Options

[Megaten/Persona Discussion] SMTxFE returns(without much SMT).

19495969798100»

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Yeah, that's where I stopped playing...

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    I haven't beaten the 3rd dungeon because my usual strategy of have Naoto bind all the enemy's abilities forever doesn't really work on that one.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    Welcome to Etrian Odyssey mechanics

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    They worked for the boss before. It's just this one is super resistant to ailments. I wrecked hte boss before because of ailments.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    People made it to Dungeon Three? I didn't even get past Floor Three.

Having to constantly leave and spend every cent on healing items just to map a couple new squares each time ain't fun. And I don't care much for the map-making anyway.

• Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    I have it on Auto-Map because fuck you lack of left-handed mode.

Other than that I...think it's pretty easy? Like, even easier than Persona 4 which was a joke.

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Even though I love EO I did just put it on auto-map, since it really does save a lot of time.

And it is really easy, if you exploit weaknesses and instant kills and the refilling hp/mp system.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    There are a few enemies that can do a lot more damage than you'd expect but it does get easier as you acclimate to the game's mechanics and accrue request completion exp.

The big thing is not wasting hp or sp in dungeons since costs quickly escalate as you move beyond the tier 1 spells.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Because sub-Personas give you a buffer for HP/SP, I ended up leaving dungeons because I was out of inventory space more than anything else. Which, why do I have limited inventory? I don't need realism in my supernatural cartography manifest-my-own-psyche-into-creatures-to-do-battle fanservice game.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Anyway, things get more interesting at the final dungeon, so if you didn't beat the game, you really should.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I really don't have a new OP in mind yet, but I don't see what's wrong with just tweaking the existing one.

Boy a lot of stuff has come out since then.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Oh yeah, it's heavily Persona themed. Hmm. I'm skewing towards a Devil Summoner theme.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    P4G:

Beat the castle. Boss only took three tries, although I had a pretty good handle on it the second time. That's the hardest boss in the game, right? Should be a cakewalk from here.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Well, the hardest boss is probably the bonus boss in that dungeon, though I guess you don't have to beat him.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Bonus boss is only hard if you try to take it out ASAP.

camo_sig2.png

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Andy Joe wrote: »
    P4G:

Beat the castle. Boss only took three tries, although I had a pretty good handle on it the second time. That's the hardest boss in the game, right? Should be a cakewalk from here.

Actually, yeah. That's correct. The difficulty slides down a slope after the first dungeon and completely falls off the cliff after the second.

Especially since you're playing Golden, which is even easier to break under your heels.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Blackjack wrote: »
    Bonus boss is only hard if you try to take it out ASAP.

I still had trouble with him even after making some progress in the next dungeon. I think he's harder than the mini boss in the bathhouse.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Andy Joe wrote: »
    P4G:

Actually, yeah. That's correct. The difficulty slides down a slope after the first dungeon and completely falls off the cliff after the second.

Turn-based JRPGs almost all have the same difficulty curve; the beginning is the hardest part, and then you hit the "becoming more powerful makes grinding easier makes you more powerful" feedback loop.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    ...has Yukari just become the best status inflicting character thanks to Magic-Luck Reverse?

edit: especially once she gets Diarahan/Mediarahan and the Magic stat no longer matters for her!

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    Apparently not.

Seventy-some luck and Impure Reach and she can't land Tentarafoo on an FOE to save her life.

camo_sig2.png

• Options
    Ultimax is $20 at Play-asia now(and $22 at Amazon), so my copy's en route.

Yeah, I waited.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    cj iwakura wrote: »

Yeah, I waited.

Did you get the PS3 version?

Wanna play sometime?

• Options
    cj iwakura wrote: »

Yeah, I waited.

Did you get the PS3 version?

Wanna play sometime?

Sure. I can only imagine how outclassed Lizzie must be compared to the new comers. I'll probably find a new sub among them. Likely Adachi(because why not) or Ken.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options