Options

[Pokemon thread] Download the patch that fixes the Lumiose City bug now

• Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    Well, time to abuse the hell out of Toxic Heal and Black Sludge.

• Options
    RiqaRiqa Registered User regular
    deveric wrote: »
    I thought the dittos from friend safaris were supposed to be perfect all around? I pulled about a dozen, nothing over relatively superior

Like any other Safari pokemon, they have guaranteed two max IV's. Rest is random.

3DS: 3411-1583-6442
    Steam: Noai
    Warframe: Fairwoods
  • Options
    undergroundmonorailundergroundmonorail single-track subway Registered User regular
    They have 2 perfect IVs.

Pokémon X | 3DS Friend Code: 0490-4897-7688
    Friend Safari: Fighting - Machoke, Pancham, Riolu | In game name: Jessica
    Official Weather Gym Leader of the G+T Pokémon League. @me to try for the Climate Badge!
  • Options
    devericdeveric MinneapolisRegistered User regular
    Ah gotcha. Welp, just gonna keep farming for now

• Options
    Oh well, I'll need some high-level Linoones then.

• Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Last Son wrote: »
    Added another wave of FCs, please add me back at 3411-1518-9268.

Done.

BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    Just noticed one of my dittos has pokerus. God bless you random japanese person!

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Options
    MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    edit

Matrias on
    3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    So I'm trying to capture Zangoose before he gets murdered by all those snakes he appears with.

What's the best way? Quick ball? Some sort of attack that violently lowers everyone's defense? Prayer?

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    So I'm trying to capture Zangoose before he gets murdered by all those snakes he appears with.

What's the best way? Quick ball? Some sort of attack that violently lowers everyone's defense? Prayer?

You can't throw any pokeballs until there's only one 'mon left standing.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    NabobNabob Registered User regular
    Guh! Its taking forever to find an Immunity Gligar! It doesn't help that it is always raining on stupid Route 19

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2367-6821
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular

Quick Ball (or any ball) won't work.
    Your best bet is probably an attack that hits all Pokemon on the field that kills the Sevipers but leaves the Zangoose alive.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Chen wrote: »
    Wyvern wrote: »
    Matrias wrote: »
    I haven't looked into the team composition in depth yet, and if I understand it correctly, you're not willing to budge a lot which is totally fine. Everyone has their favourites. I can point out some weaknesses on what would threaten you. If you want to.
    Thanks, @Chen. I am actually willing to budge on about half the time if there's a obvious holes I'm overlooking. The only Pokemon set in stone truly Galvantula and Charizard (Starmie too, but only out of usefulness rather than preference). I do want to add two Dragons (penciled in as Tyrantrum and Hyrdeigon, but I can opt for others) and Something Else (Aegislash was penciled in).

This is just general advice since I can't check stats and do calcs on my phone very well, but if you're only using Starmie for its usefulness, you might want to consider Tentacruel. It can Rapid Spin as well, neuter Toxic Spikes and be a general nuisance to Fairy and Fighting types with its resistances. With three dragons in your team, you absolutely want pokes that can deal with dragon and fairy types. Tentacruel can take Hydreigon's fighting, ice, fairy and bug weaknesses and Hydreigon can take psychic, ground, grass and electric for Tentacruel. Starmie can revenge kill better, but Tentacruel is no slouch either with its 100 base speed and with Sticky Web, it can threaten burn and poison with Scald and Sludge Bomb.

Now you'll just need a steel type to take the rock and dragon weaknesses of Mega Charizard who is arguably your centerpiece. Ferrothorn fits the bill and can lay Stealth Rock in return. If you really want a bulky revenge killer though, there is probably no one better at the job than Scizor. Specially defensive Scizor is disgustingly sturdy. Only the strongest fire attacks can take it down in one hit and the rest it can Roost off. It'll murder fairies that plague your dragons and murder everything else for fun and profit.

The downside is that you'll miss a spinblocker. Aegislash can do that, but it can't really kill the spinners like Scizor can. It's essentially a trade off. You only have room for six dudes so you can't do everything.

The problem with swapping out Starmie for Tentacruel is that leaves nobody on the team with more than 100 base speed, which scares me. No scarves, either. In the absence of Sticky Web or an active Dragon Dance wouldn't you be really vulnerable to a good sweep?

Charizard actually doesn't really have to worry about fairies too much, because Moonbeam is only neutral against it and it retaliates with physical attacks, which fairies do not take well outside of Mawile (who gets melted by fire). It probably can't switch in on a Moonbeam, but once it's already in a fairy can't really dislodge it as long as you don't get totally baited with Outrage or something.

