As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Steam] cleared and from the City Skyline you can see Ori out in the forest.

• Options
    shdwcastershdwcaster South DakotaRegistered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    Oh shit

Indiana Jones and the Emperors Tomb is on GOG now

Are all these Lucasarts games GOG exclusive or will they eventually come to Steam?

Edit: Eh doesn't matter - BOUGHT for $6.

Wildly underrated game.

More to the point, Outlaws in on GoG. This is the same engine as Dark Forces, used to make a spaghetti western FPS. One of the few old west FPS games ever made, and still one of the best.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Bigity wrote: »
    anoffday wrote: »
    Man I played the crap out of RCT back in the day. I want the new one to be good but it looks worse everyday.

I had a park called 'Pukeville' and every ride was configured in such a way to produce the maximum vomit mass.

It was glorious.

My crown jewel was a ride called the "FanDangle", which was a suspended, belly down rollercoaster.

Also, I got rid of those pesky safety inspectors.

My park didn't last very long.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Man. that's a pretty good sale for 2K. A sale on the entire 2K catalog.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    So I think I missed most of this chapter of the thread. Any gems?

• Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    jclast wrote: »
    WE HAVE WINNERS!
    Nobody on my friends list has these wishlisted. Open to general PA group - enjoy!

signature.png
    @BigDes

signature.png
    @Gear Girl

signature.png
    @Jazz

signature.png
    @Gear Girl

signature.png
    @CuvisTheConqueror

Check your email or SteamGifts. BigDes yours went to your email. Let me know if you don't have it and I can send a PM instead. Gear Girl one of yours went to your email. Same deal, if you don't see it let me know and I will resend. Congratulations!

Awesome, thank you

Been curious about Montague's Mount for a while now

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    New Humble Bundle is worth it for Road Not Taken alone. I have it on PS4 through PS+ and now I own it forever. I'm also pretty excited to try The Nightmare Cooperative.

$1.00
    Vertical Drop Heroes HD
    A Wizard's Lizard
    The Nightmare Cooperative

BTA
    Road Not Taken
    Delver (Early Access)

$8.00
    Heavy Bullets

EDIT: Is Humble still just giving keys or will the button tie the games to my account again?
    ANSWER: Still just keys, in case anybody else was also curious.

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Awesome this post if you already own everything you could possibly want from 2k games.

edit: okay, ace patrol, but that's it. And I'm taking down beyond earth from my wishlist due to it not being as good as Alpha Centauri.....I need to actually terraform once in that game.

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Nah. I'm missing pretty much all the new stuff that I want to get. Kinda annoyed it's coming out NOW, seeing as I just bought a new computer and don't have the extra funds for that kinda stuff. I always have the worst timing. THE WORST TIMING.

Ah well. New computer is more important anyway.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    State of Decay got a patch today. I wonder is it just to remove all the hidden dicks?

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    @Drake, do you have an opinion on Smugglers V?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    That 2K 10th Anniversary bundle is insane. That's a lot of value for $50. :o

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Awesome this post if you already own everything you could possibly want from 2k games.

edit: okay, ace patrol, but that's it. And I'm taking down beyond earth from my wishlist due to it not being as good as Alpha Centauri.....I need to actually terraform once in that game.

Maybe Bordelands TPS, at best, but I'd wait for GOTY there (and actually finishing BL2 and all the DLC I already own.) Everything else is, most likely, backlogged.

Drovek on
    steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    What's the full list of the 2K bundle? I can't see it at work.

• Options
    Madican wrote: »

Bioshock 1 + 2 + Infinite
    Borderlands 1 + 2
    Civilization III + IV + V + extras
    Duke Nukem Forever
    Mafia 2
    Sid Meier's Pirates
    Sid Meier's Railroads
    Ace Patrol + Pacific Skies
    Spec Ops
    The Bureau
    The Darkness 2
    XCOM: EU

$49.99

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Drovek wrote: »

Maybe Bordelands TPS, at best, but I'd wait for GOTY there (and actually finishing BL2 and all the DLC I already own.) Everything else is, most likely, backlogged.

You quote my post and immleman me with Ace Combat and Ace Combat: Pacific Skies?

What's next? You tell me they've made a 3D sequel involving Macross/Robotech and Harmony Gold isn't fucking over the rest of the planet's fanbase?

Thanks, though. Really wanted this.

• Options
    What's next? You tell me they've made a 3D sequel involving Macross/Robotech and Harmony Gold isn't fucking over the rest of the planet's fanbase?

Shit, I would kill for that.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    Just let me have a Maurader in MechWarrior again, ya fucks.

Well... since the only MechWarrior game nowadays is some F2P multiplayer-only nonsense, maybe it doesn't matter anyway.

• Options
    What I want is that PS3 time warp Macross open world game to come out in the states. Nostalgia would make me acquire a PS3 for that.

PC version would be preferred but, eh.

