Options

All I want for Christmas is a shiny new [FFRK] UI update (Live!).

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    There was someone who gave his friend's code (the friend doesn't post here) and it was Advance. I'll be damned if I remember which thread it was or who the poster was.

• Options
    ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    I have a feeling that my one mutual Advance friend, named "Koro", came from these PA threads.

If that's you and you're reading this, God Bless You for being my one mutual Advance friend! :D

Only Advance RW I have. Koro is the real mvp.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Trying to decide whether I should replace Aerith/Eiko/Garnet with Y'shtola as my White Mage.

On the one hand, a healer who can equip decent armor is a nice boon.

On the other hand, her base Soul Break might be even worse than Yuna's.

Terra will be facing a similar question when her memory Crystal comes out, though it's not like Vivi's base Soul Break is much good either.

Enlong on
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Vivi can at least faith himself for the boss battle! I'm still going to switch over to Terra, because she's the queen of usables, both skills and equipment. One nice thing about Y'shtola is that if you're in a situation where you won't be healing (++ and +++ battles, usually) you can give her a Shellga/Protectga and a Breakdown.

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    Cleared the FFXIV event, now I'm looking at the Zack + event. Schizo ex was really hard for me to beat, I'm not sure I'll be able to take the dragon boss rush.

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Intimidate really trivializes two out of four of the battles, and Blind gets Rapps too. So if you focus on that you can pack all the magic mitigation for schizo and just wail on him.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    A steak! wrote: »
    Vivi can at least faith himself for the boss battle! I'm still going to switch over to Terra, because she's the queen of usables, both skills and equipment. One nice thing about Y'shtola is that if you're in a situation where you won't be healing (++ and +++ battles, usually) you can give her a Shellga/Protectga and a Breakdown.

Also important points.

I just really wish I had Terra's Enhancer sword, though.

Is anyone else kind of bemused by the fact that, of all the FFVI characters, only Locke uses their Desperation Attack as a Soul Break?

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    So the latest event in Japan features Cloud in his Advent Children costume, and gives him a Burst Super Soul Break Weapon, which is somehow better than a regular Super Soul Break Weapon. Power creep much?

• Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    So the latest event in Japan features Cloud in his Advent Children costume, and gives him a Burst Super Soul Break Weapon, which is somehow better than a regular Super Soul Break Weapon. Power creep much?

Its more than ridiculous
    https://youtu.be/nFL5j40uaI0
    After using the BSB, you go into Burst mode.

For Fenrir Drive (Clouds BSB), it increases your ATK, DEF, and SPD for the duration of Burst mode.

And it also replaces your Attack and Defend skills with: a 2hit AoE, and a 4 hit single target skill, each with unlimited uses (until Burst Mode runs out).

Not sure of the duration.

Assuming this last only long enough for 2 turns, you are looking at something that is capable of doing 160k damage with a single SB bar.

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    I wonder what the multiplier on that BSB is. Those enemies were the lowest ranking possible in the new event. Against 99 or 120+++ unlikely the damage is still going to be 9999. Still, a hell of a Soul Break.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    I wonder what the multiplier on that BSB is. Those enemies were the lowest ranking possible in the new event. Against 99 or 120+++ unlikely the damage is still going to be 9999. Still, a hell of a Soul Break.

What I'm wondering is if the +10 ATK you get for mastering Fenrir Drive stacks with the +10 ATK you get for mastering Organics, or if you've already mastered Organics, you can't get a second ++10 ATK bonus.

• Options
    Can you use burst mode to trigger 4 Retaliates on one turn?

• Options
    Well, beat Seymour Nautilus elite. But I forgot to hit him with Holy (materia equipped on Thancred because Y'shtola was packing Curaga and Shellga). So I get to do that fight again. FML.

• Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    extra 5 mithril? I'll take it.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    How in the world do you guys take out the two headed dragon on elite? He does roughly 1200 damage per head per turn to either group or single target. By the time I get a heal off he does it again.

• Options
    ok, I just finished the classics and now I have 4 Elites left once again! 317 stamina left, 236 if you don't count the refresh I'll get

plus one that I need to go back and master for 68 stamina

plus two that I need to redo for RM2s for 120 stamina..

but all together, I could possibly be done with all of the story by tomorrow.

• Options
    You... You have a total of 236 stamina?

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Total stamina count of unfinished story missions, I assume

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    Ah that makes much more sense especially with that context. I have like 120 or something and feel like it takes me way too long to drain it to 0.

• Options
    yes, that's stamina left Right now I can finish one elite at 2:00 and one more at 5 or so with the last two probably having to wait until tomorrow morning

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    How in the world do you guys take out the two headed dragon on elite? He does roughly 1200 damage per head per turn to either group or single target. By the time I get a heal off he does it again.

Shellga + Sentinel's Grimoire/Stoneskin is the light and the love and how you never actually have to worry about healing leaving them free to whack Cloud.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Fair warning! Some of the dungeons give two stamina shards in the latest update! I wasted a whole stamina refresh because of this.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Any last minute tips that could simultaneously master and do the 4 man quest for the boss rush in XIV?

