Options

[Destiny] Enrage timers and high fashion! Chatterwhite for everyone!

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Oh well douche's gonna douche, its something the internet is amazing at.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Guibs wrote: »
    I passed on the Icebreaker. Like a lot of people said, it's a very situational weapon. I already have the Queen's sniper rifle (supremacy) that is great, got Fire damage on it. As for ammo, just buy ammo pack from the gunsmith and use in big raids/nightfall/weekly. It's not like there are lots of other ways to burn Glimmers in this game anyway.

I went for the Warlock robe. It's great looking, offer "bonus special ammo" which raise the amount I can carry on my supremacy sniper riffle to start with. A little disapointing to read that the Axio Bolt bonus doesn't work as I thought it would but still a nice upgrade.

Now I do have a question. What is up with STRENGHT everywhere on warlock exotics? Seriously! Both my "light beyond nemesis" and "Voidfang vestment" comes with + strenght only. Gee, I'm a WARLOCK, give me INTELLIGENCE AND DISCIPLINE!

I don't know about you, but every time I ranged force punch something, my grenade cools down a little faster, and they either stagger, light on fire, or stagger AND light on fire.

Also, punching things is fun. Especially from mid-air, you sort of swoop at them and it's neat.

• Options
    ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Wow people are idiots about weapons Xur sells. "I earned my *insert exotic here* and so you buying it from xur is bullshit." Despite there being exactly zero way you earned shit on a random drop from wherever, outside of Xur selling guns like thorn or bad juju you didn't do shit different than people who got coins.

But... I was a special snowflake who got mine from an engram until Xur came and shat all over my Wheaties.

...right? =P

TELL ME I'M STILL A SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE!! T_T

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    Wow people are idiots about weapons Xur sells. "I earned my *insert exotic here* and so you buying it from xur is bullshit." Despite there being exactly zero way you earned shit on a random drop from wherever, outside of Xur selling guns like thorn or bad juju you didn't do shit different than people who got coins.

Arguably exotic bounties are "earned" weapons

but those are still very RNG based

but who cares more people with Ice Breakers means faster VoG clears hooray

Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Oh well, douche's gonna are going to douche, it's something that the internet is amazing at.

• Options
    qwer12qwer12 PhilippinesRegistered User regular
    Anybody still up for the nightfall? I haven't done it yet

steam_sig.png

PSN: jrrl_absent
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    Visskar wrote: »
    Hey 360 raiders, no hard feelings for missing the raid again, I know you had a full roster already AND I couldn't even get on last night anyway.

However, is there any interest in taking some new people (like me and probably some others) through? I'd hate to see the 360 list degenerate to Raid haves and have nots...
    Not gonna lie : I enjoy the Raid immensely, but it needles my brain that I can’t just run it with all my pals. I hate feeling like people are being left out.

IIRC, Hiryu02 and “Evil Monkey” both have alts that are almost Raid-ready, and Nocren is definitely good to go, as well. Crippl3 was talking about wanting to raid, and I think Visskar and Atarkxes (not sure of their forum handles) are right around 27. My alts are a long way from being ready, but I would gladly use my Titan to help you die horribly achieve greatness. I don’t even need loot; watching you perish succeed will be my reward.

I maxed out my Saint helm last night which brought me up to 28 if I go Defender. Picked up the helm from Xur this morning for striker, but that drops me back to 27.

Shit, let me know if you guys want to put in a VoG run this weekend. I'm ready.

Visskar‌
    "Iron Weasel"‌
    shoeboxjeddy‌
    My titan is 26 i can take her if needed tonight or tomorrow.
    I definitely cannot do anything tonight. Tomorrow or Sunday evening is possible.
    Im available both those nights

Same.

I've already cleared VoG for the week (so I don't need to join VoG for any drops) but I'm happy to help if you need assistance. 28 Titan. Have had..... ample experience helping new players through VoG as well. "No, no, those blow up. No, they blow.... yes they.... NO THAT'S..... yes... yes they will kill you. Yes."

How is it that I do not know who you are or have you on my friends list?

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    So... Page 98. O_o

Heads up @Gmaster7 !

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
  • Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    Erevar wrote: »
    So... Page 98. O_o

Heads up @Gmaster7 !

Believe me, @Erevar: when the thread gets to page 80-something, I get super anxious and check obsessively until it gets to 99-100.

If I had like 40 shards right now, I could be the clan's first lvl 30 - but of course, I just had to go and blow a ton of them to get to 29 last week, figuring I was far away. Now @Darkyth is going to beat me!

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Crayon wrote: »

One can easily argue that spending the time collecting 17 coins is much more in line with "earning" something as opposed to being lucky with the rng. In fact, it doesn't even need to be argued, it is more earned.

