Options

They call themselves the [Superhero Movie Thread]

• Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    I would compliment ASM's Spider-Man banter & teasing of criminals, which was pretty good, if I felt Peter wasn't drifting into & out of accents during the whole thing.

Maybe it was intentional? To distance his regular voice from his superhero one?

I don't know, but it was distracting for myself.

His American Guy accent in Doctor Who was pretty hilariously awful

mkc.png
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »
    AoS is rad and ya'll got some bad opinions

imo

History will vindicate me.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Okay All Hail The King was excellent.
    Sam Rockwell!!!!!!

Also I hope this isn't the last we see of Trevor.

Naphtali on
    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    http://dyemooch.tumblr.com/post/78912725182/full-preview-for-dark-cybertron-10-mtmte-27
    color process for that two page spread i linked earlier
    8->

I really need to catch up on this series quickly.

• Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    DCs animated films aren't very good though!

Crisis on Two Earths, Wonder Woman and Under the Red Hood are the only great ones. Everything else ranges from okay to actively on fire.

Green Lantern First Flight and Superman vs. The Elite

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    quoted for @Fire Truck‌ as it was botp'd and I think it's something they'd enjoy
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    Fire Truck wrote: »
    Matt Fraction was just on one of my least favorite NPR shows (LiveWire, for what it's worth) and made it funny and poignant.

I really need to read Hawkeye, don't I?

well, yes

but you should really check out Sex Criminals if you want funny and poignant. It's a sex comedy/romance/sci-fi/crime story about two people who have the ability to stop time whenever they orgasm, find each other, fall in love, and decide to use their power to rob a bank. It's also really, really good. Sweet, sensitive, honest, and hilarious. Then there's the letters at the back, which are as funny and honest as the rest of the book, making it clear how deeply the comics are resonating with readers.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Liefeld apologized for that piece
    He still made a bunch of money off of it.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    That's hardly his fault.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    That's hardly his fault.

• Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    Bedigunz wrote: »
    DCs animated films aren't very good though!

Crisis on Two Earths, Wonder Woman and Under the Red Hood are the only great ones. Everything else ranges from okay to actively on fire.

Green Lantern First Flight and Superman vs. The Elite

I liked Justice League: Doom, or whatever the one with Vandal Savage is called

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Rewatching some of the best of JLU and god the President Luthor/Cadmus/Question plotline is still so goddamn good

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    I wonder if DC Comics was ever embarrassed by or jealous of the fact that the DCAU was able to consistently produce work that was so much better than most of the comics that they were writing.

KingofMadCows on
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Rewatching some of the best of JLU and god the President Luthor/Cadmus/Question plotline is still so goddamn good

I love the DCAU's Waller

She takes no shit

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    As long as it's a cool 4 minutes, I'm fine with that.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I'd rather have a quick rad Rhino sequence over having to split the movie's focus across Electro/Green Goblin and Rhino

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    As long as it's a cool 4 minutes, I'm fine with that.

4 minutes in heaven is better than......3 minutes in heaven

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Moira told Ollie not to come by the house anymore, which raises the question, where does he actually live now?

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    To be fair it's not like the trailers were pushing Rhino that much, it's more that we saw a bunch of great behind the scenes photos.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Guys, I'm finally read the second part of Dimension Z

and fuck

fuck you guys
    Sharon just killed Ian. Like fuck man.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »

I love the DCAU's Waller

She takes no shit

Of course, neither does classic Suicide Squad Waller.

She stared down Darkseid.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Welp finished it up
    Boo no Sharon is dead now, but Ian is alive and will hopefully show up one day! But man Steve got his shit wrecked physically and mentally

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    I liked Dimension Z as a setup for future stories

I don't know that I liked it very much on its own merits

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    I'm really enjoying the current Iron Nail arc.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    yeah, love love love the JLU Waller

it's one of the better 'realist' takes on a DC property, really. Like, they manage to have her address the political implications of the justice league without being totally myopic about it (are you listening MoS)

it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    Burden of ProofBurden of Proof You three boys picked a beautiful hill to die on. Registered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »
    I still think having Pa Kent be a super frightened, paranoid man devoted to protecting his son from the outside world no matter the costs is a great fucking angle that's totally wasted in that movie

Having Superman make the choice to be better than his upbringing, rather than be the best because of it, would be super inspiring!

That is a hill I will die on

it's a beautiful one

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Apologizing for one art doesn't really do much when so much of Liefield's art is so bad. Fucking Cable, damn.

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Is Decimation any good? I just finished House of M and Whedon's ASM run. I generally like x-stuff.

• Options
    Burden of ProofBurden of Proof You three boys picked a beautiful hill to die on. Registered User regular
    makes you wish Ellen Page had more to do than "steal Rogue's boyfriend" in the third movie.

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    decimation was really bad

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    makes you wish Ellen Page had more to do than "steal Rogue's boyfriend" in the third movie.

...and deal with Juggernaut

• Options
    yeah you're right, that was cinematic gold

• Options
    I don't think X3 is a good movie by any stretch of the imagination, just sayin'

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    The fact that Vinnie Jones was Juggsy at all was pretty hilarious

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    quoted for @Fire Truck‌ as it was botp'd and I think it's something they'd enjoy
    Fire Truck wrote: »
    Matt Fraction was just on one of my least favorite NPR shows (LiveWire, for what it's worth) and made it funny and poignant.

I really need to read Hawkeye, don't I?

well, yes

but you should really check out Sex Criminals if you want funny and poignant. It's a sex comedy/romance/sci-fi/crime story about two people who have the ability to stop time whenever they orgasm, find each other, fall in love, and decide to use their power to rob a bank. It's also really, really good. Sweet, sensitive, honest, and hilarious. Then there's the letters at the back, which are as funny and honest as the rest of the book, making it clear how deeply the comics are resonating with readers.

Rarely does a concept itself put me totally off a thing despite all the good word and things it has going for it but man I couldn't be less interested in that premise

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Agent of Asgard is so damn cool

• Options
    sex criminals is great
    and for a bit the first issue was free

• Options
    bonus- IT IS BANNED ON ITUNES

TOO HOT FOR APPLE

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    sex criminals is great
    and for a bit the first issue was free

it's actually still free on Comixology!

https://www.comixology.com/Sex-Criminals-1/digital-comic/46453

EVERYBODY READ THIS

• Options
    edited March 2014
    that link is nsfw, obviously
    what Fearghaill didn't mention, because it's a spoiler,
    is that they're robbing a bank to save a book store from going out of business

Antimatter on
This discussion has been closed.