I didn't say Mega Charizard is fairy weak. Hydreigon however has a huge gaping loft where fairies can put their gentle glittering beams of white sparkles in. Most fairies are special based, which Tentacruel can take with ease.

Sure, no fast Pokemon in your team can be a scary thing, but there's a strategy called Bulky Offense where you more or less have six bulky types, some setup, some choiced. On that note, Tyrantrum can run choice scarf. With its 71 base, it'll outspeed base 130 with max EVs and a positive nature. Charizard can then run Dragon Dance and sweep while Hydreigon can nuke walls.
    thanks for so much for the dialogue guys. Pokemon is a game I get paralyzed with choice so I really appreciate the help.

I was thinking if speed was going to be a problem, perhaps swap Tyrantrum for one of Noivern or Garchomp? Noivern's speed is excellent but he's a different type of poke and that opens up different threats. Garchomp does Tyrantrum's thing better, but I've been avoiding because he's already such a popular choice. Ive already relented on Mr. Popular Scizor (because you emphasized the dragons need to be protected by a really hard counter).

Also what does defensive Scizor mean? Assault Vest and Roost?

Matrias on
  • Options
    Maz- wrote: »

Your best bet is probably an attack that hits all Pokemon on the field that kills the Sevipers but leaves the Zangoose alive.

So, area attack that has a veeeery specific attack range on a fairly rare horde. Should just take me a week or two.

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular

Honestly, I'd say don't bother. Just throw up a Seviper on GTS and ask for Zangoose.

They might as well be version exclusives with how that horde works.

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular

So, area attack that has a veeeery specific attack range on a fairly rare horde. Should just take me a week or two.

If you want a Zangoose I can just give you one :p

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options

If you want a Zangoose I can just give you one :p

Aw dang, I'm not going to be online tonight. Thanks though!

I'll give the GTS a whirl. Though I'm amazed at how many people are asking for Mewtwos in exchange for Pidgeys or whatever.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular

Super weak aoe ground attack that can oneshot the sevipers but not the zangoose since it's super effective against them is pretty much the only thing I could think of.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    SevorakSevorak Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Nabob wrote: »
    Guh! Its taking forever to find an Immunity Gligar! It doesn't help that it is always raining on stupid Route 19

I have plenty to spare. Impish with 4 perfect IVs. Won't be on until after 6 PST though.

Related: Guys I just bred a Gligar with six perfect IVs. Had two fours in the daycare and was just going for a five. Why couldn't this have happened with something I wanted to make a mixed attacker?

Sevorak on
    steam_sig.png 3DS: 0748-2282-4229
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Sevorak wrote: »
    Nabob wrote: »

I have plenty to spare. Impish with 4 perfect IVs. Won't be on until after 6 PST though.

Related: Guys I just bred a Gligar with six perfect IVs. Had two fours in the daycare and was just going for a five. Why couldn't this have happened with something I wanted to make a mixed attacker?

Heh, same thing happened to me with a Scizor. Perfect SpA is doing me all manner of... nothing.

Also if you have a spare Gligar I'd love to borrow one to jumpstart my breeding, only have a single x/x/x/x/x/x immunity gligar right now since i'm trying to farm up the bp for the evo item first.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    SagrothSagroth Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Now I understand how the rest of you all feel. Waiting and hoping for @Mekredd to be online in Pokemon the same time as me so I can access his Dittos is excruciating,

Sagroth on
    3DS Code: 5155-3087-0800
  • Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    In my view, defensive Scizor can be done in three ways:
    1) Choice Band, maximizing HP and Attack. Murders Psychic and Ghost types with +1 Pursuit or does a lot of damage with U-turn scouting for Pokemon and to keep momentum. Can clean up late game with +1 Bullet Punch. Moves: U-Turn / Bullet Punch / Pursuit / Superpower
    2) Defensive Swords Dance, max HP, with the rest in SpDef and Attack. With the extra bulk, can set up and hit with +2, +4 or +6 Bug Bite or Bullet Punch. Can make use of Scizorite for extra attack and bulk. Moves: Bug Bite / Bullet Punch / Swords Dance / Roost
    3) Support, max HP and near max SpDef with possibly a careful nature. Can tank hits and support the team with Defog or Baton Pass. Moves: Bullet Punch / U-turn / Defog / Roost, or Bullet Punch / Swords Dance or Agility / Baton Pass / Roost

Assault Vest is an interesting option, but you will lose Roost, which I'm not sure you want. It can't really hurt fire types at any rate.

V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Haha, you can hurt yourself by touching Ferroseed's spikes in Pokemon Amie.

Also, it eats pokepuffs without a mouth.

