Options

Depressions: Can we learn from past [chat]?

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    I've been watching Ballers. I don't think it's been that good so far. It seems more ambitious then a half hour long format allows. But it's nice to see the Rock stretching himself.

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    at this stage I still don't think greece will actually leave the euro

but then again, I'm not putting any money on that bet

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    There are such things as prehensile penises, and also male octopi use one modified tentacle as a penis, so...

They sometimes rip it off and present it to females

yesss that is the best

In what way is this the best and the best what exactly?

Or just anything with dismembered penises is awesome?

• Options
    This whole Greece thing.

Their creditors are going to get their money eventually. Eventually.

But even if they don't, hey, guess what? Lending isn't a no-risk business.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/vJ_OJOjzDQk

I hope this was someone's idea of a joke. It's a clip from CCTV discussing Japanese military capability. About 19 seconds or so in.

• Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    I've been watching Ballers. I don't think it's been that good so far. It seems more ambitious then a half hour long format allows. But it's nice to see the Rock stretching himself.

I, too, would enjoy watching the Rock stretch.

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    The new HotS Eternal Conflict map sounds cool.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    This whole Greece thing.

Well we know that if American creditors attempt to seize Greece's navy for non-payment that it won't stand.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular

I also like that he's not quite an agent and it's not quite entourage as of the last episode. not that they said it would be but I was expecting more t&a and partying than we got last week. I also don't think it's particularly good but I enjoyed what the second episode did more than what I expected it to do, if that makes sense.

it surprised me enough that I'm gonna watch it again

besides that I'm legally obliged because it stars a wrestler

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    i get major impostor's syndrome when I design games, LOL.

That probably means i'm amazing.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Sochi looked like a disaster, rundown and abandoned. What's the site of Greece's 2000 2004 Olympic games look like today?

emnmnme on
  • Options
    Wash wrote: »

I, too, would enjoy watching the Rock stretch.

Tailored pants. Tailored pants.
    Variable wrote: »

I also like that he's not quite an agent and it's not quite entourage as of the last episode. not that they said it would be but I was expecting more t&a and partying than we got last week. I also don't think it's particularly good but I enjoyed what the second episode did more than what I expected it to do, if that makes sense.

it surprised me enough that I'm gonna watch it again

besides that I'm legally obliged because it stars a wrestler

Yeah, they seemed to play up the Entourage kind of angle in the marketing stuff but it's really not Entourage.

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Sooo last night sucked and I had to lock myself in my friend's bathroom because she got way too drunk and tried to stab me.

Should I be worried about this?

Neco on
  • Options
    Neco wrote: »
    Sooo lasy night sucked and I had to lock myself in my friend's bathroom because she got way too drunk and teied to stab me.

Yes.

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Sochi looked like a disaster, rundown and abandoned. What's the site of Greece's 2000 Olympic games look like today?

D4i5TAM.jpg

nitZ0TM.jpg

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    listen just because knights of sidonia has a penis tentacle waifu doesn't mean its not great

guys do u realise how progre3ssive it is to have a penis tentacle waifu ffs

ur all such conservative haters

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Don't hang out with stabby people. Hanging out with them increases your odds of getting stabbed.

• Options
    MsAnthropyMsAnthropy The Lady of Pain Breaks the Rhythm, Breaks the Rhythm, Breaks the Rhythm The City of FlowersRegistered User regular
    Sooo lasy night sucked and I had to lock myself in my friend's bathroom because she got way too drunk and teied to stab me.

Friends don't (attempt to) stab each other.

Or so I've heard.

Luscious Sounds Spotify Playlist

"The only real politics I knew was that if a guy liked Hitler, I’d beat the stuffing out of him and that would be it." -- Jack Kirby
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular

This sounds like a scene out of Vampire: The Masquerade.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Don't hang out with stabby people. Hanging out with them increases your odds of getting stabbed.

counterintuitively this is actualy not true

statistically u r most likely to be stabbed by fred

most stabby people are not fred, therefore u r safer in their company

i hope this help

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    MrAnthropy wrote: »

Or so I've heard.

