As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] It's good to know that we can dream more than once. (U18 is out!)

• Options
    kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    You can shoot out of frosts bubble, and collect loot, half of the enemy's that enter the bubble will be frozen solid if you use the correct augment. It also prevents shots from entering, and if the range is set correctly, you won't get hit by blasts from explosives. Those enemy's that actually do enter will be slowed as well.

It's just all in all better.

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    kralizecc wrote: »
    You can shoot out of frosts bubble, and collect loot, half of the enemy's that enter the bubble will be frozen solid if you use the correct augment. It also prevents shots from entering, and if the range is set correctly, you won't get hit by blasts from explosives. Those enemy's that actually do enter will be slowed as well.

The globe can be destroyed.

The limbo sphere also provides massive energy regen to people in it.

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    sev, you love everything with your pee-pee.

Even Limbo

What is not to love about Limbo?

The only thing lovable about limbo is his agile animation apparently, though I don't use it because of the taint the frame leaves.

What's wrong with Limbo?

He has support powers, but all of them are sub par versions of similar powers other frames have, not to mention that his support abilities bone the team while providing their weak sauce.

There's no functional reason to use him outside of soloing or trolling. He makes a GREAT troll, not that I condone such behavior, but it happens. He's also got a great personal damage boost ability, you can get some pretty crazy numbers going with a good weapon and his #3. You can totally control your own personal battlefield in a solo mission without totally screwing your team. Riftwalking, inviting individual enemy's in to fight with you, power up #3 and go to town.
    If you do that in a group, you really just add an enemy nobody else can hit, or make it so they can hit it, but nothing else, and not pick up loot etc.

He's just a bad bad frame, and folks who use him should feel bad. He brings nothing to the table that other frames don't already do better, and he screws other team mates in the process.

could not disagree more in any possible way.He is byfar the best support in the game just because he can control the battlefield. Not to mention he can make any channel infinet.
    Nonsense. Trinity is best support.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular

Even Limbo

The only thing lovable about limbo is his agile animation apparently, though I don't use it because of the taint the frame leaves.

What's wrong with Limbo?

He has support powers, but all of them are sub par versions of similar powers other frames have, not to mention that his support abilities bone the team while providing their weak sauce.

There's no functional reason to use him outside of soloing or trolling. He makes a GREAT troll, not that I condone such behavior, but it happens. He's also got a great personal damage boost ability, you can get some pretty crazy numbers going with a good weapon and his #3. You can totally control your own personal battlefield in a solo mission without totally screwing your team. Riftwalking, inviting individual enemy's in to fight with you, power up #3 and go to town.
    If you do that in a group, you really just add an enemy nobody else can hit, or make it so they can hit it, but nothing else, and not pick up loot etc.

He's just a bad bad frame, and folks who use him should feel bad. He brings nothing to the table that other frames don't already do better, and he screws other team mates in the process.

could not disagree more in any possible way.He is byfar the best support in the game just because he can control the battlefield. Not to mention he can make any channel infinet.

That's a weird way of spelling Mag

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Morkath wrote: »

The globe can be destroyed.

The limbo sphere also provides massive energy regen to people in it.
    Limbo's bubble has a duration, and shrinks during its life, frosts globe can simply be recast, doubling or tripling or however much you want to increase its health. It's not an issue in the first place though if you're modded correctly.
    If you have the right mods it will last the full duration baring endless missions past 60 minutes etc. It's just the better choice unless you want to annoy your team mates.

• Options

Even Limbo

What's wrong with Limbo?

He controls the battlefield in nonsensical ways that other frames already do, but better. There is nothing useful about his "control", over that of other frames, unless you're trolling.

• Options

Even Limbo

What's wrong with Limbo?

Trinity's support is insanely overpowered with her vampire leech augment, she is going to get a nerf I expect, just too good.

• Options
    edited April 2015

Even Limbo

What's wrong with Limbo?

Trinity's support is insanely overpowered with her vampire leech augment, she is going to get a nerf I expect, just too good.
    So an ordinary Wednesday for Trinity?

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    LilleDjevelLilleDjevel Registered User regular
    edited April 2015

Even Limbo

What's wrong with Limbo?

He controls the battlefield in nonsensical ways that other frames already do, but better. There is nothing useful about his "control", over that of other frames, unless you're trolling.

Could you be as gentle as to show me the frame that instantly makes a groupd of level 80s useless? And I don't get your loot argument, you don't pick up loot in the middle of a wave.

