Options

Pather Panchali [Chat]

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    Do I even like the visual style of ff13 or do I just like the uncanny valley pink hair protago-waifu

Until she opens her mouth

Just like real life, eh fellow heterosexuals

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    Now y'all are fucking bashing Lightning?

The worst opinions today.I

wait I thought he ment Vanille

I can't tell if I love or hate Vanille

another complex crush...

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Started download for Crysis 3 before running some errands.

Come home and freak out for a second cause my computer's blaring something. I guess Origin will just auto launch stuff you download.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Do I even like the visual style of ff13 or do I just like the uncanny valley pink hair protago-waifu

Until she opens her mouth

Just like real life, eh fellow heterosexuals

And that was Desc with Hot Takes and this is CBC Radio One

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    Morning my fellow pretentious assholes~

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    This kitty is head resting on my hand and purring so loud

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular

I really like her character

the other pink hair on the team makes shivers go down my spine

since in the beginning you play the different groups that eventually become your party by themselves, so far it's pretty much been one third "kinda liking these characters" one third "hahaha oh my god these fucking douchebags and this fucking dialog hahaha" to one third "nnnnnuuuuuuueeeeeeuuuuuuurrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhh"

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Are there multiple pink haired ladies

I mean the one on the box that even a Monster Energy-swilling gaijin casual like me has seen

*google*

Okay her leg is creeping me out http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/finalfantasy/images/c/c1/Lightning_Cover.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20100531184012

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    I am trying to think of a meaningful choice I ever made for an FF character on the party that ended up affecting them in a noticeable way. Something equivalent to romancing Jack the 'wrong' way, or the Wrex/Mordin genophage stuff. Or just straight up getting everyone killed in ME2 on the last mission because you send Grunt to deal with the hacking problems or whatever for yucks.

And, uh, I am having a hard time. I know they're not those kind of games, they're games where you ride the story to its conclusion rather than decide anything yourself. But still.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    Bogart wrote: »
    I thought Vanille had brain damage for most of the game.
    Abdhyius wrote:
    she jumps between acting like she is on every single drug at once, and being so weird that she comes across as not actually human but some emanation caused by the psychic ripples of the dreams of an eldritch blind idiot god

the kid comes across as a kid I would intentionally reverse over and hit again if I accidentally hit him with my car while he was doing some angst in the street

I totally get what you mean

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    I haven't actually had an energy drink in months and I don't even like the new CoD I'm a fraud ;_;

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    The name Vanille just makes me inherently dislike the character.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    Abdhyius wrote: »

since in the beginning you play the different groups that eventually become your party by themselves, so far it's pretty much been one third "kinda liking these characters" one third "hahaha oh my god these fucking douchebags and this fucking dialog hahaha" to one third "nnnnnuuuuuuueeeeeeuuuuuuurrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhh"

My hatred of Hope's all whining about his mom dying and ensuing misplaced anger made me quit FFXIII just as things were looking interesting story-wise

I'll get back to it one of these days.....

and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    Turn based final fantasy with positioning of your four man team in a brisk Tactics-y way + lots of dress up options and my $60 are yours

• Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    Vanille is not helped by her voice actress being unable to keep a single accent for the entire game, or even two scenes in a row.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    Are there multiple pink haired ladies

I mean the one on the box that even a Monster Energy-swilling gaijin casual like me has seen

*google*

Okay her leg is creeping me out http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/finalfantasy/images/c/c1/Lightning_Cover.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20100531184012

yes that's the main the lady and she's cool (and not dead eyed-in game and she doesn't the anime over-emoting or "ehn, unf, mnnf" thing instead of words either)

the other one is the Kooky character and just, fuck, she's some kind of Kooky singularity

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »

My hatred of Hope's all whining about his mom dying and ensuing misplaced anger made me quit FFXIII just as things were looking interesting story-wise

The hatred for Hope really baffled me.

He's kid having trouble moving on from seeing his mom get killed and himself being seen as a sub-human monster by the society he was part of.

• Options
    FFXIII-3 end spoilers:
    Hope is the last boss

• Options
    Actually thats not really entirely true but whatever! This is 2017 and I don't need no factual accuracy!

