Options

Dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun, Hitler and [Chat]!

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    I am kinda surprised about coup being a word that baffles people. It's in the news on a regular basis, I'd have thought. Does US news say something else? Like 'government overthrow'?

No, we use the word "coup" it's just that people are wholly disengaged from the news and generally terrible.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    I am kinda surprised about coup being a word that baffles people. It's in the news on a regular basis, I'd have thought. Does US news say something else? Like 'government overthrow'?

I believe they call it the "nothing to do with us, we swear" section of the news.

Now Playing:
    Celeste [Switch] - She'll be wrestling with inner demons when she comes...
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    James Bond to fight evil organisation named ZOMBIE, because "what's a Spectre"?

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Man, some executive somewhere must have fought tooth and claw to make sure that The Quantum Of Solace remain unchanged.

And look what they got for their troubles - a bunch of yahoos going, "Bleeh, the name doesn't make sense, bleeeh"

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Highlander 3: The Sorcerer was renamed to The Magician for the European release, because execs thought audiences would think it was a movie about UFOs.

• Options
    Man, some executive somewhere must have fought tooth and claw to make sure that The Quantum Of Solace remain unchanged.

And look what they got for their troubles - a bunch of yahoos going, "Bleeh, the name doesn't make sense, bleeeh"

The entire movie was worth it just to get Joe Cornish's take on the theme tune.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6CoNUE5Zho

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    One ping only, Vasily.

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Aliens has the power loader. So clearly it's the better movie.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    I was reading a thread else where about the bleakest/most fucked up apocalypse in fiction.

And I just read the plot of I have no mouth, and I must scream. Yea noooooooooooooooooooooope.

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    cant stop chewing nails
    laced with poison
    still didnt stop
    please send urgk hurk
    dead

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone was renamed to Philosopher's Stone for the UK release to grab that teen symposium-going crowd who were hoping to see a film about Kant and Socrates, not some guff about a magic castle

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    Heh.
    During filming in Montreal, two local punk rockers with Mohawk hairdos were hired as extras for a scene wherein they were to attempt mugging the newly awakened Kane (Van Peebles) in a dark alley. The two were paid a nominal fee, thanked for their services before shooting and the scene was dropped from the movie after they were seen taking drugs on the set and overheard plotting to kidnap Mario Van Peebles by driving away in the make-up RV with him in it.

• Options
    Echo wrote: »
    Highlander 3: The Sorcerer was renamed to The Magician for the European release, because execs thought audiences would think it was a movie about UFOs.

The best ones are always where the executive thought people were essentially too stupid to function. Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone becoming Sorcerer's Stone in the US, Or The Madness Of George III becoming The Madness Of King George because someone thought audiences would think it was a sequel. That last one may be a myth, but I like to think it's true.

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    I was reading a thread else where about the bleakest/most fucked up apocalypse in fiction.

And I just read the plot of I have no mouth, and I must scream. Yea noooooooooooooooooooooope.

Too lazy to look it up on my phone, what's the deal?

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    the reason Quantum of Solace doesn't make any sense as a title is that it's the title of an otherwise unrelated bond short story

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Organichu wrote: »
    One ping only, Vasily.

No, Captain. I have changed my mind and do not wish to live in Montana any more.

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    The biggest problem with self tying shoes is cost. Nobody wants to pay that much for shoes.

Then science should make people that want to pay that much for shoes. Check mate, science.

I am a sciencetician and I have invented a new breed of people who all have expensive tastes.

Twist: They all buy gaudy shit that's classless and overexpensive.

Was Notch the first person you made?

• Options
    Film is dead to me. No movie can be as good as breaking bad so I stopped watching them.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    My gin arrived. It's in the fanciest box.

If I want another bottle making it's ninety quid though

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options

Too lazy to look it up on my phone, what's the deal?

Supercomputer AI has wiped out all humanity, except the protagonists, whom the computer torments.
    There is no bright light at the end of the tunnel.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options

It's incredibly dark.

• Options
    Film is dead to me. No movie can be as good as breaking bad so I stopped watching them.

Yeah, last night I was rambling on Facebook about how great it is. I mean, this scene.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone was renamed to Philosopher's Stone for the UK release to grab that teen symposium-going crowd who were hoping to see a film about Kant and Socrates, not some guff about a magic castle

In Alabama, the book is called Billy Wizard and the Devil's magic rock

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Breaking Bad was a fantastic show but I really doubt I will ever rewatch it

I think a lot was tied up in wanting to see what happened next

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015

It's a super short story. Any synopsis that does it justice is going to be at least 10% of the complete text

Deebaser on
  • Options
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Breaking Bad was a fantastic show but I really doubt I will ever rewatch it

I think a lot was tied up in wanting to see what happened next

I have watched it 4 times. It holds up extremely well on repeat viewings. Ozymandias is probably the best hour of film I have ever seen in any medium. The phone call with Skyler at the end. My god.

• Options
    Echo wrote: »

Yeah, last night I was rambling on Facebook about how great it is. I mean, this scene.

The camera work in that scene is as good as camera work gets.

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    It's The Matrix-ish but, IIRC,
    humanity is double-triple-mega already screwed.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    I liked Breaking Bad, mostly, but I got a strong sense that they were always making up each new plot turn by the seat of their pants. And I dislike it when shows give me that impression. It also wore me down that almost literally everyone in the show was a jerk.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    I loved Breaking Bad as well. But I agree that I doubt I'll watch it again unless for some reason my wife decides she wants to see it. But then again, there are only very few shows I've watched all the way through more than once. B5, TNG, Firefly.

• Options
    I rewatch shows all the time. I have watched the office, parks and rec, arrested development, Breaking Bad, Archer, Community, 24 (early seasons), the wire and saved by the bell all the way through multiple times.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Waiting at the cac office. They have CNN on. The stupidity hurts me.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    There's actually a ton of thought going into almost every aspect of Breaking Bad.

That chemist guy, Gale Whatshisface that assists Walt? He likes to sing.

He sings a song about a greedy bald cook.

Echo on
  • Options
    6s6cx9q.jpg

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »
    So P10, the 2nd Gig episode I would know when I saw it: I'ma say you meant the one where Motoko walks around naked for a while and then propositions a street urchin.

I am something like 90% sure that this is the one you meant.
    yes thats the one

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »
    I liked Breaking Bad, mostly, but I got a strong sense that they were always making up each new plot turn by the seat of their pants. And I dislike it when shows give me that impression. It also wore me down that almost literally everyone in the show was a jerk.

On the contrary, I appreciated how the character development changed my perception of the earlier seasons.

• Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    One ping only, Vasily.

No, Captain. I have changed my mind and do not wish to live in Montana any more.

It's the bloody cook.

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Be careful some things in thish [chat] won't react well to bullets.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    What if they shend shome ... Buckaroo?

Bogart on
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    a coup is a type of car

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
This discussion has been closed.