Options

[Steam] Thread: Your monstrous control scheme preference is welcome here.

• Options
    EvmaAlsarEvmaAlsar Birmingham, EnglandRegistered User regular
    f3rret wrote: »
    Holyyyy shittttttt. New episode of Walking Dead Season 2 is so good guys. Like, E4/E5 of S1 caliber. Makes the rest of the season worth it.

Walking Dead Season 2 Episiode 4 spoilers:
    That goddamn Russian kid, I'm GLAD I took your meds. Never trust a cripple or a cancer survivor. I assume that if you didn't take the meds, they still jump you at the end?

More spoilers
    Yes, they still jump you at the end if you refuse to steal any of the Russian kid's meds. I had a slightly different conversation option where he acknowledges this, but then asks where Jane has gotten to.

Then I shot Rebecca in the face so it all became a moot point

6YAcQE8.png
    Steam profile - Twitch - YouTube
    Switch: SM-6352-8553-6516
  • Options
    f3rretf3rret Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    EvmaAlsar wrote: »
    Holyyyy shittttttt. New episode of Walking Dead Season 2 is so good guys. Like, E4/E5 of S1 caliber. Makes the rest of the season worth it.

That goddamn Russian kid, I'm GLAD I took your meds. Never trust a cripple or a cancer survivor. I assume that if you didn't take the meds, they still jump you at the end?

More spoilers
    Yes, they still jump you at the end if you refuse to steal any of the Russian kid's meds. I had a slightly different conversation option where he acknowledges this, but then asks where Jane has gotten to.

Walking Dead Spoilers
    See, I didn't pull the trigger because everyone was pointing guns at everyone, and shooting a zombie could cause, well. You know.

So if you didn't steal the meds, does Jane try to intimidate him? And that's why he's out for revenge and robbery?

f3rret on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EvmaAlsarEvmaAlsar Birmingham, EnglandRegistered User regular

More spoilers

Walking Dead Spoilers
    See, I didn't pull the trigger because everyone was pointing guns at everyone, and shooting a zombie could cause, well. You know.

So if you didn't steal the meds, does Jane try to intimidate him? And that's why he's out for revenge and robbery?

Spoilers like whoa
    Jane still scares Arvo off if you don't take from his bag. They're out for robbery because they're a group of survivors STALKERS

6YAcQE8.png
    Steam profile - Twitch - YouTube
    Switch: SM-6352-8553-6516
  • Options

More spoilers

Walking Dead Spoilers

Spoilers like whoa
    Jane still scares Arvo off if you don't take from his bag. They're out for robbery because they're a group of survivors STALKERS

I figured as much, and I still stand by my decisions. Overall, great episode. It felt short though, I usually can't finish an episode in one night. Or maybe it's just that I kept playing because it was soooooo goooood.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    If you haven't gotten Gun Monkeys for free yet, it looks like there is still time to do so. My guess is that it'll be over in an hour and 15 minutes or so from the time of this post, and then they'll move on to whatever their final free game is.

• Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    Is Gun Monkeys something I should want? I know free is free but I haven't heard anything beyond it being free.

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    "Free" on the condition that you have Facebook. I suppose I could sell my eternal soul for something and have it be "free" too, amirite?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    It has cards...

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular

More spoilers

Walking Dead Spoilers

Spoilers like whoa

I figured as much, and I still stand by my decisions. Overall, great episode. It felt short though, I usually can't finish an episode in one night. Or maybe it's just that I kept playing because it was soooooo goooood.

Even though it was the same length as others, I actually thought it was long by the end scene. So much shit happening in one episode.

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    striderjg wrote:
    RAM stuff

No worries =) The parts I bought to upgrade this formerly-work system were done as cheaply as possible. I had 2x2gb sticks and the 1x8gb was just that much cheaper. I only expected to play classics and indies with this thing, so the fact that I can play something as recent as BI this well is sweet, sweet sugar on top.

• Options
    LowlanderLowlander Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Fawst wrote: »
    striderjg wrote:
    RAM stuff

No worries =) The parts I bought to upgrade this formerly-work system were done as cheaply as possible. I had 2x2gb sticks and the 1x8gb was just that much cheaper. I only expected to play classics and indies with this thing, so the fact that I can play something as recent as BI this well is sweet, sweet sugar on top.

Just think of it this way. If you keep that computer running for 10 years, BI will be a classic, so mission accomplished.

Lowlander on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    watching Vinny stream Velvet Sundown on Giant Bomb.

Turns out I was 100% wrong about it and it's actually the most incredible game ever made.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Raiden333 wrote: »

Turns out I was 100% wrong about it and it's actually the most incredible game ever made.

