Options

Sazer[chat]

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    There was an easter egg hunt at my apartment complex today. The weather was lousy so it was moved last minute from outside to our indoor lounge. I hope they had a chance to hide the eggs properly.

This is grad student housing, but there are plenty with families, and the easter egg hunt was meant for the kids. But I was kind of tempted to join anyway. I have longer arms than a 4 year old, I'd be a natural at snatching up those eggs.

• Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    redx wrote: »
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    msmya wrote: »
    Is trivia a thing. I have never gone , but I'm also pretty bad at trivia.

yup! apparently (i am speaking from the almighty experience of @irond will) tons of nerds used to do it, and would never drink or eat or spend any money, so everyone hated running a trivia night. but now its popular with all of us awesome not-nerds so its great and popular and cool

Trivia Night: Serious Drinking > Serious Business

it is important to engage in both

I grew up having my ass handed to in trivial pursuit; it's basically impossible for me to give a damn about winning.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    Overcast, rainy. Seattle sounds like somewhere an Englishman could be very happy.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Gim wrote: »
    Move to sunny southern California. The earthquake cults are in full bloom.

also an option

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Feral wrote: »

also an option

my body image could not handle living in So-Cal.

• Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular

yup! apparently (i am speaking from the almighty experience of @irond will) tons of nerds used to do it, and would never drink or eat or spend any money, so everyone hated running a trivia night. but now its popular with all of us awesome not-nerds so its great and popular and cool

I grew up having my ass handed to in trivial pursuit; it's basically impossible for me to give a damn about winning.

Every child of the '80s-'90s grew up having their asses handed to them in Trivial Pursuit.

Fucking questions about I Love Lucy, and there's no Physical Challenge? Shenanigans!

"Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular

Every child of the '80s-'90s grew up having their asses handed to them in Trivial Pursuit.

Fucking questions about I Love Lucy, and there's no Physical Challenge? Shenanigans!

Who won Ms New Zealand in 1983 was galling

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    I won by removing all the pop culture questions

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    I won by removing all the pop culture questions

nooooo those are where i shine

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    does anyone want to play cards against humanity

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    msmyamsmya Being Fabulous Registered User regular
    Being on vacation had made me a nocturnal creature

• Options
    or, if not, listen to me DJ at www.mixlr.com/y2jake215

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    missuniverse.jpg

more underwhelming than galling.

• Options
    Kalkino wrote: »

Who won Ms New Zealand in 1983 was galling

That, and I wasn't encyclopedic in my knowledge of Donald Trump's mistresses when I was in Elementary School.

Didn't figure I would be hitting any of that any time soon, so it wasn't really on my radar screen. Kind of complicated Trivial Pursuit though.

"Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    How common is the mistake of your and you're ?

Is it possible to have phones autocorrect these two words?

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular

also an option

my body image could not handle living in So-Cal.

I have friends in LA who are nerdy chubby beer-drinking nerds so I don't worry too much about that, though I see it and understand it.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    pretty sure chrome will auto correct you're mistakes.

d0rqmgjg4lrn.png

so it should be pretty possible.

edit:well, recognize them anyway.

redx on
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    late night townie tunes
    http://mixlr.com/y2jake215/
    get on in

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    I just up loaded all my twitch tv video to YouTube so it's easier for viewing pleasure sake

• Options
    lol dlinfiniti i can always count on you

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Because I shouldn't judge someone just based on poor grammar or spelling , especially if it's for just that one thing.... Right?

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Because I shouldn't judge someone just based on poor grammar or spelling , especially if it's for just that one thing.... Right?

Context. For instance, has the individual in question been drinking, and if so, how much?

Also, if you're both having trouble entering your numbers in one another's phones, it just may be a match made in heaven.

Zoku Gojira on
  • Options
    I've been drinking quite a bit tonight and the worst mistake I make is saying I have nerdy friends who are nerds.

• Options
    edited April 2014

It is a stupid and common mistake which many people make when they aren't paying much attention to what they are typing.

So, like, you should only judge them harshly if they do it frequently, or if it is a situation not part of a normal conversation and they are attempting to impress you(1st message on a dating site, or some shit)--then it is ok to be confused-homophoneaphobic.

redx on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    jake, you're nuts. Good night, all.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular

opposite.

that is exactly what you should judge someone on.

Also, unless it's "you're" where 'your' should be then it isn't autocorrect.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
  • Options
    I was impressed by everything else he said , which is why I agreed on a date. But that grammar thing just keeps bothering me.

One of my friends used to do it too, but English isn't her first language and she's really smart and amazing enough for me to not really care about that.

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    In other news I cannot imagine that the tumblrsphere is taking kindly to this guy's thoughts on the Battle of the Sexes.

http://elitedaily.com/dating/gentlemen/why-good-guys-need-to-expect-more-from-modern-women/

• Options
    I've been drinking quite a bit tonight and the worst mistake I make is saying I have nerdy friends who are nerds.

yeah, but did you have to go back and check, or are just sure of yourself.

I did just sort of try to click on empty screen so the context menu in the image I posted would go away, but it's ok cause no one on the forum saw it.

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Alright, usually I'm not much of an early adapter. I'm not big into gadgets, I'm not big into spending lots of money, and usually if you wait a couple of years tech will start to improve dramatically. So it goes with consoles. I was planning on waiting a few years before picking up a PS4 or One.

But, fuck it. Time to buy. One has its killer app.

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Alright, usually I'm not much of an early adapter. I'm not big into gadgets, I'm not big into spending lots of money, and usually if you wait a couple of years tech will start to improve dramatically. So it goes with consoles. I was planning on waiting a few years before picking up a PS4 or One.

Diabetes wins the console wars.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    I was impressed by everything else he said , which is why I agreed on a date. But that grammar thing just keeps bothering me.

One of my friends used to do it too, but English isn't her first language and she's really smart and amazing enough for me to not really care about that.

@msmya try to stay open-minded? different people are intelligent in different ways. Maybe he just has problems with written language.

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular

The worst mistake I make is having nerdy friends who are nerds.

• Options

Needs a competitive Edward 40hands mod.

• Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    8p84zro.jpg

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular

It seems they should omit the last three data points for the PS4 as it skews things.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular

They suddenly stopped selling WiiUs and Xbones at the end of 2013!

• Options
    8p84zro.jpg

:(

but it's got to be a shop, otherwise it would basically be impossible for the water to be moving about.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    In other news I cannot imagine that the tumblrsphere is taking kindly to this guy's thoughts on the Battle of the Sexes.

http://elitedaily.com/dating/gentlemen/why-good-guys-need-to-expect-more-from-modern-women/

I cannot imagine women in general taking kindly to it. Or lots of guys.

Also funny: in an article about how women need to up their game and work harder to impress the byline photo is a skinny, pasty guy with a bad haircut wearing a baggy t-shirt.

This discussion has been closed.