As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Pokemon thread] Download the patch that fixes the Lumiose City bug now

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    oxybe wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »
    Someone vandalized the spreadsheet :?

did they? i just reloaded it and it looks fine, just organized by username instead of safari type.

Oh hey, it was just fixed. No problems now.

• Options
    VeitsevVeitsev Registered User regular
    Someone vandalized the spreadsheet :?

did they? i just reloaded it and it looks fine, just organized by username instead of safari type.

Yes its fine.

nibblersig-1.jpg
    Steam 3DS: 1160-9885-2554
  • Options
    SevorakSevorak Registered User regular
    do you have any extras of those ferroseeds? dont care about ivs or natures
    RockinX wrote: »
    @Sevorak I have Protean Froakies, I'd love a Ferroseed.
    I only have one extra for Winky right now, but I'll be getting a 0 speed ditto later today and then I'll be breeding a ton.
    @Winky, I do have a female ferroseed with the egg moves, so she's all yours.
    Nabob wrote: »
    Awesome! I'd love one! I friended you, my FC is in my sig. All I really have are a 4x31 Starly and proabably some Panchams, Scythers and Larvestas with 3x31 or maybe if you are looking for a specific nature or IV combo ditto, I have a ton of them lying around.
    @Nabob No problem I have tons of them now. I'll take a Starly.

I should be online in about an hour. I'll open trades with you and Winky if you're around.

steam_sig.png 3DS: 0748-2282-4229
  • Options
    TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular
    @Winky ill trade you whatever if you can make a baby of ferroseed, nature and iv doesn't matter lol. I just need the moves.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    How is Pangoro? He's certainly got the look of a bulky badass.

I actually dumped pancham early on but I have an eye on putting him on my trick room teams come december.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    Does anyone have a jolly ditto they could spare? Don't care about the stats, just having a bitch of a time getting the nature on my aerodactyl.

• Options
    oxybeoxybe Entei is appaled and disappointed in you Registered User regular
    so i'm now breeding larvitars with Stealth Rock and Pursuit. i'm probably going to have Payback as my third move and i'm debating between Stone Edge and Brick Break unless there is a way to get something like Superpower on tyranitar i don't know of.

you can read my collected ravings at oxybesothertumbr.tumblr.com
    -Weather Badge
  • Options
    i looked on smogon and it seems fireblast is another option, as it allows me to cook up guys like ferrothorn and defog-scizor.

-Weather Badge
  • Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    Dark/Fighting has bad coverage now that fairies exist. Ask Scrafty.

V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    Sevorak wrote: »
    do you have any extras of those ferroseeds? dont care about ivs or natures
    @Sevorak I have Protean Froakies, I'd love a Ferroseed.
    I only have one extra for Winky right now, but I'll be getting a 0 speed ditto later today and then I'll be breeding a ton.
    @Winky, I do have a female ferroseed with the egg moves, so she's all yours.
    Nabob wrote: »
    Awesome! I'd love one! I friended you, my FC is in my sig. All I really have are a 4x31 Starly and proabably some Panchams, Scythers and Larvestas with 3x31 or maybe if you are looking for a specific nature or IV combo ditto, I have a ton of them lying around.
    @Nabob No problem I have tons of them now. I'll take a Starly.

I should be online in about an hour. I'll open trades with you and Winky if you're around.

Thanks.

• Options
    i looked on smogon and it seems fireblast is another option, as it allows me to cook up guys like ferrothorn and defog-scizor.

I think with an Adamant nature, Fire Punch will outdamage Fire Blast now that it's been nerfed to 110BP. Unfortunately, the elemental punches are move tutor only in gen 4 and 5.

V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Chen wrote: »
    Dark/Fighting has bad coverage now that fairies exist. Ask Scrafty.
    No! You lie!

*covers Scrafty's ears and hugs him*

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    Scraggy freaks me the fuck out.

I say fairy jizz beam them all to death.

Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Lanrutcon wrote: »
    Scraggy freaks me the fuck out.

I say fairy jizz beam them all to death.
    Scrafty is a straight up gangster pokemon.

He's really fun to use, it would be pretty sad to see him become irrelevant so soon after Gen V.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    i'm made him sassy.

the lower speed means he'll probably win the weather race VS other weather entry guys and allow payback to hit with 100 base damage against most guys. pursuit is a "duh" move on him. stealth rock is for even more hazard dickery and then... i'm leaning towards fire blast.

-Weather Badge
  • Options
    The way he comes out of his ball with one hand on his pants and one in the air is hilarious.

"Hey, motherfuckers! It's Scrafty!"

• Options
    MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    So, I want to point out a really sexy opening you can do with Greninja: if you open against an electric attack you can lay down spikes and nullify it.

How does that work?

Protean, spikes is a ground move.

Haha, that's brilliant. But it fucks over the Galvantula opening I had in mind. Arse!

Hit him with a bug buzz instead.

3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
  • Options
    Clefairy uses Metronome!
    *Scrafty explodes*

V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    Heh, same thing happened to me with a Scizor. Perfect SpA is doing me all manner of... nothing.

Also if you have a spare Gligar I'd love to borrow one to jumpstart my breeding, only have a single x/x/x/x/x/x immunity gligar right now since i'm trying to farm up the bp for the evo item first.

Sure thing. Do you have a preference between male/female?

Got any spare Scizors?

