As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Crusader Kings III: You Can Steal the Pope's Hat

• Options
    CesareBCesareB Registered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Campy wrote: »
    And sometimes you and the plotter just happen to have the same goal.

"Oh no. How awful. Someone - who certainly wasn't me - has assassinated the Count of Pilsner. What terrible, uh, terrible news."

The number of times I've seen the arrest popup appear, clicked it, and gone "Huh, good luck with that!" is probably higher than the number of times I've wanted to end a plot or throw someone in prison, tbqh.

There really should be an option to just join it once you find out about it.

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    CesareB wrote: »
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Campy wrote: »
    And sometimes you and the plotter just happen to have the same goal.

"Oh no. How awful. Someone - who certainly wasn't me - has assassinated the Count of Pilsner. What terrible, uh, terrible news."

The number of times I've seen the arrest popup appear, clicked it, and gone "Huh, good luck with that!" is probably higher than the number of times I've wanted to end a plot or throw someone in prison, tbqh.

There really should be an option to just join it once you find out about it.

"Sire, I have grave news. We've discovered a plot against the life of your beloved."

"...where do I sign up?"

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    The other thing I've got a question about is, like, when a councilor proposes a law change that you support. You start off opposing it, and I have no idea how to change my vote.

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    I spent three hundred years worrying about how I'm going to beat/grind down the Aztecs with their 200k event-spawned troops

Turns out I played too much EU4, the solution was to marry them

slavonia2.jpg~original

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Make love, not war.

Or, love conquers all.

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Who's light blue?

And is that Cyprus in Siberia?!

• Options
    edited September 2016
    Light blue is the Mongol Empire, at their maximum extent they had conquered Italy, the Byzantine Empire and a large part of the Middle East

That's why you see Cyprus in Siberia and a part of Armenia in Volga Bulgaria - Nikaia and Armenia are custom kingdoms which the AI created, that's why the colors differ

Platy on
  • Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    2.6.2 Patch notes

"- Devouring the Head of a religion not your own may give Sympathy towards it. You are what you eat."

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Asthariel wrote: »
    2.6.2 Patch notes

"- Devouring the Head of a religion not your own may give Sympathy towards it. You are what you eat."

WAY more importantly:
    - Added a new Game Rule allowing you to keep punished prisoners imprisoned

YOU ARE GONNA HEAR MY POEMS UNTIL YOU SEE THE TRUTH.

• Options
    I have three heads of religion as my vassals (the Slavic one, the Aztec one and the Ecumenical Patriarch)

How do you become a cannibal?

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    I have three heads of religion as my vassals (the Slavic one, the Aztec one and the Ecumenical Patriarch)

How do you become a cannibal?

Close the gates during an epidemic and wait.

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    I'm being hit by the plague and a crusade and it's a massive, massive disaster

I've never seen things go to shit like this

I'm at 35/9 holdings because so many lines have gone extinct

Most of my realm's titles changed hands at least twice when the bubonic plague swept through; I was worried for the dynasty

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    Rhan9Rhan9 Registered User regular
    What I'd like to know, is how do I become a highlander?

Achievement-112.jpg

• Options
    New patch 2.6.2 is oooouuuut

More customizable game rules, more cat and dog events, more immortality events, more Crusader-like traits for other religions.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    - Added special text for cannibals who find a human head on their bed

I love reading CK2 patch notes.

• Options
    Okay CK2 thread, question for you: I'm playing as a Republic, and for the longest time my strategy was to take my favored son, grant them a province and then give them a duchy and the Designated Heir title and fill the election coffers to guarantee they would be my successor.

However, for some reason it keeps saying my heir will be an unlanded relative, and in fact when my Genius son was marked as the heir candidate for being in charge, he was removed from the running after I granted him a landed title!

Was there a law that got changed somehow without me noticing or something?

• Options
    Mr RayMr Ray Sarcasm sphereRegistered User regular
    Rhan9 wrote: »
    What I'd like to know, is how do I become a highlander?

Achievement-112.jpg

Luck. I had the event fire by pure chance in the first few years of a new campaign and had Hasteinn of Nantes become immortal. This was after losing his face to cancer and becoming infirm, so now I've got this sort of immortal mummy-viking with amazing stats even after the -3 to everything from infirm, and thanks to being a Germanic in Europe he's got a causus beli on pretty much whoever he wants. I'm probably going to get kicked off of the continent by Charles sooner or later, but I've taken Cornwall and two Welsh provinces and gotten an alliance with Jorvik, so its only a matter of time before all of the British Isles are united under the rule of Mum-ra Hasteinn the Everliving Conqueror.

I'll admit I save-scummed the hell out of the events to make sure I picked all the right choices but I'm not exactly going for achievements anyway.

• Options
    edited October 2016
    So... Uhh... Started a new game as the count of Orvieto. The county right next to Rome?

A0Bh8o1.png

I have a good feeling about this playthrough. First time seeing these events.

Rhan9 on
  • Options
    So... Uhh... Started a new game as the count of Orvieto. The county right next to Rome?

A0Bh8o1.png

I have a good feeling about this playthrough. First time seeing these events.

I've seen the result of that event a lot on AI guys, I think. You may be in for a good time!

