Options

Nier Auto[chat]a

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    Sleep wrote: »
    kedinik wrote: »
    Yesterday a therapist suggested that I could try going to a men's divorce support group

"I, uh... look I'm sorry but why would that even be gendered? That seems kinda dumb."

"Ah! Well. Lots of people who are getting divorced, they often become unreasonably angry when they interact with someone the same gender as their ex-spouse. So gender segregation is usually the least risky way to organize a support group."

So like that group's gotta be like an MRA soft pitch right?

Yeah, clearly part of it is affording men a space where they feel comfortable saying ridiculous shit about women

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    hey pregnant girl is back!

Tempted to reply she is super pregnant with triplets.

Yeah it's really hard to not respond to that string of "No."s with a "Yes." But I'll refrain.

*reads seventeen Nos*

*reads one Yes*

I knew it!

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Feral wrote: »
    Crossposted from stupid arguments thread because Echo in particular will appreciate this:
    mrondeau wrote: »
    Pfff. The Culture would pacify both in a few days and probably without even having to inflict casualties.
    Granted, in the case of the Federation, Contact would probably just give a series of lectures on how the prime directive is bad before trying to convince the Federation to join up.

The Culture would just peacefully assimilate the entire Federation because it's the Federation without the dogmatic hangups or prudishness

With the empire they'd just chip it apart piece by piece as planetary systems were like "hey we'd like to join" and they fell under the umbrella of protection (they wouldn't have to fight the empire since their technology is magic to even star wars' magic technology)

I think Star Trek missed out by never having the Federation encounter another version of itself that was more benevolent. The closest we came was the Dominion, which is the Federation but evil
    Aioua wrote: »
    Contact with the United Federation of Planets was carried out by GSV We All Know What You're Doing in the Holodecks.

The Federation joined in record time. We All Know... stated afterwards that it had never seen such a delightful collection of degenerates.

Last time on Star Trek the Next Generation: Will Riker visits the sex forests and floating sex clouds of a General Systems Vehicle; gets augmented with a culture manufactured space-dick
    And now the conclusion: "Captain, I'm resigning from Starfleet"

override367 on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Yesterday a therapist suggested that I could try going to a men's divorce support group

"I, uh... look I'm sorry but why would that even be gendered? That seems kinda dumb."

"Ah! Well. Lots of people who are getting divorced, they often become unreasonably angry when they interact with someone the same gender as their ex-spouse. So gender segregation is usually the least risky way to organize a support group."

The group is named Bitches M I Rite Anonymous

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Youtube if I wanted to see a bunch of videos about Theresa May opening fire on Fort Sumter I'd have gone to Trending. Get that out of my face.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »
    sometimes I really just want to go trade in my truck for like a nice van and airbrush the shit out of that summbitch and sell my house and take the profits and just go live off the grid and go to hippie communes and group farms and work odd jobs in coastal cities on piers.

I should do that before I'm 40

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgC-KCGkMPM

Well, the first three minutes of this video perfectly sum up the vast bulk of my negativity about everything and everyone.

I am finding this fascinating. I do miss Colorado as their feels more freedom of movement and freedom from people than it feels here.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    NSDFRandNSDFRand FloridaRegistered User regular

Why is there an immediate assumption that a men's support group is negative simply because it's a men's support group?

• Options
    i should try to be good at something eventually

• Options
    knitdan wrote: »
    To quietly represent my psychic devastation caused by my best friend in the boot camp getting sent home I changed my slack (chat app the school uses) av to my PA av

*pours one out *

what kind of boot camp is this? Like...... military? whuh?

Coding boot camp

Is that code?

for guns?

High intensity programming camp

Like if someone were to lock you in a room with nothing but art supplies and told you to get good

This is what I do to Sims

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Surfpossum wrote: »
    Chat, I've installed Linux (okay, Ubuntu) a few times and helped my old office's one man IT department reimage some computers, that means I'm qualified for basically any IT related job, right.

Oh and most importantly I'm good at googling.

Can you at least describe a problem accurately and remember to include the actual error message when you escalate a problem to the next tier?

Can you execute instructions passed down from a higher tier without ending up with an inside-out sandwich?

Congratulations, you are above average for tier 1 helpdesk. Here's your headset, you start on Monday.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular

Yeah, clearly part of it is affording men a space where they feel comfortable saying ridiculous shit about women

Clearly it is a societal good to spare women that bullshit. Though why they recommended it to you is a mystery.

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    NSDFRand wrote: »

Why is there an immediate assumption that a men's support group is negative simply because it's a men's support group?

because of the high correlation?

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular

pls don't

• Options
    To quietly represent my psychic devastation caused by my best friend in the boot camp getting sent home I changed my slack (chat app the school uses) av to my PA av

*pours one out *

Coding boot camp

Is that code?

for guns?

Like if someone were to lock you in a room with nothing but art supplies and told you to get good

Ah, the good old painting goblin.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    i should try to be good at something eventually

Trying is for losers

wazilla on
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Wait who the hell pulls out 5 minutes before they orgasm. What were they even doing for those 5 minutes?

Trying to convince her that she's not pregnant, probably.

*5 minutes later* OK but can you at least... like, *gestures at crotch* something? Help me out here.

• Options
    edited March 2017

*pours one out *

Coding boot camp

Is that code?

for guns?

the last game I had, I had a sim business owner who sold paintings in his gallery, the basement was full of artists churning out the work endlessly. Once I let them out for a while and he got one of them pregnant, and back downstairs they went. This continued, the paint shop owner obtained immortality from fulfilling aspirations until the artists, and eventually his own children (also artist slaves), died of old age. By then he was rich as a god and no longer needed them

override367 on
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Houn wrote: »
    sometimes I really just want to go trade in my truck for like a nice van and airbrush the shit out of that summbitch and sell my house and take the profits and just go live off the grid and go to hippie communes and group farms and work odd jobs in coastal cities on piers.

