Options

nba high fashion [chat]

• Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    guys is this picture ok for my tinder picture or does the fact that I'm not actually smiling give away how depressed and sad i am at having to take a selfie in order to convey what i currently look like

because the mere act of taking a selfie immediately tells the girl seeing my tinder profile that 'he must not have friend's to take pictures of him, no social life, nope swiping left'

can you see that is that what this picture says

it is isn't it
    buYx4H0.jpg

Not bad.
    I'd hit it.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    Kids down. Going to a classical piano concert in an hour. Want to play league but wife wont let me cuz SIL is coming over in 30 min. Ugh i just wanna style on some noobs goddamit woman.

Come hang out with me!

We can get tacos.

Are you also in florida right now?

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    Eddy wrote: »
    The caption of that picture is automatically "I will kill again"

yeah but i'd probably still hit it and quit it at least once

so you're saying it's a good tinder picture then

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    2.7gb update?

isn't Xbox sophisticated enough to download this shit while I'm at work

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    I'm surprised more women can't dunk on a regulation net. Lots of shorter men can dunk, and while the response might be that they're more powerful with a bigger vert, don't women of a given weight typically weigh less? I'd expect them to not need as much power.

I'm 6 feet and even at my physical peak I could only dunk a tennis ball. There are probably more women that can dunk in optimal circumstances but it takes way more energy at shorter heights that you probably would only attempt it on a breakaway and even then you risk being a bit too tired and missing the dunk. JJ reddick is like...6'4" or something and he only dunked once that i can recall. IIRC he later said it took so much out of him midgame he decided only to do layups after that.

I don't mean like, the avg bro- meant pros. Is the number of around-6-ft'ers in the nba that can dunk really that small? According to that article, it makes headlines when it happens in the WNBA.

Judging by this random website, the avg NBA vertical leap is 28", the 95th percentile of men for vert is 28", the 95th for women is 19"

So that's another 9 inch difference, it's definitely harder for women to dunk

I had a 27" vert basically NBA amirite

I never measured mine but I've been able to grab and hang on rim before (at physical peak, and probably rim was like 9'9" or something I would have to imagine)

I think my dunking times have passed me by. Poor injuries

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular

oh hell no go get a picture of you doing something like skydiving or fishing

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »
    After that small tangent into the conundrum of words I ran off to the bookstore

Found a book on Derrida that warmed my broken heart - A link to the essay in particular but Plato's skepticism of the written word also echoes

In short I ended up buying $100 worth of books about difference and repetition

But Eddy

a broken heart that you heat up

it is still broken.

exquisite

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    hm...

Midna will be cool, i think, after all.

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    guys is this picture ok for my tinder picture or does the fact that I'm not actually smiling give away how depressed and sad i am at having to take a selfie in order to convey what i currently look like

because the mere act of taking a selfie immediately tells the girl seeing my tinder profile that 'he must not have friend's to take pictures of him, no social life, nope swiping left'

it is isn't it
    buYx4H0.jpg

Are you sad? Do you want to talk about anything?

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    what about the glorious future of basketball which is stephen curry making a 3 pointer, forever
    Haha that's awesome. The first thing that came to mind for me was the slow, miserable death of basketball.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    I might have a 2.7" vert

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    go skydiving into a remote Alaskan fishing hole and go ice fishing, and take a picture that describes the entirety of the adventure

• Options
    I'm surprised more women can't dunk on a regulation net. Lots of shorter men can dunk, and while the response might be that they're more powerful with a bigger vert, don't women of a given weight typically weigh less? I'd expect them to not need as much power.

I'm 6 feet and even at my physical peak I could only dunk a tennis ball. There are probably more women that can dunk in optimal circumstances but it takes way more energy at shorter heights that you probably would only attempt it on a breakaway and even then you risk being a bit too tired and missing the dunk. JJ reddick is like...6'4" or something and he only dunked once that i can recall. IIRC he later said it took so much out of him midgame he decided only to do layups after that.

I don't mean like, the avg bro- meant pros. Is the number of around-6-ft'ers in the nba that can dunk really that small? According to that article, it makes headlines when it happens in the WNBA.

Judging by this random website, the avg NBA vertical leap is 28", the 95th percentile of men for vert is 28", the 95th for women is 19"

So that's another 9 inch difference, it's definitely harder for women to dunk

I had a 27" vert basically NBA amirite

I never measured mine but I've been able to grab and hang on rim before (at physical peak, and probably rim was like 9'9" or something I would have to imagine)

I think my dunking times have passed me by. Poor injuries

We would do a mini combine thing for ultimate tryouts. Timed 40, standing vert, running vert, timed 1.5 mile, timed 3 cone drill. Kinda fun. Running vert only 31 cuz idk why. No explosiveness i guess.

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »
    This is my life:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/03/22/why-it-seems-impossible-to-buy-your-first-home/

Guess I'll just keep saving for another 5 years and hope it fixes itself?

The real solution might be to live in a not-expensive metropolitan area before it becomes an expensive metropolitan area.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Brian you do look unenthused in that pic but more importantly the background says, "this is where our first and last date will be"

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

it is isn't it
    buYx4H0.jpg

You look disappointed rather than interesting or excited.

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    redx wrote: »
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Huh. Never really thought about it before but this writer makes a decent case

http://moniquecurrie.sportsblog.com/posts/14568447/should-the-rim-be-lowered-in-women-s-basketball-.html

I guess

but re: tennis I think both should play the same # of sets

probably three is fine for everyone

Eh... Feel attached to 5, but it's basically just the slams right? Isn't 3 pretty normal for men in, everything/a lot of other tennis organizations?

yup

5 for all in slams is fine by me too!

