Options

Pather Panchali [Chat]

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    What was the general verdict on FF15? OK but quite iffy in places? Amazing? A JRPG?

A trainwreck once the story starts to finally move, but good while it lasts

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    What was the general verdict on FF15? OK but quite iffy in places? Amazing? A JRPG?

Some people like it. I thought it was embarrassingly poorly written single-player MMO garbage, so yes, a JRPG

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    i haven't played ff13 at all but i respect the hell out of the kazoo music
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZolvwYg_Ohk

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    neco y u hate ff4

I dont!

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    James Woods stole Patton Oswalt's shoe at the WGA Awards.

OK.

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    It always surprises me when people say that they liked 8 so much.

That was one of the games that I disliked so much it made it where I didn't play JRPGs for a couple of years.

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    i also forgot to defend crystal chronicles honor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfQ4DiRzd14

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    AMrpRshl.jpg

Ludious on
  • Options
    XIII-2 had nu-metal chocobo music

https://youtu.be/hEUOOgNzOv4

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    I had a stray thought recently that one of the best subtle ways you could help a kid succeed is by getting them a laptop rather than a tablet. Having persistent computer experience seems very useful until tablets start getting used in offices.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Neco wrote: »
    XIII-2 had nu-metal chocobo music

https://youtu.be/hEUOOgNzOv4

give an alibi, a locked room, and squeenix's music director

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    I had a stray thought recently that one of the best subtle ways you could help a kid succeed is by getting them a laptop rather than a tablet. Having persistent computer experience seems very useful until tablets start getting used in offices.

Just cripple it so games aren't accessible via GUI.

Whole reason I know anything about DOS.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    James Woods stole Patton Oswalt's shoe at the WGA Awards.

OK.
    Looks like the shoe

7xKu7h3.jpg?1

is on the other foot

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Ann Leckie was right

Statewide interlibrary loan is fucking amazing

Like, I thought it was impressive just being in a metro area with a couple branches of the same library

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    FF15 had absurd pacing problems, compounded by the fact the story is entirely unclear that you're about to encounter said pacing problems.

Plus they had a super padded penultimate dungeon and didn't explore like, a dozen different things, especially including the ENDGAME SPOILER area.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Shivahn wrote: »
    P10 wrote: »
    i haven't played 6 and the version of 6 on steam is apparently a kinda bad mobile port so i haven't still

It just has kind of weird redone art. Lacking a nostalgic connection to the original probably lessens its offensiveness, though.

The art is super tonally dissonant, I think. That might only matter to me, though.

Not just you

I wont buy it on steam because of it

Right, but @Neco we played it years ago + tend to read it deeply. I dunno if people who want to play an FF game or only care about the plot in a superficial way will care.

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    No Ludious
    NO

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    @cptrugged how did the date go?

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
  • Options
    P10 wrote: »
    i haven't played 6 and the version of 6 on steam is apparently a kinda bad mobile port so i haven't still

It just has kind of weird redone art. Lacking a nostalgic connection to the original probably lessens its offensiveness, though.

The art is super tonally dissonant, I think. That might only matter to me, though.

Not just you

I wont buy it on steam because of it

Right, but @Neco we played it years ago + tend to read it deeply. I dunno if people who want to play an FF game or only care about the plot in a superficial way will care.

Oh, yeah that is a good point

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    Six wrote: »
    I just got dumped into Conan so far off the map I couldn't even see where I was.

I built a patio for the little desert building and plonked down a Wheel, a tannery, and an armorcrsfter bench for good measure

There's an extra cutlass and some other stuff in the chest under the stairs btw

@desc yeah I just got in and saw everything you did. I spent time getting hide and making myself some better stuff. Holy shit killing things with an iron sword is easier than with a stone dagger. Who knew?

I ran out of points though and I haven't learned rope yet or else I'd go get more slaves so instead I put two heads over the front door.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    @Jacobkosh Hey, you mentioned a speed mod for Sunless Sea. Did you ever have issues with the turn speed of your ship after applying the mod?

Nevermind, I risked an install and it works like a charm. If anyone's curious, I used the one I found from by googling "sunless sea speed mod" and it's the first result on the steam community forums.

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Playing Fallout 4 last night and going through the Boston Airport, I had the classical station on the Pip-Boy. Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2 was playing, about halfway through the song as I started to work my way through the terminal and encountering ever-increasing amounts of ghouls.