I definitely felt like I lucked out on my Suros drop, as opposed to somehow "earning" it.

Fuck yes, now I don't have to blow twenty three coins on this thing down the line!

• Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    Am I alone in thinking that certain guns are a bit big? Like, they take up a lot of screen space. I tried Bad Juju, and with that green flame/gas/whatever, it obscures a huge amount of your hud.

Someone pat me on the head and tell me I'm not crazy, preferably in a soothing voice.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    GuibsGuibs Weekend Warrior Somewhere up North.Registered User regular
    GMaster7 wrote: »
    So... Page 98. O_o

Heads up @Gmaster7 !

Believe me, @Erevar: when the thread gets to page 80-something, I get super anxious and check obsessively until it gets to 99-100.

If I had like 40 shards right now, I could be the clan's first lvl 30 - but of course, I just had to go and blow a ton of them to get to 29 last week, figuring I was far away. Now @Darkyth is going to beat me!

Hate to break it to you GM but you are NOT the clan's first 30. I did Iron Banner monday with I think @Squall‌ and he was lvl 30. Tough luck...

jswidget.php?username=Guibs&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
    PSN: Guibs25 | XboxLive: Guibs | Steam: Guibsx | Twitch: Guibsx
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    I got to the end of the nightfall, was wrecking the boss and then shot a rocket and killed myself. Self revived and died again. Redoing it, got to the waves part, died and self revived. Guess I wont get the "complete a strike without dying" bounty on this run.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    Crayon/latikuf, are you okay with 9 EST for hard mode vault in Sunday?

I'd much prefer another day, but I'm moooooostly okay with it.

@Celian‌ @OptimusZed‌ @Crayon‌ @Stragint‌ @Sousuke‌

This is the compromise I came up with after talking to everybody, so unless there's something else that's more or less good for everyone, Sunday 9 EST it is. Ben said he might not be able to do it tonight, Zed has a birthday thing on saturday, Reaper won't get home from work until after 8 EST on sunday.

PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    I have 26 motes of light. Do I pick up a cool hunter cloak from the speaker, or take a chance on Xur's exotic helmet engram?

Also, is Ice breaker a "must-buy"? I have the sniper rifle from VoG already.

Also also, got Doctor Nope from the Cryptarch. :)

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    Beltaine wrote: »
    I have 26 motes of light. Do I pick up a cool hunter cloak from the speaker, or take a chance on Xur's exotic helmet engram?

I had really good lucky engrambling today. I got 2 helms (Warlock faster-rez and Hunter Blancer) which I did not already have.

I think Ice Breaker is a good investment, but I'm a very avid sniper and enjoy having that option. Also, I have vague plans of catching all the exotics...

KkrouBB.png
    Bogaerts wrote:
  • Options
    Visskar wrote: »
    Hey 360 raiders, no hard feelings for missing the raid again, I know you had a full roster already AND I couldn't even get on last night anyway.

However, is there any interest in taking some new people (like me and probably some others) through? I'd hate to see the 360 list degenerate to Raid haves and have nots...
    Not gonna lie : I enjoy the Raid immensely, but it needles my brain that I can’t just run it with all my pals. I hate feeling like people are being left out.

IIRC, Hiryu02 and “Evil Monkey” both have alts that are almost Raid-ready, and Nocren is definitely good to go, as well. Crippl3 was talking about wanting to raid, and I think Visskar and Atarkxes (not sure of their forum handles) are right around 27. My alts are a long way from being ready, but I would gladly use my Titan to help you die horribly achieve greatness. I don’t even need loot; watching you perish succeed will be my reward.

I maxed out my Saint helm last night which brought me up to 28 if I go Defender. Picked up the helm from Xur this morning for striker, but that drops me back to 27.

Shit, let me know if you guys want to put in a VoG run this weekend. I'm ready.

Visskar‌
    "Iron Weasel"‌
    shoeboxjeddy‌
    My titan is 26 i can take her if needed tonight or tomorrow.
    I definitely cannot do anything tonight. Tomorrow or Sunday evening is possible.
    Im available both those nights

Same.

I've already cleared VoG for the week (so I don't need to join VoG for any drops) but I'm happy to help if you need assistance. 28 Titan. Have had..... ample experience helping new players through VoG as well. "No, no, those blow up. No, they blow.... yes they.... NO THAT'S..... yes... yes they will kill you. Yes."

How is it that I do not know who you are or have you on my friends list?

I mained Abel in SF4 but switched to Makoto in SSF4, we have been secretly at war forever since

(PotatoSan on XBL)

• Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    GMaster7 wrote: »
    So... Page 98. O_o

Heads up @Gmaster7 !