I should do that before I'm 40

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgC-KCGkMPM

Well, the first three minutes of this video perfectly sum up the vast bulk of my negativity about everything and everyone.

I am finding this fascinating. I do miss Colorado as their feels more freedom of movement and freedom from people than it feels here.

Agreed on the fascinating. I haven't watched many of this guy's videos in the past, but I really dig his super in-depth examination of whatever topic he's writing on. Also, I am pretty sure I recognize that bit of road from the Oregon Coast at around 10:30.

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    well thanks to doodman I guess now I have a spotify hey violet playlist to listen to on the way home because I'm an 18 year old teenage girl now and I'm going to be famous

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options

You're right, men should just hold it in and never be in groups larger than 2.

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular

We need one more person to respond 'no' and then someone come in with "Galileo Galileo..."
    *reads string of no posts to the tune*

*gets to end, thinks galileo galileo while brain continues with oh mama mia*

*wires cross*

• Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular

Honestly, that's not a bad plan.

sig.gif
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Wait who the hell pulls out 5 minutes before they orgasm. What were they even doing for those 5 minutes?

Trying to convince her that she's not pregnant, probably.

*5 minutes later* OK but can you at least... like, *gestures at crotch* something? Help me out here.

I mean you're not wrong.

Like I imagine she made him stop five minutes early, then jerked him off through the condom after getting dressed first.

It was probably terrible awesome for him.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular

We need one more person to respond 'no' and then someone come in with "Galileo Galileo..."
    *reads string of no posts to the tune*

*gets to end, thinks galileo galileo while brain continues with oh mama mia*

*wires cross*

Figaro

• Options

*pours one out *

Coding boot camp

Is that code?

for guns?

the last game I had, I had a sim business owner who sold paintings in his gallery, the basement was full of artists churning out the work endlessly. Once I let them out for a while and he got one of them pregnant, and back downstairs they went. This continued, the paint shop owner obtained immortality from fulfilling aspirations until the artists, and eventually his own children (also artist slaves) died of old age, but by then he was rich as a god and no longer needed them

My favorite thing about the Sims is how it inevitably turns nasty. Whether you get bored and so you just build a wall around your Sims or build a room designed to be set on fire or build a pool with only a diving board and no ladder out, or you enslave somebody for money, or create someone whose sole purpose is the love slave of your main Sim, we all do something horrible to these poor people. Every one of us.

• Options
    HerrCron wrote: »

Precisely. It's better to be a suicide statistic than it is to risk the danger that a man might let their anger out productively in a group setting.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2017

that is clearly what we are all saying

Vanguard on
  • Options

*pours one out *

Coding boot camp

Is that code?

for guns?

the last game I had, I had a sim business owner who sold paintings in his gallery, the basement was full of artists churning out the work endlessly. Once I let them out for a while and he got one of them pregnant, and back downstairs they went. This continued, the paint shop owner obtained immortality from fulfilling aspirations until the artists, and eventually his own children (also artist slaves) died of old age, but by then he was rich as a god and no longer needed them

My favorite thing about the Sims is how it inevitably turns nasty. Whether you get bored and so you just build a wall around your Sims or build a room designed to be set on fire or build a pool with only a diving board and no ladder out, or you enslave somebody for money, or create someone whose sole purpose is the love slave of your main Sim, we all do something horrible to these poor people. Every one of us.

this is going to get all black mirror one day if AI significantly improves

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular

It was the part about them not being able to reasonably interact with women.

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    No, Roommate, not everyone is into Staind, so stop blaring it please.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular

Cleveland...

• Options
    Vanguard wrote: »

that is clearly what we are all saying

I'm not addressing "you all" I was addressing specific comments, which is why I quoted them.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Ah yes, "fuck men in particular", we were overdo for that comment in chat.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options

It's been a while

since I listened to Staind

• Options
    edited March 2017
    wazilla was warned for this.
    HerrCron wrote: »

Precisely. It's better to be a suicide statistic than it is to risk the danger that a man might let their anger out productively in a group setting.

Holy false dichotomy, Batman.

Although, honestly, I can't imagine anything worse than a group of like 10 cisgender hetero white men

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    Ah yes, "fuck men in particular", we were overdo for that comment in chat.

Like the changing of the seasons.

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    Chat, I've installed Linux (okay, Ubuntu) a few times and helped my old office's one man IT department reimage some computers, that means I'm qualified for basically any IT related job, right.

Oh and most importantly I'm good at googling.

Can you at least describe a problem accurately and remember to include the actual error message when you escalate a problem to the next tier?

Can you execute instructions passed down from a higher tier without ending up with an inside-out sandwich?

Congratulations, you are above average for tier 1 helpdesk. Here's your headset, you start on Monday.
    The resulting sandwich will depend upon whether the instructions being passed down are for an inside-out sandwich and also on who will be eating the sandwich.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    The latest response to am I pregnant in H/A where it is just a bunch of people saying no had me cackling.

I might awesome every no on there.

zepherin on
  • Options
    PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular

The lack of good support groups for men and the previlence of bad support groups for men are directly related.

It is simultaneously true that men in particular need more access to focused quality social and psychological care and that most groups that focus on men exclusively are garbage and reinforce self destructive behaviors.

Two goats enter, one car leaves
This discussion has been closed.