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular

Borderlands 1 + 2
    Duke Nukem Forever
    Mafia 2
    Sid Meier's Pirates
    Sid Meier's Railroads
    Spec Ops
    The Bureau
    The Darkness 2

$49.99

I vaguely remember a time when I used to pay more than this for a single game.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Bigity wrote: »
    anoffday wrote: »
    Man I played the crap out of RCT back in the day. I want the new one to be good but it looks worse everyday.

I had a park called 'Pukeville' and every ride was configured in such a way to produce the maximum vomit mass.

It was glorious.

My crown jewel was a ride called the "FanDangle", which was a suspended, belly down rollercoaster.

Also, I got rid of those pesky safety inspectors.

My park didn't last very long.

As much fun as RCT is, and I believe the descriptor 'hella' is appropriate here, I still miss Disney's Coaster. I built a coaster I called Maelstrom. The track went up to the highest point you could raise it and then it spiraled down to the ground in seven or eight ever tighter circles.

I can't build that in RCT.

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    I'm not a mecha fan by any stretch, but doing just a cursory search on the properties of both Mechwarrior and Robotech, it appears that the current owners are a bunch of goosey geese geesers.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

Borderlands 1 + 2
    Duke Nukem Forever
    Mafia 2
    Sid Meier's Pirates
    Sid Meier's Railroads
    Spec Ops
    The Bureau
    The Darkness 2

$49.99

Thanks.

Huh, looks like I own pretty much everything on the list I wanted already.

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    New Humble Bundle is worth it for Road Not Taken alone. I have it on PS4 through PS+ and now I own it forever. I'm also pretty excited to try The Nightmare Cooperative.

$1.00
    Vertical Drop Heroes HD
    A Wizard's Lizard
    The Nightmare Cooperative

BTA
    Road Not Taken
    Delver (Early Access)

$8.00
    Heavy Bullets

EDIT: Is Humble still just giving keys or will the button tie the games to my account again?
    ANSWER: Still just keys, in case anybody else was also curious.

Delver was a pretty fun game when I got it in December of 2013. Looks like it's still in early access. When I played it, it was a fairly nice-looking first person roguelike with a Doom/Hexen aesthetic. I played it for a few minutes before making this post and it looks like they added a few things, like lighting. I actually needed to use a candle to see a bit further ahead of me; I don't remember needing a torch or anything like that in the earlier version of the game. They also changed the trap tiles from a funny-looking placeholder texture on the floor to an actual raised tile that sinks into the floor and triggers a trap. When I finally beat the game, I didn't really feel like playing through it again, which is unfortunate, but I got a few hours out of it at least.

Heavy Bullets is pretty cool, and hard as shit.

• Options
    HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    Evolve got a decent price cut but not enough to put it in my "MUST BUY NAO!" range.

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• Options
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    I'm not a mecha fan by any stretch, but doing just a cursory search on the properties of both Mechwarrior and Robotech, it appears that the current owners are a bunch of goosey geese geesers.

Harmony Gold, sure. But really, PGI has been doing solid work with Mechwarrior: Online, especially since leaving their publisher and going the self-pub route midway through last year. It's no single-player Mechwarrior 5, but it's a solid, team-based online mech combat game.

I can't speak to the evolution of the table-top game, but they seem to be ticking along all right too.

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    I'm under the impression that it was the opposite, and MWO players seem keen on describing how terrible PGI is, to the point of having smug satisfaction when their Transverse crowdfunding bombed terribly.

• Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    I'm probably late to the party on this, but Hero of the Kingdom is such a great game. And should be added to the one handed parent player. (mom or dad). It is simple, yet so addictive.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    Zxerol wrote: »
    I'm under the impression that it was the opposite, and MWO players seem keen on describing how terrible PGI is, to the point of having smug satisfaction when their Transverse crowdfunding bombed terribly.

I got out of MWO early because of how they handled some stuff, including removing a normal mech to make way for a premium mech. That, coupled with their (IMO) insane pricing of the mechs, didn't really leave me wanting much to do with them.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular

Yeah, that's pretty much reversed course - in part, I think, because of how badly Transverse did.

Around the same time, PGI took on the MW license themselves, rather than through their publisher IGP, and pretty much immediately set about making improvements.

There are a lot of, for lack of a better term, bitter vets out there, but the game itself is in a stronger place than its ever been: PGI routinely runs events with sane rules and good payouts for participation, they've released the first cut of Community Warfare, they've revamped a lot of older 'mechs that had been left behind in terms of usefulness, game client performance is much improved, the free 'mechs that everyone has access to are now all (C)hampion* builds instead of stock loadouts ...

If you're interested in it at all, now isn't a bad time to try it out.

Champion builds are regular 'mechs that you can buy for real-money currency that provide a permanent bonus to XP gained. They are otherwise identical to the normal mech of that type, except that they come with a community-designed loadout, rather than stock loadouts. They therefore usually perform much better out of the gate than stock mechs.