And what you are trying to say is that Frost is better for pugs (no shit), but Limbo is godlike with a cordinated team. Have you even seen Limbo+mesa?

LilleDjevel on
    Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,
    'til there's Fire in the Sky...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Loki master race defangs almost every threat at any level. All the while being invisible and sanic fast.

Volt makes everyone sanic fast and his electric shields are straight up invulnerable. The shields boost damage, and at the very least will never hamper a teammate's ability to harm the enemy.

Well placed bastilles and vortexes let Vaugban convert fights into sessions of shooting fish in a barrel.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    edited April 2015

Even Limbo

What's wrong with Limbo?

Could you be as gentle as to show me the frame that instantly makes a groupd of level 80s useless? And I don't get your loot argument, you don't pick up loot in the middle of a wave.

And what you are trying to say is that Frost is better for pugs (no shit), but Limbo is godlike with a cordinated team. Have you even seen Limbo+mesa?

Armchair ran down a few, there are nearly endless combinations of frames that make level 80's toothless in endless missions, being able to loot in the middle of a wave is pretty valuable on hard missions unless you want to burn through restores ( I prefer both using restores and being able to pick up loot when I need it). I've seen many combinations of limbo and other frames, they're only useful on the same low level missions that ANY combination will work for. Mesa's peacemaker, like most warframe direct damage abilities is only useful for killing low tier trash, and you certainly don't need a snowglobe or a limbo bubble to enable it. The added power is a very small change compared to a greedy mag and fast killing. Snowglobe can have nearly unlimited health, and doesn't shrink as it ages, for a coordinated team I'd take a frost over limbo any day, even if the limbo ONLY used powers when it was absolutely needed for protection. Every other frame that has similar powers will do it better, with no downside.

kralizecc on
  • Options
    Well I think my fav team for long runs would be Limbo, Loki, Mesa and Volt.

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Depends on the mission for me, but in my experience limbo makes things worse in anything that requires organization. He's ok, just a trivial irritation in low tier missions, but if it requires strategy and organization he's a major aggrivation that slows things down and eventually causes failure, survival, defense, or interception.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    He provides complete invincibility to every member of the team and as well as energy regen, and unlike disarm/slowva it only takes one frame and you don't need to wait for the effects of the abilities to reach the enemies.

• Options
    I'm just gonna take that you don't play limbo got no idea how we works and leave it at that.

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015
    I think the moral of the story is that limbo is hit or miss with people and we should probably just leave it at that

Orphane on
  • Options
    What's next some one gonna tell me Ember is bad too? (wof kinda is atm)

But yeah, if you don't like a frame you will look at every flaw you can find. I could write you a book about why I think Nova is a piece if shit, but why? There are plenty of people here who use her and like her and I have no reason to jump on those feet.

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DreadBertDreadBert Registered User regular
    DreadBert wrote: »

Even Limbo

What's wrong with Limbo?

Personally I can't work out how to use his powers without gimping the team. Why banish stuff and limit who can attack instead of just nuking/shooting it in the first place.

I banished myself to res folks and that's about it. Other frames I would have just cleared the area or kicked on CC before doing a res.

One plus, it's only 200 Plat for him.

Nobody should pay for Limbo when his quest is right there and free to do. Then all he costs is the 20 plat for a Warframe slot.

Eh, I view it as a function of time. Playing the RNG game on a number of missions with limited playtime just wasn't worth it. No different then buying mods and parts off the market, which is also wrong from your point if view I suppose.

In retrospect it's not worth either the Plat or the time. Far better solo and team frames out there.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Orphane wrote: »
    I think the moral of the story is that limbo is hit or miss with people and we should probably just leave it at that

The real moral of the story is never ask what people think is wrong with a frame. Ever.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    I have... a few hours of gameplay under my belt. I'm fairly experienced in group dynamics and how the game works. I'm not looking for flaws in any particular frame.
    Ember is semi useless, her powers are direct damage and so the falloff is quite severe. I'm assuming you don't do much framing beyond the easy early states of endless missions, probably not much beyond an hour survivals or wave 50ish defenses. I'm well familiar with limbos powers, and how they synergize with other frames.

