Options

[Puzzle & Dragons] 3 minute stamina, CO-OP mode, ranking mode

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    pull on the rare monsters pal machine until you get a phoenix and 2 more red orbs and get awoken shiva imo

also your green guys are off the charts strong - verdandi, gzl, liu bei, vishnu, susanoo, artemis, ceres is nuts, and you've got osiris for when you're good, bastet to get you there and also bestcat vers for when you're good

even if you just go verdandi artemis ceres armadel ___ ____, you can clear some mythicals

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    ContentContextContentContext Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Alright, Valkyrie obtained. Even got a Grisar out of it. That invade is no joke. Had pop both Urd actives to heal and clear the poison. Ronia was up just in time for Valk. Coins well spent. Now comes the process of getting a heartbreaker to their final form.

ContentContext on
  • Options
    AtaxrxesAtaxrxes Hellnation Cursed EarthRegistered User regular
    I'm pretty sure Light Izanami does not drop ever and it is some sort of elaborate hoax. Same with Sopdet. Do I even want a L. Izanami for anything? Why am I doing this to myself?

• Options
    kushinadahime was my starter, and i've fed her every green pirate that i've ever obtained
    now, at rank 335, day ~515, she's finally reached skill level 2

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    kushinadahime was my starter, and i've fed her every green pirate that i've ever obtained
    now, at rank 335, day ~515, she's finally reached skill level 2

Yep, sounds like my Echidna. Who is now useless apparently. On a happier note I just rolled 10 times on the rare monster machine and the first egg was a nice golden one with a Phoenix inside so I guess all signs point to Awoken Shiva. If I un-evolve him to do the awoken evo he will keep his awakenings yes?

• Options
    yeah awakenings are just a number affixed to a monster - you can even over-awaken and it'll carry those over if you evolve into a form with more locked awakenings, so long as it doesn't have 0 awakening slots

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    @Ataxrxes I'd recommend dumping horus and just waking up kirin :3

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Okay no I can't beat Grimoire. Fire Fairy fucked me up.

• Options
    Madican wrote: »

the fun part of that dungeon is it's random which ones you get~

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular

Yeah, I was pretty astounded that I got Theurgia on my first try.

• Options
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    pick your fav red guys and make 4-6 combo

hint verdandi urd is one of your favorite red guys

so is lu bu
    ahorus skill not amazing since you'll have so much enhance already but hey another tpa time extend devil
    go ahead and throw rozuel for tpa, or maybe hera-ur for more devil
    and urd for orb make

swap in roz for bind clear

should explode p much anything

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    Aktn BstrdAktn Bstrd Registered User regular
    pick your fav red guys and make 4-6 combo

hint verdandi urd is one of your favorite red guys

As soon as Urd gets her Uevo she will be even more favorite! God I write some broken english some times...

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    So, Urd.

My current standard layout is Urd with Ares, Ronia, Christmas Ars Paulina, Laila and Urdfriend.

I have Yamato, Theurgia, Rodin, Freyr, another Urd and Echidna at varying stages of readiness. I'd really like to nab a Rozuel at some point for bind protection, but that's up to GH. What would you consider the ideal Urd team? My current goal is to get Theurgia prepared and replace Paulina with her. After that, I'm thinking of swapping in Yamato for Laila once I get the spare cost. Are there any other must have subs that I should consider? I don't have any valkyries yet or anything. I also have a Shiva friend for if I need some defense busting.

Artereis on
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    ideal urd team is my urd team, i give me an a+
    urd/ shiva/ cao cao/ set/ freyr
    let's burning

i also could use some bind clear but don't forget the fairy tale series is unbindable bind clear now if ya got/forgot red riding hood

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Ataxrxes wrote: »
    Mugsley wrote: »
    I'm trying to put together an Awoken Horus team but I'm really not sure of my subs. A lot of the old standbys I'm not so sure you would use anymore like is Echidna still a must-have? The other problem I'm running into is that some of the subs I would think about using are not fully leveled or awoken or max skilled. My Echidna for example. Yes I have had her for three years. No I have not been able to skill her up she doesn't like that game. The one on my alt account on the other hand...I have an Orochi too but his skill takes even longer to charge up so...stat stick? I was thinking something like Kirin, Echidna, Yomi (hopefully I can get that stupid Tengu soon to Awaken it.) Maybe L. Meta for the blue? Could do Orochi too. Just really not sure what to do here, so many options...

