As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I'm Not Sorry [Feminism]

• Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    I watched one episode of Castle and was confused about why they decided to remake Murder She Wrote with Nathan Fillion, but I guess that's their business.

Possibly because Murder, She Wrote was amazing and deserves to always be honored in television

• Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    Sheri wrote: »
    Artreus wrote: »
    Noisymunk wrote: »
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    I stopped watching Castle once they actually started dating

What even is the POINT

Because an eternity of will they or won't they is the absolute worst.

Because people can have a close working relationship and friendship without romantic overtones, and you can have a compelling TV show without it. So far Elementary has done a really friggin' great job with this.

But they didn't do that at aallll

wait they didn't?

This is what I get for only watching it when literally NOTHING ELSE IS ON

oh no I mean Castle didn't even try to have a platonic friendship there

I dont know nothin about Elementary

Also maan I haven't seen any Castle anything in years

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    If there's a game where I can recall certain moments in perfect, vivid clarity, it's probably DayZ though

Sorry, WoW!

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Noisymunk wrote: »
    I stopped watching Castle once they actually started dating

What even is the POINT

Because an eternity of will they or won't they is the absolute worst.

Because people can have a close working relationship and friendship without romantic overtones, and you can have a compelling TV show without it. So far Elementary has done a really friggin' great job with this.

They sure can! And Elementary is absolutely fantastic, and I'd probably stop watching if they made Joan and Sherlock a couple.

But Castle had romantic overtones from the start. The show was built around will-they-or-won't-they. From the very first episode. Castle and Beckett's relationship was a thing from day one.

It's apples and oranges to compare the relationship on Elementary and the relationship on Castle. They've been two entirely different things every step of the way.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Boss lady called me in to unironically talk about the beauty of a graveyard near an old insane asylum. I had to adjust
    Liiya wrote: »
    I need a high level eligible bachelor.

Depending on your definitions of high, level and eligible, there still isn't any appropriate or even polite way for me to end this sentence in this thread! *smoke bomb*

Edit: Great, a draft got in there as well. Just great. Great.

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Chaos reigns

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Peter Ebel wrote: »
    Boss lady called me in to unironically talk about the beauty of a graveyard near an old insane asylum. I had to adjust

Depending on your definitions of high, level and eligible, there still isn't any appropriate or even polite way for me to end this sentence in this thread! *smoke bomb*

Yeah, well it's a pretty great draft, so thanks for leaving it in. Sounds like the start to one of those collaborative story things.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Graveyards can be super pretty though! Pretty much anything that was used a graveyard in the Victorian era ended up getting made out to be what was essentially parkland with a bunch of headstones everywhere. Where they show up in cities they're effectively green space, typically very peaceful places with big, old, shady trees. A graveyard can be a fantastic place to sit down and read a book outside on a warm summer's day. And there's history there too, where you can sometimes see bits of the story of a city on the tombstones and monuments.

Shadowhope on
    Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Graveyards can be super pretty though! Pretty much anything that was used a graveyard in the Victorian era ended up getting made out to be what was essentially parkland with a bunch of headstones everywhere. Where they show up in cities they're effectively green space, typically very peaceful places with big, old, shady trees. A graveyard can be a fantastic place to sit down and read a book outside on a warm summer's day. And there's history there too, where you can sometimes see bits of the story of a city on the tombstones and monuments.
    Agreed!

One day I might get to design a graveyard, and I think that would be a wonderful project.

• Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015

Totally! I love graveyards as recreational space, but it was more about me being in a different mind space. I was focussed on something specific and she talked about this nice graveyard by a lake in the forest where the affluent buried their embarrassing mentally ill relatives in and how wonderful of a place she thought it was and how it must be particularly beautiful in the spring. I stammered out something incoherent in an attempt to seem like a person capable of speaking. Can't say I succeeded.

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular

Yeah, well it's a pretty great draft, so thanks for leaving it in. Sounds like the start to one of those collaborative story things.

I just thought hereally liked graveyards and it was so beautiful he had to "adjust"

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Agreed!

One day I might get to design a graveyard, and I think that would be a wonderful project.

Just ah, make sure it has walls.

They don't have to be big walls. Just that there's walls. And a gate. It needs to be fully enclosed.

It's not about keeping people out. . .

Shadowhope on
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Murder She Wrote holds up, imo

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    If there's a game where I can recall certain moments in perfect, vivid clarity, it's probably DayZ though

Sorry, WoW!

I didn't play enough of DayZ, but yeah that game had some seriously intense moments where I was glued to my monitor with absolute concentration. Adrenaline pumping as I went sneaking through the woods away from a group of other players that were trying to hunt me, or running pell-mell through Elektro looking for some medical supplies to help a dying friend on the outskirts, or having the same friend take potshots at a passing helicopter that came back and offloaded a group of well-geared players that proceeded to annihilate us, or my friend and I crouching in the traffic control tower in the northwest airfield when the door opens suddenly and there's three guys there and we all freeze up before we all frantically unload our weapons and somehow my friend and I came out unscathed while everyone else was dead and that's how we got our first car.

