Options

The Song of [chat]

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Snow is lame

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    @tav i have been recommending kyle kinane's new special to all my friends

I describe him as a "whiskey-soaked comedy-poet of the mundane"

• Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    since when couldn't you swear in the name of your character in pokemon games

fuckin lame

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Bethryn wrote: »
    When all he had to do was be evil.
    I enjoyed that being evil in that game had so many rewards to it.

Better items, better enchantments, a really truly evil ending.

A really nice inversion of the usual "be evil, you get crappy rewards, and everybody in the town hates you and you possibly have to kill half your quest-givers."

Also, many as one is best character.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    cptrugged wrote: »
    "Marriage Benefits" on taxes.

/scoff

I always got a refund until the day I got married. Then I paid and paid. The negatives on jumping way up tax brackets from being dual income far outweighed any benefit from the married status.

dependents.

Married, single earner, own your home, kids was the magic formula back in the day.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    i know i should go gym but effort!

Can't post to the appropriate timestamp because mobile, but play the pre-battle speech from LotR, Ride of the Rohirrim

A sword day! A red day! Ere the sun rises!

Go lift!

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

/scoff

I always got a refund until the day I got married. Then I paid and paid. The negatives on jumping way up tax brackets from being dual income far outweighed any benefit from the married status.

The benefit is baller as fuck if you're a single income household.
    otherwise, get fucked, poors.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Snow is lame

My car is parked in a garage. This morning I experienced the ultimate in luxury and laughed all the way to work.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    syndalis wrote: »

/scoff

dependents.

Married, single earner, own your home, kids was the magic formula back in the day.

waitaminute. can i claim my wife as a dependant if we go single income?
    how did that never occur to me?

Deebaser on
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Player-B should probably learn to fuck off.

My professional opinion on the pedant challenge.

You're welcome.

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Is witcher 2 combat good? I really wanted to like 1, but the combat was the worst.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Snow is lame

My car is parked in a garage. This morning I experienced the ultimate in luxury and laughed all the way to work.

Mine was in a driveway with 6 other cars and I had to dig it out from ~3 foot drifts twice and shovel the 18 inches of wet plow snow from the bottom of the driveway twice after initial clearing

At least work got cancelled yesteday for like first time in a decade

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Snow is lame

I've been Ubering all week. Getting expensive, but kind of nice not having to drive. Mostly pleasant, though I did get one guy in an old Crown Vic that was obviously a cab driver and on the other end of the spectrum a dude from South Korea wearing a suit and with more enthusiasm than I'm used to seeing anywhere.

At first I was like ugh this guy wants to make conversation but by the end of the ten minute ride I was all "man, have a great day, I hope to see you again!"

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    I did my taxes!

The good news is I'm still getting a new computer.

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »
    Atomika wrote: »
    But GoT is grim for the sake of it.
    This is going to depend on how you interpret "for the sake of it".

Everything in fiction is 'for the sake of it', but that's generally not what we mean when we say the phrase.

The w40k universe is grim for the sake of it. Nobody in that universe is heroic (not even in the books afaik). Everybody is xenophobic, lives are meaningless, horrific monsters and the forces of Evil are generally winning the war.

GoT and Witcher have are grim and bleak in areas, but they are generally realistic universes. They have people trying to do things for moral reasons that resonate with us today, and trying to be good people. They also have cutthroats and rapists and other people doing things because their lives are shit and that's how they have to live.

wat

you must have a wildly different definition of heroic

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Is witcher 2 combat good? I really wanted to like 1, but the combat was the worst.

It was okay. I had some problems once I got to the second area and had got jumped by multiple mobs. You really have to multitask with alchemy shit to keep from getting your ass whooped (There are some mods for the skill tree that make it a little less of a pain)

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    Deebaser wrote: »

/scoff

dependents.

It's built into the rate, but single earner is way better than married filing jointly 2 earners.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

/scoff

dependents.

You can't.

Buuuut...
    But, when you file a return jointly, you and your spouse each receive an exemption from paying taxes on a portion of your income. The exemption is the same amount you would get for a dependent.

What if my spouse and I use a filing status of married filing separately?
    If you’re married filing separately, you can claim an exemption for your spouse if your spouse:

Had no gross income
    Isn’t filing a return, and
    Wasn’t a dependent for another taxpayer, even if the other taxpayer doesn’t actually claim your spouse.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    what about caiaphas cain hero of the imperium hes clearly heroic as fk omg

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular

/scoff

dependents.

No, but you still get the married tax brackets for your single income.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Having a very personable tax filer is a good/bad thing.

The good was it was very relaxed and informal, and the time was enjoyable.

