As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fresh (1994) starring Samuel L. [chat]

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    "Windows 8 is only being offered to employees by about one in five organisations right now. Windows 7 is still the de facto standard for enterprise in the desktop environment.

"For Microsoft to continue to be able to get the best and latest technology in the hands of the enterprise workforce all over the world, it has to have a vehicle to do that - and Windows 9 is its best shot."

so why'd you skip it and go to 10 instead?

I think this is close-ish to correct, but someone school me if I be wrong.
    1- Windows 1
    2- Windows 2 (there was a 2.1 as well, but...)
    3- Windows 3/3.1
    4- Windows NT
    5- Windows Millenium
    6- Windows XP
    7- Windows Vista
    8- Windows 7
    9- Windows 8
    10 - Windows 10

:?:

1- Windows 1
    2- Windows 2 (there was a 2.1 as well, but...)
    3- Windows 3/3.1/3.11 (networking)
    4- Windows 95
    5- Windows 98/98SE
    6- Windows Millenium
    7- Windows XP/XP Pro
    8- Windows Vista
    9- Windows 7
    10- Windows 8/8.1
    11 - Windows 10

NT versions don't go in this continuum. It's NT3/3.5/4/Server 2000/2003/2008/2012

• Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    spoiler: I do not have an AMEX black card, or even know if they come in black or whether that is a thing. It sounded cool as fk tho.

yeah, there is a black / centurion card.

You can spend p much anything on it.

Some guy bought an ancient Chinese porcelain egg for 36 million on a single swipe of their card.

It's p fucked.

He had to make swipes in $50,000 increments due to Chinese laws. Also it was a cup. And it netted him 422 million Amex points. Which should be in the ballpark of 27 million FF miles from various groups.

I feel like that would've ruined some of the fun of having the card...

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Nooo, cooold.

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    That is so Texas. <3

See guys I'm not the one who said it this time

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    spoiler: I do not have an AMEX black card, or even know if they come in black or whether that is a thing. It sounded cool as fk tho.

Some guy bought an ancient Chinese porcelain egg for 36 million on a single swipe of their card.

It's p fucked.

He had to make swipes in $50,000 increments due to Chinese laws. Also it was a cup. And it netted him 422 million Amex points. Which should be in the ballpark of 27 million FF miles from various groups.

Holy shit that's 720 swipes.

Assuming 5 seconds for each swipe he literally had to stand there swiping for a fucking hour.

Sorry, it was 24 swipes because apparently the credit card system caps out at HK$12 million. He used the card due to the Chinese laws.

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    I bought a new car in 2013, and it's pretty awesome. I dont have to worry about it shitting itself for like another 3-4 years. On the other hand buying a 1-2k car for cash is pretty awesome too because then I DONT GIVE A FUK and do things like drive it into the ground for 5 years.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    windoesnt ought to just give up and let apple make their computers for them lol

huehuehue

although thinking about this more I think I prefer windon't

sega made that joke 20+ years ago.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    @surrealitycheck‌

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjTsnD0sLUw

What do you make of the quote re: the final boss

how many transformation sequences and final forms may we expect?

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Belasco32Belasco32 Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    Belasco32 wrote: »
    Hi all! Here, have a peek into the Life and Times of a Fucked Up Family! *que dramatic music*

My Mom's little sister, my-barely-44yr old aunt, was killed in a car accident a couple of months ago. The autopsy results are back, she weight about 110 lbs and her blood alcohol level was .26. Rather than mourning my maternal grandfather has taken this tragic opportunity to prove what a dick he is. I won't go into ALL of the details, but here are some of the highlights:

*Granddad doesn't inform his exwife, my aunt's mother, of their daughter's death
    *Granddad illegally, and against the will of his two living daughters, signs custody of my aunt's remains over to her live-in boyfriend
    *Grandad advises the live-in boyfriend that he'd stand to inherit (there is A LOT to inherit) if he were the common law husband
    *Granddad gets the boyfriend an attorney, even though the boyfriend is wealthy of his own accord
    *Boyfriend runs and puts an obit in a local paper stating my aunt was married to him, but he misspells her name and gets her date of birth wrong
    *Boyfriend & Granddad send my mom and her remaining sister off to see what's left of the car as a distraction while they sneak off and have my aunt cremated in secret
    *We get the autopsy results and discover they were at Boyfriend's bar and he was serving her, and chose not to take her keys
    *Aunt's mother finds out her daughter is dead, and hires an attorney
    *Aunt's mother turns out to be a PI, looks into Boyfriend and finds out he's actually probably married to someone else - there's a record of the marriage, no record of a divorce or annulment, and or the woman's death
    *Mom and remaining aunt hire an attorney to try and become the executors of their sister's estate
    *Remaining aunt reads the death certificate for the first time, seeing that it's marked that her sister had never been married and is signed by Boyfriend
    *Granddad reassures Boyfriend that he's in his corner and will help him - read that as: spend the trust money that's the only hope of keeping the family ranch in the family

My mom and my aunt filed yesterday morning, Boyfriend, who is refusing to give up any of my aunt's belongings, got tipped off by my grandfather and also filed on Monday morning.

And so the world turns, in Central Texas.

