[PAX East] The Battle for HothPAX is Over

• Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    well yeah

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Naphtali wrote: »
    @zerzhul maybe you know this

how many more pax easts are already reserved for march besides this one?
    The only exact dates I know right now are the ones that were already posted for 2016.

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    I was catching up on my PA Staff podcasts today and apparently the East situation is a lot like the one that happens with Prime every four years (IIRC, it's a scheduling conflict).

ASimPerson on
  • Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    @Stareosarus was at the first PAX I attended! I really appreciated it too, because hers was the only number I had and I was staying with random people from the room share forum. She directed me to hangouts! Looking forward to seeing her next year.

THIS year however, is going to be a disaster. Otaku, how likely is it we'll even be able to ride public transit to Jillian's?

• Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    Let's just bowl in the hallways of the hotels

It'll be way easier AND cheaper

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Sheri wrote: »

by "bowl", we're talking about doing shots right

I assume the bowling part will just happen organically as the night progresses

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »

by "bowl", we're talking about doing shots right

I assume the bowling part will just happen organically as the night progresses

Right up until somebody puts a hex on you

Good luck bowling then

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Didgeridoo wrote: »
    @Stareosarus was at the first PAX I attended! I really appreciated it too, because hers was the only number I had and I was staying with random people from the room share forum. She directed me to hangouts! Looking forward to seeing her next year.

THIS year however, is going to be a disaster. Otaku, how likely is it we'll even be able to ride public transit to Jillian's?

On that map we looked at earlier Kenmore Station was listed as the last stop open on the green line.

I think we can still get there.

• Options
    The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    rhylith wrote: »
    Didgeridoo wrote: »

On that map we looked at earlier Kenmore Station was listed as the last stop open on the green line.

I think we can still get there.

That map is out of date.

The T is running now basically everywhere underground and most places above ground. The only places where the T currently isn't running is the B line above ground (which doesn't affect us), the Braintree line (which doesn't affect anyone except people staying beyond JFK UMass, which at that point, you may as well be in CT), and like the outermost reaches of the Orange Line (again, does not affect us).

So we're good. We can take the Green Line to Kenmore or Fenway. The options are there.

The Otaku Suppository on
  • Options
    Awesome, thanks for the info!

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Got my badges today!

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    RMED is there an update on the sister situation

I need to know if we need to guard the room against @Brogey

• Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    Challenge accepted!

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    RMED is there an update on the sister situation

I need to know if we need to guard the room against @Brogey

I'll ask her if she got the time off when she gets home from work tonight, and I'll let you know as soon as I know.

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Brogey wrote: »
    Whoooo! 3 weeks out, and I'm so hyped to see you all again! :o

What night are we going to Jillian's? @The Otaku Suppository any ideas for fancy dinner? I'm probably going to freeze to death since I don't have any winter clothes, but I can't wait to see all the snow!

@DrZiplock will you have any free time for festivities this PAX?

Also, I'm probably staying at the Omni Parker again, so hopefully will be having a Boston Cream every night. *drool*

You should probably get some boots first and foremost. And then probably an elk-skin parka and ice pick and sherpa. Because at the rate we keep getting snow, I don't think there's going to be a city. You'll have to get around by dog sled.

You think I'm kidding, but seriously, there is about 80+ inches on the ground at this point that hasn't gone anywhere since it's fallen since it's never gotten above freezing. The "snow farms" where the snow can be dumped are basically full and we just got like a foot today and it's about -8 outside. And we're supposed to get more Tuesday and possibly next Sunday.

Also, yes, I have an idea for a dinner in the works.
    Ok, I bought a bunch of winter clothes last weekend so I should be alright. Jacket, shoes (didn't find boots I felt comfy in, so maybe still looking for those), base-layers, thermal pants, beanie, gloves, and socks. UNIQLO is having a huge sale, so I hope their HeatTech Extra Warm line works as advertised!

