Options

[Pokemon thread] Download the patch that fixes the Lumiose City bug now

• Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    akjak wrote: »
    Does anyone have a female Synchronize Ralts (any nature) I could borrow/have?

If you're still on in 3 hours or so, I can send you one.

@wyvern

I'm at work with wifi that hates trading. Later on tonight (so in like 6 hours... boo!) I'll be on. Thanks.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    pirateluigipirateluigi Arr, it be me. Registered User regular
    @Catastrophe_XXVI What are you trying to breed? I might have some pointers / already have something that can help.

I was thinking of it in general. After spending two evenings getting a 31/31/x/31/x/31 Timid Charziard without the hidden power I want. I'm sort of thinking that I spent a good chunk of time getting that and the 31 in Attack is a waste. So If I want 5/6 perfect IVs I've gotta go catch more dittos etc. and a charmeleon with the hidden power and start over. Now it's been pretty relaxing doing it but I've sunk a lot of time into a theoretical team member that is actually sub-par from what I understand.

Wait.. hidden power or hidden ability?

Because if it's hidden power, that's derived from the IVs... dittos won't help you there.

If you just want to get the 5th IV, you still don't need Ditto. That's actually the harder way to do it. The better way is to breed up two seperate charizards with 4 IVs and breed them together. Using destiny knot, it should only take a couple hours to get 5 perfect IVs. You only really NEED dittos to: get a female if you only have a male, get the Hidden Ability passed down if you only have a male with the hidden ability, and to breed genderless pokemon.

http://www.danreviewstheworld.com
    Nintendo Network ID - PirateLuigi 3DS: 3136-6586-7691
    G&T Grass Type Pokemon Gym Leader, In-Game Name: Dan
  • Options
    Does anyone have a female Synchronize Ralts (any nature) I could borrow/have?

If you're still on in 3 hours or so, I can send you one.

@wyvern

I'm at work with wifi that hates trading. Later on tonight (so in like 6 hours... boo!) I'll be on. Thanks.

Or wait, never mind. I just bred one. For some reason I was thinking that Synchronize was a hidden ability.

• Options
    Catastrophe_XXVICatastrophe_XXVI Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    @Catastrophe_XXVI What are you trying to breed? I might have some pointers / already have something that can help.

I was thinking of it in general. After spending two evenings getting a 31/31/x/31/x/31 Timid Charziard without the hidden power I want. I'm sort of thinking that I spent a good chunk of time getting that and the 31 in Attack is a waste. So If I want 5/6 perfect IVs I've gotta go catch more dittos etc. and a charmeleon with the hidden power and start over. Now it's been pretty relaxing doing it but I've sunk a lot of time into a theoretical team member that is actually sub-par from what I understand.

Because if it's hidden power, that's derived from the IVs... dittos won't help you there.

If you just want to get the 5th IV, you still don't need Ditto. That's actually the harder way to do it. The better way is to breed up two seperate charizards with 4 IVs and breed them together. Using destiny knot, it should only take a couple hours to get 5 perfect IVs. You only really NEED dittos to: get a female if you only have a male, get the Hidden Ability passed down if you only have a male with the hidden ability, and to breed genderless pokemon.

OK but at the start don't I still need two dittos with some combination of 31/x/31/31/31/31 between them? That's when I can breed the charmanders until I get a male with 4/6 and a female with 4/6 and breed those together until I get the 5/6 one with all the right other things. I'm reading up on it and I get how to increase odds, I think my process is just slow since I'm new to it.

Someone already linked a pretty straight forward link to IGN that spells it out.

I did mean hidden ability. I assume solar power is the way to go for the increase to Sp attack at the cost of some HP. STAB+Drought+Solar Power all stack right? So a fire Sp Attack would do tons of damage.

Catastrophe_XXVI on
    PSN ID: Catastrophe_xxvi
    3DS FC: 5086-1134-6451
    Shiny Code: 3837
  • Options
    TayrunTayrun Registered User regular
    The eggs in my party will hatch if I just keep zooming around on these skates, right?

• Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    Wyvern wrote: »
    Chen wrote: »
    Matrias wrote: »
    Chen wrote: »
    I haven't looked into the team composition in depth yet, and if I understand it correctly, you're not willing to budge a lot which is totally fine. Everyone has their favourites. I can point out some weaknesses on what would threaten you. If you want to.
    Thanks, @Chen. I am actually willing to budge on about half the time if there's a obvious holes I'm overlooking. The only Pokemon set in stone truly Galvantula and Charizard (Starmie too, but only out of usefulness rather than preference). I do want to add two Dragons (penciled in as Tyrantrum and Hyrdeigon, but I can opt for others) and Something Else (Aegislash was penciled in).

This is just general advice since I can't check stats and do calcs on my phone very well, but if you're only using Starmie for its usefulness, you might want to consider Tentacruel. It can Rapid Spin as well, neuter Toxic Spikes and be a general nuisance to Fairy and Fighting types with its resistances. With three dragons in your team, you absolutely want pokes that can deal with dragon and fairy types. Tentacruel can take Hydreigon's fighting, ice, fairy and bug weaknesses and Hydreigon can take psychic, ground, grass and electric for Tentacruel. Starmie can revenge kill better, but Tentacruel is no slouch either with its 100 base speed and with Sticky Web, it can threaten burn and poison with Scald and Sludge Bomb.

Now you'll just need a steel type to take the rock and dragon weaknesses of Mega Charizard who is arguably your centerpiece. Ferrothorn fits the bill and can lay Stealth Rock in return. If you really want a bulky revenge killer though, there is probably no one better at the job than Scizor. Specially defensive Scizor is disgustingly sturdy. Only the strongest fire attacks can take it down in one hit and the rest it can Roost off. It'll murder fairies that plague your dragons and murder everything else for fun and profit.

The downside is that you'll miss a spinblocker. Aegislash can do that, but it can't really kill the spinners like Scizor can. It's essentially a trade off. You only have room for six dudes so you can't do everything.

The problem with swapping out Starmie for Tentacruel is that leaves nobody on the team with more than 100 base speed, which scares me. No scarves, either. In the absence of Sticky Web or an active Dragon Dance wouldn't you be really vulnerable to a good sweep?

Charizard actually doesn't really have to worry about fairies too much, because Moonbeam is only neutral against it and it retaliates with physical attacks, which fairies do not take well outside of Mawile (who gets melted by fire). It probably can't switch in on a Moonbeam, but once it's already in a fairy can't really dislodge it as long as you don't get totally baited with Outrage or something.

I didn't say Mega Charizard is fairy weak. Hydreigon however has a huge gaping loft where fairies can put their gentle glittering beams of white sparkles in. Most fairies are special based, which Tentacruel can take with ease.

Sure, no fast Pokemon in your team can be a scary thing, but there's a strategy called Bulky Offense where you more or less have six bulky types, some setup, some choiced. On that note, Tyrantrum can run choice scarf. With its 71 base, it'll outspeed base 130 with max EVs and a positive nature. Charizard can then run Dragon Dance and sweep while Hydreigon can nuke walls.

V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Tayrun wrote: »
    The eggs in my party will hatch if I just keep zooming around on these skates, right?
    Yes. Best is if you have fly, fly to the center of luminose city and hold right or left to go in an infinite circle. jam a dime/penny under your analog stick to autobike

If you have the fletching/der/whatever that hs flame body, it makes eggs hatch faster (anyone with flame body or magma)

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Has anyone found a way to get extra leftovers yet? as far as I can tell there's no place to catch snorlax or mutchlax except the event, so the hell am I supposed to get more :/

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    NichNich Registered User regular

OK but at the start don't I still need two dittos with some combination of 31/x/31/31/31/31 between them? That's when I can breed the charmanders until I get a male with 4/6 and a female with 4/6 and breed those together until I get the 5/6 one with all the right other things. I'm reading up on it and I get how to increase odds, I think my process is just slow since I'm new to it.

Someone already linked a pretty straight forward link to IGN that spells it out.

