Options

Like, read some [Webcomics]?

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    That was dumb of Rosenberg to say

He'll need at least one more to complete the line!

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Dr. Rosenberg is trash-talkin'.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    This is the first time I've noticed that the kid's leg is open in panel 2 of that comic, while the kid is awake enough to talk
    Local anesthetics.

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    x192wqadfclx.jpg

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    This is the first time I've noticed that the kid's leg is open in panel 2 of that comic, while the kid is awake enough to talk
    Local anesthetics.

Aren't really effective enough for surgery to that degree. Most people aren't even advised to get their wisdom teeth removed under local.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Local anesthetics.

Yeah not for that kinda thing I wouldn't think

The comic would still work with his leg closed

And really it's fine now, I just never noticed and it weirds me out

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    there are surgeries that are done like that, with the patient awake. I don't remember the specifics but when my grandmother had her knee replaced for some reason it was important she not get a total general, and they just put a screen between her upper body and legs (mostly I assume to keep her from freaking out about such as exposed bones.)

I dunno if patients in those surgeries are really conscious enough to be petulant about stuff though

it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    there are surgeries that are done like that, with the patient awake. I don't remember the specifics but when my grandmother had her knee replaced for some reason it was important she not get a total general, and they just put a screen between her upper body and legs (mostly I assume to keep her from freaking out about such as exposed bones.)

I dunno if patients in those surgeries are really conscious enough to be petulant about stuff though

I think I've heard of that being necessary for certain kinds of brain surgery. Something about needing input from the patient.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    Local anesthetics.

Aren't really effective enough for surgery to that degree. Most people aren't even advised to get their wisdom teeth removed under local.

I had a wisdom tooth removed under local

I don't recommend it

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I had my wisdom teeth removed while I was totally unconscious and I highly recommend it
    I closed my eyes and then opened them and it was done, it was great

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    1450200138-huisku.jpg
    LET'S DO IT

sometimes leona is so corny i wanna jump out of the window

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    I have my wisdom teeth still in my mouth causing me a great deal of discomfort because I can't afford surgery

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    I got my wisdom teeth out recently, apparently while coming out of the anesthesia but before actually waking up or whatever I took some selfies and told my friend I had to instagram facebook them

he took my phone away

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    I got my wisdom teeth out recently, apparently while coming out of the anesthesia but before actually waking up or whatever I took some selfies and told my friend I had to instagram facebook them

he took my phone away

That is solid friending right there

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    No guys, the answer is he's had so many operations that all the nerves in his leg are dead, geez

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Naphtali wrote: »
    Local anesthetics.

I don't recommend it

me too! But mine was fine.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    cmHHVgN.png

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Local anesthetics.

I don't recommend it

Yeah my oral sugeon was GOING to put me out. I paid for it, then when I got there he was like "Well your..big and I'm afraid the amount of gas needed to put you to sleep might be dangerous for your system."

So I guess I'm an elephant.

• Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Coinage wrote: »
    cmHHVgN.png

2axnWHl.png

Peccavi on
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular

My 'big' surgery was done under an epidural while I remained conscious.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin

he took my phone away

when I had surgery on my hand a few years ago, I woke up from anesthesia in a different room and I told my mom "whooooooooa, it's like I teleported," and she still doesn't believe me when I say I knew I was making a joke

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    I and most of my friends who have had wisdom teeth removed had it under local. Heck, in my case, difficulties from the root shape meant it took just under an hour, and at no point was I really in any pain.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Previously
    UvBi94G.jpg
    qBWlwgQ.jpg
    kMFxDwq.jpg
    FGQ89aC.jpg
    YgpHSxx.jpg
    iawwnzz.jpg
    S74SF1j.png
    iRW2kI1.jpg
    o4KP9Mc.jpg
    Nr4XAmL.jpg

Coming on a little strong there Seol-A!

