Options

Access Hollywood presents: The [2016 Presidential Election] Shitshow Spectacular!

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    I've always found the alpha beta whatever bullshit stupid, but man Trump and Billy yeah textbook alphas those two.

you know it's possible to be rich and powerful without being an asshole

Consider Mark Cuban and Warren Buffett, both of whom love to poke Trump about what actually being rich looks like.

As someone who lives in Dallas, Cuban is still kind of an asshole.

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Hedgethorn wrote: »
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    Have we posted yet that the Editor in Chief of Christianity Today wrote an editorial basically saying if you vote for Trump you're a bad Christian?

That's a bit more than it said, but it definitely did call out anyone still defending or endorsing Trump as a bad Christian.

Yeah, it said a bunch more than that. I actually read the whole thing. I vehemently disagree with probably 80% of what the guy said, but it was actually reasonably well written. I especially like this line:
    But there is a point at which strategy becomes its own form of idolatry—an attempt to manipulate the levers of history in favor of the causes we support.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/SgicDQHbV3M

A sequel to their look at primary tax plans

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    I've always found the alpha beta whatever bullshit stupid, but man Trump and Billy yeah textbook alphas those two.

Consider Mark Cuban and Warren Buffett, both of whom love to poke Trump about what actually being rich looks like.

Cuban is an asshole, I expect billionares to be assholes, but he more or less lives on planet earth in 2016 and Trump lives in a crazy alex jones alt universe

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Einzel wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Hah, never lived in a state that wasn't blue in both cases.

Lucky. I'm currently double red.

I mean I'm a gay transsexual scientist

With a girlfriend who is, not shockingly, also gay and liberal

There is no chance in hell we're ever going to be in states that aren't double blue if we can help it

Honestly, I'm glad she's gay. Because I bet dinner conversations would be awkward, otherwise.

• Options

Cuban is an asshole, I expect billionares to be assholes, but he more or less lives on planet earth in 2016 and Trump lives in a crazy alex jones alt universe

He also more or less wants Good Things (tm) to happen to people. All people. Not always at his expense mind you, but generally good. This is not a statement I would make about Trump.

Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    EDIT: Whoops, wrong thread.

Winky on
  • Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    With regards to the odd vote from some women, I remember seeing something on Full Frontal where a woman said some things are impossible for woman to do. It was a thing.

• Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    Mark Cuban's done more charitable good with his money than probably the entirety of this forum will ever do in our lifetimes, so I don't really care if he's sometimes an asshole.

• Options
    NobeardNobeard North Carolina: Failed StateRegistered User regular

As a white male, White Male Privilege is incredibly pervasive. Even if you don't like it, even if you don't want it, it shapes your life and way of thinking. It's only recently that I have come to the (deeply disturbing) realization that probably every adult woman I have ever met has had to deal with significant sexual harassment, and I consider myself pretty bleeding-heart liberal.

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Way to not go red, Oregon dudes.

Sure, we may have chased out literally every single non-white person in the post-Civil War days and had some hilarious batshit racist laws that would make even Southerner plantation owners blanch, but nowadays, we're pretty liberal!*

*west side of the Cascades only

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    ArcTangent wrote: »

Sure, we may have chased out literally every single non-white person in the post-Civil War days and had some hilarious batshit racist laws that would make even Southernern plantation owners blanch, but nowadays, we're pretty liberal!*

Thankfully only like six* people live east of the cascades.

*Much more than this, but still not anywhere near enough people to swing the state.

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Magus` wrote: »
    With regards to the odd vote from some women, I remember seeing something on Full Frontal where a woman said some things are impossible for woman to do. It was a thing.

Okay, we're going to need more to go on.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular

Sure, we may have chased out literally every single non-white person in the post-Civil War days and had some hilarious batshit racist laws that would make even Southernern plantation owners blanch, but nowadays, we're pretty liberal!*

Having recently spent time in and around Tillamook, on the coast? Not just the East Side, dawg.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular

As someone who lives in Omaha, Buffett seems pretty okay. His mom and my grandma were in a bridge club together.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Houn wrote: »

Having recently spent time in and around Tillamook, on the coast? Not just the East Side, dawg.

Most counties in Oregon are red, but the population in Oregon is concentrated in the Portland Metro (solidly democrat), Salem, Bend and Eugene. Salem is more conservative than Portland, but still solidly democrat. Bend is eastern Oregon, I honestly don't know how they lean I'd have to look it up. Eugene is a college town,

GnomeTank on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    On BBC World News today they were talking to a couple in Pennsylvania where the husband was planning on voting for Trump and the wife was planning on voting for Hillary.

Man: "Hillary plays the woman card all the time!"
    Woman: "No she doesn't."
    Man: "She does, you just can't see it because you're a woman!"

I swear to God.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    trump going to raise the divorce rate

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    trump going to raise the divorce rate

that's called leadership

molding the country in his image

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited October 2016

Why do these assclowns insist on embarrassing themselves for a guy who is not going to care about them doing so?

