Options

[steam] manual says to cut the third wire, but only if it's not blue!

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Re: those Fallout 4 specs. Three sweetest words in the English language: minimum!

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »
    I checked the bombmanual.com site. Holy shitfuck, I forsee a lot of explosions. This shit is crazy complicated haha.

I'm going to assume most attempts to play that game, especially with drunk people, will be pretty much this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K_WmV50e7c

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Lawndart wrote: »
    CorriganX wrote: »
    I checked the bombmanual.com site. Holy shitfuck, I forsee a lot of explosions. This shit is crazy complicated haha.

I'm going to assume most attempts to play that game, especially with drunk people, will be pretty much this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K_WmV50e7c

"What the fuck, did you say dash dot dot or dash dash dot? DIDNT YOU LEARN MORSE CODE AS A KID?"

"... no? did you?"

"... no.."

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    That's pretty dope and I look forward to using this.

Also, in visiting bombmanual.com I am pretty sure we're all on a list somewhere now.

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    The bomb game reminds me of the one where every person playing is part of a starship doing different roles.

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Jragghen wrote: »
    I've got tracking info for my Steam Controller, should arrive next Tuesday.

Any requests for things to try out? If there's a lot I'll make a strawpoll and try out the top 5.
    An FPS
    A 2D platformer where precise control is required (Meat Boy maybe?)
    A game designed specifically for controllers like Brothers

I use a controller for any game that isn't mouse only as too much keyboarding gives me carpel tunnel. So most curious how it would stack up to the 360 controller which works great IMO.

I would add to this: Something mouse-and-keyboard-centric, like Civ V. Really put that thing through it's paces.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Defusing bombs is stressful as shit, so I finally finish my game and tab out. Only to be greeted by something else stressful.

qMWLqUi.png

HOW AM I GETTING HIT BECAUSE @BERYLLINE REFUSES GAMES?!

Thank you @Pixelated Pixie i've heard good things about these games, but had never tried them. I'll try to fit in some time to give them a play :D

(PS more people need bomb defusal game)

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Because Berylline nominated you to be hit in her stead.

• Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Jazz wrote: »
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    Is it me or is the GPU requirement between Nvidia and AMD out of wack? AMD's is twice as powerfulish.

I finally switched back to nVidia with my last graphics card just because I was tired of things like this and the nonsense with "oh, hey, did we accidentally cripple our game on AMD cards? HOW DOES THAT KEEP HAPPENING, IT IS A MYSTERY".

On principle I'm disgusted with myself.

but off principle: "I want to play games." :razz:

I completely agree with your statement. I really don't like that nvidia seems to be cornering the market on some big-budget titles by virtue of 'proprietary graphics implementations' but I sure as heck am still going to keep using the product that works best and makes the most pretties pictures.

They're not cornering the market. They're perceived to be cornering the market because of bullshit stuff like these supposed system requirements. I don't know if Nvidia pays companies to list shit like this or something, but the cynic in me wants to say there's shenanigans going on. Here we have a case of min-req that lists an Nvidia 550ti or an AMD card a full 5 tiers higher. I guarantee that if the 550 runs the game, so will a much lower tier AMD. But because the BOX SAYS SO, people will assume the AMDs are inferior to equivalent Nvidia cards.

And it just ain't so. Sure, sometimes Nvidia does process X better than AMD and sometimes AMD does process Z better than Nvidia, and sometimes one has a momentary tech advantage of one sort or another, but in general, at every tier of performance there's an entry from either team, and at that tier they tend to be very similar in raw performance.

Bottom line: it irritates the hell out of me when requirements like these are posted and they're blatantly bullshit but make one or the other team (and it does go both ways) look inferior. post honest, real requirements, not marketing bullshit!

ivjLIhJ.gif

I'm a bit late but it's relevant.

http://wccftech.com/nvidia-gameworks-amd-both-sides-analysis/

http://wccftech.com/fight-nvidias-gameworks-continues-amd-call-program-tragic/

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Big Classy wrote: »

Any requests for things to try out? If there's a lot I'll make a strawpoll and try out the top 5.

Any of the more recent releases. I just wanna know how it handles button prompts. Severely disappointed with the lack of DS4 support on pc.

Can you be a bit more specific (and maybe look at my games list?) I tend to be a turtle gamer, so I don't have THAT much in the way of super-recent big budget games. Shadow of Morder would be the best bet, I guess.