If you enjoy playing limbo, that's great, I'm not and wouldn't suggest someone do something they don't enjoy, I am giving the conclusions of my many hours playing the game on a high level of difficulty, combined with an examination of statistics. On relatively easy missions, any frame combination works fantastically unless you lack fully ranked mods. Any weapon combo will work great for the most part, it's all gravy and limbo works as well as any other, except that his powers have a direct negative impact in addition to the support they offer. Other frames have similar support, but no negative impact. On the high wave missions that require good teamwork and organization, limbo sucks, objectively.
    He doesn't simply provide invulnerability, though that is definitely one aspect of his rift plane. If it was simple invulnerability such as what trinity offers, that would be great.

Half of what I say is meant to be humor, but it's humor about the facts of gameplay. Limbo is bad compared to other frames that do similar things, but don't let that stop you from playing him, ember, or any other thing you enjoy. I play rhino because I think he looks cool. He's not useful on the missions I use him on, and most experienced players would think I'm a noob for using him (though in my defense he at least doesn't negatively impact other players while using his powers =P)

• Options
    edited April 2015

Even Limbo

What's wrong with Limbo?

Personally I can't work out how to use his powers without gimping the team. Why banish stuff and limit who can attack instead of just nuking/shooting it in the first place.

I banished myself to res folks and that's about it. Other frames I would have just cleared the area or kicked on CC before doing a res.

One plus, it's only 200 Plat for him.

Nobody should pay for Limbo when his quest is right there and free to do. Then all he costs is the 20 plat for a Warframe slot.

Eh, I view it as a function of time. Playing the RNG game on a number of missions with limited playtime just wasn't worth it. No different then buying mods and parts off the market, which is also wrong from your point if view I suppose.

In retrospect it's not worth either the Plat or the time. Far better solo and team frames out there.

That makes sense I guess. I have the time to farm that shit up whereas others such as yourself do not. And as for buying stuff of the market, I feel the same way. Most of the mods I've missed I don't think are worth spending plat on because I can work around not having them.

All that being said, I have purchased Mirage when she was part of that winter bundle and I also bought the Mesa bundle because farming Salad V coordinates was a bit much even for me. So I'm a bit of a hypocrite and shouldn't be taken very seriously about this stuff. :P

Edit: I do want to do Mirage's quest one day though, just for funsies

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    I had fun doing all the quests, and farming for parts. That said, If I wanted to play a frame in particular and the only way to get it was getting the mutalist alad V keys, I would probably buy it, and do the keys at my leisure for fun.

• Options
    I had fun doing all the quests, and farming for parts. That said, If I wanted to play a frame in particular and the only way to get it was getting the mutalist alad V keys, I would probably buy it, and do the keys at my leisure for fun.

That's why it took me so long to get Hydroid; I had never gotten more than one or two of the beacons to craft Vay Hek's original key so when DE opened up his stage I finally got around to fighting him.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options

That's why it took me so long to get Hydroid; I had never gotten more than one or two of the beacons to craft Vay Hek's original key so when DE opened up his stage I finally got around to fighting him.

Hydroid is the only frame I don't have atm. I should take care of that.

• Options

Hydroid is the only frame I don't have atm. I should take care of that.

Good luck, I had to run Hek nearly 15 times to get the one part I needed (systems or chassis, I forget which one it was). Just like I'd done the Kril+Vor fight on Phobos close to 20 times before finally getting a Miter blade a day or two ago (got 3 blades in a row that day, actually). Now I'm crafting both it and the Panthera

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Whats the best way to farm credits? I need many credits.

(She/Her)
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    eelektrik wrote: »
    Whats the best way to farm credits? I need many credits.

1. Do void missions. Void defence is somewhat less efficient than the rest of them though.
    2. Assassinate bosses. Higher level ones that don't have stupid invulnerabilities. As a bonus these days you get an extra 1k credits from selling the silly smiley face.
    3. Infested invasions that yield credits are a fair bet.
    4. Combine 2 and 3 preferably. Infested assassination missions for credits.
    5. Remember to do a mod cleanup. If you don't actively purge crap mods you can have hundreds of thousands of credits lying around. Search by number of duplicates.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    Citizen KupoCitizen Kupo In between here and thereRegistered User regular
    Dark sectors are also a decent source. Specifically Seimeni on Ceres and Sechura on Pluto. Even moreso now that they've actually removed taxes on all nodes (for now anyways).

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Careful about burning mods for credits. I personally prefer using those big stacks for upgrading mods of the same polarity. Saves a bunch of cores since those are harder to get in bulk then credits for me.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    I have... a few hours of gameplay under my belt. I'm fairly experienced in group dynamics and how the game works. I'm not looking for flaws in any particular frame.
    Ember is semi useless, her powers are direct damage and so the falloff is quite severe. I'm assuming you don't do much framing beyond the easy early states of endless missions, probably not much beyond an hour survivals or wave 50ish defenses. I'm well familiar with limbos powers, and how they synergize with other frames.