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Turn based final fantasy with positioning of your four man team in a brisk Tactics-y way + lots of dress up options and my $60 are yours

13 still has my favorite battle system.

• Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    I am trying to think of a meaningful choice I ever made for an FF character on the party that ended up affecting them in a noticeable way. Something equivalent to romancing Jack the 'wrong' way, or the Wrex/Mordin genophage stuff. Or just straight up getting everyone killed in ME2 on the last mission because you send Grunt to deal with the hacking problems or whatever for yucks.

And, uh, I am having a hard time. I know they're not those kind of games, they're games where you ride the story to its conclusion rather than decide anything yourself. But still.

there's permadeath for non important characters in tactics.

and... uh... could you actually go on a date with tifa if you were mean to aris or was that just a not true thing?

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    Eddy wrote: »

The hatred for Hope really baffled me.

He's kid having trouble moving on from seeing his mom get killed and himself being seen as a sub-human monster by the society he was part of.

he's the fucking worst and I hope he fucking dies as soon as possible

if you want to portray a kid having some troubles with Bad Shit, hope is 100% how to not do it.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    FF 10, 12, and 13 all seemed like they were trying to find a way to stick with the classic menu driven combat while still changing it up or streamlining it somehow, to greater or lesser success.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Vanille is not helped by her voice actress being unable to keep a single accent for the entire game, or even two scenes in a row.

I've noticed this is a thing

this complaint, I mean, in a general sense

what accent do you mean, specifically

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    redx wrote: »

and... uh... could you actually go on a date with tifa if you were mean to aris or was that just a not true thing?

Fuck Tifa, you could go on a date with Barrett if you did it right.

• Options
    redx wrote: »
    I am trying to think of a meaningful choice I ever made for an FF character on the party that ended up affecting them in a noticeable way. Something equivalent to romancing Jack the 'wrong' way, or the Wrex/Mordin genophage stuff. Or just straighti up getting everyone killed in ME2 on the last mission because you send Grunt to deal with the hacking problems or whatever for yucks.

You could also have the date with barrett, and I think maybe red xiii?

• Options

this complaint, I mean

Sometimes she sounds Australian. Sometimes American. Sometimes English. Sometimes like she's from The Fucking Moon.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I learned this morning that I can't wait for the driverless car future to get here.

Also I stopped playing final fantasy after 11 so I missed out on 12 and 13. I should do those sometime

• Options

this complaint, I mean

Sometimes she sounds Australian. Sometimes American. Sometimes English. Sometimes like she's from The Fucking Moon.

well, I mean, her VA is australian and this is not at all the first time on these boards people have complained about weird accents that are really just australian

but yes the fucking moon thing yes

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Clearly having some brain problems today

going to be a bad day I think :(

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    86rmpadmbxor.png

quiet, PB

• Options
    Actually thats not really entirely true but whatever! This is 2017 and I don't need no factual accuracy!

aw, fuck, I read that spoiler and thought
    is it worth playing through three extremely long games just to see him die?

Yes it absolutely is I want to see this whiny angsty motherfucker's death

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Clearly having some brain problems today

going to be a bad day I think :(

:bro:

• Options
    @OnTheLastCastle @Elki @desc @Sir Landshark

Preloading for the Ghost Recon Open Beta has begun you can find it by searching the xbone store.

Its also available on PS4 the same way (searching the Store) and on PC its in Uplay launcher

Beta goes from 23rd to 27th apparently

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    I bought XIII-3 and played it for a couple of hours and then just sort of frowned and said hmmm I guess this isn't actually fun and decided not to play for another fifty hours.

Neco's spoiler pleases me.

• Options

texhnically he DOES die in the third game, though he comes back

• Options
    Also my original spoiler would only be ranked a s a "mostly false" rather than a "pants on fire" at politifact

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    presidents day having a different bus schedule made me miss my bus
    worst holiday ever

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options

texhnically he DOES die in the third game, though he comes back

n-no

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    P10 wrote: »
    presidents day having a different bus schedule made me miss my bus
    worst holiday ever

you ride the ... bus?

*whispers furiously to board of HOA*