Holy shit
    That is so Texas. <3 Sorry that you have to deal with that.

They are all from Dallas....hmm, maybe there is something to this.

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    ell is interesting and i'm actually writing about it for work stuff

for one, they took a little less than half a million from venture capitalists, which means they plan to sell down the line

they also have some odd clauses in their privacy policy that they won't share your data with another company unless they partner with them

i can't think of any businesses with long term viability that doesn't have partners

tl dr ello is going to fail but i have invite codes if you want

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

It's p fucked.

I feel like that would've ruined some of the fun of having the card...

pay a peasant to swipe for you.

• Options
    InfamyDeferredInfamyDeferred Registered User regular
    27 million frequent flyer miles

"Yes I would like to book a one-way trip to Mars I hear there is already a robot car there waiting to pick me up"

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I call OS X OS "X." And now I'll have an OS that I call a 10.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    They are all from Dallas....hmm, maybe there is something to this.

I FUCKING KNEW IT

DallasLogo.jpg

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Steve Aoki's attorney has issued a Cease & Desist to the satire site wundergroundmusic.com for not-selling this tshirt which does not actually exist.

ask-me-about-my-shit-dj-AOKI.jpg

http://wundergroundmusic.com/real-news-steve-aoki-to-sue-wunderground-issues-cease-desist/

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    @surrealitycheck‌

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjTsnD0sLUw

What do you make of the quote re: the final boss

how many transformation sequences and final forms may we expect?

also RULES OF NATURE

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Vanguard wrote: »

for one, they took a little less than half a million from venture capitalists, which means they plan to sell down the line

they also have some odd clauses in their privacy policy that they won't share your data with another company unless they partner with them

i can't think of any businesses with long term viability that doesn't have partners

So, my baby brother posted about ello on FB the other day, I have no idea what it is...please inform.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

So, my baby brother posted about ello on FB the other day, I have no idea what it is...please inform.

social media made by a small group of artists and designers with no ads and is invite only

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    Steve Aoki's attorney has issued a Cease & Desist to the satire site wundergroundmusic.com for not-selling this tshirt which does not actually exist.

http://wundergroundmusic.com/real-news-steve-aoki-to-sue-wunderground-issues-cease-desist/

dem abs

that is my goal

• Options

social media made by a small group of artists and designers with no ads and is invite only

B00008OTFB.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Casual wrote: »

dem abs

that is my goal

:winky:

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular

By fail, you mean sell for a decent wad of cash and let the poor bastards who buy it figure out what to do with it?

For the good ol' days when social networking was young and MySpace sold for $580 million. Suckers.

• Options

dem abs

that is my goal

This

The first thing I thought about that picture was "that is the torso I want to have"

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    I feel like Microsoft may be missing the point again by making one OS experience for all their devices.

Phones are not tablets are not laptops are not desktops are not HTPCs. They can share a common core and design language but how you interface needs to be built around the strengths of the individual platforms.

All in one desktops with touch screens have been the dumbest part of this past cycle of windows, and it looks like that is still where things are for MS.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options

OOOOOOOOOH! I remember those, @Blameless Cleric‌ loved them! No wonder it sounded so familiar...after all, one can't forget the pain of stepping on those damn things

• Options
    Cinders wrote: »

dem abs

that is my goal

see this is all i want

for all the ladies to be all :winky: as i walk by

is that so much to ask?

• Options

The girl on that box looks like she is really unsure of whether she's enjoying those toys or not.

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    See, people say Texas is terrible, and that's unfair

It's a big place, it just has terrible parts

Unfortunately, some of those terrible places are major cities like Dallas and Houston

Doubly unfortunate for me, I have major hardons for certain athletes on their sports teams and it is a cause of distress for me

• Options

So, basically, what Google did 5 years ago?

• Options
    Winky wrote: »

The girl on that box looks like she is really unsure of whether she's enjoying those toys or not.

"On the one hand, they are fun! On the other, they are patronizing and lego would have been better..."

• Options

dem abs

that is my goal

see this is all i want

is that so much to ask?

I want this too. Stupid young pretty college kids all around me.

• Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    lol every time I start up witcher 2 it is like INSTALLING DIRECTX FIRST TIME SETUP

I will incorporate this anger calmly into the core of my being and use it on my enemies at a later, more appropriate time.

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    Couscous wrote: »

By fail, you mean sell for a decent wad of cash and let the poor bastards who buy it figure out what to do with it?

For the good ol' days when social networking was young and MySpace sold for $580 million. Suckers.

I mean fail re: their manifesto

• Options

dem abs

that is my goal

see this is all i want

is that so much to ask?

I want this too. Stupid young pretty college kids all around me.

you are young!

and pretty!

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular

OOOOOOOOOH! I remember those, "Blameless Cleric"‌ loved them! No wonder it sounded so familiar...after all, one can't forget the pain of stepping on those damn things

Oh hey, those things were fun!

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Ello is clearly some kind of scam.

Though I'm not sure if it's the users or potential buyers who are going to be scammed.

Probably both.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    Also stupid self for being too lazy to get all made up to go to class.

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    lol just realized I'm wearing white socks with brown shoes and a black belt

I'm the worst person so far

This discussion has been closed.