Options

[Destiny] IB 2.0: My Babar is Ready

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Dammit, Bungie.net, get the damned Gear back up and running! I forget if I have Y2 NBP or not. I think I do? If not, I have some marks to earn.

Also, holy shit Y2 Monte Carlo + Shotgun + Y2 NBP is like "fuck you, you ain't killing me!"

Edit: OH THANK GOD, the only Y2 arms I don't have are the fucking No Backup Plans. That's awesome. And I only have 37 marks. Blah. Do we know how many marks each IB Bounty provides now?

Fawst on
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    Formal Bow Emote is the gentlemanly version of the childish teabagging I've wanted for Trials of Osiris.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    Sirialis wrote: »
    I had these on my Warlock, totally forgot about them apparently 8-)

2z8uq6a.png

Real talk, NBP+Chaperone is probably going to be in my rotation for most of IB. There is no substitute for a Defender bubble when you absolutely have to take and hold a point and your team just wants to hide, or go in one by one and get lit up.

Loosely related to your post, but there's nothing more obnoxious than being in a control match and having Titans bubble every capture point. That happened maybe last week and I was all but ready to quit the match. It was on cauldron too.

Dare I say you shouldn't even be able to bubble the capture points. Not being able to use armor abilities on the hills in Halo 4 was neat... but anyway... I think that'd eliminate the one thing Defender titans are good for in Control other than suppression grenades. :P

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    That Sidearm is going to be amazing for a run and gun mobile type build. Zen moment/Quickdraw/Snapshot etc plus the other perks have a great synergy that rewards engaging until Sidearm range, then switching to the Secondary and getting a ton of buffs just from the swap and first shot.
    I'm excited to see how it compares to my Feeding Frenzy/Reactive Reload Jabberhakke-D.

I have a Conviction with Zen moment and Outlaw. The main issue is keeping the shots on target for all of the legendary sidearms that I have tested. Recoil is outta control. Zen moment alleviates this quite a bit and with Hot Swap giving extra accuracy that Ironwreath could be very very stable.
    That's why I like my setup so much; stability isn't really an issue. Just mash the trigger until the thing in front of you is dead, compulsively reload (like I always do) and profit.

Actually clocking headshots could be cool, too, though.

The news on NBP is definitely making actual Defender more attractive, though. I was planning on rolling Striker like always, but I've got a 298 Immobius and a monte carlo I can infuse that could make permanent overshield a thing.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited October 2015
    So

People have datamined consumables from the Eververse inventory.

There is one that levels a subclass completely. :rotate:

It begins

ObiFett on
  • Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    squall99x wrote: »
    Some people on Reddit have said that their updates for IB were only 500 meg, so I decided to delete the update file I was downloading and get it to re-prepare and give it time to prepare fully (sitting at 84% right now and moving slowly). Hopefully that will make it so I don't need to update the full 18gig.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Once it got donw "preparing" for the update the actual update was only around 500 or so, just watching it count down now :)

Yup, that worked perfectly. Sitting at 17.6GB of 18.1GB. 42 minutes left (should be quicker than that really, but it's better than 22 hours)

@Corporal Carl you need to delete the update that's downloading, go to destiny, options -> check for update.

Then leave it alone, don't worry if it takes ages to prepare (it will).

To repeat: FOR ANYONE ON PS4 WHO'S GETTING AN 18GB UPDATE, DELETE IT THEN RETRY AND LET IT PREPARE, IT SHOULD ONLY BE 500MB

Muffinatron on
    PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    ObiFett wrote: »
    So

It begins

Still not Pay to Win. That's the kind of thing I would absolutely pay for if I felt like deleting a character and doing it over again. I have absolutely zero problem with this because it's just a time sink I'm avoiding. Now, buying gear? No. I do not want that. Full stop, get off my lawn, what's the matter with kids today?

Ships, Shaders, Sparrows Emblems, Emotes, Level-Me-Ups are all A-OK by me.
    Primaries, Specials, Heavies, any armor (including class), Ghosts, Artifacts: fuck no.

Fawst on
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    So

It begins

Ugh.

Like, I don't actually mind that too terribly much but still....it bodes.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    So

It begins

I'd buy it. I've got a spark of light, a titan and a hunter I just can't be bothered with, because seriously, FUCK levelling to 40 then levelling to 40 then levelling to 40 then lev... It's a good mechanic for one character. It may even be a good mechanic for all characters, one class. It blows chunky goats to do 3xN, where N is how many dudes you got. Nothing better than "okay, time to try this Gunslinger thing, I... Can't even jump. Fuck."

• Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    So do the purchasable emotes go into selectable slots? Like if I wanna buy the Carlton, slow clap, and fist pump can I put them in place of dance/point/wave?

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    So

It begins

Ugh.

