As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Sunless [chat]

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    I think I've averaged 2.5 days off per bab, all using my own PTO of course

idk honey text me when he shows up, I'm on the clock and have foruming to do

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Belasco32 wrote: »
    @Aioua don't stress about names, I'm horrible at remembering people's names and have grown comfortable with just telling people that up front.

As for me, I do answer to Bel(le) or even Belasco since I've been a part of hosting online groups meeting each other for years. Belle is pretty much a nickname at this point, heck, even our kids know that's me :)

My actual name, however, is Jessica...though Tony/spool calls me Jess, which ends up with a lot of people who know him through me also calling me Jess - this is something I've gotten accustomed to and even find affectionate. I will stab someone reflexively if they call me "Jessy", though. Only my close family call me "Jessy" - ONLY them.

I do have a kneejerk reaction to "Mom!" or "MoooOOOOooooOOOooommm!" both of which will bring my undivided attention down upon the speaker - for better or worse depending upon the situation. You've been warned.

Ah, and as a surprise for PAX South folk who will be there on Friday - spool15 and spool17 will be with us :biggrin: We went through all kinds of stuff so people got to meet spool15 at PAX East, and then they only got to meet him for a minute. This year, we've given our sons day passes for their birthdays which just happened. They'll be leaving us on Friday night, however, because there's really only so much parenting one wants to do while shelling $Texas for a hotel room and hanging out with other nerds people.

The boys might respond to their forum nicknames, but we'll introduce them properly to anyone brave enough to meet two of our teenagers :)

Well . . . damn.

Now I really want to go.

:cry::cry::cry:

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    @Aioua don't stress about names, I'm horrible at remembering people's names and have grown comfortable with just telling people that up front.

As for me, I do answer to Bel(le) or even Belasco since I've been a part of hosting online groups meeting each other for years. Belle is pretty much a nickname at this point, heck, even our kids know that's me :)

My actual name, however, is Jessica...though Tony/spool calls me Jess, which ends up with a lot of people who know him through me also calling me Jess - this is something I've gotten accustomed to and even find affectionate. I will stab someone reflexively if they call me "Jessy", though. Only my close family call me "Jessy" - ONLY them.

I do have a kneejerk reaction to "Mom!" or "MoooOOOOooooOOOooommm!" both of which will bring my undivided attention down upon the speaker - for better or worse depending upon the situation. You've been warned.

Ah, and as a surprise for PAX South folk who will be there on Friday - spool15 and spool17 will be with us :biggrin: We went through all kinds of stuff so people got to meet spool15 at PAX East, and then they only got to meet him for a minute. This year, we've given our sons day passes for their birthdays which just happened. They'll be leaving us on Friday night, however, because there's really only so much parenting one wants to do while shelling $Texas for a hotel room and hanging out with other nerds people.

The boys might respond to their forum nicknames, but we'll introduce them properly to anyone brave enough to meet two of our teenagers :)

spool17 is the same age as my little brother.

I can not contemplate dealing with someone younger than that.

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    JJ Abrams and his writers think up great concepts and cool cliffhangers and then trust the end will take care of itself and it never, ever does.

A lot of guys who end up working on a lot of blockbuster-size films do.

They think up specific beats or exchanges or set pieces first, and then try to shoehorn a movie around them.

• Options
    Belasco32Belasco32 Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    Aioua don't stress about names, I'm horrible at remembering people's names and have grown comfortable with just telling people that up front.

Well . . . damn.

Now I really want to go.

:cry::cry::cry:

I really want you to come!!!

I've even got a whole lecture in mind about why you should come, but I'm being good and keeping my virtual mouth shut *sage nod*

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    I think I've averaged 2.5 days off per bab, all using my own PTO of course

idk honey text me when he shows up, I'm on the clock and have foruming to do

p much

for all 3 it was like

oh the contractions are starting

OK well company wants some stuff done so imma head into work. call my cell when you think we should go into the hospital.

then once we are discharged from hospital we always have family visiting and helping so im like, well I don't get that much time off so back to work it is

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    coincidentally, I am watching the first episode of Star Trek TOS. Uhura is all over Spock like a sexy rash. Abrams got that right.

• Options
    Atomika wrote: »
    JJ Abrams and his writers think up great concepts and cool cliffhangers and then trust the end will take care of itself and it never, ever does.

A lot of guys who end up working on a lot of blockbuster-size films do.

