As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

JRPG Thread: Suikoden is fun to say.

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Secret of Evermore was a delight. Every now and then I pick it up again.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Hows Bravely Second compared to Bravely Default.

did you like BD? then you will probably like BS

did you not like BD? then do not go near BS

I have them both but I really never played much of BS I mean too but can you play it now without the whole streetpass town thing people talked about?

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Secret of Evermore is one of those games I wish I had played back in the day. I have too large of a backlog of new games to go back and play it now, unfortunately.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    A steak! wrote: »
    It's good that the Tales talk was expunged from the JRPG thread, so it could get back to being the Granblue thread.

Yea.

I'm not quite sure why a current jurp got booted from the jurp thread so that it could go back to being a phone game thread.

Wrrrryyyyy

At the time it was like the entire last three pages, and since the split that thread has generated more posts that this thread. If I thought Granblue had a chance to make it on its own I'd kick that out, too.

I guess that makes sense.

I appreciate the insight into the reason though.

Thank you for that.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Don't listen to him he's a filthy gacha liker too

He just likes dokkan battle

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Hows Bravely Second compared to Bravely Default.

did you like BD? then you will probably like BS

did you not like BD? then do not go near BS

I have them both but I really never played much of BS I mean too but can you play it now without the whole streetpass town thing people talked about?

If its anything like the one in BD then you really don't need it. Theres boss monsters that pop up but when I played BD they were all level 99+ so it was useless

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Don't listen to him he's a filthy gacha liker too

He just likes dokkan battle

And Record Keeper!

• Options
    both of those are very good gachas, I just tend to stick to one main game (right now it's GBF) and juggling some others out of curiosity (i'm getting back into the super sentai gacha)

gbf is too much video game for me to also be playing anything on the level of dokkan or Record Keeper

• Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Secret of Evermore is great and always brings to mind Illusion of Gaia which I have fond memories of also.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I basically just log into RK so I can collect login mithril and occasionally pull on banners

I've slowly started accumulating 5* gear but haven't actually really sat down and devoted time to "play" it in at least a year

I've kind of started to get back into logging in and pulling units in FFBE too

But GBF is my real strong gacha drug

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    hahaha I guess they had to keep it a secret that it was launching right after the console version to not hurt the console version's initial sales and get sony mad at them?

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    hahaha I guess they had to keep it a secret that it was launching right after the console version to not hurt the console version's initial sales and get sony mad at them?

Well I guess I'm cancelling my Amazon pre-order then

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    They probably just weren't sure how much longer it was going to take to get the PC version ready. Also, if they were going to make a very lazy PC port(not saying they did here) they might want to hold it back slightly so any negative press they get about the PC version doesn't affect the initial sales of the console versions.

Also it's a japanese game where PC gaming is an afterthought so it might be neither of these things.

Joshmvii on
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    The Revengeance port was very, very good, so I doubt the PC port is a rush job.

And SE has gotten much better with PC ports since FF13.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    DeMoN wrote: »
    Naphtali wrote: »
    I've been playing Front Mission 3 on and off for the past few weeks, a strategy jurp counts as a jurp right?

Front Mission 3 is real good

Know what's amazing? Front Mission 5.
    Know what's kinda MEH and not so great? Front Mission 4.

Well that's a bummer to hear seeing as I bought it already

But I also bought it for 4 bucks so not too big a loss if I don't dig it

FM4 is okay. Its mechanically better than 3 but the story is not great. I liked it enough for the gameplay

Huh, alright, I might be okay with it then

I'm like 30 hours into the first path and it's mainly just Kazuki yelling about Alisa as we chase her around the globe
    Kazuki is never going to stop yelling about Alisa, fair warning

4 has a better story, I should get around to playing 5 now that I have a copy and the patch

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    I liked Bravely Second a lot, but I loved BD

The biggest weakness is the new music which is a mixed bag

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I've been playing Front Mission 3 on and off for the past few weeks, a strategy jurp counts as a jurp right?

FM4 is okay. Its mechanically better than 3 but the story is not great. I liked it enough for the gameplay

I'm like 30 hours into the first path and it's mainly just Kazuki yelling about Alisa as we chase her around the globe

4 has a better story, I should get around to playing 5 now that I have a copy and the patch

Sure he does. On the Alicia (really. More like Liu) story path.

Emma's story path had romance.
    Alica/Liu's story path had your party be complete badasses.

I beat FM3 many times in my younger years and for sure perfered Alica's story path.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Emma's path has about 15 more missions but Alisa's path has the better story

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Nier Automata PC release and specs.