I did mean hidden ability. I assume solar power is the way to go for the increase to Sp attack at the cost of some HP. STAB+Drought+Solar Power all stack right? So a fire Sp Attack would do tons of damage.

You might want to get the dittos anyways, since it's nice to have universal breeders when beginning a project, but in reality any male from the egg group, including other charmanders, with a 31 IV in the stats that you want can be used. This is useful for if, say, you had just finished breeding a 5 IV male larvitar, which on its own would get you much further than a 2-3 IV ditto would. Or if, like me, you're simply too lazy to catch enough quality dittos to cover all of the stats.

3DS friend code: 3523-3358-5049
    Proud owner of the Veggie, Constellation and Cephalothorax badges
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    Has anyone found a way to get extra leftovers yet? as far as I can tell there's no place to catch snorlax or mutchlax except the event, so the hell am I supposed to get more :/

Gotta wait till the postgame to buy them with BP.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    devericdeveric MinneapolisRegistered User regular
    Tayrun wrote: »

Yes, or use the bike. My favorite method is going to the center of Lumiose City and ride around the center, in one direction. Even better? Weigh something down on your left D-Pad button. I find I can use the DS stylus angled under my laptop or something like, with the edge tip of the stylus weighing the D-Pad down. Auto walk to hatch eggs.

• Options
    Hmm. Something on the Internet said the Ralts line can learn False Swipe, but Serebii doesn't agree.

Ralts can't learn it, but can anyone check if any of its evos can?

Maybe Synchronize + Hypnosis + False Swipe isn't possible?

• Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    Hmm. Something on the Internet said the Ralts line can learn False Swipe, but Serebii doesn't agree.

I think Gallade learns False Swipe.

Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options

Gallade can learn it.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Gallade learn it.

But Gallade trade Syncronize for Steadfast

• Options
    THEPAIN73 wrote: »

I think Gallade learns False Swipe.

Will it lose Synchronize when it evolves?

• Options
    Last SonLast Son Registered User regular

Can you catch the one in the pokemon village? Theres one sleeping under one of the pavilion things there.

• Options
    pirateluigipirateluigi Arr, it be me. Registered User regular

Unless the pokemon is genderless, you can use any pokemon you want to breed with them. Here's what I did with Ralts that got me what I wanted in a few hours:

Started with a female Ralts. I bred it with a Timid male (I think it was a Gulpin) that was holding an everstone. Now I have a Timid female Ralts. I then went and caught a bunch of Swalots in the safari zone since they can breed with ralts and safari pokemon always have at least 2 perfect ivs. I then started breeding one of them with the Ralts, by giving the swalot Destiny Knot and the Ralts the everstone, until I had a female timid Ralts with 2 perfect IVs. Then I bred a female Timid Ralts (with everstone) with 2 perfect IVs with a different Swalot holding an destiny knot until I had a few timid Ralts with 3 perfect IVs.

I then repeated the process with different Swalots until I had a few with 3 perfect IVs (but in different stats). Then I bred those Ralts together until I had some with 4 perfect IVs. Then I bred THOSE ralts together until I got my perfect one.

All together, it took me about 4 hours from start to finish (including EV training)

http://www.danreviewstheworld.com
    Nintendo Network ID - PirateLuigi 3DS: 3136-6586-7691
    G&T Grass Type Pokemon Gym Leader, In-Game Name: Dan
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    So whats the best way to grind pokemon exp in this game? Slap a lucky egg on with exp share and just take on the elite four or restaurants? Got a lot of pokes to evolve for the dex entries.

Can't believe Gamefreak took out audino grinding, they take the best stuff out of these games sometimes, it's fucking weird. It was amazing and I loved it.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    Enlong wrote: »
    Gallade learn it.

Ugh... this is too damn complicated. It's level a Kirlia to 53 (while stunting it's evolution) to get Hypnosis and then evolve into Gallarde for False Swipe, but losing Synchronize.

So much for an army of uber catchers of each nature.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    RockinX wrote: »
    SR is a Larvitar egg move.

