Options

[Chat]: the Awakening

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    Feral

lolololol

http://marginalrevolution.com/marginalrevolution/2016/05/growth-of-income-and-welfare-in-the-u-s-1979-2011.html

TC deleted his "shout it from the rooftops" remark when commenters pointed out that the paper (against convention) uses "the fifth quintile" to refer to the top 20% rather than the bottom 20%

Ooooooops!

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    P10 gave me Hatoful Boyfriend!

D-does this mean you are my pigeon boyfriend now?
    P10 is clearly not a pigeon, he just wants to watch you fuck a pigeon.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Mini Metro is a game that is better than a free flash game but not something I'd pay real moneys for, which makes it perfect for a Humble Bundle.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    I am pretty sure that when I die, the universe will end.

Given that you are the universe, this is correct.

• Options
    Coinage wrote: »
    P10 gave me Hatoful Boyfriend!

D-does this mean you are my pigeon boyfriend now?
    P10 is clearly not a pigeon, he just wants to watch you fuck a pigeon.

I can say with confidence that given my fanbase that P10 is not nearly the only one.

• Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    btw re gnostic occult horror Kult did it first fyi hth

*puts on several pairs of hipster sunglasses*

• Options
    Also, thank you P10!

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    he didn't take it down, which is props for half-honesty, I guess

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    BouwsTBouwsT Wanna come to a super soft birthday party? Registered User regular
    @PLA Thanks for the compliment in the last chat thread man, had a tough day, that was a cool pick-me-up.

Between you and me, Peggy, I smoked this Juul and it did UNTHINKABLE things to my mind and body...
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    jakobagger wrote: »

Kult is 50% interesting 50% 2edgy4me wankery

(I've never actually played it so I have no idea how good the system is, I've just read some of the source materials because a friend had them)

Feral on

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    this just reminds me i have more visual novels i need to work through
    higurashi ep. 2 sitting untouched after excitedly buying it release day . . .

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    This photo is from an hour ago at the Fort McMurray airport:
    BzKayfd.jpg

Several more neighbourhoods are on fire. A propane plant is under threat. At least one school has been destroyed.

• Options
    P10 wrote: »

P10

tell me all the best otome games so I can study them to impress smash girl

• Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »

Kult is 50% interesting 50% 2edgy4me wankery

(I've never actually played it so I have no idea how good the system is, I've just read some of the source materials because a friend had them)

I've only read a review in a Danish rpg magazine as a teen in the 90s

from memory it definitely sounded very bismuth in that 90s way

but I mean, it's no FATAL, I think

• Options
    GatorGator An alligator in Scotland Registered User regular
    failure-of-a-gator noises

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »
    BzKayfd.jpg

Several more neighbourhoods are on fire. A propane plant is under threat. At least one school has been destroyed.

Wait what?

• Options
    I need to learn the ways of the senpai

• Options
    i've remarked before that the local intelligentsia is strongly affected by American politics of the moment

so right now it's anti-anti-immigration time. everyone's favourite enemy is Trump (or Cruz)

which is causing some contortions as the favourite local drum to beat is reduction of immigration

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    speaking of edgy RPGs Varg Vikernes has released his shitty generic fantasy RPG and setting that is very thinly veiled Nazi propaganda (with Muslim and Jewish fantasy stand-in cultures that worship awful evil gods. . .)

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    I am pretty sure that when I die, the universe will end.

well obviously!

• Options
    BzKayfd.jpg

Wait what?

A forest fire near Fort McMurray in northern Alberta went wild yesterday. At least one suburb has completely burned. The entire city of 80,000 people has been evacuated.

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    I had a really nice long phone conversation and now I am drinking this and watching hockey and playing Overwatch and feeling real sad.

550x300_-DFH_Romantic_Chemistry.png

is good tho

• Options
    i've remarked before that the local intelligentsia is strongly affected by American politics of the moment

so right now it's anti-anti-immigration time. everyone's favourite enemy is Trump (or Cruz)

which is causing some contortions as the favourite local drum to beat is reduction of immigration

To be fair, you're on an island.