Like, I don't actually mind that too terribly much but still....it bodes.

exactly

• Options
    edited October 2015
    Fawst wrote: »
    So

It begins

Still not Pay to Win. That's the kind of thing I would absolutely pay for if I felt like deleting a character and doing it over again. I have absolutely zero problem with this because it's just a time sink I'm avoiding. Now, buying gear? No. I do not want that. Full stop, get off my lawn, what's the matter with kids today?

Primaries, Specials, Heavies, any armor (including class), Ghosts, Artifacts: fuck no.

But getting the right gear is just a timesink too, right? I mean if you can buy gear with silver you are just avoiding the RNG timesink. No different than avoiding the experience timesink everyone else has put into their subclasses...

ObiFett on
  • Options
    So

It begins

But getting the right gear is just a timesink too, right? I mean if you can buy gear with silver you are just avoiding the RNG timesink. No different than avoiding the experience timesink everyone else has put into their subclasses...

Depends on whether they make it exclusive gear for purchasing with Silver.

• Options
    ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    So

It begins

I think that slope is slippery. =P

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Gear is a time sink with randomness. Leveling/leveling sub classes is just literally time spent doing something. There is no randomness to unlocking classes.

Besides its not currently in the game yet so don't freak out about something someone found in the files? Could just be a left over from an idea?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    So

It begins

But gear is just a timesink too, right? I mean if you can buy gear with silver you are just avoiding the RNG timesink. No different than avoiding the experience timesink everyone else has put into their subclasses...

If you can buy the same gear, sure. It doesn't matter one whit to my experience if everyone and their brother can buy a Hawkmoon for $5.

It would bug me if there were a Hawkmoon that does Void damage that you could only get by paying $5. I'd probably buy one but it'd be lame I couldn't get it otherwise.

If people can go spend $50 to buy a level 40 character with all their subclass skills maxed out and a set of raid gear... So what? If they come rolling up into Crucible they're probably going to suck since they haven't played the game as much as someone who didn't buy their way into that. If they go play PvE...that has literally no bearing whatsoever on my game.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    Erevar wrote: »
    So

It begins

I think that slope is slippery. =P

It totally is. ;)

Doesn't make me any less afraid for how close to the line Activision might get with their new cash shop and how they might justify crossing it in the future.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    So

It begins

Not to be *that guy* but they datamined that such an item exists, not that it's in the EV store. It's in fact *not* in the EV store. Maybe it goes there eventually? Dunno, but currently it's not there.

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    So

It begins

But gear is just a timesink too, right? I mean if you can buy gear with silver you are just avoiding the RNG timesink. No different than avoiding the experience timesink everyone else has put into their subclasses...

I have a Warlock. I like my warlock. My warlock's kinda pimped, not bad for not raiding and stuff. All 3 classes maxed, bunch of purples... Aw yeah.

I also have a baby titan, who is kind of cool and a defender punchy person. And a hunter that... Got me a grimoire card.

Ain't playing Mr. Titan 'cause fuck levelling 3 more subclasses, man. I will physically shove a couple bucks through the screen if you let me skip the whole "cannot even fucking jump" portion of the game that I have already done 3 times.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    So

It begins

If you can buy the same gear, sure. It doesn't matter one whit to my experience if everyone and their brother can buy a Hawkmoon for $5.

It would bug me if there were a Hawkmoon that does Void damage that you could only get by paying $5. I'd probably buy one but it'd be lame I couldn't get it otherwise.

If people can go spend $50 to buy a level 40 character with all their subclass skills maxed out and a set of raid gear... So what? If they come rolling up into Crucible they're probably going to suck since they haven't played the game as much as someone who didn't buy their way into that. If they go play PvE...that has literally no bearing whatsoever on my game.

I don't understand why anyone would be cool with this. It completely neuters the game, imo.
    Preacher wrote: »
    Gear is a time sink with randomness. Leveling/leveling sub classes is just literally time spent doing something. There is no randomness to unlocking classes.

Besides its not currently in the game yet so don't freak out about something someone found in the files? Could just be a left over from an idea?

I'm not "freaking out". I just get nervous because I like this game and don't want it ruined by a scummy cash shop making it feel like a strangling F2P game. I am nervous because it is literally the one thing that will outright kill my desire to play the game.

I just really really really dislike cash shops in games. Especially in ones I've already spent money to buy.

I'll shut up now about it.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    dporowski wrote: »
    So

It begins

I have a Warlock. I like my warlock. My warlock's kinda pimped, not bad for not raiding and stuff. All 3 classes maxed, bunch of purples... Aw yeah.

I also have a baby titan, who is kind of cool and a defender punchy person. And a hunter that... Got me a grimoire card.

Ain't playing Mr. Titan 'cause fuck levelling 3 more subclasses, man. I will physically shove a couple bucks through the screen if you let me skip the whole "cannot even fucking jump" portion of the game that I have already done 3 times.

You're mistaken at the end there, Titan only has two subclasses and Defender is more a utility thing than a subclass.

• Options
    I'd be pretty pissed if you could just buy gear. Like, quitting pissed. But that's not even remotely happening yet.