• Options
    Well, it's progressing...

7C3wS3o.png

• Options
    Yep, that's the one.

• Options
    edited October 2016
    This can't be right... O_O

JZMKMCq.png
    sFbltrj.png

Rhan9 on
  • Options
    Oh, no, it totally can. The last time I saw this it was on the King of Burgundy and he was a total badass for a good 30 years.

• Options
    nefffffffffffnefffffffffff Registered User regular
    holy shit those stats

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    So, my succession crisis, guys... any advice?

• Options
    holy shit those stats

I'm also the Anti-Christ. I keep hearing the voice of Satan, racking up more and more mortal sins (getting advice from Leviathan, Beelzebub etc.) and overall things feel like they're escalating towards a complete collapse. We'll see how it goes. If I can grab another duchy on top of my current Tuscany, maybe Ferrara, I would likely be strong enough to fight off anything short of Italy combined.

• Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    So, my succession crisis, guys... any advice?

I have to say, I've no idea. Haven't played with republics much, but that sounds like he's been given something that disqualifies him from succession/election.

• Options
    edited October 2016
    There was a fix a while ago to keep you from switching between being a republic and feudalism by landing your heir with either a city or a castle

Maybe he has a castle to his name, a barony or maybe they changed it so landed characters can't inherit in a republic at all - I don't really know though

Platy on
  • Options
    So yeah, got a free army of cultists led by three witches during this war, as if I wasn't already overpowered:
    sryhaRH.jpg

• Options
    edited October 2016
    They used to be Generic Pagan, apparently they changed their religions so you can no longer switch to Generic Paganism

I think Circe might've even been Hellenic, but I'm quite unsure

Platy on
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    There was a fix a while ago to keep you from switching between being a republic and feudalism by landing your heir with either a city or a castle

Maybe he has a castle to his name, a barony or maybe they changed it so landed characters can't inherit in a republic at all - I don't really know though

I just rechecked the patch notes, apparently yeah, landed heirs can't be the Republic inheritor.

I guess... I should revoke his titles?

Hah...

EDIT: Nope, wouldn't be able to revoke his title without some valid reason. Shit, might have fucked up my succession here.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    Hahahaha... The anti-christ died of camp fever.

Oh well, my heir is a Strong Genius, and I married him to Morgana. I'll survive.

• Options
    The code for republics is apparently really wonky and complex and problematic, this is why they also never added female succession to republics

• Options
    This time, i will finally try to get from 1066 to 1453.

I am at 1148 so far, my second ruler of Wendish Empire: Kazimierz "the Lame", who is clubfooted, blind on one eye, knows nothing about war, and yet managed to conquer Lithuania and Pomerania, and completely abolished council power thanks to his 20 diplomacy. One of the more interesting characters i had, he reminds me of Yarvi from Joe Abercrombie books, but with focus on diplomacy rather than intrigue.

His biggest achievement is propably the fact, that his younger brother is his best friend, and there is 0 tension, revolts, or backstabbing - he got duchy in Lithuania, he became Marshal thanks to 18 martial score, and is perfectly happy with his life.

Also, Kazimierz has 7 daughters, but only one son. Truly living a medieval dream.

• Options
    This time, i will finally try to get from 1066 to 1453.

I am at 1148 so far, my second ruler of Wendish Empire: Kazimierz "the Lame", who is clubfooted, blind on one eye, knows nothing about war, and yet managed to conquer Lithuania and Pomerania, and completely abolished council power thanks to his 20 diplomacy. One of the more interesting characters i had, he reminds me of Yarvi from Joe Abercrombie books, but with focus on diplomacy rather than intrigue.

His biggest achievement is propably the fact, that his younger brother is his best friend, and there is 0 tension, revolts, or backstabbing - he got duchy in Lithuania, he became Marshal thanks to 18 martial score, and is perfectly happy with his life.

Also, Kazimierz has 7 daughters, but only one son. Truly living a medieval dream.

One of the sillier things I've had happen was making my Paranoid Madman nephew a Duke to keep him from using his rather high Intrigue against me, then having that character die and discover that somehow the AI for my successor had made friends with the guy while I was ruling.

He gave me a lot of well-intentioned but totally insane advice about my rule for the next 20 years.

• Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Kinda late, but Friday was the 950th anniversary of the Battle of Hastings. In honour of that day, I've been playing as good King Harold, who repels the Vikings, captures William the Bastard and has him rot in prison until he dies. All hail the True King of England!

Muzzmuzz on
  • Options
    Does any of you have an idea about why i can't revoke titles of my imprisoned traitorous vassals even though i have full ruler power and i shouldb e able to revoke titles?

• Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    Does any of you have an idea about why i can't revoke titles of my imprisoned traitorous vassals even though i have full ruler power and i shouldb e able to revoke titles?

Do you have a truce with them? I think with a truce you need a valid reason. Also maybe the crown laws of where their lands are are different from your normal ones?

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    I just started a new game since 2.5.2. This game rules screen is a thing of beauty.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Hahahaha... The anti-christ died of camp fever.

somewhere in the depths, Satan curses in tongues and flips the table.
    "Camp fever?!? Are you #%)*ing me???"

Commander Zoom on