I like a lot of the little details in this chapter. Seol-A's fingernails had been blue, so she re-did them just for this outfit. That she's like the only character in webcomics who still actually walks around with a purse. It really kinda communicates the idea that she's not just a pretty girl, she's someone who spends a lot of time and attention on her appearance. The way No-Rae's friend is half paying attention and half texting while they're eating lunch.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    Local anesthetics.

I don't recommend it

me too! But mine was fine.

mine was mostly fine too, but it took him an hour to get just one out (not embedded, not impacted, it was fine but he insisted they had to come out to prevent future crowding), and I was just like "okay, we're done for now" as the local was starting to wear off. note this was my regular dentist trying to be a bad ass doing it, not an oral surgeon

crowding has yet to appear almost 7 years later with the remaining three

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Huh, I wonder if that's a thing people do, and I just never noticed it.
    Roving bands of people who all try to talk / mack on the same pretty guy or gal.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    My wisdom teeth came out without issue. I was groggy and had no muscle control for the first hour afterwards, having to be helped to the car and then inside the house once driven home. After that though I made sure to stick to easy foods like soup (lukewarm) and Jello. Recovered quickly and needed none of the Vicodin I'd been given.

My brother, on the flipside, decided to punch himself in the mouth when he woke up because he couldn't feel anything and was high as a kite, barfed out the window of the car on the way back home, and took his Vicodin on schedule religiously while huddled on the couch.

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    Gundi wrote: »
    I really like how apparently Saitama in OPM was apparently like a law student or something. Cause in the OVA, he runs into a guy having a problem with a loanshark. And rather than go to fight him, he goes to explain the law and how what the loanshark is doing is illegal under Japanese law.

when did this happen

• Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Orphane wrote: »
    Gundi wrote: »
    I really like how apparently Saitama in OPM was apparently like a law student or something. Cause in the OVA, he runs into a guy having a problem with a loanshark. And rather than go to fight him, he goes to explain the law and how what the loanshark is doing is illegal under Japanese law.

when did this happen

An OVA for the anime was released a little while back. It is about Saitama before he lost his hair but after he started doing hero stuff on the side. I don't know of any place you can watch it legitimately.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Local anesthetics.

I don't recommend it

Yeah my oral sugeon was GOING to put me out. I paid for it, then when I got there he was like "Well your..big and I'm afraid the amount of gas needed to put you to sleep might be dangerous for your system."

So I guess I'm an elephant.

That's what happened to me. They started giving me the gas, it didn't do jack crap, so they kept cranking the dose and asking if I felt drowsy, until they said that any more would risk other side effects even if it didn't show any of the primary effects. So I was 100% conscious through the whole procedure, and even the numbing agent they used in my mouth wore off about 2/3rds of the way through.

Fortunately, the percocets afterwards did exactly what they were supposed to do, without any dosage shenanigans.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Huh, I wonder if that's a thing people do, and I just never noticed it.
    Roving bands of people who all try to talk / mack on the same pretty guy or gal.

Well I mean, those dudes are freshmen, so they have to travel together for protection.

I've certainly known a few people irl for whom getting hit on is less of a surprise and more of a constant repeating fact of social interaction though.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    I made Galaxy Nachos for dinner.

• Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Peas was warned for this.
    Super below standards of posting - A steak!

A duck! on
  • Options
    GoldenSeducerGoldenSeducer AAAAAUGH!! Registered User regular
    I thought I clicked on the wrong thread. This is the webcomics thread, right? Or is it the spooky webcomics thread now?

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    All spook, all the time. Christmas? That's just another name for Spookmas.

• Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    The FUCK?

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    edited December 2015
    I thought I clicked on the wrong thread. This is the webcomics thread, right? Or is it the spooky webcomics thread now?
    Broodhollow is spooky. SSSS is spooky. False Positive is trying to be spooky. Demon is so bad it's spooky.

Coinage on
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    well that was dark

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Color me curious.

• Options
    Captain MarcusCaptain Marcus now arrives the hour of actionRegistered User regular
    edited December 2015
    dude what the hell, this is a 13+ forum

spoil that crap at least

edit- i doubt workplaces would look on that kindly as well

Captain Marcus on
This discussion has been closed.