They think up specific beats or exchanges or set pieces first, and then try to shoehorn a movie around them.

well to be fair I would probably do the same thing

GUYS WE NEED TO MAKE A MOVIE WHERE GIANT FUCKING ROBOTS TRANSFORM AND SHIT AND FIGHT EACH OTHER

2 years later

uh...plot?

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    mission Pho: SUCCESSFUL

coffee: VIETNAMESE AS FUCK
    working.jpg

tl dr: IN LOVE WITH THE COCO

• Options
    maybe I will do pho for lunch that sounds good

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    I am 12'years old

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Delmain wrote: »
    Aioua don't stress about names, I'm horrible at remembering people's names and have grown comfortable with just telling people that up front.

spool17 is the same age as my little brother.

I can not contemplate dealing with someone younger than that.

You certainly don't have to meet the boys, but it'd be difficult to shield you from the younger one if you met the older one.

shit, took out the @ after I posted, sorry Aioua!

Belasco32 on
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular

e408ca37cf0e7448a0bbacf4f7c508ef.jpg

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    Man you guys have a death list? That's super duper creepy.

I used death cause thats what abdy used. It's more like a "if you disappeared, i wouldnt really be sad and actually kind of happy" list

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    I do not wish death on anyone here.

• Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    I swear I'm going to make it to PAX East someday. :cry:

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    PantsB wrote: »

we saw The Hobbit for a second time the other night at The Alamo (local theater with food and beer) and this trailer comes on and the apex is that saber lighting up and the whole crowed snickered.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Mim wrote: »

Many men

Many many many many men

Wish death 'pon me

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular

You are a model forumer.

sig.gif
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular

my legal counsel has suggested that I state that I do not wish death on anyone, either

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular

we saw The Hobbit for a second time the other night at The Alamo (local theater with food and beer) and this trailer comes on and the apex is that saber lighting up and the whole crowed snickered.

Because Star Wars has never been ridiculous before.

• Options
    Gonmun wrote: »

I got my wife to agree to go to a PAX. I am hopeful that she will love it and we will make it a yearly thing but realistically it will probably end up a one time thing.

• Options

I wish that everyone's wildest dreams will come true.

• Options
    except Winky

some of that stuff is p fucked man

• Options
    y2jake215 wrote: »

Many men

Many many many many men

Wish death 'pon me

I was thinking the same thing

• Options

I got my wife to agree to go to a PAX. I am hopeful that she will love it and we will make it a yearly thing but realistically it will probably end up a one time thing.

come to the seattle one next year, I might a) live there or b) be able to attend

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    I guess he was aiming for a similar moment as the prequel's first trailer with the double ended light saber. I feel confident the next one will have a Catherine wheel of light sabers or a curved one or one with a rotating helix shape or something.

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular

I wanted pho but I got kasespatzle instead

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    we will, or I will hunt you down Beatrix Kiddo style

I call bullshit.

sig.gif
  • Options
    sarah has expressed interest before in cosplay, which is kinda shocking because she pretty much hates all nerd stuff

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Delmain wrote: »
    Abdhyius‌

Can you confirm or deny?

http://imgur.com/gallery/Idqf28X

oh and @‌Delmain I can confirm

ftOqU21.png
  • Options

come to the seattle one next year, I might a) live there or b) be able to attend

*takes notes*

• Options
    sarah has expressed interest before in cosplay, which is kinda shocking because she pretty much hates all nerd stuff

Oh no...secret anime wife...

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options

I wish that everyone's wildest dreams will come true.

http://youtu.be/eSMeUPFjQHc

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

Some people just want an excuse to dress up.

• Options

yeah years ago wife was like

hey, maybe it would be cool to go to ComiCon and I was like

uhhhhhhhhh

I'm not sure it's really your scene but hey sounds fun why not

(we didn't end up going though)

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular

I used death cause thats what abdy used. It's more like a "if you disappeared, i wouldnt really be sad and actually kind of happy" list

Here's a totally unrelated picture
    Bush-Rumsfeld-and-Cheney.jpg

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    TehSloth wrote: »

I wanted pho but I got kasespatzle instead

spatzle is delish but pho is p low cal and I am working on my fitness

• Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular

One night the wife and I were mentioning how I need to finally get my passport.

"Yeah...then we should plan a trip to Boston. Been so long since I was in Boston. Maybe sometime in the early spring or something."

"Yeah, that sounds nice."

"Maybe make it a whole weekend or something."

"...wait...this is for you game thing isn't it?!"

>_>

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular

Here's a totally unrelated picture
    Bush-Rumsfeld-and-Cheney.jpg

Cheney clearly just farted.

Look at their faces.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
This discussion has been closed.