Couscous on
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Democratic National Committee Chair Donna Brazile did not, as a series of media outlets reported, leak questions to Hillary Clinton before a CNN town hall in March, a top Democratic official said on Tuesday.

The reports emerged on Tuesday when some observers digging through the recent WikiLeaks release of Clinton campaign chair John Podesta's leaked emails noticed similarities between a private email sent from the then-CNN contributor and DNC vice chair to Clinton communications director Jennifer Palmieri saying that she " gets questions in advance" a day before a CNN town hall debate.

In the email to Palmieri, Brazile flagged a question she received from CNN about the death penalty in the body of an email to Palmieri titled "from time to time I get the questions in advance."

"Nineteen states and the District of Columbia have banned the death penalty. Thirty-one states, including Ohio, still have the death penalty. According to the National Coalition To Abolish The Death Penalty, since 1973, 156 people have been executed on death row and later set free. Since 1976, 1,414 people have been executed in the US. That's 11% of Americans who were sentenced to die, but later exonerated and freed. Ohio and 30 other states should join the current list and abolish the death penalty."

Palmieri appeared to take Brazile's email as a request for talking points, saying that "not everyone likes her answer, but I can share it," CCing a staffer asking to send over Clinton's previous answer on death penalty questions.

At a town hall event a day later, exonerated death row inmate Ricky Johnson posed a question for Clinton about her stance on the death penalty.

"I came perilously close to my own execution, and in light of that, what I have just shared with you and in light of the fact that there are documented cases of innocent people who have been executed in our country, I would like to know how can you still take your stance on the death penalty in light of what we know right now.

Multiple news outlets, including Politico, BuzzFeed, and Mediaite reported that the exchange signaled that Brazile had knowledge of the March 13 town hall question in advance, tipping off the Clinton campaign.

However, according to a top Democratic Party source familiar with the exchange, Brazile's emails were not referencing a question at the town hall. Instead, the question Brazile forwarded on to Palmieri was a topic for conversation on a panel that Brazile was to set to appear on.

The source also said that Brazile was in regular contact throughout the primary with both Democratic primary campaigns, communicating with former Sen. Bernie Sanders senior strategist Tad Devine, who worked with Brazile on the Vice President Al Gore's 2000 campaign.

CNN also confirmed that it never reveals town hall questions in advance.

"We have never, ever given a town hall question to anyone beforehand," CNN vice president of communications Barbara Levin said in an email on Tuesday.

In a statement released Tuesday afternoon, Brazile also denied leaking questions.

"I often shared my thoughts with each and every campaign, and any suggestions that indicate otherwise are completely untrue," Brazile said. " Inever had access to questions and would never have shared them with the candidates if I did."

The latest round of Wikileaks emails are the result of what the Obama administration has deemed hacks by Russian-aligned groups attempting to sew further chaos in the 2016 presidential campaign.

Released in August, the first batch of DNC emails showed some top-level staffers complaining internally about Sanders, resulting in a leadership shakeup that resulted in Brazile's appointment following former DNC chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz's resignation.
    Well I'm looking forward to hearing about this for the next month anyway.

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    Democratic National Committee Chair Donna Brazile did not, as a series of media outlets reported, leak questions to Hillary Clinton before a CNN town hall in March, a top Democratic official said on Tuesday.

The reports emerged on Tuesday when some observers digging through the recent WikiLeaks release of Clinton campaign chair John Podesta's leaked emails noticed similarities between a private email sent from the then-CNN contributor and DNC vice chair to Clinton communications director Jennifer Palmieri saying that she " gets questions in advance" a day before a CNN town hall debate.

In the email to Palmieri, Brazile flagged a question she received from CNN about the death penalty in the body of an email to Palmieri titled "from time to time I get the questions in advance."

"Nineteen states and the District of Columbia have banned the death penalty. Thirty-one states, including Ohio, still have the death penalty. According to the National Coalition To Abolish The Death Penalty, since 1973, 156 people have been executed on death row and later set free. Since 1976, 1,414 people have been executed in the US. That's 11% of Americans who were sentenced to die, but later exonerated and freed. Ohio and 30 other states should join the current list and abolish the death penalty."

Palmieri appeared to take Brazile's email as a request for talking points, saying that "not everyone likes her answer, but I can share it," CCing a staffer asking to send over Clinton's previous answer on death penalty questions.

At a town hall event a day later, exonerated death row inmate Ricky Johnson posed a question for Clinton about her stance on the death penalty.

"I came perilously close to my own execution, and in light of that, what I have just shared with you and in light of the fact that there are documented cases of innocent people who have been executed in our country, I would like to know how can you still take your stance on the death penalty in light of what we know right now.

Multiple news outlets, including Politico, BuzzFeed, and Mediaite reported that the exchange signaled that Brazile had knowledge of the March 13 town hall question in advance, tipping off the Clinton campaign.

However, according to a top Democratic Party source familiar with the exchange, Brazile's emails were not referencing a question at the town hall. Instead, the question Brazile forwarded on to Palmieri was a topic for conversation on a panel that Brazile was to set to appear on.

