Options

An[chat] Rome

• Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    guys

al of u

u dont understand

booty is more important than helth

but what of healthy booty

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    The problem with being overly activisty is that it sort of becomes a joke

like I can't see or hear the word "problematic" without giggling.

Because it's just so goddamned overused.

tumblr is the fucking worst at language.

Stop using the same fucking word every fucking time!

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    guys

al of u

u dont understand

sircck, may i interest you in an investment opportunity

"Twerk 4 Health" exercise DVD

$300,000 kickstarter contributors get access to the raw interview footage for all dancers

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    We seem to have lost the formatting option bar?

Formatting is for closers.

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    jake what kind of tryhard touch football league are you in that draws up pick plays

look man when your older bro is smothering you with press coverage you need to draw up a rub route to teach that fucker to back off a bit

trips formation, run the classic elevator doors double-pick that just hammers the defender as you cut / run a sharp slant in towards the middle of the field

I choose to believe that it's technically "touch" rules only when the ball is in the air and you're the intended receiver

this is something that used to happen at family Thanksgiving football games

I also knocked my brother on his ass with a (moving) pick in a family basketball game once

it was tie game next basket wins OK don't judge me

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    guys

al of u

u dont understand

sircck, may i interest you in an investment opportunity

"Twerk 4 Health" exercise DVD

$300,000 kickstarter contributors get access to the raw interview footage for all dancers

i am redy

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Ben Gurion security:"Why do you have to travel here, can you not communicate by e-mail?"

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    jake what kind of tryhard touch football league are you in that draws up pick plays

look man when your older bro is smothering you with press coverage you need to draw up a rub route to teach that fucker to back off a bit

trips formation, run the classic elevator doors double-pick that just hammers the defender as you cut / run a sharp slant in towards the middle of the field

I choose to believe that it's technically "touch" rules only when the ball is in the air and you're the intended receiver

this is something that used to happen at family Thanksgiving football games

I also knocked my brother on his ass with a (moving) pick in a family basketball game once

it was tie game next basket wins OK don't judge me

my mom has a chipped tooth from a family Thanksgiving football game

she's got viking blood

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Is that Gaul Tier

or, like, French for Walter?

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I also don't like how in social justice circles, you're not allowed to complain about legit problems if it might sort of make a pet cause look badly.

Like even here, we've gotten into discussions about giving money to the homeless. I pointed out that we have some VERY REAL shyster panhandlers that mill around the general vicinity of my work and that they can get fucked with their fake crutches. No matter how much I specified that particular incident, I was shamed for somehow..belittling the homeless problem in this country? It's like wat..no..those guys are dicks and I am calling them dicks. That doesn't mean the dude down the road doesn't really need a sandwich. In fact, the fact that the dude down the road DOES need a sandwich makes the play actors even MORE EVIL, but I am apparently not allowed to point out the bad eggs because your little social justice helmet has to make everything black and white

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    omg im so glad we dont have thanksgiving

family events cause scrotal shrivelling

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    hmm, what to do for lunch today. thought i was going to have one packed for me but I was mistaken.

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Though my cube neighbor has decided to counter my comedy with her new thing of going all militant black woman every time we talk. She likes to point at me and describe how "my people" are the reasons for any and all problems we have at work. At first she almost had me fooled into thinking she was seriously going hardcore on my punk ass. It wuz skurry.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    jean paul gaultier

tres snooty

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular

It was just two crossing routes and an incidental slamming into each other

If it was intentional then I hate you Dave

Well I hate him anyway but still

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    I watched a usc (that's south carolina, you mooks) game with my parents, my brother, and sister in law on the 16th

it felt like everyone was going to have a heart attack, and I thought the game was boring and the florida offense played like a high school team. It felt like I was experiencing a different reality. Much yelling and screaming to be had.

• Options
    I also don't like how in social justice circles, you're not allowed to complain about legit problems if it might sort of make a pet cause look badly.