English translation via reddit:
    March 17th

Required

OS: Windows® 7 64 bit, Windows® 8.1 64 bit, Windows® 10 64 bit 32bit OS not supported

CPU: Intel® Core ™ i3 2100 or more · AMD A 8 – 6500 or more

Main memory: 4 GB or more

Hard disk / SSD: 50 GB or more free space

Graphics Card: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 770 VRAM 2 GB or more AMD Radeon ™ R9 270X VRAM 2 GB or more

Sound Card: DirectX® 11 compatible

Internet connection: Broadband or more

Screen resolution: 1280 × 720

DirectX®: DirectX® 11

Others: mouse, keyboard, game pad (XInput only)

Recommended

OS: Windows® 8.1 64 bit, Windows® 10 64 bit 32bit OS not supported

CPU: Intel® Core ™ i5 4670 or more · AMD A 10 – 7850 K or more

Main memory: 8 GB or more

Hard disk / SSD: 50 GB or more free space

Graphics Card: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 980 VRAM 4 GB or more AMD Radeon ™ R9 380X VRAM 4 GB or more

Sound card: DirectX® 11 compatible

Internet connection: Broadband or more

Screen resolution: 1920 × 1080

DirectX®: DirectX® 11

Others: mouse, keyboard, game pad (XInput only)

Still no Steam Page though.

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I loved FM3's fake internet and all the hacking so much.

• Options
    That Valve accessory is so dumb

I love it

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    man i haven't thought about that logo in years

vAhwcgT.jpg

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular

I beat FM3 many times in my younger years and for sure perfered Alica's story path.

I still remember, my first time through this game I did Emma's path and was not really enjoying the plot...and then we finally met Alica who promptly began yelling at Emma.

Cue me resetting the game and restarting for Alica's path and enjoying it a bunch.

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    Blackjack wrote: »

I still remember, my first time through this game I did Emma's path and was not really enjoying the plot...and then we finally met Alica who promptly began yelling at Emma.

Cue me resetting the game and restarting for Alica's path and enjoying it a bunch.

There's something to be said about constantly losing and constantly seeing all your allies die in the Emma route for most of the game.

While in Alisa's you have sound tactical plans and win far more than you lose. Especially endgame when you return to Japan. Only in Alisa's route does the MC get the respect of his father as he saves his old man's ass and takes back the country.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    I basically just log into RK so I can collect login mithril and occasionally pull on banners

I've slowly started accumulating 5* gear but haven't actually really sat down and devoted time to "play" it in at least a year

I am so mad tg cid has been delayed so long in BE

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular

I'm not. Means my ass has a chance!

Also 3/3 on pulling a SSR on the daily 10 roll for granblue. I think I'm squandering all my luck for the year.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I'm pulling a lot of SSR...summons...for elements I don't use.

Lucifer for 100% Light bonus and Macula for 50% Water bonus.

Just scraping by with my like 30% Earth one for now...

Oh, and I've gotten like 3 gold moons, which I guess are SSR doubles...and at least 5 copies of the new SR gun.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options

I'm not. Means my ass has a chance!

Also 3/3 on pulling a SSR on the daily 10 roll for granblue. I think I'm squandering all my luck for the year.

I burned all my luck getting three Gold Moons yesterday I think

Also Gamewith has the deets on Orchid's skills and uh, yo Orchid is baller

Puppet Strings is +100% Attack, +100% Double Attack, +40-50% Triple Attack, +50% Critical Hit Rate, +50% Critical Hit Damage

And her third skill is 3x 300% damage hits, with a damage cap of 400k per hit for 1.2m damage total.

• Options
    So. Super Robot Wars V Spoilers. The MC gets to choose between two upgrade mechs eventually. Below is all their attacks.

Which one is a better design and more awesome? Former is Power, later is Speed.

• Options
    CromartyCromarty Danielle Registered User regular
    I see a map attack in the video for the second one, so I think that makes it the better choice.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Second one. Easy.

That thing oozes style.

• Options
    https://youtu.be/h5LaVJvHugc

Okay yeah lyria is good

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Watching that, I'm not even sure what Lyria did. Cast a few buffs? Never attacked except for joining in on the ougi?

That just made me really wish I had characters with interesting/good special attacks, as my current team is incredibly boring to watch. I usually just start it, go read a post or watch part of a video, then check back in when they're done. Sad, since I love Valkyrie Profile.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Lyria gets four skills, all of which are highly useful, and she gets 30 percent charge for each one she uses

She also allows dualcasting of summons which can be hyper useful

WeedLordVegeta on
  • Options
    I think that the cooldown on her skills is just a tiny bit too long to make her generally useful, but she's a pretty neat character nonetheless.

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    So. Super Robot Wars V Spoilers. The MC gets to choose between two upgrade mechs eventually. Below is all their attacks.

Which one is a better design and more awesome? Former is Power, later is Speed.

Second one is better, not even close. Only thing the first one had going was that laser soccer ball thing.

Also Iiiiii sort of forgot about the SRW series (and spin-offs) female characters and the camera work associated with them. Whoops. Gotta get them otaku dollars for niche stuff like this I suppose.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    it's not an srw game without the tity

the endless frontier games were even hornier

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    They really, really were. I think I had blocked it from my memory.

X22wmuF.jpg
This discussion has been closed.