There are a bunch of emotes you can buy and that's it.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    I hope people buy piles of stuff I don't care about and it actually goes back into development of new content.

• Options
    So

It begins

Actually, no. You would have to actually do certain things above and beyond just running around the Steppes killing the newbyard trash to get a lot of gear, whereas you can do precisely that and hit level 40/max your three subclasses. One is getting you up and running so you can get into the game faster, the other would be bypassing actually playing the game, or "pay to win."

• Options
    God this download is slow. It's better than doing 18GB for sure, but it's waaayyy slower than I know my connection is.

PSN update servers must be getting hammered.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    There are also consumables in the database that increase the chance of a raid drop, oh noes!

Oh wait that shit has been in there since TTK launched

• Options
    CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    So

It begins

That sure is a long walk you're taking.

• Options
    So

It begins

Actually, no. You would have to actually do certain things above and beyond just running around the Steppes killing the newbyard trash to get a lot of gear, whereas you can do precisely that and hit level 40/max your three subclasses. One is getting you up and running so you can get into the game faster, the other would be bypassing actually playing the game, or "pay to win."

So gaining experience != playing the game.

Good to know.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    Also, how in the world has no one commented on this from the patch notes:

Shaxx's Weekly Bounties now unlock across all characters after completing the Crucible Questline on one character

Like, holy fucking shit, Batman. Now I have even more incentive to finish off the "3 wins with 6 kills using X" and the last "Get wins" portion on my Titan.

Edit: dammit, Bungie, could you fucking show progress on your Progress screen? I know I haven't put an X in the box signifying that a mission is complete, but how far into it am I?

Fawst on
  • Options
    ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    Rewinding the thread back a page or two: do we know yet the cost of the Xur exotic re-roll dohickey? I think most of us are assuming that it would cost strange coins, but couldn't it also cost an exotic shard?

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Options
    God this download is slow. It's better than doing 18GB for sure, but it's waaayyy slower than I know my connection is.

PSN update servers must be getting hammered.

'Cannot download. Data is corrupted.'

FUUUUUUUUCK

• Options

Shaxx's Weekly Bounties now unlock across all characters after completing the Crucible Questline on one character

Like, holy fucking shit, Batman. Now I have even more incentive to finish off the "3 wins with 6 kills using X" and the last "Get wins" portion on my Titan.

Because a whole lot of us just sorta ignored Shax's bounties? Like, I was mildly interested into it until what it involved leaked and yeah....nope.

• Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    Here's everything that Eververse is currently selling

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options

Yeah, this made me so happy and gave me the final push to make me want to start doing the Crucible questline. I was dreading having to do the entire chain on all my characters and that alone stopped me from even trying.

This was a great change.

• Options
    Erevar wrote: »
    Rewinding the thread back a page or two: do we know yet the cost of the Xur exotic re-roll dohickey? I think most of us are assuming that it would cost strange coins, but couldn't it also cost an exotic shard?

Pretty sure Xur has only ever taken Coins and Motes as payment. I don't see why he'd take a shard as payment considering he literally sells us shards in the form of unwanted exotics.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I'm currently stuck on the salvage objective. The few times salvage has been up in the daily no relics were salvaged on my team ever.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    So

It begins

I don't understand why anyone would be cool with this. It completely neuters the game, imo.

Why?

I don't understand the line of thought that other people getting stuff I worked for more easily than I did is hurting my game somehow. It's not buying stuff from other players, so it's not like people are going to be farming gear to sell like in most MMOs. And none of the gear in Destiny is that hard to get. Here we are like a month out from TTK and most of the people who play a fair bit have a solid chunk of the gear that can be gotten at this point. Nobody is camping a boss for weeks on end hoping for some super-rare drop. Why does it matter if someone can spend some money to do what I spent time on? The reward for my time is the same as it was before.

But I think it's just a worldview difference. It seems like people fall on one side or the other of the divide and the opposite just makes no sense from the side you're on.

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Some of you guys don't know what pay to win means. If you can buy the thing, it has to be BETTER than what you can't buy.

So if you can buy any exotic currently out, that is not pay to win. That's paying to save time needed to find it.

If you can buy an item that is better than what's currently out, that's pay to win.

Kind of a really important distinction since some butts are being clenched.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    Some of you guys don't know what pay to win means. If you can buy the thing, it has to be BETTER than what you can't buy.

So if you can buy any exotic currently out, that is not pay to win. That's paying to save time needed to find it.

If you can buy an item that is better than what's currently out, that's pay to win.

And I am telling you right now, that if the bolded becomes a thing, I am done with this game.

Its neutering the game because the entirety of this game is finding loot through playing the challenging game. Allowing the player to basically "win" the loot game by being able to buy anything that the rest of us are relying on RNG for is essentially Pay to Win in this type of game.

ObiFett on
  • Options

And I am telling you right now, that if the bolded becomes a thing, I am done with this game.
    I can agree with that.

There's no way I can afford to play a game with that kind of model.