Like even here, we've gotten into discussions about giving money to the homeless. I pointed out that we have some VERY REAL shyster panhandlers that mill around the general vicinity of my work and that they can get fucked with their fake crutches. No matter how much I specified that particular incident, I was shamed for somehow..belittling the homeless problem in this country? It's like wat..no..those guys are dicks and I am calling them dicks. That doesn't mean the dude down the road doesn't really need a sandwich. In fact, the fact that the dude down the road DOES need a sandwich makes the play actors even MORE EVIL, but I am apparently not allowed to point out the bad eggs because your little social justice helmet has to make everything black and white

it's the worst

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    omg im so glad we dont have thanksgiving

family events cause scrotal shrivelling

it's probably just as bad for your dad

being reminded how he whelped a bunch of pot smoking do nothings and all

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »
    Though my cube neighbor has decided to counter my comedy with her new thing of going all militant black woman every time we talk. She likes to point at me and describe how "my people" are the reasons for any and all problems we have at work. At first she almost had me fooled into thinking she was seriously going hardcore on my punk ass. It wuz skurry.

a black woman in I.T.

so who is your other cube mate

A unicorn?
    A gay republican?

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    really?

91PSvStlh4L._SL500_.jpg

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular

Not a problem limited to social justice movements by any means.

And to be fair if I heard you complaining about shyster panhandlers without context then I'd be tempted to assume it was an indictment against panhandlers in general.

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular

there is a dude i drive by probably 3 or 4 times a week who is asking for "gas money", standing on a corner holding a gas can

either (1) he is lying about needing gas or (2) is really terrible about watching how much gas he has and always happens to run out in the exact same spot

i'm not sure which to believe

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    jean paul gaultier

tres snooty

well it appears i am certainly not Gaul Tier then

• Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    I'm wondering if my better half has kinda disconnected from the tumblr social justice rage main line. We haven't had a fight involving topics from there in quite some time. It has been pleasant to watch shows and see movies with reasonable discussion afterward.

TBH I was meaning to ask you about how that was going last week. So things have seemed to simmered down a bit?

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    the government should just give everyone an abrams tank and the free market can figure out social justice issues

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular

i would have fixed her with my best ice stare and said

"what do you mean, you people?"

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    the government should just give everyone an abrams tank and the free market can figure out social justice issues

In the Kingdom of Gunners, the man with the driver is king.

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »

there is a dude i drive by probably 3 or 4 times a week who is asking for "gas money", standing on a corner holding a gas can

either (1) he is lying about needing gas or (2) is really terrible about watching how much gas he has and always happens to run out in the exact same spot

maybe he's saving up for like, mustard gas, so he can wreak vengeance on the man who killed his wife

• Options
    edited November 2013

And to be fair if I heard you complaining about shyster panhandlers without context then I'd be tempted to assume it was an indictment against panhandlers in general.

The incident I'm thinking of was a fairly complete story about how I'd given these guys money before, and then saw them walking around the next day fine etc. That's abbreviated, but it was pretty clear to me I wasn't going all Ayn Rand on the homeless.

Ludious on
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular

maybe he's saving up for like, mustard gas, so he can wreak vengeance on the man who killed his wife

whoa

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    I've got an ER app on my phone

like a handbook for ER people

useful to have for first aid situations at Hulen

but it is also very noticeably written for people with medical degrees and a lot more resources than bandaids

it has been making me megalomaniacal. When I found out that The Lesbian carries an epi-pen in her purse for her severe milk allergy I was like hmmmm can I use that if we get an OD in here or by the door?

ftOqU21.png
  • Options

There was once a kid, maybe 21 at the oldest, panhandling outside the Dairy Queen by where I work.

The Dairy Queen had a Help Wanted sign in the window.

I mean, maybe this kid has his own kids and a mortgage and stuff and so a job at the DQ wouldn't be any better than no job because sometimes that's the way it is.

But I doubt it.

• Options
    Milk allergy

I think I'd rather eat a bullet than live a life without dairy

• Options

Well, you do get a lot of assholes who want to strawman that shit up and use the minority shyster example as a way to derail discussion. It's not always that way, of course. But I think these days most folks on the internet will air on the side of assuming that someone is trying to asshole it up and jack the discussion towards some bullshit. And you're right, it sucks when that's not the case. But its the interwebs and even in places like this were we do a decent job of being civil. People will assume you're a dick.

• Options

best be m1a2s

none of that cheap m1 bullshit

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular

whoa
    maybe he needs to buy farts

poo
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    Milk allergy

I think I'd rather eat a bullet than live a life without dairy

Milk bullet straight from the udder

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options

which is part of why it is such a pervasive problem with discussions

it's why a racist who is like yeah I'm racist gets some due respect for that.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    dAtcCfH.gif

TL DR on
This discussion has been closed.