Options

[Steam] thread gifting, like drunk Twister, doesn't really have a firm set of rules.

• Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    DaringDirk wrote: »
    First of all, what the fuck people? Just read the last 100 or so posts, since when were giftwars waged so openly and without provocation? And without a sale? I mean, yeah, occasionally Handgimp or Bizy get drunk or sleep-deprived, but this shit right here? Prolly due to global warming.

Second, Steam has ruined me for games. RUINED. I finally got my Vita, need to move my violent gaming to something portable since evenings are Mrs. Dirk time and I can't play much outside LEGO and Rayman while the kiddo's awake. Vita works perfect for on the couch/toilet gaming, as well as commuting and while at work. But, in the week I've had it, I realized something. PSN does NOT have a daily game on sale. There's no annual sales to look forward to. Am I to buy games at full price? Sit around like a chump for months waiting for a sale that may not come? It's as if I were once gifted the power of the gods, and my godpower membership has been revoked. I am become mortal, hear me weep...

PSN has sales, if you subscribe to their blog or have PS+ they email you, well they email me at least.

• Options
    KrummithKrummith DJ Logic Death can't take me until I finish my backlogRegistered User regular
    I've been hit! Hit by class that is!

HLVNoZ2.png

@an_alt has been biding their time, just waiting for the right time to strike!

Today was that day.

Thanks so much for the gift! I'm really looking forward to getting into it!

• Options
    DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    First of all, what the fuck people? Just read the last 100 or so posts, since when were giftwars waged so openly and without provocation? And without a sale? I mean, yeah, occasionally Handgimp or Bizy get drunk or sleep-deprived, but this shit right here? Prolly due to global warming.

Second, Steam has ruined me for games. RUINED. I finally got my Vita, need to move my violent gaming to something portable since evenings are Mrs. Dirk time and I can't play much outside LEGO and Rayman while the kiddo's awake. Vita works perfect for on the couch/toilet gaming, as well as commuting and while at work. But, in the week I've had it, I realized something. PSN does NOT have a daily game on sale. There's no annual sales to look forward to. Am I to buy games at full price? Sit around like a chump for months waiting for a sale that may not come? It's as if I were once gifted the power of the gods, and my godpower membership has been revoked. I am become mortal, hear me weep...

PSN has sales, if you subscribe to their blog or have PS+ they email you, well they email me at least.

Yes, yes. I have PS+, etc. But, that's like saying, "Aww, you can't fly anymore, sure. But hey. Hey, little man. Guess what? Here, have this. Now you can JUMP!"

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular

Yes, yes. I have PS+, etc. But, that's like saying, "Aww, you can't fly anymore, sure. But hey. Hey, little man. Guess what? Here, have this. Now you can JUMP!"

I think you are just suffering from sale withdrawals and that's ok. Soon enough, just wait and see. In the meantime, this looks awesome and I'm backing the eff out of it.

1920s RPG - check
    Baldur’s Gate and Wizardry influenced - check
    side-scrolling co-op (if you want) action-RPG - sign me the eff up

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/05/23/witchmarsh-kickstarter-baldurs-gate-wizardry/

• Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    Apparently the devs of Q.U.B.E have decided to give the new Director's Cut version for free to the owners of the original version after the complaints in the Steam forums:
    KUugzlp.png
    You need to send an email with you Steam username to info@qube-game.com requesting the key.

• Options
    KrummithKrummith DJ Logic Death can't take me until I finish my backlogRegistered User regular
    A while ago someone linked a website that broke down your steam library and you could sort by things like controller support.

I was dumb and didn't bookmark it.

Anyone remember the site?

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    Apparently the devs of Q.U.B.E have decided to give the new Director's Cut version for free to the owners of the original version after the complaints in the Steam forums:
    KUugzlp.png
    You need to send an email with you Steam username to info@qube-game.com requesting the key.

And of course the next couple pages of that thread are people still bitching that it's somehow not good enough, or that they're still being deceptive. :rotate:

I was initially going to e-mail them and find out if they could do anything for me since I paid for the upgrade; but after reading all those shit eating posts, I'm not going to bother, and I now feel good about giving money to a sincere developer who was just trying to make a better game.

I fucking despise the term 'gamer entitlement'...but man, dickweeds are doing a good job of making it accurate.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Cool move on the QUBE dev's part. Almost feel bad about requesting my key.

Almost.

• Options
    I don't understand the entitlement, this isn't like a AAA title or anything and half the people who own it probably picked it up from a bundle where they didn't pay the full price anyway...

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    ...In the meantime, this looks awesome and I'm backing the eff out of it.