• Options
    oxybeoxybe Entei is appaled and disappointed in you Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Friend safari dittos have at least 2 perfect IV, same with any 'mon.

dittos can just do the freaky with ANY 'mon, so with an army of dittos and the Everstone+DestinyKnot you can pass down IVs and Natures to get perfect or near perfect 'mons.

my skarmory has 31/31/31/x/31/31, goodra 31/x/31/31/31/31, garchomp 31/31/31/31/31/31 & Aegislash 31/x/31/x/31/31.

i'm going to be breeding a Tyranitar with similar stats too.

all it takes is patience and an army of gray blobs.

also: Monster and cold pizza, the 7pm breakfast of champions

oxybe on
    you can read my collected ravings at oxybesothertumbr.tumblr.com
    -Weather Badge
  • Options
    oxybe wrote: »

dittos can just do the freaky with ANY 'mon, so with an army of dittos and the Everstone+DestinyKnot you can pass down IVs and Natures to get perfect or near perfect 'mons.

my skarmory has 31/31/31/x/31/31, goodra 31/x/31/31/31/31, garchomp 31/31/31/31/31/31 & Aegislash 31/x/31/x/31/31.

A season of a good TV show also helps.

• Options
    Winky wrote: »

Like Waddle Doo!

• Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Quick balls are bullshit. Nine in a row on 'mons 40+ levels lower without a single one working.

rndmhero on
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Knight_ wrote: »
    Heh, same thing happened to me with a Scizor. Perfect SpA is doing me all manner of... nothing.

Also if you have a spare Gligar I'd love to borrow one to jumpstart my breeding, only have a single x/x/x/x/x/x immunity gligar right now since i'm trying to farm up the bp for the evo item first.

Sure thing. Do you have a preference between male/female?

Got any spare Scizors?

Sevorak on
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    RockinX wrote: »

You mean stacking them? Or do they now interact? Wait, does Toxic Heal even work on any of the same things as Black Sludge?

PLA on
  • Options
    rndmhero wrote: »
    Quick balls are bullshit. Nine in a row on 'mons 40+ levels lower without a single one working.

Need that capture O-power

• Options
    PLA wrote: »

You mean stacking them? Or do they now interact?

I meant having pokés with that item and that ability on the team.

• Options
    Oh.
    Knight_ wrote: »

Super weak aoe ground attack that can oneshot the sevipers but not the zangoose since it's super effective against them is pretty much the only thing I could think of.

Is there a Ghost-AOE?

Like Waddle Doo!

Spewpa has no mouth and doesn't even get a functioning food-meter.

• Options
    edited October 2013

You mean stacking them? Or do they now interact? Wait, does Toxic Heal even work on any of the same things as Black Sludge?

You put a Toxic Orb on a mon with Poison Heal. They're now healing every turn and immune to sleep/paralysis/burn/freeze.
    Then put Black Sludge on a poison mon and they're healing every turn too.
    Add in a mon with Leftovers and you have three dudes that will heal every turn they're out.

Sevorak on
  • Options
    There's also Rain Dish and Dry Skin.

• Options
    Sevorak wrote: »

You put a Toxic Orb on a mon with Poison Heal. They're now healing every turn and immune to sleep/paralysis/burn/freeze.
    Then put Black Sludge on a poison mon and they're healing every turn too.
    Add in a mon with Leftovers and you have three dudes that will heal every turn they're out.

Yeah, I thought he talked about one mon.

• Options
    Has anyone figured out if tipping does anything?

• Options
    Where can I get a friend safari ditto?

• Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    Gible eats Poképuffs with one bite. It doesn't even touch the sides.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    oxybeoxybe Entei is appaled and disappointed in you Registered User regular
    oxybe wrote: »

A season of a good TV show also helps.

i work the night audit at a hotel 11pm-7am, it's really quiet with not much to do besides wait on walk-ins and the odd front desk call between 11-1 and it's dead quiet between 4-5 before i need to start getting breakfast ready.

so i pokemons behind the counter :3 . as long as all my work gets done, s'all cool with the higher ups.

also, if someone wants a good show: Kill la Kill. all you need to know is it's headed by Hiroyuki Imaishi, who's worked on FLCL, Gurren Laagan and Panty & Stocking w/Garterbelt. it's on it's 4th episode and just keeps picking up steam.

also, just to make this pokemon-relevant, here is professor sycamore re-enacting a scene from the show.
    1393665_376845895780961_980513852_n.jpg
    in my mind, this is cannon X/Y now.

you can read my collected ravings at oxybesothertumbr.tumblr.com
    -Weather Badge
  • Options
    Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    Is there a place to evolve Nosepass/Magneton this gen? The route before the power plant maybe?

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
This discussion has been closed.