Options

OLD THREAD: Don't post 'til you see the whites of their Steam sales!

• Options
    Ragnar DragonfyreRagnar Dragonfyre Registered User regular
    My wishlist is littered with 50% off sales... must wait till last day...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Anyone have any idea if the Pinball FX2 tables will go lower? Do the normal rules apply to those (Flash/Daily)? Or should I just gobble them all up right now (most are half off, others have no discount, very odd) like the pinball junkie that I have become?

Last time around they never went on flash sale but all the packs/tables were 50% off. Looks like the only exception this time are Ms. Splosion Man (weird) and the newest Star Wars Pack (not surprising).

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    LostNinja wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea if the Pinball FX2 tables will go lower? Do the normal rules apply to those (Flash/Daily)? Or should I just gobble them all up right now (most are half off, others have no discount, very odd) like the pinball junkie that I have become?

Most of the tables are on the humble weekly bundle now, $1 for 5 tables, $6 for the lot for the lot
    @Edgler Vess oh well, doesn't work with multiple names

Panda4You on
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    My wishlist is littered with 50% off sales... must wait till last day of the Christmas Sale...

Fixed

This needs to be an addendum to the flow chart for this sale only

LostNinja on
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Masume wrote: »
    Much thanks again @Jragghen for Duke Nukem and for the hilarious link. :D

It is the most appropriate thing for Duke Nukem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oUa-3W0BFI

(NSFW)

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Aw lunch at work. Thought the deals would've ticked over.

• Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Panda4You wrote: »

Most of the tables are on the humble weekly bundle now, $1 for 5 tables, $6 for the lot for the lot

for names with spaces you need to put the name in quotation marks
    so for your example @ "Edgler Vess" without the space between @ and "

A huge thanks to @Shogun for sneaking up on me with Castle of Illusion when I wasn't looking.

Viking on
    steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Panda4You wrote: »

It does, you just have to put quotes around the name like this @ "Edgler Vess". Except without the space so you get this; @Edgler Vess.

• Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    ysss @jragghen thank you!

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    To my delight and surprise I found Super Hexagon in my inventory when I got back from work today. Apparently @bobwoco has made it his class mission that no poor soul should not own the game. Thanks!

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    Darth NathanDarth Nathan Registered User regular
    Huh, this is interesting. Was going to pick up Fallout 3 on Steam during this sale to replace my disc copy that got lost somewhere along the way. They've actually put a notice on the store page to say "Fallout 3 is not optimised for Windows 7". I knew the game was buggy, but I didn't realise it was bad enough to warrant that.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Huh, this is interesting. Was going to pick up Fallout 3 on Steam during this sale to replace my disc copy that got lost somewhere along the way. They've actually put a notice on the store page to say "Fallout 3 is not optimised for Windows 7". I knew the game was buggy, but I didn't realise it was bad enough to warrant that.

I've seen some unofficial fixes running around the Internet for Windows 7. So you may want to investigate before brushing it off.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    I finally bought Skyrim PC.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    I finally bought Skyrim PC.

will not regret this.

Consider getting SkyUI straightaway from the workshop.

• Options
    BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    Mudzgut wrote: »
    @Berylline cursed me...with class! Thanks for the Din's Curse Demon War DLC!!!
    I know what I'm hopping into tonight!

Speaking of Coop, let me know if you want to play some. I enjoy this game a lot.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Kinda sad I cant really participate in the sale. Had some complications this week that basically killed my funds. Well, I'll still be watching the thread Just beaming with pride in humanity when I see all the gifting. I love sales, because even if I cant participate, they make me feel better when I'm down just through happiness osmosis. Keep it up, steam thread.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    FirebirdFirebird Harbinger....of.....~something. Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Just got myself Rocksmith 2014, I am ready to learn how to rock hard!

I'M GONNA BE ROCK HA-!
    Waaaaiit a minute. :|

Firebird on
    steam_sig.png

STEAM ID: Firebird
    XBOX Live: FirebirdLR
    Playstation: FirebirdXR
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Don't forget to check out the Humble Bundle store! Some of the games are cheaper there than on Steam.

• Options
    EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    EvilMonkey wrote: »
    Flash Giveaway! (Adventure Team)
    signature.png

Edit: Steamgifts! Stop dying you coward!

Steamgifts back yet?

[PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • Options
    BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular
    BigDes wrote: »
    SteevL wrote: »
    I ended up buying the Sleeping Dogs DLC Year of the Snake and beating it just now. I don't think I've ever bought something during a Steam sale and completed it in the same day before.

You played a game you bought on Steam?

