Options

[steam] manual says to cut the third wire, but only if it's not blue!

• Options
    shdwcastershdwcaster South DakotaRegistered User regular
    As promised, former Space Mistress and all around awesome person @an_alt send me Ori and the Blind Forest for correctly guessing that the Packers would continue to push people back off the Seahawks bandwagon.

5v5NCEyl.jpg

She actually sent this to me yesterday, but as my new rental home doesn't get internet hooked up until Friday, and my new job blocks all game related websites, I'm currently stuck renting my PC internet access by the cup. So thanks again!

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    @mere_immortal gave me coin crypt! Thanks duder!

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    It has come to my attention that I have a lot of games.

I can't settle on what to play after my brief spat of game completions.

/first world problems

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    @an_alt is so classy that I even got a game for losing the contest! Thanks for Sir, you are being hunted!

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Okay guys, i'll be streaming Soma (as my childs play charity drive goal) in about 30 minutes or so. I havent looked into the game at all, only launched it before to make sure it was working.

Should be pretty amusing. Who knows, maybe I will man up and not be terrified this time.

(I wont)

Its

if you want to tune in and watch me be scared.

CorriganX on
    n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    CoffeyCoffey Terre Haute, IndianaRegistered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »
    @an_alt is so classy that I even got a game for losing the contest! Thanks for Sir, you are being hunted!

I did too. Thanks @an_alt - class act.

76561197967491341.png
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    If anyone buys Dying Light Ultimate Edition and gets a "an error occurred while Installing dying light (content still encrypted)" error, right click on it, go to view downloadable content and uncheck everything.

EDIT: Seems you just need to disable 'The bozak horde'

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    RZAFGiI.png

Well shit.

Thanks @DaringDirk for being a monster of the highest order.

<3<3<3

Guess I know where I'm headed for a while...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    I've been super busy lately, but without further ado, WINNARZ!
    Grats @cooljammer00 !
    signature.png
    Grats @Svevin !
    signature.png
    Grats @Jaunty !
    signature.png

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    And the DLC was free. That's gotta be a clean loophole for gifting

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Now we wait and see if Smash holds up without licensed characters

That's silly. It doesn't hold up _with_ licensed characters. How could it possibly hold up without them?

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    So, I see a game called BloodLust Shadowhunter leaving early access, and it looks like kinda exactly my shit. Has anyone played it? Is it any good? It's got good reviews on steam, but I don't trust those ever.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    Having played more Rivals of Aether (got online with a friend and played for about two hours, had trouble putting it down) I would say it's pretty awesome. The online was working better for us than Smash (his connection is spotty, but we had much less issues). For the most part it felt pretty flawless, though I didn't play against randoms to see how that felt.

Though I will say in this stage of the early access online seems to be very limited in scope. Can currently only play 1 vs 1 with all the stages set to "basic" mode (no special gimmicks turned on) with the stage set to random. Can do full four man matches, team matches, vs AI, and select your stages in local multiplayer at least.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    heenato wrote: »
    So, I see a game called BloodLust Shadowhunter leaving early access, and it looks like kinda exactly my shit. Has anyone played it? Is it any good? It's got good reviews on steam, but I don't trust those ever.

I've played 24 hours of it.

Loved the hell out of it, but parked it to wait for more development. I need to reinstall it now and see where it's at.

It's low-budget (in terms of models and animations primarily), somewhat janky, and clearly made by a very small (one-man?) team (who definitely love what they're doing and the product they've made). At heart, it's the love child of VTMB and Diablo 1 or 2 and I mean that in the best possible way. And it has some of the absolute best map design I've seen in a game.

Worth playing.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    heenato wrote: »

I've played 24 hours of it.

Loved the hell out of it, but parked it to wait for more development. I need to reinstall it now and see where it's at.

It's low-budget (in terms of models and animations primarily), somewhat janky, and clearly made by a very small (one-man?) team (who definitely love what they're doing and the product they've made). At heart, it's the love child of VTMB and Diablo 1 or 2 and I mean that in the best possible way. And it has some of the absolute best map design I've seen in a game.

Worth playing.
    "It's low-budget (in terms of models and animations primarily), somewhat janky"

Ah. So it really is the spiritual successor to VTMB. Nice. I'll have to pick it up next pay.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    Guys, I just realized that the scavenging locations in Mad Max are a discrete resource. I can go to one, loot it, and then a. thing. gets. checked. off. I'm just. This changes everything. I can't drive by them anymore. I have to loot them all.