Raising the @ElementWrath flag! He's the go-to for A.Horus.

I, Lord of the Fire Chickens, have been summoned. Speak your request.

That means post your monster box.

Oh god...Ok...
    djq2ud3vvyy7.png
    4nhxe6o4gk9i.png
    tlwtr8496bok.png
    vggjemzkcdjc.png
    gha2evxyubss.png
    uiv7ebxnbwe5.png
    oepkbxs11qta.png
    8kvskoqj9moo.png
    4boi76vpafa1.png4w68y3yteo8o.png

Alright, here goes nothing.

A. Horus leads
    Rozuel - she's your bind clear if you have enough hearts, and blue subtype, triple TPA
    Tsubaki - orb gen (somewhat risky though), time extend, 7 turn skill w/haste
    Ultimate Dino Rider - will not benefit from secondary part of A. Horus' skill, but has double TPA, and a relevant orb change
    Flex - could be Shiva (either one) for awakenings and defense break, Rodin for poison, stats, and awakenings, even Laila because of her low CD fire generation, rcv, and awakenings, I've used Gryps rider to good effect here too. Dat orb change.

Usually the best possible Horus team uses Phoenix Rider and Set to fill the green subtype, and then Fire Valk for orbs for days. You have none of these, and likewise goes for me, I've thrown together an interesting Mono-Fire I think could work somewhat well, though it's a bit janky.

If you had Neptune he would be perfect for a rainbow team, but I have a good idea regardless.

A. Horus leads
    GZL - low CD burst, two TPA
    Beelzebub - Awakenings, stats, low CD skill
    Dmeta - Stats, shield on low CD
    Flex - Lmeta for bind clear and RCV, she may not benefit from GZL, but she's useful, D/L lilith for additional burst, and poison

Other teams:

Verdandi leads
    A. Susano (when you get him)
    A. Bastet (when you get her)
    A. Parvati
    Liu Bei

Sweet. Zombie. Jesus. You also have an amazing Osiris team, or Bastet team. GZL, Perseus, and Vishnu could be your subs or leads too. What are you even doing? Merlin and Artemis are good subs as well, depending on your lead. Obviously experience, evolutions, awakenings, and skillups are your worst enemy here, but you are sitting on a goldmine...no...you have an entire goldmine inside your butt, and haven't even noticed it yet.

Why don't you have A. Ceres yet? Atax plz.

Anyways.

Dmeta leads
    Satsuki
    Pandora
    Hanzo
    Flex - A. Yomi, Hanzo again, Gryps Rider, Lucifer, Lu bu maybe, whatever really, the other 3 are plenty on their own.

You probably could field a Sarasvati team as well, but I've described the teams I (think that I) know best. Probably because I have several of the monsters I recommended as leads (Osiris, Horus, Dmeta, Vishnu, GZL).

I'm absolutely certain that these teams I listed are more than capable of clearing Mythical content. Several of them are probably capable of clearing Legend Plus. You gotta get gud man.

How'd I do?

ElementWrath on
  • Options
    i do wanna say that reg ceres is also very strong w/ verdandi b/c she can have the hp to take huge hits which non-awoken cereses can completely erase

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    i do wanna say that reg ceres is also very strong w/ verdandi b/c she can have the hp to take huge hits which non-awoken cereses can completely erase

He has 2 Ceres, I'm sure he can spare 1 to Awaken.
    Spoit wrote: »
    @Ataxrxes I'd recommend dumping horus and just waking up kirin :3

4JfDXSV.png

I will not have you tarnishing the purity of purest bird waifu.

