Options

"Portraits of Some People", a Photography [chat] Assembled From Errant Open Tabs

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »

Is that from Do the Evolution?

No idea! I just sniff out gifs like truffles

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    my friend just sent me a link to a receptionist job at a clinic that specializes in aspergers patients. So after a bit of slight searching, I guess it is not a terribly uncommon opinion that trans people are possibly autistic or have aspergers, and dysphoria is only a symptom or some nonsense. My friend for some reason also thinks I might be autistic, and so reading this stuff is really just making me feel bad. It doesn't help that I came across quite a few medical "opinions" that were just really not ok. Blech.

i wouldn't rush to self diagnose

i think almost everyone can look at the symptoms of aspergers and think "oh shit that's me" but, it's kinda more complicated than that

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    credeiki wrote: »
    Podly wrote: »
    the real question is why anyone would pay for a bottle of limoncello instead of making their own

I tried but it turned out pretty bad. Also it looks like a big jar of piss sitting on your counter.

Funny story about something like this:

At a college party I was at once, one of the seniors somehow convinced two freshmen whow obviously had no experience with alcohol to come.

Neither of them wanted to drink beer, so they wound up playing beer pong with a jar of Cider from on top of the fridge. They both seem fairly displeased with that as well, but soldier on.

One of the roommates at the house hosting the party gets there right as they're starting a second round of beer pong and calmly says:

"You shouldn't play pong with that."

"Why?"

"Because that's a bottle of my piss."

Was it actually a bottle of piss?

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    I found a picture of my dog that I forgot I took a few weeks ago when the world was snow.

Wq3c3AW.jpg?2

doge is good all praise to doge

That

is morning-frost.

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    well I can't grow a unibomber-style mustache either

why not?

Best I can do is 14-year-old style wispy fuzz.

My facial hair genes are weak.

aww

can we trade?

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    the real question is why anyone would pay for a bottle of limoncello instead of making their own

I tried but it turned out pretty bad. Also it looks like a big jar of piss sitting on your counter.

At a college party I was at once, one of the seniors somehow convinced two freshmen whow obviously had no experience with alcohol to come.

Neither of them wanted to drink beer, so they wound up playing beer pong with a jar of Cider from on top of the fridge. They both seem fairly displeased with that as well, but soldier on.

One of the roommates at the house hosting the party gets there right as they're starting a second round of beer pong and calmly says:

"Why?"

Yes

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

it's from the movie version of pink floyd's the wall

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Casual wrote: »
    my friend just sent me a link to a receptionist job at a clinic that specializes in aspergers patients. So after a bit of slight searching, I guess it is not a terribly uncommon opinion that trans people are possibly autistic or have aspergers, and dysphoria is only a symptom or some nonsense. My friend for some reason also thinks I might be autistic, and so reading this stuff is really just making me feel bad. It doesn't help that I came across quite a few medical "opinions" that were just really not ok. Blech.

i think almost everyone can look at the symptoms of aspergers and think "oh shit that's me" but, it's kinda more complicated than that

Oh I don't think I have it, I just think it is an unpleasant apparent stereotype, which could potentially make applying for this job awkward.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    desc Elldren MrAnthropy it just occurred to me that Person of Interest would make a really good RPG setting. It's a team of heroes with diverse skills solving a new problem every week. In the show, they work in New York because they're only tapped into the New York feed, so what if the machine has other agents in other cities?

It would be a good game to run with the generic NWoD (or CoD, whatever :P ) system. If you wanted to make it supernatural, make it the God-Machine. Boom.

OH MAN OR YOU COULD DO THIS WITH DEMON

WHAT IF REESE AND FINCH AND SHAW AND ROOT ARE DEMONS?!?

OMG AAAAAAAAAAAAH

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular

"Why?"

It turns out that the piss was inside them all along

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJulumwU9rg

have you played Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak?

Watch the first cutscene. It is very lovely.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options

"Why?"

Yes

I am not sure how to respond to this story as it seems so far outside the bounds of non-psycho behavior to me

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular

why not?

aww

can we trade?