Is there a site that will calculate/show how such a move could be transferred?

SR is only available by level up now, which means it's mostly in the mineral egg group. Is there any pokemon that's also in another group that could get it out of there and eventually maneuver it to Tyranitar?
    I miss vee-kun's egg calculator :(

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    We need a Wii U Coliseum-alike, where the 1P story takes place in that unknown region mentioned by that one dude.

And you get a special item if you link up X or Y and have the souvenir.

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Gallade learn it.

Ugh... this is too damn complicated. It's level a Kirlia to 53 (while stunting it's evolution) to get Hypnosis and then evolve into Gallarde for False Swipe, but losing Synchronize.

So much for an army of uber catchers of each nature.

In case you weren't already aware, you can take any old level 1 Synchronizer, KO it, and put it in the first slot and it still works.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    NichNich Registered User regular
    SR is a Larvitar egg move.

Is there a site that will calculate/show how such a move could be transferred?

SR is only available by level up now, which means it's mostly in the mineral egg group. Is there any pokemon that's also in another group that could get it out of there and eventually maneuver it to Tyranitar?

I got it from tyrantrum, they're both in the same egg group. I can toss one of my spares your way, if you like. They also have pursuit.

3DS friend code: 3523-3358-5049
    Proud owner of the Veggie, Constellation and Cephalothorax badges
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    You can also get everstones from wild Boldores.

Just thought I would mention that since people seem to lose their everstones sometimes and have to go looking for more.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Wait. Priority-Roost?

• Options
    Maz- wrote: »

Wait leftovers were on the BP vendors? I didn't see any when I looked.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    TannerMSTannerMS "I'm confidence cause I'm zerg!" Registered User regular

Solar Power will get replaced by Drought when he Mega evolves

• Options
    Maz- wrote: »

Wait leftovers were on the BP vendors? I didn't see any when I looked.

They aren't? Huh.
    I don't think there's a way to get any extra ones then.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Wait... there's only 1 leftovers in the game? And it's on the Snorlax I didn't catch?

This can't be true.

That's the dumbest thing....

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    As of B/W2, you had a 1% chance of getting Leftovers from a level 81+ pokemon with Pickup. Which is...less than ideal, but possibly still an option.
    DaemonSadi wrote: »
    Wait... there's only 1 leftovers in the game? And it's on the Snorlax I didn't catch?

This can't be true.

It's not on the Snorlax, you find them on the ground...somewhere, I forget. I don't know if it's possible for the Snorlax to have one or not.

Wyvern on
    Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    TannerMSTannerMS "I'm confidence cause I'm zerg!" Registered User regular

This can't be true.

I don't remember where it was but it's definitely not on the Snorlax

• Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    GUYS, I'M FREAKING OUT

WHERE CAN YOU GET MORE LEFTOVERS?

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Wyvern wrote: »
    As of B/W2, you had a 1% chance of getting Leftovers from a level 81+ pokemon with Pickup. Which is...less than ideal, but possibly still an option.

This can't be true.

It's not on the Snorlax, you find them on the ground...somewhere, I forget. I don't know if it's possible for the Snorlax to have one or not.

Oh ok.

That's no biggie then if it isnt missable.

• Options
    TayrunTayrun Registered User regular
    TannerMS wrote: »

This can't be true.

I don't remember where it was but it's definitely not on the Snorlax

Iirc I found some on the ground on Route 12. Head south from that Skiddo ranch place and there's a cuttable tree.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Could be held by wilds, for all we know.

• Options
    GUYS, I'M FREAKING OUT

seems like it might just be stupidly rare from high level pickup. Kiiiiiiiiinda shitty. Not sure what items I'm going to put on my bulkier dudes that don't need a choice/LO. Guess I might do assault vest ttar.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    GUYS, I'M FREAKING OUT

Buy both games. :p

V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    devericdeveric MinneapolisRegistered User regular
    I thought the dittos from friend safaris were supposed to be perfect all around? I pulled about a dozen, nothing over relatively superior

This discussion has been closed.