ElementWrath on
  • Options
    I'm trying to put together an Awoken Horus team but I'm really not sure of my subs. A lot of the old standbys I'm not so sure you would use anymore like is Echidna still a must-have? The other problem I'm running into is that some of the subs I would think about using are not fully leveled or awoken or max skilled. My Echidna for example. Yes I have had her for three years. No I have not been able to skill her up she doesn't like that game. The one on my alt account on the other hand...I have an Orochi too but his skill takes even longer to charge up so...stat stick? I was thinking something like Kirin, Echidna, Yomi (hopefully I can get that stupid Tengu soon to Awaken it.) Maybe L. Meta for the blue? Could do Orochi too. Just really not sure what to do here, so many options...

Oh god...Ok...
    djq2ud3vvyy7.png
    4nhxe6o4gk9i.png
    tlwtr8496bok.png
    vggjemzkcdjc.png
    gha2evxyubss.png
    uiv7ebxnbwe5.png
    oepkbxs11qta.png
    8kvskoqj9moo.png

If you had Neptune he would be perfect for a rainbow team, but I have a good idea regardless.

I think @38thDoe might stone you for suggesting anything positive about Neptune.

• Options
    Aktn Bstrd wrote: »

Raising the ElementWrath flag! He's the go-to for A.Horus.

Oh god...Ok...

[/spoiler]

I think @38thDoe might stone you for suggesting anything positive about Neptune.
    38thDoe stands on a pillar of lies and salt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ut6PXX3id8

• Options

Oh well fuck me then.

EDIT: Went back in and passed the fire fairy and then got whomped by the two guards because starving me of wood orbs is funny.

Wonder if I could get a Horus for rainbow play.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    qlyn4Cj.png

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options

Oh well fuck me then.

EDIT: Went back in and passed the fire fairy and then got whomped by the two guards because starving me of wood orbs is funny.

Wonder if I could get a Horus for rainbow play.

Atta boy.
    38thDoe wrote: »
    -snip-

DrIrua5.gif

• Options

Oh god...Ok...
    djq2ud3vvyy7.png
    4nhxe6o4gk9i.png
    tlwtr8496bok.png
    vggjemzkcdjc.png
    gha2evxyubss.png
    uiv7ebxnbwe5.png
    oepkbxs11qta.png
    8kvskoqj9moo.png

Alright, here goes nothing.

A. Horus leads
    Rozuel - she's your bind clear if you have enough hearts, and blue subtype, triple TPA
    Tsubaki - orb gen (somewhat risky though), time extend, 7 turn skill w/haste
    Ultimate Dino Rider - will not benefit from secondary part of A. Horus' skill, but has double TPA, and a relevant orb change
    Flex - could be Shiva (either one) for awakenings and defense break, Rodin for poison, stats, and awakenings, even Laila because of her low CD fire generation, rcv, and awakenings, I've used Gryps rider to good effect here too. Dat orb change.

Usually the best possible Horus team uses Phoenix Rider and Set to fill the green subtype, and then Fire Valk for orbs for days. You have none of these, and likewise goes for me, I've thrown together an interesting Mono-Fire I think could work somewhat well, though it's a bit janky.

A. Horus leads
    GZL - low CD burst, two TPA
    Beelzebub - Awakenings, stats, low CD skill
    Dmeta - Stats, shield on low CD
    Flex - Lmeta for bind clear and RCV, she may not benefit from GZL, but she's useful, D/L lilith for additional burst, and poison

Other teams:

Verdandi leads
    A. Susano (when you get him)
    A. Bastet (when you get her)
    A. Parvati
    Liu Bei

Sweet. Zombie. Jesus. You also have an amazing Osiris team, or Bastet team. GZL, Perseus, and Vishnu could be your subs or leads too. What are you even doing? Merlin and Artemis are good subs as well, depending on your lead. Obviously experience, evolutions, awakenings, and skillups are your worst enemy here, but you are sitting on a goldmine...no...you have an entire goldmine inside your butt, and haven't even noticed it yet.

Why don't you have A. Ceres yet? Atax plz.

Anyways.

Dmeta leads
    Satsuki
    Pandora
    Hanzo
    Flex - A. Yomi, Hanzo again, Gryps Rider, Lucifer, Lu bu maybe, whatever really, the other 3 are plenty on their own.