1920s RPG - check
    Baldur’s Gate and Wizardry influenced - check
    side-scrolling co-op (if you want) action-RPG - sign me the eff up

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/05/23/witchmarsh-kickstarter-baldurs-gate-wizardry/

Whoa.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    xiearsxiears It isn't sexual Strictly confectionalRegistered User regular
    You shoot another round in the mutant, finally finishing it off. You've spent the past 15 minutes running through the plankton farms, when you notice a crate in the distance. You look at the last 5 shotgun shells and clip of pistol rounds and decide you need the ammo. As you get closer the detector you've fashioned out of spare generator parts flashes erratically. Sure enough, you notice some shadows moving in the pipe to your left. "Damn it" you mutter, but decide it's worth pressing on. As you get closer, at least 13 humanoid figures spill out of the pipe. You ready your shotgun, but these don't look like the zombies you've seen before. They don't charge towards you as normal. They immediately start moving towards the crate. You decided you're going to get there first, that whatever is in there must be worth it. You lower your gun and start running...

signature.png

(Bad Teleglitch fiction repost GO! Just a few hours left, get on it!)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    KUugzlp.png

Going to go buy a few copies of this cause the devs seem like gentlemen.

Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    Krummith wrote: »
    A while ago someone linked a website that broke down your steam library and you could sort by things like controller support.

I was dumb and didn't bookmark it.

Anyone remember the site?

You can use the Enhanced Steam extension and then just look at your library as one option.

Steam Gauge (http://www.mysteamgauge.com/) gives you a table which you can also download

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I feel a bit bad mainly because the original version is right now available through a bundle, which was a clever move to promote the new DC version.
    The bundle was released 1 day AFTER the DC hit Steam and it's clearly stated that it is NOT the DC version.
    Yet, if as a consequence pressure, they decided to honour their word EVEN for those newly acquired copies they would end up losing new sales while the bundle is active.

HiT BiT on
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Semi-related to the QUBE thing:

Metro 2033 Redux and Metro Last Light Redux are up for preorder on Steam. There's a bundle with both but it doesn't save you any extra money.

They're 50% off if you already own each respective game.

I'm tempted to go to the forums and see if people are flipping their shit in the same way.

EDIT: ...eeeeee-yup. :rotate:

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Semi-related to the QUBE thing:

Metro 2033 Redux and Metro Last Light Redux are up for preorder on Steam. There's a bundle with both but it doesn't save you any extra money.

They're 50% off if you already own each respective game.

I'm tempted to go to the forums and see if people are flipping their shit in the same way.

EDIT: ...eeeeee-yup. :rotate:

I'm happy I finally got around to beating 2033, because I get to appreciate how awesome all those little bits were.

Did the Nazi's always have that writing on the back of their uniforms?

• Options
    Steam forums, be sure there will be people complaining... even if they got their copies of Metro 2033 for free during the THQ facebook page giveaway.

• Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Redux I'm kind of wary about. I mean, the graphics upgrade makes it a deal on consoles because they got some pretty awful versions of the game. Is it going to look that much better on PC? They're already pretty frigging gorgeous. Add to that I'm sure a lot of people own the DLC already so that's not that attractive. So it seems like Last Light might not be that updated. 2033 may be a bit more worth it. I think they'd be better off doing a tiered discount like Square did with Deus Ex. if they have just the games, 50 percent. If they have the game and season pass, maybe 66 or 75.

But it really depends on what they add. If SE tried to charge 15 bucks for Tomb Raider Definitive Version, they'd be laughed at.

• Options
    LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    Steam forums, be sure there will be people complaining... even if they got their copies of Metro 2033 for free during the THQ facebook page giveaway.

Those people are assholes.

Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • Options
    Corpekata wrote: »
    Redux I'm kind of wary about. I mean, the graphics upgrade makes it a deal on consoles because they got some pretty awful versions of the game. Is it going to look that much better on PC? They're already pretty frigging gorgeous. Add to that I'm sure a lot of people own the DLC already so that's not that attractive. So it seems like Last Light might not be that updated. 2033 may be a bit more worth it. I think they'd be better off doing a tiered discount like Square did with Deus Ex. if they have just the games, 50 percent. If they have the game and season pass, maybe 66 or 75.

But it really depends on what they add. If SE tried to charge 15 bucks for Tomb Raider Definitive Version, they'd be laughed at.

Looking over the stuff, the 2033 Redux looks like a pretty legit upgrade, and probably worth the money.

Last Light, on the other hand, since it's still using the same 'updated' engine in Redux as the base version, it's mainly balancing changes/updates and a few minor tweaks elsewhere. On that one, I dunno if it's worth the price.

I think I'll preorder 2033 Redux but hold off on Last Light (still haven't played it anyway) until there's more firm information on what's changing to warrant its re-release price.