• Options

it is isn't it
    buYx4H0.jpg

just typical work blues

hate the job

don't interact with my coworkers at all anymore and in fact still feel extremely ostracized by them

desperately want a new job just to start over, but until then the idea of coming to this place for however long i'm still going to be here really wares on me

Arch,
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I think I will go for another run in public today.

*tapes down boobs, weeps*

• Options

oh hell no go get a picture of you doing something like skydiving or fishing

Or just get a dog.

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    Doodmann wrote: »
    This is my life:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/03/22/why-it-seems-impossible-to-buy-your-first-home/

Guess I'll just keep saving for another 5 years and hope it fixes itself?

The real solution might be to live in a not-expensive metropolitan area before it becomes an expensive metropolitan area.

I'm more grumpy because I can't afford to buy the first house my parents bought even though I'm doing better for my age.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    I mean, who hasn't swiped right for a dog?

Once a guy lied, and didn't have the husky in his profile.

I was upset and heartbroken.

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    @Hakkekage

I heard about this book because an acquaintance contributed one of the stories in it.

I'm not sure whether any of the contributors have families who immigrated from further west than Pakistan, but it still seems maybe relevant to your interests.
    Good Girls Marry Doctors: South Asian American Daughters on Obedience and Rebellion, edited by Piyali Bhattacharya, is the first anthology to examine the multiple facets of daughterhood in South Asian American families.

The voices in this volume reveal how a Good Girl is trained to seamlessly blend professional success with the maintenance and reproduction of her family’s cultural heritage. Her gratitude for her immigrant parents’ sacrifices creates intense pressure to perform and embody the role of the “perfect daughter.” Yet, the demand for such perfection can stifle desire, curb curiosity, and make it fraught for a Good Girl to construct her own identity in the face of stern parental opinion.

Of course, this is not always the case. Certain stories in this collection uncover relationships between parents and daughters that are open and supportive while also being exacting. Many of the essays, however, dig into difficult truths about what it is to be a young woman in a world of overbearing cultural expectation.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    alright so that girl at the party a couple weeks ago was right when she said

"you're shoulders give you away, the way you stand says you're afraid of what people think about you"

Arch,
  • Options

it is isn't it
    buYx4H0.jpg

just typical work blues

hate the job

don't interact with my coworkers at all anymore and in fact still feel extremely ostracized by them

desperately want a new job just to start over, but until then the idea of coming to this place for however long i'm still going to be here really wares on me

What are the chances of you finding some other place soon?

• Options

We got leroy as a pup senior year of college and our roomates were constantly "taking him on walks" down in high traffic areas to talk to girls.

• Options
    Chanus wrote: »
    Brian you do look unenthused in that pic but more importantly the background says, "this is where our first and last date will be"

ok so not take pictures at work, maybe..maybe i'll like go outside ? or or stand in front of a graffitied brick wall? colors are good right

Arch,
  • Options

We got leroy as a pup senior year of college and our roomates were constantly "taking him on walks" down in high traffic areas to talk to girls.

Nods.

It'd work on me. :P

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    You can do it @21stCentury !

Also note her hair glows and the ponytail is actually a hand

entry6-7.jpg

Also also, some pics you'll find from the Wii version are mirrored, so the relic would cover the wrong eye. Take note, is her left eye covered! ;D

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    alright so that girl at the party a couple weeks ago was right when she said

"you're shoulders give you away, the way you stand says you're afraid of what people think about you"

Probably. It's also likely shitty for breathing, causing back pain, and oxytocin/cortisol ratios.

Shitty posture is a good thing to be conscious of.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular

Dog deceit is the lowest possible deception.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Spool I read that you are an excellent cook

I have also read that you have anosmia

My brain has difficulty reconciling these trivia

It imagines your cooking style as the product of some bizarre case of cargo cult cookery accidentally producing something of worth

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    He loved lightning He lived on an island His mother was a
    Nymph of a river that ran to the sea His father was a gold
    Cutting tool Old scholia say that Stesichoros says that
    Geryon had six hands and six feet and wings He was red and
    His strange red cattle excited envy Herakles came and
    Killed him for his cattle

The dog too

*weeps*

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    alright

i do have the skydiving video, i didn't think of taking photos from it

what's a good way of like..extracting a single photo from a video file?

Arch,
  • Options
    Dogs are the best pets.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    My tinder profile says "my dog thinks I'm smart and my mom thinks I'm handsome"

I don't have a dog tho. Did I steal that from somewhere?" I don't remember writing it

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options

a girl got mad at me for having a picture holding a shiba puppy in my jacket in one picture

but there was an explicit disclaimer in my profile that i did in fact not have a shiba

Arch,
  • Options
    ahhhhhhhh

That's be so cute

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    @desc @winky @Evil Multifarious @SummaryJudgment @Julius

After that small tangent into the conundrum of words I ran off to the bookstore

Found a book on Derrida that warmed my broken heart - A link to the essay in particular but Plato's skepticism of the written word also echoes

In short I ended up buying $100 worth of books about difference and repetition

I think that's one or two three or more more pips into Etiquette: Academic than I'm specced for.

Did you do a BA or a graduate degree in philosophy? I love philosophy but it's a casual relationship; not a whole lot there for me outside of half a dozen classes in undergrad (half of those political philosophy) and reading L'etranger and Sartre's fiction.

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options

it is isn't it
    buYx4H0.jpg

just typical work blues

hate the job

What are the chances of you finding some other place soon?

i could

i've been here about 2 years which is what i told myself

i just need to take the time to do my resume and then revise it 20 times and start applying and not like lose it here at work in the mean time

Arch,
This discussion has been closed.