Options

[Star Wars Movies]: Four . . .

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Yeah, the best part is Lucas has seen the completed film. That means he had no input or control over it whatsoever at any time during its finalization.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Is anyone actually looking forward to a young Han Solo spinoff?

"Its that character you like but younger, more annoying and played by a different actor" never seems like a good idea.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »

"Its that character you like but younger, more annoying and played by a different actor" never seems like a good idea.

It's not like they have any exact experience with this *cough The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles cough*

• Options
    edited December 2015
    Morkath wrote: »

It's not like they have any exact experience with this *cough The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles cough*
    I did hear that won a lot of awards but all I remember is being bored to death by it as a kid.

I think I'm just prejudiced against prequels of all kinds at this point.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    "Your last names is Jones, but you don't speak Welsh?"

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Young Indiana Jones was really good.

My ticket is for the 20th in the afternoon. Have to wait multiple days before I see it. But movies are more fun with friends.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular

By the time that enters productions, it's likely they will do the whole thing in CGI and have ford dub over the moive. I really hope they don't try to cast a new actor in the roll.

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    That_Guy wrote: »

By the time that enters productions, it's likely they will do the whole thing in CGI and have ford dub over the moive. I really hope they don't try to cast a new actor in the roll.

I actually hadn't been following this. Was it intended to be another TV series? I thought it was going to be one of Disney's yearly-films-into-perpetuity type deals.

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    My tickets are at 7:50 on the 17th. I plan to arrive at the theater, put headphones in, and stand in line while staunchly ignoring everyone else who might be speculating or discussing what they read on the internet.

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    My tickets are at 7:50 on the 17th. I plan to arrive at the theater, put headphones in, and stand in line while staunchly ignoring everyone else who might be speculating or discussing what they read on the internet.

all i think of now is the scene from The Simpson, with Homer and Marge coming out of Empire Strikes Back and spoiling it for everyone waiting in line. you just know there are gonna be a few dickheads that try something like this. :(

• Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular

Be careful with this channel. He/she just found every piece of footage released and edited them in order, and I have to say, I'm willing to bet I just spoiled myself for the whole movie. Worth it to me, but definitely don't look at it if you want to go in blind.

That being said, the beats seem so... perfect for a star wars movie.

• Options
    Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
    Shit getting in my way. Job interview at 3 on the 18th, my movie's at 4:30.

This... will be interesting.

• Options
    Mr Khan wrote: »
    Shit getting in my way. Job interview at 3 on the 18th, my movie's at 4:30.

This... will be interesting.

YOU GOT DIS

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    all hail pre assigned seating

god it's so civilized gonna be so great

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »

Recliner Seats? Dine in Theaters!? I CAN BUY A BEER WHILE I WATCH STAR WARS!?!

What a time.

• Options
    Part of the fun of coming home from having seen this is going to get to look up some of the crazier rumors about it that turned out to be total BS.

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    10 days, people.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    Part of the fun of coming home from having seen this is going to get to look up some of the crazier rumors about it that turned out to be total BS.

I remember downloading a few of the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows "leaks" before the book came out, just so I could compare it to the book afterwards. Needless to say, I was very amused when it turned out Dudley turned out to be a wizard.

One of the kids I work with asked me if I was going to see this movie and I showed him my tickets, and he lost his mind that I had them for the 17th when the movie comes out on the 18th. Plus, one of the kids has shoes with a picture of Kylo Ren on them and his lightsaber lights up whenever he steps, and it is pretty cool.

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular

Yes indeed. So thankful there's an Alamo Drafthouse in my city. I took of Friday and have tickets for 11:00 and 2:30.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    edited December 2015

Be careful with this channel. He/she just found every piece of footage released and edited them in order, and I have to say, I'm willing to bet I just spoiled myself for the whole movie. Worth it to me, but definitely don't look at it if you want to go in blind.

That being said, the beats seem so... perfect for a star wars movie.

Here it is, it really does seem to make sense and give most of the major beats.

TLDR: kinda SPOILERISH..but not really, think about this decision before clicking.

Cabezone on
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Maybe spoiler tags? I know it's weird to ask since it's just stitched together previews, but I clicked on it without thinking.