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Cloudbuilt is 54% off right now.

Who was hyping it a while back?

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular

I think it was @Drake, which means you have to buy it.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    I don't remember who was hyping it, but I seem to recall whoever it was saying that it got brutally hard really fast, which was what turned my interest off.

• Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRIaiMWIXfM

I would like to think we could have a charity PAX steam with this, but it would end with 1 person manning the ladder truck, and everyone else piling on the end and trying to stay on as a spin it around, round, right round.

• Options

I would like to think we could have a charity PAX steam with this, but it would end with 1 person manning the ladder truck, and everyone else piling on the end and trying to stay on as a spin it around, round, right round.

They should integrate this and Goat Simulator together.

Have some people going around as goats burning shit down and other people going around trying to limit their reign of terror. :P

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    Just a heads up for anyone considering picking up the weekend deal; the Dawn of War 1 games all seem to be currently broken for a lot of players. Something about a patch to remove Gamespy from their multiplayer that's gone horribly wrong.

Annnnd this issue just got fixed. Hurrah for speedy patching!

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    So what's the consensus on the new Wolfenstein? I've been wanting a good singleplayer game. Note: I don't give any shits at all about multiplayer so if it has a fun campaign I will get it. If the campaign sucks I will pass.

• Options
    I want this same sim game but Ghostbusters themed and with coop multiplayer.

• Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    Oh hey half life 3 was confirmed. By an employee who is pretty sure he saw concept art.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I've no doubt "they" are working on Half-Life 3.

And by "they" I mean Adam Foster.

• Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular

Just a tad more Moonbase Alpha-ish and it would be perfect.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    So what's the consensus on the new Wolfenstein? I've been wanting a good singleplayer game. Note: I don't give any shits at all about multiplayer so if it has a fun campaign I will get it. If the campaign sucks I will pass.

Haven't played it, but the thread is all praise. It doesn't even have multiplayer. Sounds like a solid throwback to older shooters that didn't exist in heavily scripted corridors—open areas, health pickups, secrets and all.

Also, I mean, you get a laser that you can use to cut holes through cover to make your own shooting perches, so c'mon.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular

This is what got me to make a Steam account in the first place, but the computer I was on back then laughed at my attempts to play it, so I waited. Then PA games had one up for free and I grabbed that too, but was busy playing MMOGs, and then people started telling me somewhere or another that I should investigate the "Fall Steam Sale" because Darksiders was on sale, and I had wanted to play that since seemingly forever . . .

And now I have 158 games on Steam, including all the MMOGs I ported over to it.

And it's been awesome.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Rami wrote: »
    Oh hey half life 3 was confirmed. By an employee who is pretty sure he saw concept art.

I mean, he's not wrong. I figured they were working on it under wraps.

...L4D3 however, I didn't think was a real thing yet. He might get sent to Gaben's wolves for that.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    My biggest disappointment with GTA:IV was that I couldn't set things on fire on the same level I could in GTA:SA.

get flamethrower
    Take airplane into intersection near grenade spawn
    drive cars into intersection
    toss grenade
    Run
    Watch flames spread
    Throw Flames
    Watch flames spread
    watch flames spread

I really enjoyed Postal 2 and Farcry 2 for their fire tech.

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    only 158? :p

Realize I only really started with Steam this last fall. Also, I have only the money I get from odd jobs or gifts to buy with.

Though you crazy people have certainly classed up around half of that library, I swear. ;)<3

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    Corpekata wrote: »

Looking over the stuff, the 2033 Redux looks like a pretty legit upgrade, and probably worth the money.

Last Light, on the other hand, since it's still using the same 'updated' engine in Redux as the base version, it's mainly balancing changes/updates and a few minor tweaks elsewhere. On that one, I dunno if it's worth the price.

I think I'll preorder 2033 Redux but hold off on Last Light (still haven't played it anyway) until there's more firm information on what's changing to warrant its re-release price.

I'm in the same boat, having played both. Last Light was a major improvement in gameplay over 2033, with more intuitive stealth, better level design, better shop/inventory mechanics, and fewer 'hold out against waves of monsters' sequences. All that said, I prefer the story and atmosphere of 2033, so giving it better gameplay would put it ahead in my opinion.

kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular

I was, Cloudbuilt is a great little platformer with a punishing difficulty curve and beautiful art style wrapped in a fantastic soundtrack that's just the right blend of atmosphere and action beats.

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    @cardboard delusions PS4 Watchdogs it is! The beginning of the end for Steam? Possibly. I've been playing less and less games on PC, performance isn't where I'd like it to be. I'll never give up Steamchat though! Wsh group chat was possible on the mobile version.

This discussion has been closed.