The bad was... the time. At least for our kids. Almost 2 hours.

That and H&R Block has a brand new filing software thing that is incredibly picky, and sometimes stupid.

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular

/scoff

dependents.

ya dude

I basically don't pay any taxes at this point

thank you, fellow chatters

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    Tax time is the best time. Getting big refunds buying lots of things. That's should be the national anthem.

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    do mage/cleric

all the spells

But you don't get 9th level spells forever with a full party.

this is why you murder your party

or just dont go 6 dudes

i never go 6 dudes even if i have a party just because 3 or 4 is mroe sexual

But the banter!

but the STRONK XP and REDUCED MICRO MONOGEMONT

But the micromanagement is the reason to be alive. Might as well just lay in a ditch until you die if you aren't controlling the actions of all 6 people at all times.

Playing DA:O

Turned off combat tactics entirely

I never played with round auto-pause in BG, and yet ironically I'm doing a rednecked version of it here

No regrets

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular

I heard it was a lot better from my bros who played 1. But it was still clunky in my opinion and it took a bit for me to get into the swing of it. Even then, I completely aschewed the magic system cause I found it impossible to work into reagular combat.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    chelle and I have to pay into taxes as "married but pay at the single rate" to keep from owing

Thanks Obama

• Options
    Tax time is the best time. Getting big refunds buying lots of things. That's should be the national anthem.

My wife and I call our tax return "Mom and Dad's Christmas".

Because hohoho

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    _J_ wrote: »
    psyduck2.png

It's the "We support anti-discrimination laws affecting LGBT unless they're based on religious grounds, in which case we totally support them."

I mean, why even draw attention to this? Who does this help?

• Options
    spool32 wrote: »
    chelle and I have to pay into taxes as "married but pay at the single rate" to keep from owing

Thanks Obama

....goddamnit I laughed.

• Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    3BaMgdUl.jpg

This is a section of my train platform this morning. I took this AFTER the first train I saw in 30 minutes showed up. The southbound was already packed as fuck, but people were pushing and jockeying for position like it was the last chopper out of Saigon. The whole scene reminded me of one of those videos of the white gloved attendants shoving Japanese commuters into the cars, except everyone's an asshole.
    my train was pretty empty this morning, i had a seat the whole time and didn't even feel like an asshole for it, way to leave at the wrong time

BEAST! on
    dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    EvigilantEvigilant VARegistered User regular
    I'm doing my taxes and this is the first year of owning my house. So many things, so many questions.

I hope I get a decent amount back so I can buy a fence for the dog.

XBL\PSN\Steam\Origin: Evigilant
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    It is good, but I don't know whether you will like it or not.

It is a much deeper combat system than 1, but it also can take a bit to learn, and it's an action game.
    Elldren wrote: »
    wat

you must have a wildly different definition of heroic
    Everybody ever portrayed as good is doing it out of either dogmatic reverence for their chosen god; they're usually extremely xenophobic to any difference in viewpoint (and their dogmas encourage this).

And the Tau are communist fuckers with their horrible caste system before anybody tries to defend them as the "one good force in the universe."

I mean you could claim anti-hero, but there are very few of the normal redeeming features of anti-heroes to them.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    ChelleYeahChelleYeah Mrs. Ludious Living it up in Cinderella's CastleRegistered User regular
    me: oh hey coworker who does the vba programming to automate this report your code is fubarred fix it
    coworker: oh hit ok and then hit continue in the code window that might work. i'm too lazy to actually look at it and fix it
    me: ...

I post Makeup stuff and Schnauzers on instagram.

I react like a dyslexic crash test dummy. Hit the wall then the brakes.
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Ugh, i am so bad at video game.

what good am i.

*jumps off cliff*

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    witcher 2 combat is more action-y which is probably not what you want skfm

its good tho. i played on the dark difficulty which made the game quite hard because i didn't jump through the hoops to get the broken dark gear but still enjoyed the game

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options

Thanks Obama total cultural devaluation and death rattle of the single income middle class family.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular

Thanks Obama

....goddamnit I laughed.

I want to because Spool, but some people actually believe this shit

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    Guys, I have a friend in NY who's fleeing her home due to abuse by her dad. She's at a shelter now. Is there somewhere I can look online for New York resources for this kind of situation?

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    @tav i have been recommending kyle kinane's new special to all my friends

I describe him as a "whiskey-soaked comedy-poet of the mundane"

@Evil Multifarious‌ He's just the absolute best. I lost my shit at "you've been dancing under your own mortality for the last four hours!"

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Ugh, i am so bad at video game.

what good am i.

*jumps off cliff*

*reappears at top of cliff with slightly less HP*

This discussion has been closed.