No because I like the side benefits of no back hair, no chest hair, and I won't go bald til I'm like 70.

Sorry!

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular

Oh I don't think I have it, I just think it is an unpleasant apparent stereotype, which could potentially make applying for this job awkward.

huh

it's honestly not something i've ever heard of before?

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

"Why?"

Yes

I am not sure how to respond to this story as it seems so far outside the bounds of non-psycho behavior to me

maybe he was a film student

a friend of mine developed a student film with pee once

he said it was a regrettable experience

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »

"Why?"

Yes

Nope. Dude just had a piss jar on top of the fridge; he alternates between explaining it as a trap for booze thieves and just saying he got drunk and thought it would be funny.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular

Thank you, I'm glad someone here remembers the most innovative movie of all time.

• Options
    Coinage wrote: »

Thank you, I'm glad someone here remembers the most innovative movie of all time.

tbf i am really old

• Options

"Why?"

Yes

Nope. Dude just had a piss jar on top of the fridge; he alternates between explaining it as a trap for booze thieves and just saying he got drunk and thought it would be funny.

oh so probably a psycho then

• Options
    also man if people are mistaking your pee for cider you might want to consider drinking more water and/or seeing a doctor

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    facial hair is weird

for the longest time after hitting puberty i only ever used to grow significant facial hair around my lips

then last year i started getting thick under-chin hair growth

i guess it was existential crisis facial hair or something? who knows. it's here to stay though.

i'm asian so it'll never be a full beard or anything. which is fine because i prefer to be clean-shaven

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular

"Why?"

Yes

Sometimes you gotta piss in a bottle. It happens.

• Options
    Orphane wrote: »
    facial hair is weird

for the longest time after hitting puberty i only ever used to grow significant facial hair around my lips

i guess it was existential crisis facial hair or something? who knows. it's here to stay though.

i'm asian so it'll never be a full beard or anything. which is fine because i prefer to be clean-shaven

how many animes have you watched in the last year

• Options
    edited March 2016

why not?

aww

can we trade?

No because I like the side benefits of no back hair, no chest hair, and I won't go bald til I'm like 70.

Sorry!

but I don't have that problem either!

Neco on
  • Options
    ...anymore... >.>

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Ew

Girlfriend got a message on meetup from someone in the board game night group we go to that is basically asking her out on a date

I have no idea what advice to give on how best to defuse this

damn you heterosexual men

• Options
    Jake I want to DM this whole polytheistic feminist Arthur thing lately

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    YES!!!

I found my keys!

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Ew

Girlfriend got a message on meetup from someone in the board game night group we go to that is basically asking her out on a date

it's okay to say no thanks i'm not available

• Options
    edited March 2016
    facial hair is weird

chanus this may come as a surprise but i actually have only watched 3 animes in the last 7-8 years

which is probably more than most people in chat but still

Orphane on
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Ew

can confirm, heterosexual men are universally the worst visa via your current girlfriend.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Simon I have some literature for you about being cucked.

• Options
    facial hair is weird

chanus this may come as a surprise but i actually have only watched 3 animes in the last 7-8 years

which is probably more than most people in chat but still

have you started wearing a fedora or playing magic the gathering

i'm just trying to rule out a case of chronic neckbeard developing

• Options

huh

I've only heard of it very recently and I have no idea just how common the idea is.

• Options
    Ew

quick reference the doujins to figure out how to rea-

wait no don't do that

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Ew

well

is she interested in poly? or looking to upgrade?

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    edited March 2016

huh

I've only heard of it very recently and I have no idea just how common the idea is.

I've never heard it until now

Sir Landshark on
    Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    when are we all going to have a Vampire:tM or tR group. And when do I get to join.

Neco on
  • Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    So kids got Goat Simulator over weekend. It feels like someone's drunk idea for a Tony Hawk mod that was published on a whim.

Bravo game developers, bravo.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    also man if people are mistaking your pee for cider you might want to consider drinking more water and/or seeing a doctor

Er, no. Don't go see a doctor if your piss is yellow. Come on.

ftOqU21.png
This discussion has been closed.