As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa 2016: You'll go down in history...

1272829303133»

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Uh no, Amazon says my gift was delivered Thursday

Let me PM you the address I was given

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    UPDATE UPDATE:

I got it.

GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif

o3ArSwq.jpg

The package. Was slightly off target, ended up in a neighbour's mailbox, but it got to its rightful home in the end.

Open...

AKqZiga.jpg

It's a nice DOTA figurine! It will be a nice decoration to put somewhere around the computer.

2GVfVZ8.jpg

It's a bit of a lonely place, but it'll do for now.

---

Well, that was more adventurous than I anticipated. But still, thank you, @Bobkins Flymo. And uh, sorry about the troubles a Canadian address caused you.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    ...what is this lack of clutter near the computer? I do not understand. I thought clutter was required for maximal operation?

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    My desk at home is covered (read: covered) in stuffed animals and figures.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »
    ...what is this lack of clutter near the computer? I do not understand. I thought clutter was required for maximal operation?

It's a newborn computer. It'll accrue it's protective shell of clutter and assorted detritus as it ages.

• Options
    Hey @Dac Vin did that come with a code for in-game? It said it was supposed to.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »

Uh err, I might have cleaned up displaced the clutter somewhere else and abused camera angles to not show it.
    Hey @Dac Vin did that come with a code for in-game? It said it was supposed to.

Oh sorry. Yeah, it did, I just haven't activated the code yet.

• Options
    Cool, just making sure. Enjoy!

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    I'm going to have to do some digging, because it certainly appears that the second (and best) half of my gift never made it to my Santee, and the shipper had no tracking available. Grr.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Bursar wrote: »
    I'm going to have to do some digging, because it certainly appears that the second (and best) half of my gift never made it to my Santee, and the shipper had no tracking available. Grr.

Yeah, I've been checking for a package slip every day, but no dice. :( I am very happy with what I got, but sad for you!

SwashbucklerXX on
    Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    Mace1370Mace1370 Registered User regular
    Has anyone heard from Proxy or Hypatia? I sent them a message several weeks ago with no response.

• Options
    Hypatia is preoccupied with some things, so give it some time.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Will do, thanks for replying :)

• Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    So, I'm gonna level with you. I was at least 97% sure that Christmas was over. @kendrik had other ideas. The Loot Crates keep coming!

GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif
    b6bfowf1mj9d.jpg

I really, really like this shirt and the Cap shield. Probably going to plant grass or somesuch in the tiki ninja turtle and set it on my windowsill, I think. The box turns into a comic holder this month, which is also fun. Man, comics have come a long way. I kid you not, the cliffhanger in Action Comics #1 is "will Superman survive this jump?" Hilarious.

Thank you!

Frem on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    You own a copy of Action Comics #1?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    You own a copy of Action Comics #1?

A reprint was one of the things in the box!

Frem on
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    I... think that post up there is spam?

EDIT: And now that post has been removed, so ♫don't mind meeeee♫.

Delduwath on
  • Options
    KendrikKendrik Lewisville, TXRegistered User regular
    Frem wrote: »
    So, I'm gonna level with you. I was at least 97% sure that Christmas was over. @kendrik had other ideas. The Loot Crates keep coming!

I really, really like this shirt and the Cap shield. Probably going to plant grass or somesuch in the tiki ninja turtle and set it on my windowsill, I think. The box turns into a comic holder this month, which is also fun. Man, comics have come a long way. I kid you not, the cliffhanger in Action Comics #1 is "will Superman survive this jump?" Hilarious.

Thank you!

That should be the last one. I'm glad you got some cool stuff in them! Definitely going on my list for future gifting.

steam_sig.png
    For your own Steam Signature visit https://alabasterslim.com/steam-signatures/
    Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984
  • Options
    If you think something is spam, do not comment about it. Just report it and we'll determine if it needs to be taken care of

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    79dl60epxqjn.jpg

Behold!!! Only six weeks after its expected arrival, Canada Customs finally released the gift that the excellent @Bursar ordered me from Japan!

ymbf57sp6gjh.jpg

It's a Kiseki art book! This is only one of my all-time favourite franchises, and it's super pretty! Thanks so much, Bursar, and sorry the whims of international shipping made you stress out!

• Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    Holy crap! Project: Chillsmith finally trundled its way across the sea! I'm honestly surprised it made it. I hope you like it! (Your husband said you would, but also said he was playing the games at the same time.)

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    Bursar wrote: »
    Holy crap! Project: Chillsmith finally trundled its way across the sea! I'm honestly surprised it made it. I hope you like it! (Your husband said you would, but also said he was playing the games at the same time.)

He wasn't lyin', I was the one who told him he should play the games. ;) I do like it a lot; they even have a bunch of Trails in the Sky characters scattered about in it.

• Options
    HypatiaHypatia Registered User regular
    I just want to say I am sorry for falling so far behind.

I also wanted to say a huge thank you to Radiation who has been helping me out with the gift wall, he has been amazing and huge kudos to him! :D

Working on getting stuff up to date now.

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Hypatia wrote: »
    I just want to say I am sorry for falling so far behind.

I also wanted to say a huge thank you to Radiation who has been helping me out with the gift wall, he has been amazing and huge kudos to him! :D

Working on getting stuff up to date now.

All good. Real life is where it's at, and this is secondary at best. No need to feel sorry about any of it.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    The dust has settled and I finally get to thank @vegeta_666 for all of my gifts! I was so excited, and so happy to have received a haul off Star Wars books, puzzles and an AWESOME Millennium Falcon bottle opener...which has already received its fair share of use helping me plow through a case of Jack's Abby. Thank you so much =)
    0qs3h03po6np.jpg

ClannMorgan on
  • Options
    It's February, so I think we're long past the time to end the annual festivities.

Last I checked, we only have two Santees that are still waiting on gifts, and those aren't confirmed deadbeats...yet. So that's another successful shindig in my book, and I'd like to thank @Hypatia for running this thing like butter year after year. It's no easy feat managing this many people, so let's give her a round of applause!

Feel free to post any late gifts you've received, but for now the holly jolly season must come to a close. Proxy is being prepped for the annual Santaless Sleep, and the wrapping paper is being hauled to recycling. Don't worry though: Secret Santa 2017 is just eight months away!

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Proxy the ElfProxy the Elf Registered User regular
    THE DEED IS DONE

SLUMBER CONSUMES ME

HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!
    Spreading Christmas cheer across the forums since 2009!
  • Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    I will say I'm disappointed my Santee never posted anything about their gifts.

• Options
    I posted, but never heard anything from my Santa/who they were. Were you my Santa, shadowane?

• Options
    Nope.

• Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    shadowane wrote: »
    I will say I'm disappointed my Santee never posted anything about their gifts.

Yeah, for the second year in a row my santees have only posted half of the gifts I sent. I spread em out so the cheer lasts the whole season, but yeah, I feel you.

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    People should be posting pics; it's a rule of the event. Let hypatia know and maybe we'll blacklist them for next year.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    I figure @Elvenshae would like to see this:
    k4qdugjs93lj.jpg

Houn on
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    People should be posting pics; it's a rule of the event. Let hypatia know and maybe we'll blacklist them for next year.

I posted pics, right? Right?! Better go check...

Whew, yeah, I'm good.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options

Oh she knows and has been receptive. Just expressing my disappointment.

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Looks great, @Houn - glad there was a good spot on your wall for it!