Options

It's all true, especially the [chat]

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    I don't really understand the phenomenon of finding an actor irritating. It's weird to me. Maybe they're good or maybe they're not, but the idea of, like, feeling loathing and then projecting it through the screen onto whatever character they're playing is just bizarre to me

I guess I sort of understand it with like bad comic actors who make being irritating their shtick (Rob Schneider or Dice Clay or whatever) but even many of those guys end up doing a project at some point where they show they can be acceptable if separated from their shtick

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Also: You won't find anything definitive about space marine penises because GW wisely considers such prurient details beneath their concern.

Which leaves it open to interpretation.

And much like the bible, holy wars are fought and heretics burned at the stake because 40k is serious fucking business.

• Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    I don't really understand the phenomenon of finding an actor irritating. It's weird to me. Maybe they're good or maybe they're not, but the idea of, like, feeling loathing and then projecting it through the screen onto whatever character they're playing is just bizarre to me

I guess I sort of understand it with like bad comic actors who make being irritating their shtick (Rob Schneider or Dice Clay or whatever) but even many of those guys end up doing a project at some point where they show they can be acceptable if separated from their shtick

ANDY. DICK.

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular

i think it's funny people had given up on keanu reeves then he made one of the best action movies in the past decade if not longer

maybe the best

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    I wonder what happens to the Battletech Kickstater after they clear the last tier of goals?

I wouldnt be surprised if they hit the multiplayer stuff by the end of the week.

• Options
    MrMister wrote: »

ANDY. DICK.

Social Network guy.

I can't help it. It feels like he is always sneering at me.

• Options

ANDY. DICK.

Social Network guy.

jesse eisenberg? good thing he's lex luthor now cause that fits.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod

ANDY. DICK.

he sounds like a genuinely horrible person but that doesn't really stop me laughing at him in the Ben Stiller Show or NewsRadio

at least "this person probably behaves reprehensibly" is sort of a sensible position although a) I think lots of people's favorite things are made by folks who engage in behavior that the audience member might not approve of and b) lots of people going EW I HATE THAT GUY would not fare well either if living their lives in a media fishbowl

but "this person annoys me" is just lol

• Options

ANDY. DICK.

Social Network guy.

jesse eisenberg? good thing he's lex luthor now cause that fits.

That's him, yeah.

He even lampshaded himself in a cameo on Modern Family. He was like "I can't seem to help across as superior and smug, I have no friends." It was funny/sad.

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    I'll admit to having a bit of weird antipathy towards Julianne Moore that I can't really defend

I think she's very talented but for some reason she kind of creeps me out

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular

i think it's funny people had given up on keanu reeves then he made one of the best action movies in the past decade if not longer

maybe the best

Keanu Reeves is a very handsome human. That doesn't really have to do with what you said, but it's what happened in my brain when I read it.

• Options
    Oh, and Tracy Morgan.

Dude is a freaking homophobe and I can't stand him.

• Options

maybe the best

Keanu Reeves is a very handsome human. That doesn't really have to do with what you said, but it's what happened in my brain when I read it.

Also he is apparently an extremely decent human being.

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular

maybe the best

i think it means you never gave up on keanu

never

• Options
    FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Neco wrote: »
    Medieval fantasy settings are getting tired.

But apparently gay space marines are getting tired too.

(not to me of course, burly men in power armor never get old to me)

But they don't have willies any more, Regina. There's nothing down there to love no more

The quote that I was mocking actually used "gay space marines" to refer to the Halo games, Gears of War, and all similar video games with gruff, burly men in power armor with varying levels of bromance.

He was quite predictably attacked for the turn of phrase and apologized.

Then your romantic visions are sufficiently canon. Play on.

I actually do not believe it is canon that 40k space marines are ken dolls.

Like, you'll have to prove it to me, because I don't believe that GW would damage the power fantasy by saying they don't have penises.

I'd be happy to be proven wrong though.

this whole topic has shown up twice in the past 24 hours

Is it time have a serious talk about this?

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    i have not watched Quantico but I've seen a lot of previews.

The main girl reminds me of Katherine Heigl except not white.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options

ANDY. DICK.

he sounds like a genuinely horrible person but that doesn't really stop me laughing at him in the Ben Stiller Show or NewsRadio

at least "this person probably behaves reprehensibly" is sort of a sensible position although a) I think lots of people's favorite things are made by folks who engage in behavior that the audience member might not approve of and b) lots of people going EW I HATE THAT GUY would not fare well either if living their lives in a media fishbowl

Oh, I don't hate Andy Dick's performance in e.g. Newsradio because I hate his offstage behavior (though that's a delightful spice), but just because he has a very particular schtick that I find not only unfunny but positively uncomfortable to watch--so, e.g., for me he falls into your Rob Schneider / Dice Clay category.