You probably could field a Sarasvati team as well, but I've described the teams I (think that I) know best. Probably because I have several of the monsters I recommended as leads (Osiris, Horus, Dmeta, Vishnu, GZL).

I'm absolutely certain that these teams I listed are more than capable of clearing Mythical content. Several of them are probably capable of clearing Legend Plus. You gotta get gud man.

How'd I do?

That was great. Now I know what I have to do.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I still feel like I have no idea if my teams are any good or could be better if I was using another of these dozens of random monsters filling up my box.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    AdelliosAdellios Registered User regular
    I think Mamiya is pretty decent sub, 20% dark resist, a sb and sbr. Active might not be as great for Horus as it converts water and jammer orbs into fire every 6 turns.

Maybe for once and a while when you have to take a large dark element hit.

• Options
    Did a mask dungeon before bed and was able to evolve Dragon Rider into Dragon Rider Arthur. Then I went ahead and Ult Evo'd him into Dragon Rider, King Arthur. I'll run the dungeon again tomorrow to get one more light mask so I can Ult Evo Holy-Winged Star Angel, Ariel into Gleaming Axe Star Angel, Ariel.

Pretty sure I'd just get destroyed if I tried for a big green mask in the legend dungeon, so Michael and Kali will have to wait for their final Ult Evos.

• Options
    Did a mask dungeon before bed and was able to evolve Dragon Rider into Dragon Rider Arthur. Then I went ahead and Ult Evo'd him into Dragon Rider, King Arthur. I'll run the dungeon again tomorrow to get one more light mask so I can Ult Evo Holy-Winged Star Angel, Ariel into Gleaming Axe Star Angel, Ariel.

Pretty sure I'd just get destroyed if I tried for a big green mask in the legend dungeon, so Michael and Kali will have to wait for their final Ult Evos.

The max level daily dungeons are really tough. At this point hoping to pull them from the pal machine is probably your best bet

• Options
    TravelingMattTravelingMatt Registered User regular
    edited February 2016

The max level daily dungeons are really tough. At this point hoping to pull them from the pal machine is probably your best bet

They each require really specific awoken skills and actives. If you have the 5 random dudes who bring that stuff to the party (for each one), they are a cakewalk. It makes them frustrating until you can field a team for each (I am rank ~240 something and have a stable of top tier teams, and have never cleared Tuesday or Friday mythical. Not necessarily because I can't, I am quite sure I could. I have just never needed to).

Edit: My Wednesday Mythical team is something like Verdandi/Verdandi, Perseus, Liu Bei, A. MeiMei, A. Ra or some such nonsense. Team requires 100% skill lock resistance and then someway of dealing with the green mask's defense.

TravelingMatt on
    PSN: TravelingMat
    Time Zone: Eastern
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    friday is still a bitch for me. i can easily do it with my one account but i have no consistency on my main. i hate those dungeons with the 5 synced whatever (super sprites, ninjas etc)

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    I have never tried it. I should, because I have a LKali sitting uncomfortably at SLvl 1. I have A. Ra and a couple max skilled lilliths, I cannot imagine it taking much more than that.

I think I use something silly like;

R/D Shiva/Ronia, Gigas, Echidna, Ronia, A. Freyr for Thursday Mythical. I should probably revisit that team, because it wholly predates the power creep we have seen in the past year.

• Options
    BillmaanBillmaan Registered User regular
    Finally beat Ultimate Hera Rush! (Of course, you no longer get a stone for doing so...but even still, :D)

• Options
    On Tuesday, I can clear it if I'm lucky with Urd, but I cleared it really easily with Saria this week. Saria, L/L DQXQ, Sun Wukon x 2, A. Sakuya, Thor friend.

Wednesday - Saria clears it easy as well 120% SBR wins the day.
    Thursday- Urd team clears it pretty easy, sweep 1, 2, stall on 3, nuke 4 with everyhting I have
    Friday- I still use Lubu lead, GrOdin for off color that can't be bound, echidna, lilith, Hera, and Ronia friend. Stall on one, poison 2, echidna on 3 to kill dubs and then stall for all skills on tamadra, then pop everything on bosses.