HERESY BLASPHEMER BURN THE WITCH

I've finished 9 since september! Come at me, bro!
    heenato wrote: »
    Kinda sad I cant really participate in the sale. Had some complications this week that basically killed my funds. Well, I'll still be watching the thread Just beaming with pride in humanity when I see all the gifting. I love sales, because even if I cant participate, they make me feel better when I'm down just through happiness osmosis. Keep it up, steam thread.

Hmmmm....

I, for one, enjoyed the Mako.

Steam: BrocksMullet http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972421669/

• Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    edited November 2013

I have Win 7 and I play FO3 on my PC. I can't remember the fix, but it's on the google-webs, and it works.

Feed the wall.

Edit - I had to download the D3D9.dll and it worked just fine. Well, as fine as a Bethesda game can.

Double Edit - You can also make a change to an .ini file to increase the amount of RAM it uses. Or cores. I forget which.

Capt Howdy on
    Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Thread, sell me on Gone Home.
    Is it anything more than a shot to the feels? I ask because I don't have any feels to be affected, so it would be kind of a waste of money for me if it didn't have another string to it's bow.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Why the hell does Prototype 2 still have a base price of 40 dollars?

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Gone Home is $5. Everyone get it this instant. One of the best games of the year.

Stabbity Style on
    Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Gone Home is $5. Everyone get it this instant. One of the best games of the year.

I only regret that I have but one AGREE to give to this post.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    Why the hell does Prototype 2 still have a base price of 40 dollars?

It's certainly worth £5, however you're right that it's base price is mental all things considered.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Hmmmm....
    And @BrocksMullet makes a bad day worse in the best way (What?) with a gift of the walking dead. Return of the feels! Thank you.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    Gone Home is fantastic.

Now, bear in mind, it is a pure story game, like Dear Esther or To the Moon. It's all about telling a story and reveling in the 90's atmosphere. It's about 2 hours long and those are some amazing 2 hours. I was almost in tears by the end.

Were it not for the fact that we're closing on our house next weekend, I would be handing out copies.

But don't let that stop you! It's only $5! Go, buy and experience one of the best games of the year.

• Options
    NinjabearNinjabear Registered User regular
    Has anyone here played "King Arthur's Gold"? It looks like a cross between "Worms" and "Minecraft" and it's on sale for $7.50. Just curious cause it seem like it's right up my alley.

Play Smash Bros 3DS with me!!! Friend Code: 2981-7429-8364
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    You guys gotta make sure to check out Amazon, Gamefly, and Humble Bundle. Some of these deals are way better than Steam.

I mean, I won't pay 20 bucks for XCOM Declassified but someone else might

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    In related news, I think I paid ten bucks for Gone Home a few weeks ago and now I'm upset it's cheaper

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Edgler VessEdgler Vess Registered User regular

Most of the tables are one the humble weekly bundle now, $1 for 5 tables, $6 for the lot for the lot

Yeah, that Humble pack is what started me down the road of pinball insanity, I want the rest of the tables because I need super score and wizard score and more points and.....

To say a lot more expletives when I drain because I was picking my nose, or looked at the tv, or got spoken to, or paused the game, or...

And a change of subject, I just looked at Gone Home and thought "meh" but if you guys say its good, ill bite. Everyone said "To the Moon" was great and I was really "meh" about that until I played it, now, ill never forget it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    In related news, I think I paid ten bucks for Gone Home a few weeks ago and now I'm upset it's cheaper

The story of the Steam Sale.

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular

I'm kinda miffed, but it was totally worth the $10. Hopefully there isn't some $5 game I miss out on because of it.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    striderjgstriderjg Registered User regular
    damn you all.

That is all.
    ;)

steam_sig.png
  • Options

I'm kinda miffed, but it was totally worth the $10. Hopefully there isn't some $5 game I miss out on because of it.

I haven't even played it yet. And yes, I could have used the five bucks for something else.

I'm considering buying Kentucky Route Zero from the Humble Store, but it seems like the episodes are gonna take a while to finish

steam_sig.png

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Idx86 wrote: »

I've seen some unofficial fixes running around the Internet for Windows 7. So you may want to investigate before brushing it off.

Yeah it requires adding a new fallout.ini and some other stuff that's not terribly hard for anyone here, but it's more tracking down which fix works and hoping it's not some virus. So yes, doable but a pain.

EDIT: Should note vanilla install crashes to desktop.

MichaelLC on
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    You guys gotta make sure to check out Amazon, Gamefly, and Humble Bundle. Some of these deals are way better than Steam.

I mean, I won't pay 20 bucks for XCOM Declassified but someone else might
    Sniper Elite V2 for $5.99

Pretty good.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    SPACE HULK!

signature.png

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
This discussion has been closed.