E.g., you can buy a Centurion CN9-A stock 'mech, which comes with single heatsinks, a mid-range engine, a single big gun, a couple of lasers, and some long range missile. Or, you can buy the CN9-A(C) champion 'mech, which comes a much more powerful engine and double heatsinks (a nontrivial and fairly expensive improvement, but one which you want on all your mechs anyway); two more powerful, shorter-range lasers; and then swaps the long-range missiles for a lot of short-range, unguided rockets that you have to aim but which pack a bigger punch. You also get an XP bonus when driving the (C).

But, and here's the important part, apart from the XP bonus, there's nothing stopping you from fitting out your regular CN9-A with the exact same loadout as the -A(C). You just need to buy the parts - all of which are available for in-game currency.

• Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular

I got out of MWO early because of how they handled some stuff, including removing a normal mech to make way for a premium mech. That, coupled with their (IMO) insane pricing of the mechs, didn't really leave me wanting much to do with them.

Well, the Centurion AH got added back in recently at least.

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    Drake, do you have an opinion on Smugglers V?

I have spent practically zero time with it, so not right now. Sorry Archy.

Drake on
  • Options
    edited March 2015

I think it's important to note that every [regular*] mech in the game is available for free.

When they are first released, they go through a (relatively short) period where they're only available for real money, but then shortly afterwards they transition and you can buy them with in-game currency.

The only things that cannot be bought with in-game currency are mech bays (e.g., how many mechs you can own at any given time; $3? ... each, preordering mechpacks gives them to you for free, they're given away as part of events, and they occasionally go on-sale), premium time (+50% XP, +50% in-game money), and premium 'mechs (split between Champions, discussed above, and Heroes, discussed below).

As far as free-to-play goes, it's remarkably non-nickle-and-diming.

* Thanks, @shdwcaster - I forgot that wrinkle when writing this up. I even mentioned them a few posts up! :D

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    PoseidonPoseidon Registered User regular
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Poseidon wrote: »

Region locked to South America, though.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    If I only played borderlands 1 to about the point where that chest run town is and the area past it, but generally enjoyed the gameplay, would bl2 be worth checking out?

• Options
    Not content with hanging around being a classy bard, @Iolo has decided that he needs to encourage me to take the Road Not Taken, which I think is in the running to be the cutest roguelike ever.

I mean, seriously - check this stuff out:

C5C4B8E2223D00CB6D0DFC337B28BE588766B379
    51A2FA9C5F99A5314ACE49B0B5AAECE456288D89

Thanks, Iolo!

• Options
    Elvenshae wrote: »

I think it's important to note that every mech in the game is available for free.

When they are first released, they go through a (relatively short) period where they're only available for real money, but then shortly afterwards they transition and you can buy them with in-game currency.

The only things that cannot be bought with in-game currency are mech bays (e.g., how many mechs you can own at any given time; $3? ... each, preordering mechpacks gives them to you for free, they're given away as part of events, and they occasionally go on-sale) and premium time (+50% XP, +50% in-game money).

As far as free-to-play goes, it's remarkably non-nickle-and-diming.

Technically, there are two other things that can't be purchased with in-game currency: Premium (Hero) mechs, and Champion mechs. Neither of these are vital. Hero mechs give you a 30% bonus to your in-game currency earnings, while Champions give you a bonus to the speed at which you earn Mech XP, which are used for unlocking minor improvements to your mech in a World of Tanks style skill tree.

Champions are literally just alternate loadouts of a standard, purchasable for C-Bills, chassis, and even share a skill tree with the chassis they're derived from. PGI has also started giving them out as weekend event rewards from time to time. So far they've done this for the Centurion, Cataphract, Victor, and Raven.

Heroes are have their own skill tree, a unique paint scheme, different hard-points, and occasionally cosmetically different geometry, however none are especially superior to other mechs of the same chassis that are purchasable for C-Bills. They're usually a case of doing something slightly different, but not necessarily better, than other mechs.

• Options
    If I only played borderlands 1 to about the point where that chest run town is and the area past it, but generally enjoyed the gameplay, would bl2 be worth checking out?

I never got more than a few hours into BL1.

I adored BL2 and put more than 100 hours into it.

FWIW.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    PoseidonPoseidon Registered User regular
    Poseidon wrote: »

Region locked to South America, though.
    They say the purchase can be made using VPN and the keys are ROW.

• Options
    ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular

I never got more than a few hours into BL1.

I adored BL2 and put more than 100 hours into it.

FWIW.

If you enjoyed BL1, I would definitely say yes to BL2. About the only thing that the first game does better is weapon drops. You can get some great stuff randomly in the first game.

The sequel does almost everything better.

That said I'm playing through the first game again because it's been a while and it's still a lot of fun. They're all great :)

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.