I would really like to know how it does in the hands of someone who is generally gaming-incompetent.

To that end, I think you should send it to me to test out. I'll send it back. Really.

My fiancee never plays games. I can have her give it a shot ;)

So looking at:

Shadow of Mordor
    RTS - I'll need to look into what I've got that's realtime. I've definitely got a few, but I don't know which (if any) would actually SUPPORT controllers. I'll do some digging
    FPS - Left 4 Dead 2 will be my goto, as I'm curious about this myself. I've always been KBAM for FPS, and I'm not sure whether the controller will change that.
    2D Platformer - Super Meat Boy will fill in nicely, although I may see what a shorter game on my "to beat" list is and try to play the whole game with it
    Brothers - I've beaten the game already, but it'd make a good testing ground
    Civ V

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    The bomb game reminds me of the one where every person playing is part of a starship doing different roles.

That would be Artemis: Spaceship Bridge Simulator.

And yes, I said the very same thing.

I love asymmetric co-op multiplayer.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    The United States of America – The freedom loving developer Free Lives and their democratically elected publisher Devolver Digital have announced that international sensation Broforce will shed its Early Access shackles and proceed with Operation Full Release on October 15. The full launch of America’s favorite freedom simulator will include a new set of challenging campaign missions as the bros charge into Satan’s stronghold for a final confrontation in hell with the dark lord himself!

To celebrate this forthcoming triumph of electronic entertainment, Free Lives and Broforce musician Deon van Heerden have released the ultra patriotic Freedom EP – a five-track album of Broforce music including The Ballad of Rambro and the Broforce Theme. The Freedom EP is free as a thank you to Broforce Early Access owners from now until launch on October 15 after which it will be prohibitively expensive but that’s capitalism for you. Get it now for free on Steam and crank it at home, in the car, or during a hostage situation.

“Broforce is the culmination of decades of American military superiority distilled into one sweet ass motherfucking video game,” said US Department of Defense Secretary Ashton Carter. “It’s even got versus mode and online co-op, bro.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_-J3Jv8kfE

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Shade wrote: »
    destroyah87 should check his mail box.

Here I was expecting to not get the goodie bag @Shade so ominiously alluded too until tomorow. USPS don't mess around though.

Behold! The assortment I did receive. (behind the spoiler)
    lvdqq46fgsi3.jpg

Thank you Shade!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Apparently, we're gifting diseases to people now . . .

• Options
    CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular
    Just popping in to say thanks for all the mobile gaming recommendations somewhere upthread. It's been very useful, especially when unable to move due to consumption of clam chowder.

Tomorrow, Amtrak into Maine. I gather trains aren't exactly the priority in US transportation, so if I don't come back, I was eaten by a bear or something.

On which note - yeah, slightly perturbed to see the 290x in F4's recommended spec - hopefully that's speculative, as it seems a mite high compared to its Nvidia comparator...

• Options
    LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    Big Classy wrote: »

Any of the more recent releases. I just wanna know how it handles button prompts. Severely disappointed with the lack of DS4 support on pc.

Can you be a bit more specific (and maybe look at my games list?) I tend to be a turtle gamer, so I don't have THAT much in the way of super-recent big budget games. Shadow of Morder would be the best bet, I guess.

I would really like to know how it does in the hands of someone who is generally gaming-incompetent.

To that end, I think you should send it to me to test out. I'll send it back. Really.

My fiancee never plays games. I can have her give it a shot ;)

So looking at:

Shadow of Mordor
    RTS - I'll need to look into what I've got that's realtime. I've definitely got a few, but I don't know which (if any) would actually SUPPORT controllers. I'll do some digging
    FPS - Left 4 Dead 2 will be my goto, as I'm curious about this myself. I've always been KBAM for FPS, and I'm not sure whether the controller will change that.
    2D Platformer - Super Meat Boy will fill in nicely, although I may see what a shorter game on my "to beat" list is and try to play the whole game with it
    Brothers - I've beaten the game already, but it'd make a good testing ground
    Civ V

If you have The Witcher (the first one), I would be reaaaally curious to see how well it works.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    Apparently, we're gifting diseases to people now . . .

But cute diseases, so it's ok.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    CroakerBC wrote: »
    Just popping in to say thanks for all the mobile gaming recommendations somewhere upthread. It's been very useful, especially when unable to move due to consumption of clam chowder.

