As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Shadowrun: Dragonfall Director's [chat]

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    @spool32 i had from-a-can chili tonight because i wasn't feeling well and didn't cook

jesus

you wanna talk sugar where it doesn't belong

it tasted like equal parts ground beef and brown sugar with a small pinch of cayenne

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »
    I feel like strong loses its usefulness if it starts to mean 'can stir food for 10 minutes'

I agree with eddy on the distinction from competent.

Depends how vigorous you are being.

Whipping a batch of cream or something by hand requires some goddamn muscles.

This is truth.

I saw a graet video from Jaime Oliver on how to change the angle of your arm while whipping something to move the strain from one muscle to the next so you could whip continuously without getting jello-arms.

give dis, I need it lol

making vinaigrette will wreck my shit

I wish I could find it. It was just in some random episode of one of his show's I think.

But basically, just hold your move the position of your elbow around and you should be able to move the effort onto a different muscle in your arm. It's sort of an elbow cocked up, elbow cocked down set of of positions as I remember. The idea is to switch between the two to let your muscles rest a bit without really having to stop. Still tiring, but less so.

The craziest thing though is this lady:
    http://www.foodnetwork.ca/shows/french-food-at-home/
    She's like completely anti-electric-stuff for the most part so she'll be like "And now to make a pastry thing, let me just whip 12 egg whites by hand" and I'm like "The fuck lady, how is this possible? Your arm does not look bionic!".

PS - Still, I think, the sexiest cooking show around

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    It doesn't make much more sense to me to be in a pristine sports car when there are giant animals, diverse terrain and all kinds of shit. The ground clearance on a fancy car like that and it's ability to handle off road would be shit for cross country driving.

If they were in a fucking jeep or on a hovercraft I might give it a pass.

nah dogg

final fantasy has always had stupidly pretty heroes

it's just that this time one of them is the car

Who do you ship with car-san

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    This one time I was an anime

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    Anywho who cares about themes, dat music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1W73LgNCJs

This song was just playing and is the shit:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEDWfD2VEQI

So many good songs in Cowboy Bebop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJjnbhSTuqQ

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    @spool32 i had from-a-can chili tonight because i wasn't feeling well and didn't cook

jesus

it tasted like equal parts ground beef and brown sugar with a small pinch of cayenne

It is really bad, especially after you've made your own.

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    I think that might have been when it all started.

When I decided all anime was bad forever.

god, I love when the glare of the braces hits him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMaiKjsAhIM

• Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    It doesn't make much more sense to me to be in a pristine sports car when there are giant animals, diverse terrain and all kinds of shit. The ground clearance on a fancy car like that and it's ability to handle off road would be shit for cross country driving.

nah dogg

car-san is getting it on with all the dudes riding within

but pretending they're all the dude with the facial scar and big sleeve tattoo

• Options
    damn shryke

beep boop i am eggwhite-bot

engage meringue mode

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Children are a hassle for sure, yet all my friends seem to manage it without going to the gym? 2 of them swim, 1 cycles and 1 runs (with me), out of a group which has 10 couples with 14 kids total. Some of these kids also get babysit by grandmothers that for sure don't work out. (Except the one that does yoga)
    I am very skeptical that you need to train beyond your daily strength usage, and I would posit that usually if you need the muscle power on an average day, you'll build that amount of muscle power.

That doesn't mean that being active is bad, or that weighlifting isn't a good way to lose weight, quite the opposite.

But the statement that you need to be buff to function in every day life just seems false, and I bet that over 80% of the most muscled people I see on the street have giant guns because it is a lifestyle choice. Impress the ladies, or part of their cultural background. I would also guess that such a tendency is mostly a lower class one. In all my student days very few people hit the gym. I knew a few people who shot for olympic rowing and one who attempted to get into pro-cycling, and tons of people played soccer, basketball, volleyball, a few of the ladies went for spinning or yoga.

Apart from actual movers most manual labor you see develop either wiry or muscle/fat combo frames.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    CNN has failed again.

An article on the sexiest accents in the world, and no audio clip of them.

Also Italian is ranked as number 1. Just no.

• Options
    edited September 2014
    SanderJK wrote: »
    Children are a hassle for sure, yet all my friends seem to manage it without going to the gym? 2 of them swim, 1 cycles and 1 runs (with me), out of a group which has 10 couples with 14 kids total. Some of these kids also get babysit by grandmothers that for sure don't work out. (Except the one that does yoga)
    I am very skeptical that you need to train beyond your daily strength usage, and I would posit that usually if you need the muscle power on an average day, you'll build that amount of muscle power.

That doesn't mean that being active is bad, or that weighlifting isn't a good way to lose weight, quite the opposite.

But the statement that you need to be buff to function in every day life just seems false, and I bet that over 80% of the most muscled people I see on the street have giant guns because it is a lifestyle choice. Impress the ladies, or part of their cultural background. I would also guess that such a tendency is mostly a lower class one. In all my student days very few people hit the gym. I knew a few people who shot for olympic rowing and one who attempted to get into pro-cycling, and tons of people played soccer, basketball, volleyball, a few of the ladies went for spinning or yoga.

