Options

[The Legend of Zelda] This thread got turned into a pink bunny, find the new one.

• Options
    McFlynnMcFlynn Registered User regular
    Gamestop now has a different bundle. Limited edition plus the guide for 85.

@-Abel-‌ @darunia106 @‌urahonky

I don't know if that's your speed, but its still cheaper than scalpers. Still a chance for Best Buy later too.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    So... $35 for a guide?

That had better be the fanciest damn guide ever.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Polaritie wrote: »
    So... $35 for a guide?

That had better be the fanciest damn guide ever.

I assume it gives handjobs.

• Options
    I'm thinking Gamestop noticed "oh crap this will be in huge demand" and decided to slap it together with a guide, so they guarantee more profit margins. I assume this both because of the price difference to MSRP, and because of the shitty things they've done with previous high-demand Nintendo items.

• Options
    I'm thinking Gamestop noticed "oh crap this will be in huge demand" and decided to slap it together with a guide, so they guarantee more profit margins. I assume this both because of the price difference to MSRP, and because of the shitty things they've done with previous high-demand Nintendo items.

Makes sense. Gamestop had the limited edition available for order first but didn't sell out until after Amazon did. They probably noticed the spike, took it down, and found a way to pad the margins a bit.

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    McFlynn wrote: »

Makes sense. Gamestop had the limited edition available for order first but didn't sell out until after Amazon did. They probably noticed the spike, took it down, and found a way to pad the margins a bit.

Hopefully they'll have enough sense of irony to slap a "used" sticker on them.

• Options
    RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    $95 Limited edition bundle, time will tell how good of a purchase that preorder was.

*edit* Ultimate bundle sold out on gamestops site. Wow.

Roe on
    oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    Missed again!

That guide looks pretty nice too.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Is the DLC in Hyrule Warriors worth getting? Or better put, worth getting if you're still playing through the main game. It all sounds like extra/post game content. Which to put in this game's terms, is a bit like ordering 4 extra large pizzas when you haven't even finished the 10 course meal and 3 desserts in front of you.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    I'd say yes. The new Adventure mode maps make grinding levels much easier.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Oh well looks like I'm not getting Skull kid. He would have looked real nice next to my Ganondorf statue but I'm not willing to give these scalper fucks any of my money nor am I willing to pay more than the MSRP for some bullshit bundle that shouldn't exist. (Really, strategy guides? What is this, the 90's?)

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    I love strategy guides!

• Options
    Oh... Bless your heart.

• Options
    Damn straight.

Man, nothing like a big old hardcover guide full of massive amounts of info. Granted, some of them are crap but some of them are just so so good. And a precious few are freaking necessary.

• Options
    Yeah the art's pretty cool, but I'm not a book person at all. I own the Hyrule Historia begrudgingly.

• Options
    urahonky wrote: »
    Yeah the art's pretty cool, but I'm not a book person at all. I own the Hyrule Historia begrudgingly.

Meh, I don't go for art at all. Give me hundreds of pages of tables and I'm set. But I also own the Hyrule Historia begrudgingly.

That said, Majora's Mask doesn;t really need a guide. Pokémon? Final Fantasy Anything? Hell yeah.

• Options
    That's true. There's no stats or anything involved, just pictures and walkthroughs. Not much involved.

• Options
    Are you sure you're talking about Majora's Mask? I mean I guess it technically doesn't need a guide since nothing is ever missable. But good luck figuring some shit out like the whole Kafei line, or that super sword you can get. :)

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    Are you sure you're talking about Majora's Mask? I mean I guess it technically doesn't need a guide since nothing is ever missable. But good luck figuring some shit out like the whole Kafei line, or that super sword you can get. :)

Well, yeah but that's kind of the game. And it really is only those two things. You certainly pretty much need to be told about them to be able to get them tho.

• Options
    edited January 2015
    I bought the Star Fox 64 guide as a kid solely because of the awesome art in it. Mainly the blueprints of the vehicles and the names for the bad guy vehicles.

Kinda wish I still had it.

McFlynn on
  • Options
    And the great thing is some of those guides go for HUNDREDS of dollars now, even ones only about a year old.

• Options
    edited January 2015
    I'm pretty sure mine went with my original N64 when I sold it as a kid.

Spaghetti sauce stains on some of the pages probably tanked the resell value though. No, that was something else. My mom always used my magainzes as coasters though, so I'm sure that happened.

McFlynn on
  • Options
  • Options
    They don't even try to pretend the book bundle is a good deal, they've got the book listed for 35 separately. I figured they'd mark it up to 40 or something.

• Options
    ...I bought it.

I thought by "strategy guide" it was one of those stupid looking Prima guides that were just tossed together, but that guide looks pretty slick and would like nice on the bookshelf never to be opened again.

• Options
    ...I bought it.

I thought by "strategy guide" it was one of those stupid looking Prima guides that were just tossed together, but that guide looks pretty slick and would like nice on the bookshelf never to be opened again.

Think of it as a stand for your skull kid.

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    Roe wrote: »
    ...I bought it.

Think of it as a stand for your skull kid.

That costs the same as another game. :P

• Options
    McFlynn wrote: »
    They don't even try to pretend the book bundle is a good deal, they've got the book listed for 35 separately. I figured they'd mark it up to 40 or something.

Oh. Well.Gamestop tries to gouge Nintendo customers again, news at 11.

• Options
    Also thanks for the heads up @Roe.

• Options
    Also thanks for the heads up @Roe.

Np. Now the question is, how many hours can the special go without selling out again.

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    Sweet. Another hardcover guide for the collection.

I'm honestly considering buying the ridiculous box set for $120 just to get the Ocarina of Time 3D Guide and sell off the rest individually.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    My favorite guides were the ones for Myst and Riven, as they were written in the form of a journal from the main character, and were fun enough as short novels.

The Riven one was even nice enough to label each section in the book in accordance with how much help it have. Everything from "no worries, this is just some vague hints" to "this chapter is literally just a list of puzzle solutions."

• Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    And if ever there was a game that needed chapters dedicated to puzzle solutions, it's Riven. Never mind the foreign alphabet and numerical system you had to learn, remember the Golden Dome? 9 year old Terrendos was never happier to have a guide than Riven.

• Options
    And... they're out.

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    Missed again!

I really should be checking this thread more often.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Dear Nintendo,

Stop being obnoxious. We are not all watching the internet like hawks.

Thanks,
    Krathoon

• Options
    They only announced this thing what, yesterday? And the game doesn't even have a concrete release other than "sometime this year". I wouldn't bother freaking out over it just yet.

• Options
    CSStheGr8CSStheGr8 Registered User regular
    The collector's edition is up for preorder at best buy now.

3DS FC: 2363-6921-5075
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Aaaand gone.

• Options
    This is just getting ridiculous.

pHWHd2G.jpg