Tomorrow, Amtrak into Maine. I gather trains aren't exactly the priority in US transportation, so if I don't come back, I was eaten by a bear or something.

On which note - yeah, slightly perturbed to see the 290x in F4's recommended spec - hopefully that's speculative, as it seems a mite high compared to its Nvidia comparator...

Amtrak comes to Maine?

Well shit. I've never seen one here.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular

Artemis is 10/10 the best meatball hailing/alien insulting/space FedEx simulator on Steam, bar none.

• Options
    chris: waffle kingchris: waffle king whiskey-fueled crank Osaka's OverbellyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2015
    It's still early in my brain, so forgive me if this has been mentioned, and i didn't notice.

Anyway, there's a 75% off sale on the Telltale games on Steam at the moment. Someone in the BL thread mentioned that the 5th episode of "Tales from..." is due out on the 20th.

Putting these together, if you don't have TftBL, now is a really good time to get it. It is very, quite good.

This has been a Public Service Announcement from Psychos For Pandora.

Unrelated SideNote: Moonbase 332 showed up in my queue today, and hoo-boy it looks like a contender for 2015's Hot Garbage of the Year award.

chris: waffle king on
    steam_sig.png
    時計仕掛けの子の丸々太った磁器の顔に表情は無いが、転がりながら、口がカチッと開閉して、腕が上下に動い た。

ージョン・タインズ、作家
    ー無名狂師、翻訳者 (俺)
    Wanna watch a gaijin butcher monsters and the Japanese Language all at once? Sure you do, and now you can!
  • Options
    HyphyKezzyHyphyKezzy The Best On MarsRegistered User regular

I'd be interested to hear if it can handle Kerbal Space Program.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Just minding my own business playing GTAV when @ElementWrath starts chatting me up and then hits me with:

9rcb0sgqzsmf.png

Between this, Subnautica, and Wurm Unlimited, my survival game itch is going to be seriously scratched. Thank you so much!

And congrats on the new job! And on your upcoming birthday (Oct 15th)!

• Options

Artemis is 10/10 the best meatball hailing/alien insulting/space FedEx simulator on Steam, bar none.

Artemis is great. I'll never forget my two favorite moments. (happened in two separate games)

Moment 1: I was spectating a game and learned that, yes, it is possible for a ship to blow up from having too much battery charge.

Moment 2: I was Com-officer and, again, one too many battery charge missions were done and the ship was feeling uncomfortably energetic. (My fault, I'd been informing the Captain of Nuke rearming missions, and didn't notice a mission with the same objectives was in place for battery charge.) So in a desperate effort to burn off battery charge, the captain ordered the ship to run at max warp down and back up along one side of the map. As the ship reached safe levels, we were nearing a friendly space-station and the captain ordered we dock at the station. As we came screaming out of warp near the station, the captain ordered Coms (me) to let the station know we're coming in for dock. Me being a bit of a smartass (shocking, I know) I commented, "I think they know we're coming Captain." (I'd already been in the process of requesing a dock, as that's just what a good Com-officer does.)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular
    CroakerBC wrote: »

Amtrak comes to Maine?

Well shit. I've never seen one here.

I hope so. Either that or I'm getting to Portland in a sled pulled by the aforementioned bears. I guess I'll see tomorrow!

Steam related: that sale price on Tales From the Borderlands is a steal, and everyone ought to get on that.

• Options
    HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    Just minding my own business playing GTAV when @ElementWrath starts chatting me up and then hits me with:

9rcb0sgqzsmf.png

Between this, Subnautica, and Wurm Unlimited, my survival game itch is going to be seriously scratched. Thank you so much!

I see what you did there...

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
    edited October 2015

9rcb0sgqzsmf.png

EDIT:oops thought it was halfazed birthday

Shade on
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Frem wrote: »
    Jazz wrote: »
    Battlefront beta apparently does not want to work on my machine. Hangs on title screen after the first "Press Start" type message and then crashes my graphics driver. That's cool, I wasn't going to pick it up anyway, I was only curious as to how it would run. And if.

The Battlefront beta told me that I needed an updated NVidia driver. Looking at the NVidia driver website, apparently the "GeForce Experience" update software stopped downloading any drivers newer than the Windows 10 launch driver. The Battlefront version of the driver was released yesterday.