The source also said that Brazile was in regular contact throughout the primary with both Democratic primary campaigns, communicating with former Sen. Bernie Sanders senior strategist Tad Devine, who worked with Brazile on the Vice President Al Gore's 2000 campaign.

CNN also confirmed that it never reveals town hall questions in advance.

"We have never, ever given a town hall question to anyone beforehand," CNN vice president of communications Barbara Levin said in an email on Tuesday.

In a statement released Tuesday afternoon, Brazile also denied leaking questions.

"I often shared my thoughts with each and every campaign, and any suggestions that indicate otherwise are completely untrue," Brazile said. " Inever had access to questions and would never have shared them with the candidates if I did."

The latest round of Wikileaks emails are the result of what the Obama administration has deemed hacks by Russian-aligned groups attempting to sew further chaos in the 2016 presidential campaign.

Released in August, the first batch of DNC emails showed some top-level staffers complaining internally about Sanders, resulting in a leadership shakeup that resulted in Brazile's appointment following former DNC chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz's resignation.
    Well I'm looking forward to hearing about this for the next month anyway.

Maybe. The first batch didn't seem to get much traction.

Granted, I am not the audience for that kind of leak so maybe I just didn't see it.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »

Why do these assclowns insist on embarrassing themselves for a guy who is not going to care about them doing so?

Fuck. Ing. Hell.

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Mr Farentholt is the rep in my district. Hooraaaaaaaaay.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »

Because they are bad people.

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    Mr Farentholt is the rep in my district. Hooraaaaaaaaay.

:bro:

(My rep sucks too)

• Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »

Like the clip?

• Options
    CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    Rudy Giuliani asking a crowd "do you know anyone here who goes to Canada for health care?"

Well no, Rudy...I don't. I wonder why?!

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
  • Options
    jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you? DC(ish)Registered User regular

shit's getting serious on the twitters right now

• Options
    HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular

Excuse me while I cry into my beer.

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular

This feels like one of those logic puzzles from middle school.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    DunderDunder Registered User regular
    I wish people would just reply to trump's projections and blame games with "Sure Donny, whatever you say".

Act like a five year old, treat like a five year old.

• Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    Crayon wrote: »
    Rudy Giuliani asking a crowd "do you know anyone here who goes to Canada for health care?"

Actually... Toronto hospital courts wealthy ‘medical tourists’ :
    UHN recently secured malpractice insurance to cover Americans. “We would estimate that including Americans in UHN’s International Patient Program would double Program revenues within two years,” UHN president Robert Bell wrote in a report to the board of trustees in October.

And Making Canada a Destination for Medical Tourists: Why Canadian Provinces Should Not Try to Become “Mayo Clinics of the North”

It's not particularly common, because we'd still charge you anyways as foreign patients. Also, we're a small nation, so our level of specialization is lower; our health care system is subject to a higher level of government regulation, which eliminates a lot of the fringe treatments that exist in the US that attract Canadian patients; and we actively try to prevent it.

• Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    God, I actually think I hate Guiliani more than Trump. Like he's Iago to Trump's Jafar.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    hippofant wrote: »
    Crayon wrote: »

Actually... Toronto hospital courts wealthy ‘medical tourists’ :
    UHN recently secured malpractice insurance to cover Americans. “We would estimate that including Americans in UHN’s International Patient Program would double Program revenues within two years,” UHN president Robert Bell wrote in a report to the board of trustees in October.

And Making Canada a Destination for Medical Tourists: Why Canadian Provinces Should Not Try to Become “Mayo Clinics of the North”

It's not particularly common, because we'd still charge you anyways as foreign patients. Also, we're a small nation, so our level of specialization is lower; our health care system is subject to a higher level of government regulation, which eliminates a lot of the fringe treatments that exist in the US that attract Canadian patients; and we actively try to prevent it.

It was speaking to the socialistic aspect of it, so this isn't entirely relevant to that point. It also doesn't exactly speak to, you know, Americans it seems in that article. The closest thing in either of them is “We know that every year several hundred thousand Americans travel outside of America and spend billions of dollars on their health care." That's not specifically Canada. It says about making services better for Americans, but nothing about them actually making it a destination for Americans.

So, in essence, my point kind of stands? I don't entirely understand the reply.

Crayon on
  • Options
    TaximesTaximes Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Jazz wrote: »

Like the clip?

Full Frontal has done some great interviews of Trump supporters too, but it sounds like this one from the Daily Show (@ 1:30):

https://youtu.be/Y4Zdx97A63s

Taximes on
  • Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    Handgimp wrote: »

Excuse me while I cry into my beer.

Wait, is he admitting to being dominated by a woman? Ooh. That has to sting.

Well of course not. He's just projecting. And being insane.

MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Trump's campaign can be summed up in two words: NO U!

• Options
    jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you? DC(ish)Registered User regular

AC with the truth bombs

i think he's still pissed about Sunday

This discussion has been closed.