• Options
    ShadowofVTShadowofVT Robot Overlord Boston, MARegistered User regular
    On Tuesday, I can clear it if I'm lucky with Urd, but I cleared it really easily with Saria this week. Saria, L/L DQXQ, Sun Wukon x 2, A. Sakuya, Thor friend.

Wednesday - Saria clears it easy as well 120% SBR wins the day.
    Thursday- Urd team clears it pretty easy, sweep 1, 2, stall on 3, nuke 4 with everyhting I have
    Friday- I still use Lubu lead, GrOdin for off color that can't be bound, echidna, lilith, Hera, and Ronia friend. Stall on one, poison 2, echidna on 3 to kill dubs and then stall for all skills on tamadra, then pop everything on bosses.

I still have the hardest time with Tuesday because I struggle with a team that has enough damage to burn through the gold keeper, but not too much to the point where you accidentally kill the other keepers before you can heal from their preemptives. A. Shiva has made it significantly easier as long as I make sure to stack HP and healing, but when I was trying to run combo teams like Bastet I was pulling my hair out.

• Options
    edited February 2016
    That is what is so nice about Saria. You can take an accidental preemptive strike with no problem because you have around 40k hp. One match will heal you up. You can control your damage, you only spike if you use an active. And if you save thor for keeper you can spike him down in 1-2 turns.

I was thinking about running a TPA Saria/Thor team. I have 3 L/R Angels with 3x TPA, Ganesha, Izanagi (whichever is the god with the TPA and 2x god spike), and a few others. I wonder how that would work. Might be able to get some great damage with great survivability.

Aktn Bstrd on
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    I cheat on weekdays.

A.Shiva (hyper), Ronia (hyper), Yamato Takeru, Gadius, A.Leilan, A.Shiva friend

That team works perfect for Tuesdays too because you get the extra healing and can control combos. You can also use a Rodin friend instead of Shiva for the row boost. Shiva's RCV boost is enough to keep you healed.

Depending on the day, I'll sub in my other Ronia. For Friday, I bring Grodin to soak binds on first floor (in Leilan's spot) and Lilith (Gadius spot). I can burst it pretty easily, though, so Lilith is just a safety net.

Thursdays are fun and I do them for my second Ronia skillup. My fire team steamrolls every floor.

I'm through Floor 6 on Challenge dungeon; I'm not sure my Shiva team can power through the next few floors. I'm going to look at suggested builds and see what I can find. I'm expecting most of them to suggest A.Sakuya for pretty much every floor.

• Options
    ContentContextContentContext Registered User regular
    cEaXMla.jpg
    How does this look?

• Options
    I cheat on weekdays.

A.Shiva (hyper), Ronia (hyper), Yamato Takeru, Gadius, A.Leilan, A.Shiva friend

That team works perfect for Tuesdays too because you get the extra healing and can control combos. You can also use a Rodin friend instead of Shiva for the row boost. Shiva's RCV boost is enough to keep you healed.

Depending on the day, I'll sub in my other Ronia. For Friday, I bring Grodin to soak binds on first floor (in Leilan's spot) and Lilith (Gadius spot). I can burst it pretty easily, though, so Lilith is just a safety net.

Thursdays are fun and I do them for my second Ronia skillup. My fire team steamrolls every floor.

I'm through Floor 6 on Challenge dungeon; I'm not sure my Shiva team can power through the next few floors. I'm going to look at suggested builds and see what I can find. I'm expecting most of them to suggest A.Sakuya for pretty much every floor.

I used Ra for Floor 8. Haven't tried 9 or 10 yet. Cannot crack 7. Nothing I am trying works and I am sad.

• Options
    I think I used Kirin for 8 but yeah I looked at 7 and no thanks

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    I want a badpy though! Sidenote: Who is planning on running Awoken Archdemon Lucifer? Lets post some names and friend codes and your other top leads. I am going to clear out some space tonight and I would like to add some folks who have leaders that mesh with mine. I keep A. Bastet and A. Shiva up most of the time, with A. Amaterasu in the BFF slot. I also have A. Ra and Verdandi/Urd up from time to time and am almost finished with A. Thor. Friend code is 300,758,256 name is Day PA.

This discussion has been closed.