I hit 30 2 days ago 8-) I just havent updated the roster yet.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Vault guide for anyone who hasn't done the vault yet, or wants more pro level strats

http://jammerware.blob.core.windows.net/guides/vog.pdf

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    @Nocren‌
    @shoeboxjeddy‌
    @Visskar‌
    @Hiryu02‌
    @Evil Monkey

plus me makes 6. New raiders, pick a day/time (I think I would prefer Sunday) and let's make this happen.

If any other 360 Raid Rookies want in, one of the veterans can step aside to make room.

Fair warning: Evil Monkey traded his immortal soul to Loot Satan in exchange for worldly power. He will get all the drops.

All of them.

Even yours.

Sunday.

Time.... 6pm est? I'm free all day.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Vault guide for anyone who hasn't done the vault yet, or wants more pro level strats

http://jammerware.blob.core.windows.net/guides/vog.pdf

Too slow.

Edit: Sorry, not trying to be goosey. I had posted same above on same page earlier near ToTP. Thread moves fast as heck.

Hiryu02 on
  • Options
    Maddoc wrote: »

One can easily argue that spending the time collecting 17 coins is much more in line with "earning" something as opposed to being lucky with the rng. In fact, it doesn't even need to be argued, it is more earned.

I definitely felt like I lucked out on my Suros drop, as opposed to somehow "earning" it.

Fuck yes, now I don't have to blow twenty three coins on this thing down the line!

I had 22 coins when Suros was for sale

I leveled an alt entirely to get a single coin so I could get that goddamn rifle (after doing about a dozen strikes and public events with 0 coin drops)

I finally finished the level 14-ish quest that gives you a coin no matter what to get up to 23

FML I finished it about 1 hour after Xur left for the week

Then I got Suros as a legendary engram drop the next day

• Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Beltaine wrote: »

Being able to post up at long range or in a hidey-hole and not worry about ammo is really nice. I know I've been essentially carried through certain parts of weekly strikes by people with Icebreaker.

SiliconStew on
    Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • Options
    ElixirElixir Saving Your Ass Alchemists and Belts EverywhereRegistered User regular
    So I am confused about raiding gear and trying to plan out my Warlock's armor situation. Are there two sets or raid gear regular and hard mode? If so is there any real difference? Does the helm only drop on hard mode? I'm now hesitant about getting a exotic chest/arms when it seems that an exotic helm might be the best for hitting 30 without needed to roll VoG on hard.

Silly Bungie expecting rando posts on the internetz to explain their game for them!

ElixirSulfClipCropped1(s)1.jpg

• Options
    Honestly, I think Nightfall strikes are the single worst element of Destiny and would be happy to see them completely redesigned

Vault of Glass does such a good job of making hard fights that are also fun and interesting

Nightfall is the complete opposite, it is hard but not fun, hard through sheer numbers bullshit instead of actually interesting content.

VoG asks you to take what you learned in the main game and expand on it. Every skillset is important, the game just asks you to do more.

Nightfall takes everything you learned in the main game and ignores it. Don't make risky plays. Don't ever be aggressive. Hide in a corner and snipe for 30-90 minutes.

Nightfall is a testament to terrible game design. Nightfall is The Darkness, eternally present, always threatening to destroy fun gameplay with artificial difficulty. We must be vigilant against Nightfall, for it could overtake all of Destiny.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Elixir wrote: »
    So I am confused about raiding gear and trying to plan out my Warlock's armor situation. Are there two sets or raid gear regular and hard mode? If so is there any real difference? Does the helm only drop on hard mode? I'm now hesitant about getting a exotic chest/arms when it seems that an exotic helm might be the best for hitting 30 without needed to roll VoG on hard.

Silly Bungie expecting rando posts on the internetz to explain their game for them!

Raid armor only drops from the raid. Arms, chest and boots all drop in Normal/Hard mode. The helm only drops in Hard mode.

Only raid armor outside of exotics upgrade to 30 Light per piece, so it is only possible to hit LL 30 with a full set of raid armor, or 3 piece raid + 1 exotic.

Hiryu02 on
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    I wish you could trade items in this game. I really, really wish you could. I have no need for an exotic Titan helm, nor do I want to start over as a Titan. I must have played through the game a few times over with my main already, why would I want to do it again at low levels? :)

...then again, Titans seem kind of fun. And this helmet looks kinda sweet...

• Options
    Honestly, I think Nightfall strikes are the single worst element of Destiny and would be happy to see them completely redesigned

Vault of Glass does such a good job of making hard fights that are also fun and interesting

Nightfall is the complete opposite, it is hard but not fun, hard through sheer numbers bullshit instead of actually interesting content.

