Options

a single train for [chat]

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    japan wrote: »
    There's an interesting effect that kicks in when companies named after a person start getting really big

They either deliberately keep the name to appear smaller than they actually are, and imply folksy small business personal service

Or they change the name to seem more corporate and carry more credibility with other large organisations

Or they inadvertently advertise sexual services

• Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »
    Hmm, maybe I should give WoW another go.

*plays til level five*

Newp.

Uninstall wow and play blops3 with me

E-z

Are you PC master race?

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    There's an interesting effect that kicks in when companies named after a person start getting really big

They either deliberately keep the name to appear smaller than they actually are, and imply folksy small business personal service

Or they change the name to seem more corporate and carry more credibility with other large organisations

Combine both tactics

Jim & Martha Manufacturing Trust LLC

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Next up on AGDQ is the Tasbot, (Tool assisted Speedrun) in about 20mins
    That is going to be some crazy shit
    They are also doing a 4 way race of a new short NES fanmade game, where 2 speedrunners have had a few months to practice, a team at ADGQ had 4 hours to write a tasbot file for it, and the internet at large also had 4 hours. That's going to be interesting.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod

They should probably do both

"Discount BJ warehouse"

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    I am going to email the dean of the college and the department head about this shitty class

just thinking about it makes me upset

Hm I don't think I've heard about this tell me more

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/34199268#Comment_34199268
    group member emails him to make sure a hybrid app is okay (so everyone can participate in development regardless of OS), he responds back that nope it should be native and it's no biggie, lots of times people on development teams don't get to compile

Like, if you want me to Skoopy, I could e-mail your professor and tell him: "As an industry, no. this is a load of horse shit. developers always have accessible and productive development environments which includes the compiler for a particular platform."

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »

"Discount BJ warehouse"

Discount BJs are bad, mmkay.

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular

Combine both tactics

Jim & Martha Manufacturing Trust LLC

I'm actually specifically thinking of DH Mansfield, who we use at work

If you're dealing with them on a corporate level, they're Mansfield Group

If you're some poor bastard at the side of the road, the truck that comes to rescue you is signwritten D.H. Mansfield, Stoke-on-Trent, est. 1978

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular

"Discount BJ warehouse"

1023720006_dCXvz-L.jpg

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    This baby in the store is either mildly unhappy or being tortured can't tell the difference

Poor parent

• Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    Rainbow Road longest road

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Yeah nothing brings out that primal YEAH GET FUCKED SON like FPS games.

Soldier of Fortune II online was DA BES

That is the only game I have ever griefed in online just for the heck of it.

Also, that's where I discovered goatse, someone used the original URL as their screen name.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Oh man, the music is so good on this actual Mario Kart 64 Rainbow Road track.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    SanderJK wrote: »
    Next up on AGDQ is the Tasbot, (Tool assisted Speedrun) in about 20mins
    That is going to be some crazy shit
    They are also doing a 4 way race of a new short NES fanmade game, where 2 speedrunners have had a few months to practice, a team at ADGQ had 4 hours to write a tasbot file for it, and the internet at large also had 4 hours. That's going to be interesting.

Lol, so apparently it is a game about info security, which seems really like an odd thing to exist, so buffer overflowsband sequence breaks will be amusing

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    Hmm, maybe I should give WoW another go.

*plays til level five*

Newp.

Uninstall wow and play blops3 with me

E-z

Are you PC master race?

Like some sweaty tryhard aristocrat?

No

Xbone salt of the earth reporting for duty

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »

"Discount BJ warehouse"

1023720006_dCXvz-L.jpg

You'll be glad you came!

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    The Half Price Handjobs strips gets me every time.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Good afternoon [chat]. Have a sperm toggle

• Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    This baby in the store is either mildly unhappy or being tortured can't tell the difference

Poor parent

Like, bad parent of parent deserving of pitty?

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    I am going to email the dean of the college and the department head about this shitty class

just thinking about it makes me upset

Hm I don't think I've heard about this tell me more

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/34199268#Comment_34199268
    group member emails him to make sure a hybrid app is okay (so everyone can participate in development regardless of OS), he responds back that nope it should be native and it's no biggie, lots of times people on development teams don't get to compile

Like, if you want me to Skoopy, I could e-mail your professor and tell him: "As an industry, no. this is a load of horse shit. developers always have accessible and productive development environments which includes the compiler for a particular platform."

here's what I'm planning to send (made into an image so it's not google-able):

2emkc3o.png

whatcha think?

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Once the Bimek SLV is closed, sperm will remain present in the ejaculatory fluids for about three months or approximately 30 ejaculations.

hahahahahaha

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    That's a good email skoops.

You don't sound whiny or crackpoty.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    Man I am feeling all kinds of meh right now.

Today is a day that I just want to spend flopped on the couch.

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    I wouldn't bring up the reddit thing.

The rest is pro-tier.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Once the Bimek SLV is closed, sperm will remain present in the ejaculatory fluids for about three months or approximately 30 ejaculations.

hahahahahaha

10 a month? Ridiculous, who has time for that

• Options
    Maybe the other hand is giving someone else a handjob at the same time.

Not that much more work and you get more return customers.

• Options

The rest is pro-tier.

I think it's important that they know that other people think the class is and has been bullshit?

• Options

The rest is pro-tier.

I dunno, I think the point he makes about prospective students maybe being turned off by it is a good one, and you have to talk about Reddit to bring that up.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I'm having trouble with the idea of a mechanical switch in my scrotum that I wouldn't be constantly tempted to switch open and closed.

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    A

hahahahahaha

I almost certainly jerk it less than that

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    6ehnnuecvyh3.jpg

Soon.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    A

hahahahahaha

But what if you had a goal to work towards?

• Options

The rest is pro-tier.

I think it's important that they know that other people think the class is and has been bullshit?

I'd like to think that they might already know, but cannot use the reddit group as a credible source. Having non-anonymous folks like yourself explain their experiences and what they felt was wrong is better than pointing to a semi-anonymous venting thread.

• Options
    A

hahahahahaha

Yeah but you're just bangin' like all the time

• Options
    Oh my God, TASBot on Wario Stadium, I am fully erect

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    A

hahahahahaha

Yeah but you're just bangin' like all the time

Fair point. Id probly be jerkin it more were i single

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    thanks for the gutcheck y'all

going to send this off and we'll see if I get any response

*puts on public enemy's fight the power*

• Options
    edited January 2016
    thanks for the gutcheck y'all

going to send this off and we'll see if I get any response

*puts on public enemy's fight the power*

Good luck, Skippy.

thatassemblyguy on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular

The rest is pro-tier.

I dunno, I think the point he makes about prospective students maybe being turned off by it is a good one, and you have to talk about Reddit to bring that up.

I would just say "the forum provided by our instructor is heavily moderated, so the students have needed to turn to alternative locations to discuss class projects and course issues." or something to that effect

@skippydumptruck

This discussion has been closed.