Options

Ask Tube

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I've been fairly infracted. Kinda surprised I haven't been infracted more? I tend to get caught up in the heat of the moment.

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    I got infracted on a H&A advice thread about tea where I pointed out that Earl Gray tastes like stagnant dirty dishwater.

I stand by this assertion but I realise that my presentation of this fact was not made in an appropriate way for H&A.

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Lars wrote: »
    I think all of my infractions came from one of the April Fools Day Anime threads.

Two of them were from Rorus telling Geth to ban a random word while I was in the middle of editing one of my posts. On both occaisions that word was found in my post and Geth will infract you for edits.

The third was because I intentionally tried to poke Geth and see what happened.

Speaking of Geth, wasn't there one time when a mod tried to kick someone as a joke and Geth kicked the mod instead? I vaguely remember something like that. Also the time that Geth was told to infract someone and then proceeded to infract them like a dozen times in a row for the same post or something.

I was being a smart-ass in a thread with lots of verboten phrases, posting thing that were very similar to the banned phrases.

Then Tube edited all the posts I had made so they they were the banned phrases, and Geth infracted me for every instance. I ate like 16 infraction points, and was instantly super double extra mega banned. I figured out what had happened and begged and wheedled for Tube to unban me, and eventually he agreed to let me back in. It took a couple of goes to fix everything properly though.

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Every point I have is because of anime.

I have a problem.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I got infracted on a H&A advice thread about tea where I pointed out that Earl Gray tastes like stagnant dirty dishwater.

I stand by this assertion but I realise that my presentation of this fact was not made in an appropriate way for H&A.

I thought I disliked black teas for a long time

because I kept getting poisoned with cheap earl gray tea bags

the higher quality loose leaf stuff is a lot better, but there's a whole world of black teas that doesn't get bitter as hell when I let it steep for a long time

gotta have my strong flavors

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    As mentioned earlier I got infracted for calling Spider-Man a douche

I also got infracted once for saying Green and I wasn't even pushing it on purpose!

I still think that conversation was hilarious though

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I got temp banned once because like 15 people who I have never interacted with decided to do that valentines game and target me while I wasn't logged in.

That was not so fun.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Yeah I think that Valentines idea was cool and fun and all but not perhaps the best executed when it came to certain details

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    I got two infractions for posting in the webcomic thread when there hadn't been a webcomic posted for 5 pages, and didn't spot it was a new rule because it had been mentioned in the middle of the previous thread.

Also earl grey is terrible.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    Every point I have is because of anime.

I have a problem.
    4EclYuB.png

• Options
    You also got an infracted for changing the worlds of a T-Swift song to something tube related

I remember that because it was hilarious

• Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    Yeah I think that Valentines idea was cool and fun and all but not perhaps the best executed when it came to certain details

I enjoy the games and hope they do them again.

Though my anxiety paralyzed me a bit and I thought I hope this person doesn't think I'm stalking them or in love with them, I just chose someone at random!

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    As mentioned earlier I got infracted for calling Spider-Man a douche

I also got infracted once for saying Green and I wasn't even pushing it on purpose!

I still think that conversation was hilarious though

Hi5 Green infractor!

Ya, the main infractions for the green , wasn't even the people that got the whole argument going, the main bulk of the infractions was the next day when Green Goblin ( I think? Green someone) popped into a completely separate discussion

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    Liiya wrote: »

The image I want to have here is that picture you usually use of the Queen scowling but I can't find it.

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    4godzwutemi6.jpg
    It is called crankyliz.jpeg

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Tube infracted me for incorrect use of rimshot.

Firm but fair, our Tube is.

• Options
    The worst person to be infracted by is Jacobkosh because his avatar and general demeanor imply you disappointed Superman

• Options
    Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    Liiya wrote: »

The image I want to have here is that picture you usually use of the Queen scowling but I can't find it.

There's a lot of nice tea in the world. Earl Grey is a comedy joke tea.

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    I got banned once for putting my hand in a honeypot

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    I got jailed once for losing my temper at someone telling me I was giving bad advice when it was in reference to my job as an airline employee.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    I only have infractions from the robot, one for quoting a post which contained the letter sequence "is" (I think what happened in that thread went too far)

Back in the day everyone had those extensive logs

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    I've been joke jailed, joke infracted, and joke banned.

I laughed heartily every time.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    Possibly the worst thing about not seeing moderation histories is we can no longer see Tube's Award for Excellent Posting in people's profiles anymore.

• Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    Tube, is "I wouldn't rip your paper to confetti for a rat's wedding" the best insult we're likely to see all year?

forumsig.png
  • Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    The worst person to be infracted by is Jacobkosh because his avatar and general demeanor imply you disappointed Superman

Infraction for incorrect super hero identification incoming.

• Options
    Is it Flex Mentallo? Quietly art has same. face issues

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Flex Mentallo: ESpxwZp.jpg
    Superman: Lg0ZhAW.jpg
    Clark Kent: gNl3nlp.jpg

I can understand how you get them confused, but they are in fact three separate people.

Bethryn on
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2015

I don't remember this but it could reasonably have been for insulting the noblest of teas.

Egregiously bad advice had always been actionable.

ceres on
    And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Ironically enough my only real infraction was from Ramius, for metamodding, before I was a mod.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I have an infraction from The Cat
    I also have an infraction for posting while falling asleep

• Options
    I like the idea of tea, I just can't stand the taste.

It tastes like stuffing leaves and twigs in my mouth.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »

Either you're drinking really bad tea or you're a mutant (like people who think cilantro tastes like soap).

There's a lot of different teas with a pretty wide range of different flavours. Even staying with the actual tea plant, obviously it gets even more varied if we accept calling other herb infusions tea.

But anyway coffee is actually better lol fak u britain.

• Options
    CTyZ0n1.gif

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I like tea
    Sweet Tea is a disserve to the ideal of tea
    I like strong black teas though

• Options
    I don't like plain black tea.

This, however, is a quite yummy Kränku black tea from Gotland with elderberry flowers and strawberry.

*extends pinky*

• Options
    SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    To be fair, Lipton is far superior to any other standard mass-produced brand of tea in the US.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    ... that actually scares me. What hell-teas are you guys producing/

• Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    Syphyre wrote: »
    To be fair, Lipton is far superior to any other standard mass-produced brand of tea in the US.

No wonder tea isn't popular in the US

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    jakobagger wrote: »
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »

Either you're drinking really bad tea or you're a mutant (like people who think cilantro tastes like soap).

There's a lot of different teas with a pretty wide range of different flavours. Even staying with the actual tea plant, obviously it gets even more varied if we accept calling other herb infusions tea.

But anyway coffee is actually better lol fak u britain.

I can't eat cilantro, and I can't drink alcohol either, because the alcohol itself is too bitter and gross

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    one of the stores I buy tea at (because of course I have more than one, who do you think I am) hand-writes the name of the tea on the bags you buy them in.

I have a bag of Autumnwank in the cupboard.

This discussion has been closed.