• Options
    I mean...all the words above it say it's kinda spoilery.

• Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    I'm serious, it's not just trailers, it's got snippets and "pre-release" footage. basically anything they released that doesn't have the behind-the-camera people in it.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Cabezone wrote: »
    I mean...all the words above it say it's kinda spoilery.
    Exactly. It's spoilery. Please put it behind spoiler tags.

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Here's a real spoiler
    12310691_10153388820257153_8590253533069071510_n.jpg

Good job, toy makers. Good fucking grief.

Basically, avoid the toy section at the store until you've seen the movie, I guess.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    Here's a real spoiler

Basically, avoid the toy section at the store until you've seen the movie, I guess.

I'm normally terrible about guessing what's going on in movies, but I knew that was happening the second I saw the first teaser.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Technically that was spoiled by something else.

I believe there was a battery commercial that had a kid dressed up like her using a light saber.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Emissary42Emissary42 Registered User regular
    Cabezone wrote: »
    Here's a real spoiler

I'm normally terrible about guessing what's going on in movies, but I knew that was happening the second I saw the first teaser.
    Pretty much. "Callow youth on a desert planet without a full set of parents" tends to point one way in Star Wars trilogies.

• Options
    Wouldn't it be great if that was a fake out? Anyone else on board for full corporate subversion?

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    I would not be too surprised that toy and commercial companies are throwing lightsabers in any good guys hands because money money money. And i would also not be surprised if Lucasfilm didn't care.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Well let's not forget
    vcm37vj2z0ul.jpg

It could all be a fakeout.

McFodder on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
    Wouldn't it be great if that was a fake out? Anyone else on board for full corporate subversion?

Pretty sure the fake-out is in the other direction.

• Options
    Goumindong wrote: »
    I would not be too surprised that toy and commercial companies are throwing lightsabers in any good guys hands because money money money. And i would also not be surprised if Lucasfilm didn't care.

Corroborating evidence

So I guess I'm excited for that but I honestly wouldn't have expected it happens in the film and I'd assume most folks wouldn't.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    Goumindong wrote: »

Corroborating evidence

So I guess I'm excited for that but I honestly wouldn't have expected it happens in the film and I'd assume most folks wouldn't.
    The second you saw her as a trained melee fighter you knew she was gonna pick up a saber at some point.

• Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    I guess this means it's time for me to check out of this thread until I see the movie. If I stick around the temptation to open spoilers will be too great.

• Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    I've been deeply embroiled in spoiler boards and subreddits for the past three years -- so to look in here and see so many thoughts and theories is very refreshing.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    We should maybe make a new thread where one thread is strictly spoiler/speculation free?

I just deleted every app on my phone that would conceivably talk about any Star Wars ever. I have to make it to next ThursdayFriday afternoon!

Edit: and the other thread provides a space to discuss the movie as people see it of course.

Edit #2: shit, not Thursday, I wait until fridayyyyyyyyyyy

davidsdurions on
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular

What a time.

The Warren theater near us has food delivery and beer in their normal theaters. They also have one screen that's only got like, 6 rows of 4/5 seats. But they're comfy recliners. It also costs like twice as much as their normal screens. We did it for The Martian since we'd scheduled to go at a specific time listed on the moviefone website, which neglected to mention it was in the fancy room. It's not something I'd do all the time, but was totally awesome.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular

What a time.

The Warren theater near us has food delivery and beer in their normal theaters. They also have one screen that's only got like, 6 rows of 4/5 seats. But they're comfy recliners. It also costs like twice as much as their normal screens. We did it for The Martian since we'd scheduled to go at a specific time listed on the moviefone website, which neglected to mention it was in the fancy room. It's not something I'd do all the time, but was totally awesome.

We just got one of those in Athens, GA--the rather dilapidated Carmichael's was completely refurnished turned into a Carmichael O-Vation. Given how grossly overpriced candy and drinks are, the menu was actually pretty reasonable, with something like the Salmon L. Jackson entree being "only" twice what it would probably cost anywhere else.

Watching all of The Martian while smelling someone else's salmon dinner was kind of an irritant though.