[South Park: The Stick of Truth] Sequel announced by Ubisoft SanFran

• Options
    molefacemoleface Registered User regular
    if kenny can role play as a girl the player can too

battle.net: lankyplonker#1923
    psn: lankyplonker
  • Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    Jesus people. There's an entire episode where the boys have to infiltrate a girl's slumber party to capture "the device." One of the running themes on the show is just how different the boys and girls are...it's a play on how a lot of kids are at that age.

I feel like I'm reading the freaking True Detective thread over in D&D all over again.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    gender is not even important to your character in Stick of Truth.
    Then you should have no problem with a female PC in Stick of Truth.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Well they do have pretty princess dress up. That is about all that makes sense in South Park though.

• Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »

I wouldn't have had any problem with it whatsoever if the creators had decided to let you pick between a boy or girl protag. I DO think it would've made the game make less sense unless they wrote 2 versions of events like the girl's secret hideout, etc. and thus wouldn't have added anything to the game except more work.

I can only imagine the tumblr outrage if the Little Rascals and their he-man woman haters club were something created in 2014. =P

• Options
    mr_michmr_mich Mmmmagic. MDRegistered User regular
    Just finished the game. Money well spent...I think I'll go back and nab some achievements and eventually do another playthrough with a different class.

My main complaints with the game were the lack of Mr. Garrison and some awful UI/inventory stuff. That, and playing through the entire thing with kb/m meant that a lot of sections were like slamming a book on my dick.

• Options
    C2BC2B SwitzerlandRegistered User regular
  • Options
    ThegreatcowThegreatcow Lord of All Bacons Washington State - It's Wet up here innit? Registered User regular
    Ugh finally beat
    the al gore fight

Still haven't beaten the game but man the fights leading up to it do not prepare you for the sheer necessity of Crowd control and debuffs. Granted they were fun to use in previous fights, but once I started rolling in the dosh and outfitting my weapon with 2 handers as a fighter and loading up fire or gross enchants I never really thought about it.

What ended up working for me

If you have the throwing weapon Broken Hobo Bottle(?) - Attach a flaming strap on. That will apply 3 debuffs (flame, bleed, and gross out) on 4 random targets. Between that and getting ro-shambo upgraded to gross out the entire group and Butters helping out with professor chaos (I just kept dumping Power Potions into him to keep throwing it out there) I finally managed to get through it. Heckuva fight let me tell ya!

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    What I did in that fight was basically to have Jimmy use his sleep ability every turn.
    It wouldn't work on the boss and his goons immediately woke up, but it was enough to make them use up their turn so they basically didn't do anything for the whole fight.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    ThegreatcowThegreatcow Lord of All Bacons Washington State - It's Wet up here innit? Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »
    What I did in that fight was basically to have Jimmy use his sleep ability every turn.
    It wouldn't work on the boss and his goons immediately woke up, but it was enough to make them use up their turn so they basically didn't do anything for the whole fight.

Agreed, CC"ing the gunmen are critical. I didn't have Jimmy yet (was around level 8 I think) but man, if you don't get them stunned, once those secret service guys started rapid firing it was all over.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

Agreed, CC"ing the gunmen are critical. I didn't have Jimmy yet (was around level 8 I think) but man, if you don't get them stunned, once those secret service guys started rapid firing it was all over.

It pays off to invest in that perk that makes tacos revive an unconscious ally fully.

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    Shigeru Miyamoto is a sexist biggoted dick. Mario should be able to be a girl! But no. According to the penis misers at Nintendo, girls can't be plumbers.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular

my strategy
    I was a thief so your mileage may vary if you cannot hit the back row.
    the trick I did was front load a TON of damage and bleeds on Gore. You have about two turns before the agents show up. Drink gallons of coffee and make Gore bleed.
    the bleeds should counter any sort of regen Gore uses.

I was able to kill him by around turn 4? i used a lot of coffee :p
    stunning the agent that uses the assault rifle is paramount as well.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular

I don't have a problem with it. You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that it could have been thrown in as an option without making the story change to fit that change and require a lot more work/money to support both genders.

People make decisions like this sometimes based on gameplay, not on politics.

