As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat] of the [chat]

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    synd, so my roommate is liking the Xbox One, but thinks he's missing out since he never plays multiplayer because we can't play together and his friends aren't playing the games that we're getting. So we're getting a second Xbox. I figure that he'll have to at least buy a second copy of Destiny so we can play together, but what about the other stuff. Does he also have to buy a second copy of Titanfall to play that if I'm not playing it at the same time?

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    The best part of the Kinect is yelling things at it while Will plays destiny.

Xbox snap Internet explorer. Xbox play music.

You are history's greatest monster.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    I would strategize my movements to see: Portal, Impetuous Ritual, Grave Miasma, Nails, Converge, Sunn.

I have a vague memory of skitsystem as serviceable crust punk? And I liked Pig Destroyer in general in the past but none of the recent releases have really compelled me to buy.

Bolzer, Martyrdod and Trap Them are essential too

Oh yeah Trap Them are solid

The other two are maybes

*bangsgavel*

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    breadboardshrink.jpg

the post-anarchism of this setup

the interconnected yet discrete components...

A cat does not live in that home.

• Options
    That gave me the idea of googling "computer built into desk" so I did, and was satisfied.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Cats ruin everything

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    That gave me the idea of googling "computer built into desk" so I did, and was satisfied.

there are some highly skilled and creative constructions out there.

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »
    NED RYERSON!

BING!

you remember

needlenose ned!

• Options
    mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    The best part of the Kinect is yelling things at it while Will plays destiny.

Xbox snap Internet explorer. Xbox play music.

Can't go "faster" from here.

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    synd, so my roommate is liking the Xbox One, but thinks he's missing out since he never plays multiplayer because we can't play together and his friends aren't playing the games that we're getting. So we're getting a second Xbox. I figure that he'll have to at least buy a second copy of Destiny so we can play together, but what about the other stuff. Does he also have to buy a second copy of Titanfall to play that if I'm not playing it at the same time?

i told you! you only need 2 copies to play at the same time

otherwise you can swap discs

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    butts.

i forgot how to play WoW.

Apparently Earth Shock was removed from the game, so my "smash this one button for Shaman Glory" macro was broke. It took me like 20 minutes last night to figure that out.

we had this hunter in our guild that was a nice gal, generally prompt for raids, easy to get along with and did solid dps

then the new expac came out (i think it was wotlk) and her dps just went to total shit. it was really bizarre. well turns out there was a hunter macro she had bound to her scroll wheel that basically did a perfect dps rotation for her and when the expac came out blizzard made hunter pve less of a mindless rotation so the macro was functionally useless.

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

There is a family share feature due to come back at some point in the future, at which point the answer is an emphatic no problem.

Though right now, you will need to remain signed in on the xbox that did not buy the game, and signed out of the xbox that did buy the game. then both machines can play the game.

I always felt like this was an abuse of the licensing to get free software bordering on piracy, but tons of people seem to do it and mods in G&T don't think its a big deal so whatevs.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    butts.

Apparently Earth Shock was removed from the game, so my "smash this one button for Shaman Glory" macro was broke. It took me like 20 minutes last night to figure that out.

we had this hunter in our guild that was a nice gal, generally prompt for raids, easy to get along with and did solid dps

then the new expac came out (i think it was wotlk) and her dps just went to total shit. it was really bizarre. well turns out there was a hunter macro she had bound to her scroll wheel that basically did a perfect dps rotation for her and when the expac came out blizzard made hunter pve less of a mindless rotation so the macro was functionally useless.

so she could program but not actually play

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    So Cass, I'm suggesting you follow me in my new Christmas Tradition this year. Everytime TBS plays A Christmas Story, I put on Die Hard and watch it instead.

But what counters The Christmas Shoes?

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    butts.

THIS IS A VIABLE LIFE PATH OK?

• Options
    butts.

i think she found it on some forum or whatever. i guess this was a super common thing for raiding hunters at the time? this is before i got more hardcore about raid leading and knowing the full capabilities of every class and spec tree so im not sure.

• Options
    Like, to be clear, you create a new xbox live account you buy your games on that is not your main and do the buying of software on that, on your console.

Then you give that login to whomever you want to share your games with, and they keep it logged in on their xbox.

Then both of you can play online with your personal live gold accounts at the same time.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    butts.

THIS IS A VIABLE LIFE PATH OK?

sure it is buddy

i'm sure programming is the future

have fun being a fry cook!

i'll be making bank with my english degree!

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    So Cass, I'm suggesting you follow me in my new Christmas Tradition this year. Everytime TBS plays A Christmas Story, I put on Die Hard and watch it instead.

What?

• Options
    the macros i used for healing were a thing of beauty though. i nearly broke the character limit on each macro. basically 3rd party mods would break my (already shit) computer so i programmed the functionality into macros within the standard UI

• Options
    syndalis wrote: »
    Like, to be clear, you create a new xbox live account you buy your games on that is not your main and do the buying of software on that, on your console.

