Options

[chat]en tenders for lunch

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Cinders wrote: »
    GIVE US BOOZE DEEBS

BOOT STRAPS

http://i.imgur.com/ZredwwW.gif

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    though seriously:
    I am bringing my bar kit, several different types of bitters, and at least a liter of simple syrup to boston.

If we stone soup the booze and citrus, the custom house should be bananas.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Fried bread and spaghetti.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    bowen wrote: »
    cptrugged wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    Who would ever want to put his cock in a woman who would be willing to do that to her husband?

If she'll lie to her husband about fucking you, she'll lie to you about fucking that guy with herpes.

You'll get a lot of white knights that will go against the grain of "Once a cheater, always a cheater" as if there's certain circumstances that make cheating okay.

They're wrong, oh boy are they wrong. You're talking about a moral fault, not a lapse in judgement. They are rationalizing their error as okay, and they will always be able to rationalize their error as okay.

I don't agree with "Once a cheater, always a cheater". People, especially young people, will make stupid mistakes based on emotions and raw urges and shit. So yeah, you can have a lapse in judgement, and you can even learn a lesson that will stay with you for a very long time. But just like any lie, there will always be that shadow over you about a certain trust that was lost. And it can take a very long time to get that trust back with a person who you know was a cheater. Even if you were the one cheating with them.

I'm not really worried about 20 year olds and their 4 month long relationship, when I say those things.
    But it's soooooo long, it might as well be forever. Because we're soul mates. :o

zepherin on
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    woah 300 baud

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    pacsun is still around?

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    But, Spool, they were on my list. You know, the one in my wallet.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    When it rains it pours.

I have an interview with General Dynamics tomorrow.

I was offered another temp job at the IMF but they understand I can't do it tomorrow from the interview but next time.

Get a call from another temp agency and offered a possible 2 month contract doing IT to help replace and get some new computers installed. This would probably pay 15 to 20 an hour.

So yay work!

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Casual wrote: »
    Is sleeping with a married person morally questionable?

I suppose so, I would personally avoid doing it

but it pales in comparison to the person who is actually cheating on their husband/wife

I'd put pretty much all the blame on the person doing the cheating personally, it's no ones job to preserve the sanctity of someone elses marriage

I have enough respect in myself and my integrity where I would find it incredibly difficult and damaging to my image of self to do or participate in it.

Plus I wouldn't want to hurt my s/o. If I was tempted, and I thought this was something I really wanted, and was sure, I'd have enough respect for myself and my s/o to not break their trust that way. It's still going to hurt them, but cheating has some pretty severe psychological shit associated with it.

I just can't agree with anyone that thinks it's "okay." Is getting laid really that important? It can't wait a few days for you to get your affairs in order?

Yeah sometimes you make mistakes, young people are dumb, I'm not really talking about those people. A 17 year old that's been married for 3 months when their spouse gets deployed into the military isn't what I'm really referencing here.

i dont disagree

i dont put enough value on sex that i'd be willing to get tied up in that sort of mess just for an easy screw

but like i said, if you're in a relationship it's on you to not go out looking for sex with other people or to turn it down if an offer finds you

it's not the job of the person you're offering sex to to turn you down to protect your marriage

(when i say you here I don't mean you you, just you in the general sense because it's the easist way to phrase this)

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    I'd put pretty much all the blame on the person doing the cheating personally, it's no ones job to preserve the sanctity of someone elses marriage

I disagree with this. Marriage is a social institution, and we do have a moral duty not to be a party to its destruction. That awful behavior harms everyone, and the other man/woman is a despicable person for engaging in it.

• Options
    Atomika wrote: »
    woah 300 baud

slow down there hot rod

this is a BBS, not a MUD

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    though seriously:
    I am bringing my bar kit, several different types of bitters, and at least a liter of simple syrup to boston.

homemade orgeat or I feed

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    They don't say 'sick' anymore?

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    Bfyh933CcAI1U4U.jpg

Fuck that shit, rad is still dope as fk.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular

I disagree with this. Marriage is a social institution, and we do have a moral duty not to be a party to its destruction. That awful behavior harms everyone, and the other man/woman is a despicable person for engaging in it.