Yup, adamant technician with decent stats. I think either should be fine. Pretty sure the immunity gligar I have is female as well, so whichever is easier for you to throw away is fine :)

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    XerinkXerink Registered User regular
    Welp, I just got my first shiny via breeding. Didn't even notice it was shiny until I was about to release it. >.>

The downside? It's a shiny Nincada. :rotate:

PSN: darkhart0
    3DS FC: 2234-7230-2712
    Battle.net: Kriese#1709
  • Options
    Xerink wrote: »
    Welp, I just got my first shiny via breeding. Didn't even notice it was shiny until I was about to release it. >.>

You get two shiny pokémon and you complain?

• Options
    XerinkXerink Registered User regular

I was just hoping if I was to get a shiny, it'd be something else I'd be breeding. Don't worry, I'll make do.

PSN: darkhart0
    3DS FC: 2234-7230-2712
    Battle.net: Kriese#1709
  • Options

I was just hoping if I was to get a shiny, it'd be something else I'd be breeding. Don't worry, I'll make do.

I'm pretty sure Shedinja will also be shiny.

• Options
    So, I've discovered a new level of absolute horror: Ninjask set-up for a baton pass into Mega-Kangaskhan.

The Ninjask's ability gets him speed every turn, then he runs Protect, Swords Dance, and Baton Pass and has a Focus Sash.

Turn 1 the Ninjask Protects, then turn 2 it Swords Dances, and you can't kill it then due to Focus Sash. So at the very least, when the Mega-Kangaskhan comes out it will have 2x Speed and 2x Attack.

Fun!

I'm trying to work out how to beat it, seems you either have to do something to disable the Ninjask on turn 2, or use the opportunity to get your own set-up running to take out Kangaskhan as he comes in.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    So, I've discovered a new level of absolute horror: Ninjask set-up for a baton pass into Mega-Kangaskhan.

The Ninjask's ability gets him speed every turn, then he runs Protect, Swords Dance, and Baton Pass and has a Focus Sash.

Turn 1 the Ninjask Protects, then turn 2 it Swords Dances, and you can't kill it then due to Focus Sash. So at the very least, when the Mega-Kangaskhan comes out it will have 2x Speed and 2x Attack.

Fun!

I'm trying to work out how to beat it, seems you either have to do something to disable the Ninjask on turn 2, or use the opportunity to get your own set-up running to take out Kangaskhan as he comes in.

Skill Link whatever smashes focus, doesn't it?

Otherwise, Topsy Turvy to invert the stat bonuses?

Edit: Otherwise, Infiltrator goes past protect now I think.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    NabobNabob Registered User regular
    @Sevorak If that isnt a 4x31 starly PM me and I'll find the right one for you. I forgot to double check :/

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2367-6821
  • Options

Fun!

Roar/Whirlwind

Set up rocks.

Bye, bye, Ninjask!

V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    Hey @TheUnsane1 @Malakaius @Heatwave @Zython I've added you to a friends list so I can get at your choice friends Safari morsels (Dragonairs? Gen I fire Pokemon? Everyone must want to be your friend!). I'd be super appreciative if you guys could add me back.

3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    So, who can throw me a pokerus 'mon? :D

BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    Hoooooly shiiiiiiiiit

Alright, this is my new Mawile set-up:
    Substitute
    Sucker Punch
    Play Rough
    Swords Dance

Put up a substitute, swords dance behind it: if they don't take that substitute down immediately they are completely and utterly fucked. At two swords dances you can OHKO almost anything with a sucker punch, resistances be damned.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    I refuse to use my Master Ball on anything other than a Magicarp.

It's tradition, dontchaknow.
    It doesn't count if you evolve it.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Hoooooly shiiiiiiiiit

Substitute
    Sucker Punch
    Play Rough
    Swords Dance

Put up a substitute, swords dance behind it: if they don't take that substitute down immediately they are completely and utterly fucked. At two swords dances you can OHKO almost anything with a sucker punch, resistances be damned.

Is this Mega? Because Huge Power lololol.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Hoooooly shiiiiiiiiit

Substitute
    Sucker Punch
    Play Rough
    Swords Dance

Is this Mega? Because Huge Power lololol.

Yeah.

Huge is an understatement.

• Options
    SevorakSevorak Registered User regular
    edited October 2013

Fun!

Baton Pass passes Perish Song onto the incoming mon. And Perish Song hits through Protect!

Sevorak on
    steam_sig.png 3DS: 0748-2282-4229
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    How is Pangoro? He's certainly got the look of a bulky badass.

I actually dumped pancham early on but I have an eye on putting him on my trick room teams come december.

He learns parting shot which is interesting. But that's kind of it, it seems.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular

Fun!

Baton Pass passes Perish Song onto the incoming mon. And Perish Song hits through Protect!

There's also the possibility of throwing a priority move at Ninjask before it Passes out.

But this does present an interesting opportunity.

Would I be better served by using Ninjask to pass to Kangaskhan, instead of using Florges as an Aromatherapist? Or maybe replace Volcarona?

And should Kangaskhan run Crunch/Sucker Punch and Earthquake, or Crunch/Sucker Punch and Fake Out?

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    What town is the Poke Miles guy in? It's not labeled on the map.

• Options
    Lumiose City Pokécenter

V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    also, just to make this pokemon-relevant, here is professor sycamore re-enacting a scene from the show.
    1393665_376845895780961_980513852_n.jpg
    in my mind, this is cannon X/Y now.

Holy shit that is the best.

• Options
    KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    rndmhero wrote: »
    Does anyone have a jolly ditto they could spare? Don't care about the stats, just having a bitch of a time getting the nature on my aerodactyl.

I have a jolly ditto I can give you if you still need it.

My FC is: 3780-9025-2053

This discussion has been closed.