Then you give that login to whomever you want to share your games with, and they keep it logged in on their xbox.

Then both of you can play online with your personal live gold accounts at the same time.

wtf really

so you can buy one digital copy and both play a game

syndalis-senpai...

• Options
    butts.

Yeah, I just had to rig it up a little bit to get me up and running. Probably not going to Raid, so I won't need to get the rotation just right, but everything still appears to be:

1) Engage Rotation
    2) Hit Lightning Bolt when MW (I think it's MW) gets to 5 stack
    3) Pop Wolf Puppies when up
    4) FKU RAID NO TOTEMS FOR YOU

• Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    I laughed at people using macros in WoW

I was a Feral druid in Wrath. no macros could substitute for knowing how to play

JOHN FUCKING MADDEN

(also managed to out-DPS people who had much better gear)

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    butts.

i think she found it on some forum or whatever. i guess this was a super common thing for raiding hunters at the time? this is before i got more hardcore about raid leading and knowing the full capabilities of every class and spec tree so im not sure.

It was for the Hunter pet spec. But yeah, it was a thing, then it changed. Then it got broken.

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    My favorite example of MMO macro goodness was the Rift Melee Shaman. All of the abilities were blatantly tiered by cooldowns. And you always wanted them when they were off cooldown. So you simply macro'd one button with all the skills and it cast whichever one it could first if the skill was up.

It was just target enemy, spam single macro button.

• Options
    syndalis wrote: »

wtf really

so you can buy one digital copy and both play a game

syndalis-senpai...

its been that way since the 360, and while I always thought it to be a skeevy practice that abuses the hardware digital license model (your main console can play any game bought on it, even if the live account is not logged in or the box has no internet), its been promoted in G&T, to the point where people set up pairs to share game purchasing costs.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    @syndalis would this work for people too

two roommates, A & B

B signs in on A's xbox and buys the game
    the game is then tied to B's profile and A's xbox

B plays on his xbox cause his profile owns it
    A plays on his xbox cause his console owns it

That would work, right?

• Options
    cptrugged wrote: »
    My favorite example of MMO macro goodness was the Rift Melee Shaman. All of the abilities were blatantly tiered by cooldowns. And you always wanted them when they were off cooldown. So you simply macro'd one button with all the skills and it cast whichever one it could first if the skill was up.

It was just target enemy, spam single macro button.

This is roughly my WoW shaman experience, yes.

• Options
    I laughed at people using macros in WoW

I was a Feral druid in Wrath. no macros could substitute for knowing how to play

JOHN FUCKING MADDEN

(also managed to out-DPS people who had much better gear)

Pfft, I had the best macro for tanking. I would press it, it would throw my shield at my target to pull it, and randomly my character would yell out "Avenger's Assemble!" thanks to a mod.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    I am so buying the wow expansion when i get paid next

box copy obvs, to go with all my other ones

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    I would strategize my movements to see: Portal, Impetuous Ritual, Grave Miasma, Nails, Converge, Sunn.

I have a vague memory of skitsystem as serviceable crust punk? And I liked Pig Destroyer in general in the past but none of the recent releases have really compelled me to buy.

this is a whole new side of you

why are you not blasting metal while we raid

Wait how did you not know that I am a total hesher

http://youtu.be/yLUABWw0Wng

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    the macros i used for healing were a thing of beauty though. i nearly broke the character limit on each macro. basically 3rd party mods would break my (already shit) computer so i programmed the functionality into macros within the standard UI

Oh yeah, healing sucked in WoW without macros. Click-healing especially changed how much I enjoyed healing immensely.

Though I will say those crazy macros they had way back when that would look at the missing health of the ally then choose the appropriate rank spell for you, target them and cast the spell was a little much.

cptrugged on
  • Options
    @syndalis would this work for people too

two roommates, A & B

B signs in on A's xbox and buys the game
    the game is then tied to B's profile and A's xbox

B plays on his xbox cause his profile owns it
    A plays on his xbox cause his console owns it

That would work, right?

yes, that works too.

The "third" account is just a means of not giving anyone unfettered access to your live account, credit card info, etc. It's a means of not having to rely on trust.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    i might try this with my roommate if i can buy sunset overdrive

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Window Washers nearly fell off One World Trade Center yesterday. They were at the 68th floor.

DoTgmU9.jpg

I don't care how much window washing pays. It isn't enough.

• Options
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Window Washers nearly fell off One World Trade Center yesterday. They were at the 68th floor.

DoTgmU9.jpg

The dude kept washing the window!

• Options
    Deebaser wrote: »

DoTgmU9.jpg

jesus

PTSD just looking at that it feels like

• Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
  • Options

i told you! you only need 2 copies to play at the same time

otherwise you can swap discs

I think it's implied that I don't have discs. Do you have discs?

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular

What?

First there was this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJcPVB-we7g

Which became so inexplicably popular there's a made for TV movie about it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUN1T8209f4

This discussion has been closed.