This game is amazing. I don't remember the last play session where I did a story thing, and I don't care. It's super fun to drive around, ram into cars, and then loot stuff and take over camps. I even like driving around with the dog and clearing mines. My buttons are being pushed here, and it is wonderful.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    jclast wrote: »
    Guys, I just realized that the scavenging locations in Mad Max are a discrete resource. I can go to one, loot it, and then a. thing. gets. checked. off. I'm just. This changes everything. I can't drive by them anymore. I have to loot them all.

This game is amazing. I don't remember the last play session where I did a story thing, and I don't care. It's super fun to drive around, ram into cars, and then loot stuff and take over camps. I even like driving around with the dog and clearing mines. My buttons are being pushed here, and it is wonderful.

Come back to me when the strongholds get massive and you can't find that one last goddamn piece of scrap.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular

Come back to me when the strongholds get massive and you can't find that one last goddamn piece of scrap.

Fucking san Andreas and the stupid tags I could not ignore.

Tags, clams, horseshoes, and photographs, was there a fifth?

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    E-sports the visual novel. I don't even...what?
    This is probably old as fuck news, but I don't care since it perplexes me greatly so I must share it.

Dyvim Tvar on
    Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Iblis wrote: »
    Today "Rivals of Aether" entered Steam Early Access.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zujDjI_tRBQ

Essentially it is a very competent Smash clone with a lot of crazy ideas and GBA style graphics. Both local and online multiplayer (though I haven't tried the online yet myself). Pretty solid and fun so far, the gameplay is more reminiscent of melee, fairly quick and combos are a distinct possibility, but it also seems pretty easy to pick up and play. All the characters seem pretty fun and have their own particular gimmick (though Zetterburn is probably the easiest to pick up and play). Think they want to have eight characters by launch (six currently).

Let's see if it handles better than Brawlhalla. Because I love Smash, and I wanted to give Brawlhalla a chance, but the slide-y, floaty way everything works drives me nuts.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Aren't we due for a sale soon? Halloween?

• Options
    VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    SC2VN - The eSports Visual Novel

Finally, a chance for me to become a pro-gamer and prove I'm the best choose-your-own-adventurer there is!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ooooohhh, Elite: Dangerous on sale. Twenty euros and a bit is rather more tempting a price. I wonder, do I want to splurge on it or not...

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Now we wait and see if Smash holds up without licensed characters

That's silly. It doesn't hold up _with_ licensed characters. How could it possibly hold up without them?

The best Smash clone is Dream Mix TV World Fighters on the PS2. Optimus Prime vs Simon Belmont vs Solid Snake vs Bomberman is a thing that can occur in that game.
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    Aren't we due for a sale soon? Halloween?

There will probably be a spoopy sale. Might be a good time to check out horror games to see what piques your interests and add them to your wishlists accordingly.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Hey, I fixed the problem with the Dying Light DLC; apparently there's a bug in the current Steam beta client, so if you go back to the non-beta client it'll download properly.

• Options
    PoseidonPoseidon Registered User regular
    Darksiders 2 is something else, regular freezes up to 1 minute long is a bit over the top.
    THQ got what they deserved.

• Options
    Poseidon wrote: »
    Darksiders 2 is something else, regular freezes up to 1 minute long is a bit over the top.
    THQ got what they deserved.

You take that back right now or I'll have my dad beat up your dad.

More seriously, THQ put out some of the best games made. They definitely did not deserve what they got.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    I really need to go back and finish Darksiders 2 one day, I've started it twice now and Steam says I've played 31 hours of it. I think the main problem is that I just don't like it as much as Darksiders 1

and yeah, THQ put out some amazing games

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    I was so excited about Darksiders 2. I loved the first one. Then I got it and played it on my 360 for an hour or two and it just didn't connect. I plan on giving it another shot one of these days.

• Options
    I loved Darksiders 2. Upgrade paths, picking up new armors and weapons, and Zelda combat? Yes, please! I also really like the graphical style (thought that applies to the first game as well). The only parts I didn't like (in both games) are where they turned into shooters.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    I'm still crossing my fingers, toes, etc that we get another Darksiders. But man it's going to be a tough job to get voice actors on par with War and Death for the other two characters.