Well, not only am I using an AMD GPU, it's a laptop one so I'm dependent on OEM drivers (any attempts I've made in the past to update to an actual AMD driver have failed miserably), and naturally the OEM in question hasn't updated the drivers in years. Which, as it happens, is absolutely no problem in 99.9% of games.

But there's always bloody one, isn't there... I fear the day when it's a game I actually really want to play.

I can't be the only one who thinks game-specific drivers need to die in a fire. Right?

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular

9rcb0sgqzsmf.png

It isn't?

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »

An FPS
    A 2D platformer where precise control is required (Meat Boy maybe?)
    A game designed specifically for controllers like Brothers

I use a controller for any game that isn't mouse only as too much keyboarding gives me carpel tunnel. So most curious how it would stack up to the 360 controller which works great IMO.

Ooooooh use it with a 4X. I like playing Endless Legend on the couch but it's a bit of bear with the wireless keyboard.

I've wanted to take one of those for a test drive for a while, hoping it winds up more fun than the 360.

Oh! Try it with Assault Android Cactus!

Speaking of, I'm like 25th on the Boss Rush leaderboard. Not even a big deal guys.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Bah. I gave up my goal to finish 5 games in 5 days. There just wasn't enough that I wanted to play....well, I was going to play Singularity, but whoops. turns out it's one of those older FPS games that has a really low FOV with no good way to fix it. So had to bin that. Which sucks cause I wanted to play it.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    I started playing Ark yesterday and I keep dying and the cannibalizing my own corpse. Good times.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    heenato wrote: »
    Bah. I gave up my goal to finish 5 games in 5 days. There just wasn't enough that I wanted to play....well, I was going to play Singularity, but whoops. turns out it's one of those older FPS games that has a really low FOV with no good way to fix it. So had to bin that. Which sucks cause I wanted to play it.

That does suck, because Singularity was pretty OK!

• Options
    an_altan_alt Registered User regular
    The last week has been rough. The flu or something knocked me sideways into that fuzzy state where even reading pulpy fiction was too much of a task. Seemed like the perfect opportunity to finally start Saints Row 4. So far, I've been spending the vast majority of my time on random activities and not so much on missions proper.

I've had a lot of fun with it, but I'm glad I didn't play it any sooner after finishing SR3. SR4 does feel like an expansion for SR3 with a bunch of Crackdown in the mix. Some of the new activities are fun; others less so. I really miss the timed, scored shooting gallery. Some of the new TK bits aren't all that fun. Still, it's a ton of short and varied activities packed into a sandbox, most of which are quite enjoyable.

The music is a bit different with the radio stations playing all the time instead of just in cars, but the music itself is a huge step backwards. The decent enough electronica station is now the awful dubstep station. The iffy gothrock station isn't there. The classical station hasn't improved any. Somehow the 90s rock station has been my go to radio and 90s rock rates as a 'meh' at best in my books. I might have to suck it up and create my own stations, but that seems like a lot of work for someone who owns far too many albums.

One of the best/worst things about SR4 is the writing. The setting makes the absurd make sense in context. It's better because everything totally fits, but it's so much worse because it just doesn't feel as absurd anymore. The WTF moments of SR3, which happened often, were definitely some of the best parts of the game.

All in all, I'm having a ton of fun with Saint Row 4. I know most of the thread played it a long time ago, but if you haven't tried it yet, it's definitely one of the best sandbox games I've ever played. Even getting around the world can be fun unto itself.

Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Flawless Widescreen works for Singularity, when I just loaded it up, gives FOV options too. So might be worth looking into that. Didn't load up Singularity since it is not installed though, but generally it works with all the games it has default profiles for.

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Still. I've got enough I can play without having to download a 3rd party mod so the game doesn't make me physically ill.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular

9rcb0sgqzsmf.png

It isn't?

Nope, my birthday already happened this year :D

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
  • Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    I think that Youtube video kinda summed up the entire experience for me, so now I am good. lol.

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Are there any games that come close the the combination of Open World, ARPG, and Third Person Action mechanics that Kingdoms of Amalur has? I'm mainly asking for my brother, who is looking for something new to get addicted to. :wink:

Kalnaur on
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    I'm so close to the end of Tie Fighter, and I don't want to move onto anything else until I have reason to unplug my stick.

This discussion has been closed.