The last place i would imagine someone wanting political correctness is in a south park thread about a south park game.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Ugh finally beat
    the al gore fight

Still haven't beaten the game but man the fights leading up to it do not prepare you for the sheer necessity of Crowd control and debuffs. Granted they were fun to use in previous fights, but once I started rolling in the dosh and outfitting my weapon with 2 handers as a fighter and loading up fire or gross enchants I never really thought about it.

If you have the throwing weapon Broken Hobo Bottle(?) - Attach a flaming strap on. That will apply 3 debuffs (flame, bleed, and gross out) on 4 random targets. Between that and getting ro-shambo upgraded to gross out the entire group and Butters helping out with professor chaos (I just kept dumping Power Potions into him to keep throwing it out there) I finally managed to get through it. Heckuva fight let me tell ya!

Congratulations, you just beat the hardest fight in the game :P It's weird that that fight is so much randomly harder than anything else.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    I don't have a problem with it. You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that it could have been thrown in as an option without making the story change to fit that change and require a lot more work/money to support both genders.

The last place i would imagine someone wanting political correctness is in a south park thread about a south park game.
    It's not about political correctness. It's about pointing out that people are objecting to making a Tabula Rasa character female for no other reason than they object to the character being female.

The New Kid has exactly two character traits:
    * Something bad happened to the New Kid, and the New Kid's parents moved to South Park because of it.
    * The New Kid doesn't talk.

You can already dress the New Kid like a girl. There are a bunch of "girl" armors in the game (like the Valkyrie stuff).

What is it about this that is OK, but this causes a huge uproar?
    (Warning: links are to late-game images that some could consider spoiler-y)
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Ugh finally beat
    the al gore fight

Congratulations, you just beat the hardest fight in the game :P It's weird that that fight is so much randomly harder than anything else.
    It's his bodyguards. The "Called Shot" / "Headshot" thing they do is basically unblockable and hits like a truck. Also he self-heals for a ton.

• Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    Nobody is objecting to the new kid being a female. They're just pointing out that if you want it to be a female you can just play dress up in the game and for all intents and purposes he becomes a girl. People are also just pointing out that if you actually gave the option at character creation, then huge parts of the South Park basis would have to be changed, as the boys and girls are 9 year olds who have no interest in playing together, and the part of the game where you help the secret girl's club would have to be rewritten.

• Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    C2B wrote: »

Someone else already mentioned it, but I'd love to see them do a super heroes sequel. Fits perfectly in with the show's material, and would really work in the Stick of Truth format while also being different enough to be really fresh. I would spend money on that so fast.

• Options
    Coon & Friends in Imaginationland. Bam. Done. GOTY

• Options
    I was hoping for some DLC content. seems like theres more that could be done faster then a full sequel to tide us over :)

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    azith28 wrote: »

It's not about political correctness. It's about pointing out that people are objecting to making a Tabula Rasa character female for no other reason than they object to the character being female.

The New Kid has exactly two character traits:
    * Something bad happened to the New Kid, and the New Kid's parents moved to South Park because of it.
    * The New Kid doesn't talk.

You can already dress the New Kid like a girl. There are a bunch of "girl" armors in the game (like the Valkyrie stuff).

What is it about this that is OK, but this causes a huge uproar?
    (Warning: links are to late-game images that some could consider spoiler-y)
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Ugh finally beat
    the al gore fight

It's his bodyguards. The "Called Shot" / "Headshot" thing they do is basically unblockable and hits like a truck. Also he self-heals for a ton.

Exactly. There's literally no reason the character couldn't be female. None.

And that's not being polictical or gender inclusive or anything. The player character as is would work absolutely fine as a girl.

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    No, it wouldn't, because it would be completely incongruous to the entire South Park setting to have a girl hanging out with all of the main characters.

• Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    Yeah, Day 3 wouldn't make sense at all if the New Kid was a guy.

Playing a game as a girl who got in with Wendy and Bebe could be cool, though.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    And that's not being polictical or gender inclusive or anything. The player character as is would work absolutely fine as a girl.

But there's no reason for the character to be female, either. Why do it if it won't make a difference in any way?