I haven't paid much attention to Batman lately because I was lucky and had no problems with it on launch. But I thought t he issues for PC had been resolved, so I was disappointed to fire it up today to play the DLC (I have the season pass...first season pass I've ever bought and probably the last after this) and there isn't a single bit of it release for PC yet. I was sad.

I managed to resist getting SOMA last night. But if I make it another night is unknown.

Finally, ANOTHER Smash-type game? WOO. I'm hard-pressed to resist that since I have been playing Brawhalla...waiting to see some comparisons though. I'm trying to buy less stuff. I'm only slightly succeeding.

• Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    I loved Darksiders 2. Upgrade paths, picking up new armors and weapons, and Zelda combat? Yes, please! I also really like the graphical style (thought that applies to the first game as well). The only parts I didn't like (in both games) are where they turned into shooters.

I left the game around mid-way through because I just couldn't be bothered to continue. It has awesome gameplay and art/graphics, but sometimes they really just forgot to add some variety in between doing stuff and it felt rather repetitive.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options

2 had much less Zeldaish stuff than the first, though.

Like, the first was VERY much a Zelda game as drawn by a metal cover artist. The second one was not, I felt.

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    I liked the direction 2 took, it felt like it's own game now. Carving it's own style and path, apart from Zelda and Devil May Cry whilst still feeling familiar and closely tied to the first game.

I just got lost in it. I mean actually lost, like no idea where the shit I'm supposed to go and the crow that's supposed to fly to the next point in supposed to head to just flies around in a circle. I gave up after about 3 hrs of trying to work out the next step. Then the damn GPU wouldn't play nice with it when I back to the game months later. Horrible framerate issues.

Think it runs now but honestly, I'll only go back to it if they announce a third game. I'm just so burned out on the issues it gave me.

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    I've been running a handful of my Steam games off an external 2.5 drive and it's worked pretty well so far. Usually some of the larger games I don't play regularly, but want to play without having to wait hours to redownload. Plus, it helps keep my internal drive from being too full. One of the problems though is it's pretty bulky, and kinda awkward when I need to move my laptop off my lap.

Does anyone have experience running games off of a flash drive? I saw this 128gb flash stick and thought it might be a more cleaner solution.

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I loved Darksiders 1 to bits, loved Darksiders 2 a little less (mostly for the plot "LET'S PUNCH THE CORRUPTION!"), but would be right there lining up for a Darksiders 3 on release day.

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Years back I ran Steam off of an external hard drive, and other than longer loadtimes I didn't see any issues with the exception of games that utilized a lot of streaming.

These might be mitigated somewhat by USB 3.0/Thunderbolt I guess though.

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    I've been running a handful of my Steam games off an external 2.5 drive and it's worked pretty well so far. Usually some of the larger games I don't play regularly, but want to play without having to wait hours to redownload. Plus, it helps keep my internal drive from being too full. One of the problems though is it's pretty bulky, and kinda awkward when I need to move my laptop off my lap.

Does anyone have experience running games off of a flash drive? I saw this 128gb flash stick and thought it might be a more cleaner solution.

It'll probably work, but flash drives are slooooooooow, even when compared to bog standard non-SSD platter drives. It my not be a terribly great experience.

• Options
    PoseidonPoseidon Registered User regular
    Drovek wrote: »

I left the game around mid-way through because I just couldn't be bothered to continue. It has awesome gameplay and art/graphics, but sometimes they really just forgot to add some variety in between doing stuff and it felt rather repetitive.
    Too much platforming and puzzles which weren't smart or fun, filler material in my book. And so many issues: crashes, freezes, quest breaking bugs, gamebreaking bugs, low rez textures etc not limited to PC, consoles had those too.
    But I liked the OST :biggrin:
    With the budget of $50 mil one would expect a better game.

Big Classy wrote: »
    I just got lost in it. I mean actually lost, like no idea where the shit I'm supposed to go and the crow that's supposed to fly to the next point in supposed to head to just flies around in a circle.
    Same here, got lost a bunch of times.

• Options
    Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    I too had framerate issues with Darksiders 2. It was a stuttering issue, that i eventually fixed by downloading some dll file. It was apparently the same issue in Skyrim for some people. Let me see if I can find it.

Edit: found it. It's listed as a mod for Skyrim, but it's just a dll. I believe i just dropped this into my DS2 folder and it fixed my issues.

Talus9952 on
    steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.