If you enjoy playing limbo, that's great, I'm not and wouldn't suggest someone do something they don't enjoy, I am giving the conclusions of my many hours playing the game on a high level of difficulty, combined with an examination of statistics. On relatively easy missions, any frame combination works fantastically unless you lack fully ranked mods. Any weapon combo will work great for the most part, it's all gravy and limbo works as well as any other, except that his powers have a direct negative impact in addition to the support they offer. Other frames have similar support, but no negative impact. On the high wave missions that require good teamwork and organization, limbo sucks, objectively.
    He doesn't simply provide invulnerability, though that is definitely one aspect of his rift plane. If it was simple invulnerability such as what trinity offers, that would be great.

Half of what I say is meant to be humor, but it's humor about the facts of gameplay. Limbo is bad compared to other frames that do similar things, but don't let that stop you from playing him, ember, or any other thing you enjoy. I play rhino because I think he looks cool. He's not useful on the missions I use him on, and most experienced players would think I'm a noob for using him (though in my defense he at least doesn't negatively impact other players while using his powers =P)

The key to every thing you say is: Mod it right. You don't play ember and expect to kill everything with wof, you spam the hell out of 2 which is a 500%+ fire damage amp. Then you add that with a soma modded for crit/firestatus and in a long odd your fire tics will hit harder than your full crit soma.

And it's the same with mesa, the reason she is good with Limbo is because you can mod her to be full damage and a power drain but because of the Limbo you can still use peacemaker from the start to the end of a wave and constantly hit 5k+ without running out of ammo or have to reload.

And why yes it's best at trash mobs a wave IS 90% trash mobs that needs to die asap. It's not like the rest of the group just afks.

I have run this succsesfully plenty of times. Banish the objective and let the mesa work then run around in the void and kill of heavys befor they can become a problem.

Longest pub run I have ever had with this combo when looking for BP receiver and we rounded wave 115. That mesas killcount was just plain stupid.

(we bailed because one of the dudes had to go)

LilleDjevel on
    Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Dark sectors are also a decent source. Specifically Seimeni on Ceres and Sechura on Pluto. Even moreso now that they've actually removed taxes on all nodes (for now anyways).

That was unexpected... Maybe I can level kit somewhere besides Draco again. I never understood why DE allowed alliances to troll the entire player base with ungodly taxes.

• Options
    I'll have to try banish again to verify. When I was leveling it last week you could not interact with anything but downed teammates in rift, no objects, just NPC'S and PC's. According to wiki banish can't be cast on mission objective other then rescue or captures?

• Options
    You can ult them, does the same but is aoe.

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,

steam_sig.png
  • Options

That was unexpected... Maybe I can level kit somewhere besides Draco again. I never understood why DE allowed alliances to troll the entire player base with ungodly taxes.

BECAUSE THE FREE MARKET REGULATES ITSELF.

Obviously.

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular

BECAUSE THE FREE MARKET REGULATES ITSELF.

Obviously.

In this case the free market rapidly regulated itself into a manor system (Naturally. A Limited number of strategic positions where a military elite can take up fees on produced goods. I mean, it's like they designed a tragedy of the commons scenario). The free market frequently does not cater to the majority.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    If any of you guys are playing rhino without the explosive rhino skin augment then you should. Its nice for merely being able to reset your skin if its low, and double nice running into nullifiers and dealing damage while knocking them all down.

If you see me online I can hook you up. Its a good augment.

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    I really should use that. I have access to it, and everything.

Just never got around to it.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    Seriously, its a solid augment. Maybe not the most damage, but the knockdown let's you take out everything in the former nullifer bubble without retaliation with ease.

I neglected it for a long time and then I heard the nullifier interaction. Gave it a whirl then.

Wish Loki had something comparable, but his augments are already good. Dat super hush. Can silently marelok and boltor prime fools. And irradiating disarm is a beautiful thing for those times you need CC.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    those times you need CC.
    "all the time" is a bit faster to type and carries the same meaning

• Options
    cB557 wrote: »
    those times you need CC.
    "all the time" is a bit faster to type and carries the same meaning

What? Nah. Death is the only CC you need.

This discussion has been closed.