Is it a problem that you can't pick the main character's gender in Final Fantasy? Okay, those characters have speaking roles, how about Zelda? The New Kid has about as much influence on events as Link does (Shows up, does stuff, never says anything).
    The create-a-character features in this are so minor they barely exist (hair, glasses can be changed all over the place, I don't know about skin colour, but I haven't found anything beyond Cartmans' class choice commentary that acknowledged it), it's not like Fallout or Elder Scrolls where you carefully create your hero.

And aside from the what is your name gag, you're not even naming him, either. He is The New Kid.
    If they hadn't had the creation options at all, would people still be complaining?

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Jesus fuck, did people completely fucking forget that in the 4th grade girls had cooties or how the entire boys vs girls dynamic works in South Park? I swear, sometimes some of you really need to realize that not everything needs to be an inclusiveness crusade. Skullfucking blowjob mildly rapey crap in LoS2? Yeah, that's kinda fucked up. The inability to be a girl in this? Entirely accurate to the show. If you don't like that fact then maybe you should have watched some South Park before buying this game.

In other news this game is pretty fun and I have a weird compulsion to collect my own poop.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    I have a weird compulsion to collect my own poop.

Story of my life, right there.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Plat get.

Jew is so OP.

My first playthrough was a fighter, and I thought Roshambo was strong, but it is nothing when compared to Dreidel and Circum-scythe of the Jew, which is what I played on my second playthrough.

For anyone just getting into this game, my advice is to pick the jew and just level those two moves. They will make every combat encounter in the game trivial.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Edit: so many other people said it better already.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    The New Kid is a boy because he is friends, neighbors, and playmate with "the guys." He's a peer of Stan, Kyle, Cartman, and Kenny.

It's that simple.

• Options
    I dunno, I picked Mage, and ended up with the ability to just spam abilities over and over because my abilities regenned my PP thanks to badges. I'd just use whichever ability was best at the time, so I'd open by drinking coffee and throwing out a lightning volt thing and a funnel of frost to debuff the enemies and buff my ability to take hits, then I'd throw out Dragon Breath or Pyreball and regen all my PP. And kill everyone.

Bonus points for bringing Kyle along. Combat rarely lasted beyond turn 1 after Rain of Arrows.

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    Yeah I was really enjoying mage and the creative ways of using elemental magic skills. Very fun and cool And yeah, regen pp on a mage and the enemy rarely gets a turn.

I just started nerfing myself with gear/weapons to make the battles more interesting. Plus I liked the look of certain low level costumes.

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    The creative use of elemental magic skills was best illustrated thusly:

Set everyone on fire.

Fart on everyone so they blow up. (But be careful not to fart on their balls.)

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Shigeru Miyamoto is a sexist biggoted dick. Mario should be able to be a girl! But no. According to the penis misers at Nintendo, girls can't be plumbers.

I have heard the Miyamoto was at odds with Rare. Rare had a tendency to eat Nintendo's lunch. I am not quite certain on the sexism. That is a slippery slope. The Princess Peach game played off emotions, is that really sexist? The problem is that when you make a woman really feminine, it comes off sexist.

I do like to think Princess Peach is an idiot and the rest of the mushroom kingdom covers for her. I think it would be a funny angle on the character.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    I don't think Peach is an idiot. The Mushroom Kingdom seems to be in remarkably good (financial) shape despite its ruler spending 80% of her time being repeatedly kidnapped by the same guy and hosting loads of expensive sporting events the rest of the time, so she must be doing something right.

• Options
    Yeah, but is that just due to a large financial team of toads and not any of her involvment?

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    I don't think Peach is an idiot. The Mushroom Kingdom seems to be in remarkably good (financial) shape despite its ruler spending 80% of her time being repeatedly kidnapped by the same guy and hosting loads of expensive sporting events the rest of the time, so she must be doing something right.

Kidnapping insurance scam? Bowser's in on it, and gets half the proceeds (which is how he manages to rebuild his army every game).

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    I think we might be on to something here, people.

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Despite government instability caused by the head of state being abducted on a regular basis, the cost of living, 100 coins a life, is pretty low in the Mushroom Kingdom.

GONG-00 on
    Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    (Jumps off derailed thread, laughing manically.)

• Options
    klemming wrote: »
    Magic Pink wrote: »

Is it a problem that you can't pick the main character's gender in Final Fantasy?

Of course its not a problem. The main characters already a woman. Its called double standards man.