It does look kind of fascinating, just looking at its page on Steam.

Jazz on
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »

I think you might be misinterpreting how I'm using "incredible". It's incredible in the same way Sharknado is.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    Jazz wrote: »

I think you might be misinterpreting how I'm using "incredible". It's incredible in the same way Sharknado is.

Expectations adjusted accordingly. Wording unchanged. ;)

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    http://steamcommunity.com/games/265750/announcements/detail/164697537199584875

Free Gift Keys of Secret Poncho's to people who brought into the early access period of Secret Poncho's. Not sure what the deadline/when they're giving them out but they just announced it today. So at the very least I'll have a copy to chuck at people.

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Plague Inc. Evolved apparently feels that having "Simian Flu" from Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (which, if it had another word in the title, would probably also have another "of the" in there as well) is a selling point.

If it's a licensed deal with Fox and gave them more money to get out of Early Access faster, bully for them, but it seems a bit . . . odd. Like, I know the game has a zombie plague in it or something, but that seems a bit more general, while this just seems kind of pointed and cheap.

I think at this point the only thing they're missing is the "Annelid Infection" from System Shock 2 or "that one infection where people get cyborg'd up and turn into death machines" from many a schlocky B-film/STNG.

That's not to say I don't want the game once it crawls out of Early Access, because killing folks with odd diseases sounds like fun. But I'd rather wait until "the game progresses further in development".

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    DarlanDarlan Registered User regular

More spoilers

That conversation seems to have been broken for me,
    The only conversation option that acknowledged Clem's innocence was to say that Jane stole from him, but she didn't steal the meds either in my game.
    Seeing as the finale will likely revolve around this confrontation, Season 2 was kind of ruined here for me. It's a shame. A great episode up to that part, though.

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Nackmatholn needs a couple more choice terrible mods to make me play through in the skyrim horrible mod run. If you guys could pm him some stuff, it will save him from having to dig up really terrible things for me to deal with. Remember to PM him the choices, because I'm going in blind.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options

Free Gift Keys of Secret Poncho's to people who brought into the early access period of Secret Poncho's. Not sure what the deadline/when they're giving them out but they just announced it today. So at the very least I'll have a copy to chuck at people.

Looks neat!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular

Looks neat!

It is a super neat game. Shame the communities not consistent enough to get games outside of primetime.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Indie Gala links:

Pressured
    Loading...?

I hope these work right. Following @Pixelated Pixie 's instructions to the letter. I think.

Jazz on
  • Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    Ghostshit: Aftermath being terrible is a shame because the being stuck on a dark spaceship with things trying to kill you is the best genre

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Konung 2
    Loading...?

• Options
    Um. Pressured might not be working right. It says 6 copies here but there's only 1.

I'll get this right one day.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Re-edited Pressured post above. (Epic forum fumble?)

Jazz on
  • Options
    SvevinSvevin Registered User regular
    Drovek wrote: »
    Svevin wrote: »
    @Svevin gimme a crash course on Assetto Corsa.

Are a lot of people playing multiplayer at any given time?

Racing games are more niche than you might expect, but this being the latest and greatest racing game, there are quite a few playing at any given time. You will see a lot during 6-11pm in countries where racing is more popular, such as European countries and Australia.

If I don't already have you added on steam, add me and we can do some laps. The new Lotus 98T is a beast! :smiley:

Do you have a wheel?

I hadn't tried the 98T until today, and holy shit yeah!

You don't go into turns, you throw that thing into them and it sticks. Just had a fun drive around Silverstone (not without going off a few times :P ) and it's already my favorite car in AC.

Message me on steam if you see me playing and we can do some laps. :smile:

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    I know it is almost an heresy to put this here... still it's a free game.
    The Sim 2 Ultimate Collection for free by redeeming this code in the Origin client: I-LOVE-THE-SIMS

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Drovek wrote: »
    @Svevin gimme a crash course on Assetto Corsa.

Are a lot of people playing multiplayer at any given time?

Racing games are more niche than you might expect, but this being the latest and greatest racing game, there are quite a few playing at any given time. You will see a lot during 6-11pm in countries where racing is more popular, such as European countries and Australia.

If I don't already have you added on steam, add me and we can do some laps. The new Lotus 98T is a beast! :smiley:

Do you have a wheel?

I hadn't tried the 98T until today, and holy shit yeah!

You don't go into turns, you throw that thing into them and it sticks. Just had a fun drive around Silverstone (not without going off a few times :P ) and it's already my favorite car in AC.