I'm going to claim you as our sherpa again, because you're the best. (I was mostly kidding during the first EastPAX during the walks to and from fancy dinner when we threatened to gut you like a tauntaun and use you for warmth, Bill was far more serious! :P )

I can't wait to hear your plan for Fancy Dinner!

• Options
    Also I for real need a new winter coat

But all the department stores are ready for spring

Goddamnit Florida
    I went jacket hunting at REI, Adventure16, and Patagonia, but in the end I just bought one from Macy's because they still had a decent selection and were having a 60 - 70% sale (because who knows how often I'll wear this again.)

• Options
    Brogey wrote: »
    Ok, I bought a bunch of winter clothes last weekend so I should be alright. Jacket, shoes (didn't find boots I felt comfy in, so maybe still looking for those), base-layers, thermal pants, beanie, gloves, and socks. UNIQLO is having a huge sale, so I hope their HeatTech Extra Warm line works as advertised!

I'm going to claim you as our sherpa again, because you're the best. (I was mostly kidding during the first EastPAX during the walks to and from fancy dinner when we threatened to gut you like a tauntaun and use you for warmth, Bill was far more serious! :P )

I can't wait to hear your plan for Fancy Dinner!

Make sure you are able to take off enough stuff to be relatively comfortable inside, though! I made that mistake when I first moved out to this wintery hellscape. Stuff that will keep me alive outside will make me die of heat stroke indoors, unless I have layers I can remove.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    You may also want to bring a thin pair of gloves as well, something you can easily stow in your pockets

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I always recommend short sleeves indoors because most places have heat.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    There's a sticky now in the East section for posting and keeping up to date about transportation updates in boston http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/196618/the-boston-snow-situation-transportation-the-city-and-you#latest

• Options
    New jacket arrived. With a hoodie or long sleeve on its fine. Tshirt only it's a little big but that's expected. Should keep me toasty.

Gonna just roll w my regular boots and just be careful walking around.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    At least this year all the PAX scarves will get used.

(why do I buy these every year when I live in the south?)

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    My passes got here today. Yay.
    A bunch of fuckers scheduled meetings into my pre-pax Thursday that was marked off. Boo.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I think I've hit my quota on scarves.

• Options
    cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    Winter gear for me is always the perpetual struggle between "deal with being cold" or "deal with storing heavy coats once you get inside", so far this year I've gone with being cold and I've been wearing mostly a tshirt and a hoodie all winter long in Rochester NY

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    I got a super warm ski jacket with a removable fleece lining that doubles as a lighter jacket, so I figure I'm gonna bring that with me for warmth and shove the outer layer in my backpack if it's too warm inside.

• Options
    Goose! wrote: »
    I think I've hit my quota on scarves.

Does not compute

• Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    cabsy wrote: »
    Winter gear for me is always the perpetual struggle between "deal with being cold" or "deal with storing heavy coats once you get inside", so far this year I've gone with being cold and I've been wearing mostly a tshirt and a hoodie all winter long in Rochester NY

I'm from the same city and good god, HOW?!

• Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Although granted I live somewhat close to the lake and I am somewhat biased against the cold 100% of the time.

But still!

• Options
    I need to make an item for the giveaway for my panel

I am out of nerdy ideas

Also motivation

• Options
    Hit the mall. Scored several nice long sleeves perfect for layering.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    That is good advice! The convention center itself is likely to be warm, so you may want to dress in layers.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Yeah, I've got a handful of tshirts, plus the long sleeves, plus my hoodie plus the coat plus gloves and a knit hat and scarves.

Lower limbs will have to fend for themselves.

• Options
  • Options
    The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I've got a handful of tshirts, plus the long sleeves, plus my hoodie plus the coat plus gloves and a knit hat and scarves.

Some long johns will serve you well son. Eddie Bauer, LL Bean etc. carries some.

• Options
    Hope yer dick doesn't freeze off
    Your concern is noted

• Options
    In the spreadsheet

• Options

Some long johns will serve you well son. Eddie Bauer, LL Bean etc. carries some.

Can I get the kind with the buttoned butt flap

• Options
    yo geth's got his eye on your frozen dick