• Options
    FroThulhu wrote: »

But they don't have willies any more, Regina. There's nothing down there to love no more

The quote that I was mocking actually used "gay space marines" to refer to the Halo games, Gears of War, and all similar video games with gruff, burly men in power armor with varying levels of bromance.

Like, you'll have to prove it to me, because I don't believe that GW would damage the power fantasy by saying they don't have penises.

Nah.

Halo space marines are hotter and less fascist anyway.

• Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    The Adeptus Astartes are surely not ken dolls, but rather they are infertile as a result of their genetic modification

I will accept no other answer

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Johnny Depp and his whole shtick bugs the shit out of me.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    this simon and garfunkel album is one i listened to nonstop while i did some bad things as a 13 year old

oh not really bad things, just credit card fraud so i could get the internet and play Gemstone III and hang out in Mog's Realm Tavern on AOL

it means a lot to me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwqwAy85CgY

• Options
    FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular
    FroThulhu wrote: »

Nah.

Halo space marines are hotter and less fascist anyway.

Objectively true

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    i have not watched Quantico but I've seen a lot of previews.

The main girl reminds me of Katherine Heigl except not white.

Priyanka Chopra is unfairly beautiful. Unfairly I say.

• Options
    I wonder what happens to the Battletech Kickstater after they clear the last tier of goals?

I wouldnt be surprised if they hit the multiplayer stuff by the end of the week.

Kickstarters, even really successful ones, usually plateau hard after the first wave of excitement (when everyone who was waiting for the thing has already donated) and then pick up again in the last three or four days as people get their paycheck for the month or go "oh shit I need to get in on this before it closes" or whatever. also there's a feedback loop effect where some people don't donate until a specific stretch goal they're holding out for is reached - so like there are people who are really just into the idea of a PvP game and won't donate until it hits that mark.

like Shadowrun HK made $1.2 million total. $500k of that came in the first week and ~$300k of it came in the last five days and then the remaining $400k sloooowly trickled in over the three weeks in between

$1.5 mil in the first week is really fucking good and I hope we can crunch out that remaining $mil before the campaign closes but if we do I think it will be in the last 7 days of the campaign

• Options
    wandering wrote: »
    I'll admit to having a bit of weird antipathy towards Julianne Moore that I can't really defend

noooo julianne moore = my waifu

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    knitdan wrote: »
    Johnny Depp and his whole shtick bugs the shit out of me.

Well it's mainly that the Jack Sparrow persona became popular and then for a long while he was asked only to act like Jack Sparrow. Yeah?

Or are you bothered by something else.

kedinik on
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options

her boston accent in 30 rock is a war crime but not sure if intentional or not

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular

does the female form make you uncomfortable

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    Cook Serve Delicious is a lot of fun.

It also makes my brain hurt.

• Options

Tilda Swinton is waifu prime

• Options

ANDY. DICK.

Oh, I don't hate Andy Dick's performance in e.g. Newsradio because I hate his offstage behavior (though that's a delightful spice), but just because he has a very particular schtick that I find not only unfunny but positively uncomfortable to watch--so, e.g., for me he falls into your Rob Schneider / Dice Clay category.

oh okay yeah I feel you there

comedy is so massively subjective and personality-driven that it's hard to quibble with someone's personal reaction to it especially when coming from a comic who kind of plays loud and in-your-face

• Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    Uh oh.

Things about to get real.
    greatest-america.jpg

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular

her boston accent in 30 rock is a war crime but not sure if intentional or not

people with the legit boston accent deserve to have this type of sociolinguistic warface waged against them

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    Goodnight.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    I still can't get over the fact that there was an art exhibit in a museum that was a glass room and Tilda Swinton would at times enter the room and read, chill, or take a nap.

That was the exhibit. Sometimes an empty room, sometimes Tilda Swinton in the room acting as though it was not a museum but simply a room in her house.

So mysterious.

<3

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Yesterday was spent visiting Jack and Sam

This was a good decision <3

• Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    I still can't get over the fact that there was an art exhibit in a museum that was a glass room and Tilda Swinton would at times enter the room and read, chill, or take a nap.

That was the exhibit. Sometimes an empty room, sometimes Tilda Swinton in the room acting as though it was not a museum but simply a room in her house.

So mysterious.

<3

I would visit this exibit

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
This discussion has been closed.