Message me on steam if you see me playing and we can do some laps. :smile:

The Lotus 98T is a total hoot in F1 2013's Classics mode too.
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    The Sim 2 Ultimate Collection for free by redeeming this code in the Origin client: I-LOVE-THE-SIMS

Free shit is free shit, and I know a lot of people here do love The Sims. :)

Jazz on
  • Options
    an_altan_alt Registered User regular
    Anachronox key if anyone who wants it hasn't grabbed one yet:

Loading...?

Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • Options
    MarikirMarikir Registered User regular

...This is kinda spooky. My kids just asked me to install my copy of Sims 3 the other day and last night were trying to make their households and found it a bit tricky. I haven't messed with the Sims in forever.

And now I can get all of the Sims 2, for free?

Hell yeah, that works for me. Free isn't to be sneezed at.

steam_sig.png "Hiding in plain sight." PSN/XBL: Marikir
  • Options
    BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    I need some person(s) to play the following survival games with. I am a 10ish to 1pm PST player:

Planet explorers
    Project zomboid
    Space engineers

I am co dependent in my survivalist ways. I will also host servers. I have them all worked out

Broncbuster on
    steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    Plague Inc. Evolved apparently feels that having "Simian Flu" from Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (which, if it had another word in the title, would probably also have another "of the" in there as well) is a selling point.

If it's a licensed deal with Fox and gave them more money to get out of Early Access faster, bully for them, but it seems a bit . . . odd. Like, I know the game has a zombie plague in it or something, but that seems a bit more general, while this just seems kind of pointed and cheap.

I think at this point the only thing they're missing is the "Annelid Infection" from System Shock 2 or "that one infection where people get cyborg'd up and turn into death machines" from many a schlocky B-film/STNG.

That's not to say I don't want the game once it crawls out of Early Access, because killing folks with odd diseases sounds like fun. But I'd rather wait until "the game progresses further in development".
    From what I can tell, the funding they got FOR this promotion was enough to really let them get to the programming table. Aparently the simian flu has quite a few new gameplay features, so I don't think they're just pushing the game out, the game really DID progress further in development.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    ReverseCreationsReverseCreations Registered User regular
    Spec Ops has been grabbed up, I still have Bioshock 1/2, and the older Xcom games, just pm me if you want them.

1C54320038BDF735D2D088D168D6275F7F2FBE3C
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Not strictly Steam related, but too awesome to not share with you guys...

Son finds his father’s ghost waiting for him in vintage rally game (from Road & Track magazine)

A son found his deceased father's ghost car in RalliSport Challenge on the original Xbox. He could race him, connect with him in a way... a decade after he died.

I'm not sure I'll ever look at ghost cars in time trials the same way again. Especially on consoles with internal storage (of course, fixed in place in the original Xbox's case). Pretty amazing for something we kind of take for granted; it must've been a pretty profound experience for this guy.

Jazz on
  • Options
    And speaking of "the feels", many thanks to @ReverseCreations for Spec Ops: The Line! <3

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    I really do need to play that now that I own it. I'm starting to understand the whole concept of Serving the Newell in a much more intimate way, considering I am building a backl--collection of games that I keep distracting myself from playing by buying other games serving the Newell further.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Sumanai dropped some hard knowledge on me about Steam Gifts. I don't know if this Watch Dogs copy is for uPlay or not, but it probably is because ubisooooooooooooooft. So to for-go either of us getting banned or suspended or whatever, I'm going to be canceling my give away via steam gifts, and doing my own via PMs.

If you would like to be entered into the Watch Dogs give away, PM me a message with some nice words about dogs. I'll use a dice roller or geth tomorrow after 8PM est.

This ends in like 5 hours. Wertch dags. Fo' free. Send me messages about dags.

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular

Oh, nice. I got the Sims 3 for free, but I never did play it, and I never did play any of the other games in the series. So it's nice to actually own the Sims 2 now as well.

• Options
    BeryllineBerylline One Tiara to rule them all Registered User regular
    Darlan wrote: »

More spoilers

That conversation seems to have been broken for me,
    The only conversation option that acknowledged Clem's innocence was to say that Jane stole from him, but she didn't steal the meds either in my game.
    Seeing as the finale will likely revolve around this confrontation, Season 2 was kind of ruined here for me. It's a shame. A great episode up to that part, though.

Regarding that particular situation at the end of Walking Dead S2 Ep.4:
    I made the same choices. I opted not to steal the meds. However, Jane did steal Arvo's gun and then threatened him with it before chasing him off. I just assumed that's what was being referred to when Clem had the option to say that Jane stole, but she hadn't.

This discussion has been closed.