VoG asks you to take what you learned in the main game and expand on it. Every skillset is important, the game just asks you to do more.

Nightfall takes everything you learned in the main game and ignores it. Don't make risky plays. Don't ever be aggressive. Hide in a corner and snipe for 30-90 minutes.

Nightfall is a testament to terrible game design. Nightfall is The Darkness, eternally present, always threatening to destroy fun gameplay with artificial difficulty. We must be vigilant against Nightfall, for it could overtake all of Destiny.

While I can agree with this post, I still find Nightfalls enjoyable because it caters to my preferred play-style: slow and methodical and snipe-y. It creates far more tension about making mistakes than raids do.

KkrouBB.png
    Bogaerts wrote:
  • Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    This might be a stupid question, but bear with me.

You can't subclass until you're level 15, so how is there a level 10 in this Iron Banner game that's Blade Dancing?

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    Titans are fun. Wiping out 5 people on the opposing team at once because you turned a corner and ran into a trap so you desperation super and are the last Guardian standing is awesome.

Cry Havoc.

• Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Ratsult2 wrote: »
    Tommatt wrote: »
    Hmmm that chest piece sounds good even for sunsinger. Spawn with 2 grenades? Yes please. Or that with a full intelligence build with grenade kills granting super energy.

It is a great chest for sunsingers. "Spawn with grenades" works on both PvP spawns and radiance resurrect.

Let me put it another way... you know that annoying sunsinger grenade that has a massive AoE and takes you down to half life? Yea, you get two of those every time you respawn.

The only downside to the armor is the "Your Axion Bolt grenade spawns an additional seeker" bonus. As far as I can tell, it only spawns one extra seeker, and only when there is a 4th (5th?) enemy in the grenade AOE. It remains 1 seeker per target. Sort of understandable if you consider that seekers on a target would instantly kill a pvp target.

I'm not seeing the problem 8-)

Tommatt on
  • Options

You can't subclass until you're level 15, so how is there a level 10 in this Iron Banner game that's Blade Dancing?

Level 15 on any character unlocks subclasses on all future characters from level 1.

• Options
    edited October 2014

Once you unlock subclasses on your first character, you unlock them for all future characters or classes. My Hunter was a Bladedancer from level one thanks to my Titan main.

Hiryu02 on
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    edited October 2014

Once you've unlocked the ability to subclass/crucible/whatever with one character, it unlocks it for all characters regardless of level. So for instance, I started up a titan because I got the helm of blindy bubble, and from level 1 I was able to play as a defender because I'd passed the relevant level on my warlock.

This does NOT apply to equipment though, obviously; can't buy fancy ships until you're high enough, etc.

Edit: I realise mine is the third in a row, however it is clearly the superior post because Geth loves me.

dporowski on
  • Options
    I grabbed the warlock chest in a heartbeat.

Hand Cannon ammo. My favorite weapon type and one of the only primaries i use that actually feels like It meeds the increased ammo.
    Special ammo. Increased Shotgun, Fusion, and Sniper Ammo in one perk.
    Extra Axon Bolt, which is the Voidwalker grenade I use anyways.
    Spawn with full grenades. This means spawn with TWO grenades for Sunsingers.

I'd only consider using the Solitare chest or the quick revive helmet for Warlocks over this. But for PvP, this chest is probably BiS.

It really comes down to what "Delusions of Grandeur: You take reduced damage while using your Nova Bomb. Your siphon abilities are also improved" means. How is it improved? But, ya, it's probably the best exotic I've seen for PvP, especially for void. I need a few more strange coins but haven't done the weekly yet, so should have enough.

• Options
    Louie wrote: »
    PSA: I have got 3 energy from totally unlevelled legendary weapons. I don't think levelling them helps.

Not sure if anybody has commented onthis. From what I know, it doesn't give extra shards/energy, but leveling up gives more fabric/weapon parts.

• Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular

Agree. VoG asks you to have good mechanics and communication, and rewards you for it. Nightfall is just "Snipers are OHKs! And if you all die, go to orbit, because fun!"
    Titans are fun. Wiping out 5 people on the opposing team at once because you turned a corner and ran into a trap so you desperation super and are the last Guardian standing is awesome.

Cry Havoc.

Yeah. It's so damn good.

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    I did the nightfall earlier today and I still have the soundtrack from it playing in my mind, including the archon priest doing his laugh and attack sounds

RAHH HAHA

pew pew pew

RAAHHH HAHA

Pew pew pew

pew pew pew

• Options
    SqueezeSqueeze Registered User regular
    Doing the heroic on lv28. At the boss. If anyone wants max coins on a character join up now. Ya got about ten minutes. I don't need help, just want to share.

This discussion has been closed.