It is almost perversely fun to kill ever-increasing amounts of ghouls while listening to Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2 and syncing your shots to the music, silenced 10mm pew-pewing as they charge you and drop one after another.

And then pulling out the Fat Man and timing the launch and detonation to the final flourish.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    So going and getting my taxes done today. Return is going to replace the current computer. It is literally as old as my car. I built this thing in 2009. I might do a prebuilt this time...

The pre-built.

http://www.microcenter.com/product/467635/G313_Desktop_Computer

I replicated it on pc partpicker.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/qsnKxY

Uh, this looks like an insane deal.

@Ludious look and tell me I am not crazy that the deal looks good.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    Oh also I built a blacksmith bench before I noticed where you'd put it and so there's an extra in the box there.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    I guess I won't be playing FFXV. It feels like saying goodbye to an old friend who has grown distant now that he is increasingly fond of pursuits we no longer share, like huffing lead paint.

• Options
    It looks like a really good deal but remember cheapo prebuilts like that usually have shit power supplies and heat sinks. Also does it say what the mobo is? If not you could be getting a trash mobo too

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    So going and getting my taxes done today. Return is going to replace the current computer. It is literally as old as my car. I built this thing in 2009. I might do a prebuilt this time...

The pre-built.

Ludious look and tell me I am not crazy that the deal looks good.

Can that play vr...? @bloodyroarxx

• Options
    edited February 2017
    Ludious wrote: »
    It looks like a really good deal but remember cheapo prebuilts like that usually have shit power supplies and heat sinks. Also does it say what the mobo is? If not you could be getting a trash mobo too

It is a mix of cheap and not cheap stuff, I literally grabbed the parts on pc part picker. The cooler is literally the same one I have installed now. I can swap out my power supply though. I have a bigger one in my current computer.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    -cptrugged how did the date go?

So.

Friday's date with Woman #2 was goddamn amazing. We talked for like 3 hours, no uncomfortable silences, and there was definitely the electricity of attraction. I was so jazzed that on my way home I was blasting the soundtrack to Flash Gordon and doing some amazing singing. I'm really excited about going out with this girl man. I hope it continues to go well.

Sunday's date. Well. This was was Woman #1 and I knew that there simply wasn't that romantic vibe. And so after dinner I let her know that I thought she was super fuckin' cool and I totally wanted to still be friends. I really do! She took it well, and was cool with still being buddies. But damn man, I could see it in her eyes that maybe she was feeling it more than I had been. It tore me up. I was in a shit mood for the rest of the night and felt awful. I know it was the right thing to do. But damn.

• Options
    Waters took the stage to accept his honor and proudly cribbed from his screenplay for Female Trouble: “I wouldn’t suck your lousy dick if I was suffocating and there was oxygen in your balls. I wrote that! Oh, we had dialogue then."

I am very fond of John Waters.

• Options
    Eh it's actually a good mobo. Still wary of psu and heat sink. But put it this way: if I was near a micro center I'd prolly buy it.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »
    It always surprises me when people say that they liked 8 so much.

That was one of the games that I disliked so much it made it where I didn't play JRPGs for a couple of years.

I just respect the weird-as-hell story and the Squall Is Dead theory

I respect but dislike a lot of things, like Bush the Elder

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular

Checking some reviews on it and it seems to lean to issues with needing to flash the bios to a newer version to correct some Ethernet port issues. That and some have had issues with RAM slots.

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    rugged
    did you wear your denim anime jacket

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    There are a lot of moderately critical reviews happening here that should probably be needed re:ffxv

But I would like to remphasize, in addition to pacing issues and messy plot, that every moment of the game is acutely unbearable

• Options
    MUTHAFUCKING
    BAKERY IS OPEN

FUCK
    YES

• Options
    Eh it's actually a good mobo. Still wary of psu and heat sink. But put it this way: if I was near a micro center I'd prolly buy it.

It is literally down the road from me. And I have straight up replaced whatever I need to. So I am not too worried. I will probably get and throw in a terabyte storage drive to.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options

The pre-built.

Ludious look and tell me I am not crazy that the deal looks good.

Can that play vr...? bloodyroarxx

Castle it can VR pretty much out of the box.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    but why craft clever dialogue when you could point a handheld camera at two people exchanging uninteresting small talk for 10 minutes

This discussion has been closed.