Again, only if the person knew. If they didn't know the person they were in a relationship with was married, I have no problem absolving them for blame, so long as they stopped and issued an ultimatum.

Integrity means a ton to me.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    I've been known to still bust out gnarly, groovy, and tubular.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    If I don't cheat on my wife how will I know when I've found someone better? I mean, I could leave her without having cheated, but that try before you buy phase is vital to weighing up my options.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Also the irony I got a master's in a field I love so I wasn't forced into IT which my normal skill set really fits.

At least IT is a lot more relaxed in not wearing a suit all the time.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    My wife makes angostura bitters. It's remarkably easy and saves a ton, granted you don't mind waiting a month or so for them to properly steep. But at the end of that month you have enough bitters for a year or two.

Atomika on
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    TehSloth wrote: »
    though seriously:

homemade orgeat or I feed

ugh. fffiiiiinnnnneeeeee
    *slices almonds*
    *grabs rosewater*

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular

Again, only if the person knew. If they didn't know the person they were in a relationship with was married, I have no problem absolving them for blame, so long as they stopped and issued an ultimatum.
    There are ways to find out.
    Note-Left-Under-Toilet-Seat-1375211091.jpg

• Options
    rad and dope are amazing words and the best modifiers for things that are sick

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    jeffinvajeffinva Koogler coming this summerRegistered User regular
    I want to smush my face onto Mary Elizabeth Winstead's pussy

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Hee hee

"Tubular" is still great to casually use once in a blue moon

T t t time warp p p

• Options
    The waitress at a place deebs and I were at explained that they had to ask if I had allergies because a drink had almond in it

I don't even know how to pronounce orgeat but I felt pretty emasculated I tell you hwat

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    though seriously:

Are you sharing or....?

• Options
    Gooey wrote: »
    rad and dope are amazing words and the best modifiers for things that are sick

Gnarly bro, gnarly.

• Options
    Cheating sucks

If you are cheated on it makes it hard to trust people next time

If you cheat it stays with you and really undermines your impression of yourself

:l

• Options
    free love y'all

• Options
    The other day I referred to something as "dope" and felt old

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    free love y'all

where?

twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    The only time I ever cheated on anyone I wound up marrying the girl I was cheating with. I don't really know how to feel about that.

• Options
    TehSloth wrote: »
    Eddy wrote: »
    free love y'all

where?

it was more of a verb-noun thing

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular

Then we shall have to agree to disagree.

Like I said I'm not advocating it as a positive course of action, or even morally neutral all things speaking. Obviously it's situational, breaking up happy homes on purpose is pretty scummy, there's a million and one factors to take into account.

But, the other man/woman didn't stand on the altar and take a vow. Call it a social institution if you like, it's as useful a term as any but bandying about terms like "moral duty" to preserve other peoples marriages is pretty subjective. You'll find a lot of people who don't feel like they took on or accepted that responsibility.

It's not like it's a law you have to obey. It's a moral judgement, which of course is subjective.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    Cheating sucks

If you cheat it stays with you and really undermines your impression of yourself

unless youre a bro with no remorse

i know a few

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    The only time I ever cheated on anyone I wound up marrying the girl I was cheating with. I don't really know how to feel about that.

Same here. The beginning of my relationship with my wife was a cheating situation. So yeah, In the end we ended up in a long lasting marriage. But holy shit did it make the beginning our relationship hell. Just hell. It would have saved me years of grief if I'd just played by the rules.

• Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »

There are ways to find out.
    Note-Left-Under-Toilet-Seat-1375211091.jpg

This makes me sad.

Being reminded of being cheated on makes me sad.

I get like PTSD when i see things like this.

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    desc wrote: »
    Cheating sucks

unless youre a bro with no remorse

i know a few

I suppose so

Augh

*thousand yard stare*

• Options
    Remorseless bros sounds like something that needs to be made into a mock western teen comedy

twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    Also I know this is a touchy thing around here.

But if I know a friend is being cheated on?

I'm going to tell them.

Fuck that it's not my place shit. I'd want to know. So I'm doing the same for them.

This discussion has been closed.