Goddamn, I gotta hit my friend up and see if he wants to play again.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Agreed!

They don't have to be big walls. Just that there's walls. And a gate. It needs to be fully enclosed.

Cremate the body, then mix the ashes into a block of wet cement. It's the only way to be sure.

sig.gif
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    Agreed!

Cremate the body, then mix the ashes into a block of wet cement. It's the only way to be sure.

Or mix them into cement and pour several blocks and then use them to build buildings across the globe.

Wait, no, that's how haunted buildings get made

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    I've had a draft regarding GG sitting here for like 10 minutes and I just can't bring myself to post it

I can't

• Options
  • Options
    Darmak wrote: »
    Agreed!

Or mix them into cement and pour several blocks and then use them to build buildings across the globe.

I feel like this needs to be the plot of a TV show.

Some lunatic collects the bodies of people executed for horrified crimes, mixes them into buildings under construction so that the buildings are built haunted from day one. A team of kick-ass nuns travel to these places, busting those ghosts, and searching for clues as to the identity of the diabolical demon-possessed person behind it all.

• Options
    ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    I stumbled across this thread today, read through it all.

Learning a lot.

That is all, carry on about your business

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    I watched one episode of Castle and was confused about why they decided to remake Murder She Wrote with Nathan Fillion, but I guess that's their business.

Possibly because Murder, She Wrote was amazing and deserves to always be honored in television

(the youtube version was taken down because the world is a cruel place)

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Not Grey Ghost of course

He's cool

Bullshit

• Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    Guys this thread is already 1/3rd done, in four days. :C

I need feminism because we have too much to talk about.

• Options
    Darmak wrote: »
    Agreed!

I feel like this needs to be the plot of a TV show.

Some lunatic collects the bodies of people executed for horrified crimes, mixes them into buildings under construction so that the buildings are built haunted from day one. A team of kick-ass nuns travel to these places, busting those ghosts, and searching for clues as to the identity of the diabolical demon-possessed person behind it all.

Excuse me?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
    Maybe its just me man. Bit I have never understood why people are so concerned about other people's sexy bits.

Like, you want to be transgender? Is that what you need to do to be happy in this world? Go for it. Do it. I just can't wrap my head around bigotry like this.

Of course I can never wrap my head around any bigotry.

• Options
    I'm just going to say

Ben Kuchera is REALLY MAD on Twitter right now

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Parental leave:
    there's all sorts of provisos and rules, but it basically goes
    Unpaid leave: both parents are entitled to 1 year unpaid leave that can be taken sequentially or concurrently, plus a couple of weeks at the time of birth.
    Paid leave: Only the mother has an entitlement to paid leave, except in the case of adoption. Currently this is 14 weeks, but is increasing to 16 then 18 weeks in the next few years. I have no idea whether this is 100% or a flat rate or minimum wage, because Jen's unemployed.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    I'm just going to say

Is this a good thing or a bad thing? I don't know who he is.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    I'm just going to say

It's pretty great.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    I'm just going to say

Is this a good thing or a bad thing? I don't know who he is.

I would read the posts and decide for yourself!

Beforewarned, it involves GamerGate

So you know what you're getting into

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    I, uh, don't quite understand what removing links would do, but alright.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    JohnHamJohnHam Registered User regular
    The person he's angry with (and who posted a lengthy, waffley defense of GG) is the Director of Digital Communications for Electronic fuckin' Arts!

signature.png

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    It's irritating that Electronic Arts has a company name so close to my own.

• Options
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    I just got tweeted at by someone named MainsplainingBot who advertises themselves as an Anti-SJW twitter person

I'm speechless

Or I would be if I weren't laughing

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    JohnHam wrote: »
    The person he's angry with (and who posted a lengthy, waffley defense of GG) is the Director of Digital Communications for Electronic fuckin' Arts!

Yeah, that kinda changes it. The Fuck?

• Options
    Electronic... Farts?

DAMMIT SHERI YOU STOLE THIS JOKE FROM MY BRIAN

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Stilts wrote: »
    Electronic... Farts?

DAMMIT SHERI YOU STOLE THIS JOKE FROM MY BRIAN

ALSO MY BRAIN

BUT BRIAN IS PRETTY SAD YOU STOLE FROM HIM, TOO

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    Come on, EA, don't be terrible

BioWare games are pretty much the only ones I buy at this point, don't ruin this for me

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I'm kinda sick of how upset people get over folks using the block function

it shouldn't get as much flak as it does

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
This discussion has been closed.