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    @eddy I was like okay I'll pay a dollar for a boy and his blob and then it was too much effort and I probably won't play it anyway

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    chat I dreamed about ice cream this morning and then I just got some ice cream

I AM THE PROPHET

• Options
    NASA animated gif of the spread of the fire:
    wildfire_2.gif?w=800&h=450

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    speaking of edgy RPGs Varg Vikernes has released his shitty generic fantasy RPG and setting that is very thinly veiled Nazi propaganda (with Muslim and Jewish fantasy stand-in cultures that worship awful evil gods. . .)

releasing an RPG is the least black metal thing I can think of doing

• Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    BzKayfd.jpg

Wait what?

Bad scene :(

Fort McMurray wildfire: Airport in danger, state of emergency declared, 2 die amid mass evac

https://rt.com/news/341870-alberta-wildfire-emergency-airport/

• Options

To be fair, you're on an island.

that would make building a wall (and making malaysia pay for it) tricky

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    No-Quarter wrote: »
    @Jacobkosh you should chat with @nexuscrawler about this sometime.

He's old guard Mage.

world of darkness edition wars are the stupidest shit

i got into this stuff late so I'm not really invested in how it ought to be the way some are

I think Old Mage gets the edge in terms of like, really clear visual iconography? "this guy is a voodoo, this guy is a catholic priest, this lady is wiccan, and they're all on the run from the men in black" is a very visual, attention-getting way to describe a game and it sounds like fun

but I see some of the fucking lunacy that diehard oldskool fans post on websites and I am fine not playing with those dudes
    I think old mage's connection to at least the outer trappings of actual existing magical traditions was pretty cool and I find the atlantis stuff maybe a bit goofy

but gnosticism is great and that long play report I don't remember the name of with a PC named Kali made me really want to try Awakening

people really love to harp on atlantis and a) i don't have a problem with it, perhaps because I wasn't conditioned to have a problem with it but also b) it is 100% in line with all the reading i've done about the theosophical society, Mu enthusiasts, and a certain very specific history of real-life occult thought that maybe a lot of gamers have not been exposed to

• Options
    Apothe0sis wrote: »

in scandinavia at least the overlap between metal fans and rpg fans is pretty big

• Options
    People were driving out of the city amidst the flames:
    13103543_1017326448314386_6026018758759314564_n.jpg?oh=916a52cc6532594f72d78bbb36a7f685&oe=57B6C2CE

• Options
    It must have been absolutely terrifying:
    13178748_1017326561647708_1878561940604824108_n.jpg?oh=a04c0a9ac9fd6b7242d3d53ae264f631&oe=57A37BCD

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »

But like 90% of black metal is basically about a D&D campaign.

• Options
    Holy shit.

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    i don't know if a boy and his blob is a great game but dang if it isn't cute and and pretty and well animated

WPWn0WX.jpg?1

rEeRvgF.gif

more games that look like this pls

• Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    Chat, this may cause some political conflict, but I am going to speak my mind:

I am not in favor of uncontrolled wildfires near civilized areas.

• Options
    porpporp Registered User regular
    ehetocu4gp2h.jpeg

Date night. Try and not be blinded by the bioluminescent man beside me.

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »

P10

tell me all the best otome games so I can study them to impress smash girl
    hatoful boyfriend qualifies
    i liked The Royal Trap: The Confines of the Crown but it is a hanako games game aka fake anime (i think it qualifies, also probably hanako games' date warp but i haven't played it)
    idk romantic visual novels aren't really my thing except for buying really horrible stuff ambiguously ironically

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    Chat, this may cause some political conflict, but I am going to speak my mind:

I am not in favor of uncontrolled wildfires near civilized areas.

omfg

I have some very strong words of dissent for you!

This discussion has been closed.