I didn't manage to get any XIV gear from pulls during the event so I'm working without synergy gear. I don't know how I dicked up and didn't master it when just doing it with my normal 5 man party, but yeah.

Seems like advantulate would work fine except for the mindflayer boss which I'm not totally sure how to deal with otherwise. Probably making it too hard on myself trying to 4 man it and mastery it, but I don't think I have the time to re-do it for mastery AND redo it for the 4 man quest but I want them orbs.

I did Ifrit 4 man and mastery. Just those damn imps are going to be shitheads.

EDIT: Actually I don't think this is going to be that bad. I'll have to blow a mythril after mindflayer, but I would have had to anyway for stamina. Hopefully tempo flurry will manage to snag one of the imps with slow for those orbs, but gigas will be a joke otherwise. I'll just have to manually attack and/or bladedance the imps, at the very least to get them in retaliate %

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    For the second one bring double cut on your Advantilator and they'll fuck up an imp on short notice, and it's even better if you Haste them. You can also use Thancred's Tempo McFlurry to inflict the slow you need.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Just downloaded this game yesterday since I have this shiny new iphone 6s and wanted to put it to use. Seems fun, but the early parts are incredibly easy? My main character can oneshot basically everything, 2 shot most bosses assuming i don't feel like using one of those friend summons that instantly kills everything.

I imagine it gets harder, but I'm a few hours in and i'm still just autoplaying everything since it all dies in a round or two of combat. When does the difficulty ramp up?

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    I had to s/l a LOT to get things to line up right to land a slow and not have my party get fucked over by mind blasts in that fight.

It helped to have Thancred toss boost on both himself and my samurai. That way I could take out each imp with armor break (from my fourth party member) -> tempo flurry -> magic break. Then it was just a matter of hoping for no bad intimidates and slow landing on one of the imps as I took them down.

• Options
    edited September 2015
    Managed to master the XIV rush with the 4 man party, mindflayer almost fucked me due to not being able to land a slow, and my forgetting that SE's timer is always an hour off (savings/standard bleh) so I thought I had less time than I did and accepted a less than ideal finish in that section.

Oh well, got it anyway. As predicted the gigas was a joke.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    Tempo Flurry should satisfy the slow requirement easy. When I finally managed to beat the mindflayer, I did it because I loaded 2 of my guys with AoE limit breaks and gave my retaliator Bladeblitz

urquanlord88.png
  • Options
    I had to scrap more than a few perfectly good runs because bad RNG on Tempo Flurry meant no slowed imps. But yeah, it works.

• Options
    Yeah, I used most of my tempo flurrys on imps instead of on retaliate, and never landed. Like I said, I thought I had less time than I did so I just accepted a shit score for that round knowing I wasn't going to lose any medals on gigas and only lost one on damage for the first section.

• Options
    tbh, you don't need to fulfill the slow requirement to master the event i think. even as 4man group

urquanlord88.png
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Yeah, when I did it, I landed the slow... and lost 1 medal on time and 2 on damage, making the entire thing a wash. If you think you can ace the fights, then by all means ignore the slow.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    8-) All aces all the way through 8-)
    I blew so much mythril on that banner

• Options
    So what did everyone use their Rosetta Stone on/What potential future item are you saving it for?

• Options
    I have a few natural 5* weapons but figured I'd save it. +1 attack isn't going to change my life, so I might as well wait until I have a 6* or something like Organics.

• Options
    I'd say Organics, but I'm secretly hoping to get a Cardinal when the next Soul Break Celebration rolls around. Then it's saving every mythril in the land for that ridiculous banner (assuming it makes it over here) that has Terra and Aerith's SSB.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I used it on the Cobalt Katzbalger, on the logic that the other 5* swords I have, they have synergy in their realms, where they'd obviously get used. XIV synergy on the other hand seems like it's going to be non existent for a while (until they add an official dungeon anyways). Since it's going to have to stand on its own, might as well make it as strong as it can possibly be.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    I'm saving mine. The best weapon I currently have is a 6* blitz sword which is :rotate:

I have the worst luck with relic pulls but I'll be damned if I'm not gonna save up what mythril I can for when the SSB comes here.

• Options
    So normally when an enemy is Berserked their attacks bypass Reflect. Defender X, however, has a special exception, such that if he's Berserked, his Blast Punch is reflected (though he is immune to its effects). So I figured he couldn't do any damage if I brought Berserk and Carbuncle. Unfortunately, all my Berserks missed, and I couldn't heal my team, since I brought Carbuncle. I was PRETTY fucking pissed.

In general Core Dungeon Updates cause me way more stress than they should, since I'm obsessed with getting perfect Stamina refreshes, which requires playing at just the right time, which isn't always possible.

• Options
    These dungeons are legit getting harder and harder on their elites. When are we expecting Cloud and his level 80 Memory Crystal again?

This discussion has been closed.