Apart from actual movers most manual labor you see develop either wiry or muscle/fat combo frames.

well, the statement was that being strong or being weak wouldn't impact daily life, for most people.

I think being weak definitely would.

edit: but I agree with your assessment regarding training for strength.

spool32 on
  • Options
    CNN is farts.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Destiny was really awesome tonight. I saw Venus for the first time, and it was goddamn amazing.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    Also Sander you live in a not-USA country right?

We have fucked things up royally over here with regard to health and fitness.

• Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular

nah dogg

car-san is getting it on with all the dudes riding within

but pretending they're all the dude with the facial scar and big sleeve tattoo

Cross-over!

Car-san and Goku

ultimate shipping

yiss

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    CNN has failed again.

An article on the sexiest accents in the world, and no audio clip of them.

Also Italian is ranked as number 1. Just no.

I'm not on the list this is bullshit.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    So today I sold my PS3 to my mother in law (actually for my brother in law), got the same amount as EB would give me but I feel better knowing its going to someone I love then a random stranger.

Also now I wont have credit burning a hole in my pocket and she isnt going to pay me until DA3 comes out.

• Options
    i watched gattaca for the first time with puppies

jude law is delightful

Don't save anything for the swim back, chu.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    One day there will be a Reactional Crisis where Bro, Bro? So Raven, Hail Hydra! Hail Hydra?, Snap!, Crackle! and Pop! will team up.

• Options
    Geth went and Snap!'d a post I made a year ago.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    kedinik wrote: »
    i watched gattaca for the first time with puppies

jude law is delightful

Don't save anything for the swim back, chu.

It's the guy at the end doing the very last test that always gets me.

Damn you cliches, why are you so effective sometimes!!!

shryke on
  • Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    One day there will be a Reactional Crisis where Bro, Bro? So Raven, Hail Hydra! Hail Hydra?, Snap!, Crackle! and Pop! will team up.

Crisis on infinite posts

sig.gif
  • Options
    I remember really not liking Gattaca very much. It just seemed so boring.

But I was a dumb kid back then. Was my opinion just that of a dumb kid's?

• Options
    HerrCron wrote: »

Crisis on infinite posts

They will team up when Geth's "Monitoring" asks for help against the Anti-Monitoring

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Gattaca was one of the texts I studied in Year 12 English

It was the all-time champion for time on the state curriculum, apparently, because it's just so easy to write exam questions for

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    today i got both my non-driver's license and my health insurance card in the mail

proud to be a colo-murrican

where at least i know i'm free

etc

• Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular

I remember not caring for it when I saw it first too, mainly because I was more used to scifi stuff where there were lazers, 'splosions and scantily clad alien ladies wanting to be taught about this thing you humans call "one night stands" "love".

I rewatched it recently and it's actually really good.

sig.gif
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular

Gattaca's problem, I think, is that all those genetically perfect people and Ethan Hawke don't show much in the way of emotion. They go through the day rather blank and subdued and that's not very fun to watch.

Only that doctor guy seems like a genuine person. And I guess Jude Law's bitterness is kind of funny.

Personally, I still like the movie. But more for its ideas than its characters.

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    @skippydumptruck you need to start lifting bro

sawyer is 35lbs I military press him

3 sets of 15 before diaper changes AND NO CRYING

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular

jesus

I was going to buy one of those totally not a McMuffins from the grocery store the other day, but decided to check for hydrogonated BS.

Every single damned component had sugar.

The bread. The meat. The eggs. I think even the cheese.

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Also Sander you live in a not-USA country right?

We have fucked things up royally over here with regard to health and fitness.

Yeah in the NL, we have mostly the same problems just to a lesser degree. There's the same class divide on health, the tendency for people above 30 to be either 'all-in' on health or do nothing at all, increasing child obesity etcet.
    No western government has been able to hit the breaks yet on it, at best some countries are on a slower path.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    I feel like strong loses its usefulness if it starts to mean 'can stir food for 10 minutes'

I agree with eddy on the distinction from competent.

Depends how vigorous you are being.

Whipping a batch of cream or something by hand requires some goddamn muscles.

I made made some whipped cream with a fork back in February.

*flex*

• Options
    today i got both my non-driver's license and my health insurance card in the mail

proud to be a colo-murrican

where at least i know i'm free

etc

A few hours ago someone asked me, "Well why not just go work in Colorado?"

I had no answer.

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    Alright, so, this is worth watching guys.

Dan Ryckert and Danny O'Dwyer from Giant Bomb play Hatoful Boyfriend, a Japanese pigeon dating sim game.

Yes, a game in which you date pigeons.

You are not a pigeon.

But you date them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBomwWerFkw

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    To be clear, Gamespot gave Hatoful Boyfriend a 7/10.

They gave Destiny a 6/10

Just sayin'.

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Pony wrote: »
    To be clear, Gamespot gave Hatoful Boyfriend a 7/10.

They gave Destiny a 6/10

Just sayin'.

I feel that's more a condemnation of Destiny than it is anything else

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    This is where I say

Different reviewers different genres.

they dont really compare.

This discussion has been closed.