I stabbed a friend once.

But only a little.

Move to New Zealand
  • Options
    I still think he over-reacted.

Move to New Zealand
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

Or so I've heard.

Hey now, sometimes they do.

Just, you know, with their penis tentacle.

• Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    Sooo last night sucked and I had to lock myself in my friend's bathroom because she got way too drunk and tried to stab me.

how do you define friend?

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    I mean, she doesn't normally drink and now I understand why. I am trying to think of how I can remind her of it without making her try to stab me again. Maybe just talk to her in a room full of not sharp things?

Neco on
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Always make sure you test the waters by only stabbing with the tip

just to see how it feels

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    I mean, she foesnt normally drink and now I understand why. I am trying to think of how I can remind her of it without making her try to stab me again. Maybe just talk to her in a room full of not sharp things?

Maybe you talk about it at a police station

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/vJ_OJOjzDQk

I hope this was someone's idea of a joke. It's a clip from CCTV discussing Japanese military capability. About 19 seconds or so in.

There's the zero mention of it so it's definitely a joke.

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited July 2015
    This whole Greece thing.

i don't think that the big concern is for the welfare of the bondholders. as you said, they got a better interest rate on their greek bonds because they had to accept risk.

the big concern is that after a default, greece will have no way of raising money because no one will buy their bonds

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    I mean, she doesn't normally drink and now I understand why. I am trying to think of how I can remind her of it without making her try to stab me again. Maybe just talk to her in a room full of not sharp things?

Be firm and let her know you're concerned that she's nuts when she's drunk. Don't try to hug it out.

pT7P4F460J88E.png

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User, Moderator mod
    I don't mean to make light of an obviously serious situation. But your avatar + these [chat] thread comments... :D

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    So, got through the first 10 seasons of Red vs Blue on my vacation. Man...didn't know it got so heavy.

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Wash wrote: »
    Oh, @Jacobkosh and @DasUberEdward I watched After Hours for the first time the other day, had been wanting to for a while after DUE posted the trailer

and now I really want to write a modern version of what that movie is essentially: a dude in his twenties out late at night and the kind of weird shit that happens when you venture out into the city in search of sex or just something to do.

That movie reminded me of my college years and the strange shit that would happen whenever we went downtown drinking, and I loved how contained and oddly relatable the movie felt.

@Wash it's terrific. It's an archetypal Night Journey, at once enlightening and terrifying. As a comedy I find it kind of cold and alienating sometimes? It's got long stretches that are just chilly and ha-ha weird instead of ha-ha funny. But I think that's the point; it disorients you, it removes all the usual bumpers from the edge of the narrative ride and you legitimately have no idea how anything is going to turn out by "morning."

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Huh looks like I have coffee Friday morning with a girl I met.

Morning people ugh.

But whatever it is my telework day. I can start early and nap in the afternoon.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    MsAnthropyMsAnthropy The Lady of Pain Breaks the Rhythm, Breaks the Rhythm, Breaks the Rhythm The City of FlowersRegistered User regular
    shryke wrote: »

Or so I've heard.

Hey now, sometimes they do.

Just, you know, with their penis tentacle.

Shryke, are you a bedbug?

Luscious Sounds Spotify Playlist

"The only real politics I knew was that if a guy liked Hitler, I’d beat the stuffing out of him and that would be it." -- Jack Kirby
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    I just read an issue of thunderbolts as part of fear itself

seems like a cool idea for a comic maybe I'll check out some more of it

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    at this stage I still don't think greece will actually leave the euro

but then again, I'm not putting any money on that bet

Germany leaves the Eurozone

Greece takes over. Renames it the Hellozone

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod

Didn't this happen with a cat

• Options
    This whole Greece thing.

Well we know that if American creditors attempt to seize Greece's navy for non-payment that it won't stand.

No one is seizing shit from Greece, Greece is a country not a business or person. They have an army.

Are the banks going to re-headquarters to Venice and start hiring mercenaries? I don't think so. :-p

This discussion has been closed.