Options

Nier Auto[chat]a

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Sleep wrote: »
    Well shit, didn't think that was going to spiral like that.

ief73d4pw3xi.png

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    guys this spirit of the beehive record reminds me of doing a lot of hallucinogens and listening to totally spaced out music and totally dilates time

2 mushrooms up 5 starsystems perfect 5/7

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    oh shiiiiiiit I haven't heard this track in like 10 yearsssssss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIo8vqgR0AM

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    The hell is going on in here.

Last thing I know we're talking about burning man, I leave for 20min and come back to this shit?

BAD CHAT!

I'm getting the hose!
    We went from burning men to mens rights.

Burning men shouldn't have rights.

Excuse me

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    TTODewback wrote: »
    God I hate retail I feel like my life is draining out of my body and I have 4 more hours left

you work at the place with like handcrafted soap and stuff right?
    go find some artisinal potpourri and take a big whiff of it and let the overwhelming smells reinvigorate your weary soul.

Owner has poor soap taste so it all smells too much and creates a headache-causing perfused air thing over the course of the day :(
    I did go smell some earlier before my day was ruined and it was nice then tho so it's possible that I just hate soap rn because I am mad in general

Remember what the TV told us as children.

DONT GET MAD
    GET GLAD
    BFBw8Alm.jpg

WIMPY WIMPY WIMPY

HEFTY HEFTY HEFTY

GARBAGE BAGS AS MASCULINITY PROXY

I had that ad come on spotify once during sex

Dude_Wipes_30pk_Flushable_Singles_For_Travel_-_1_grande.png

because dudes can't use "baby" wipes, mirite?

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    wazilla wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    NSDFRand wrote: »
    HerrCron wrote: »
    Aioua wrote: »
    kedinik wrote: »
    Yesterday a therapist suggested that I could try going to a men's divorce support group

"I, uh... look I'm sorry but why would that even be gendered? That seems kinda dumb."

"Ah! Well. Lots of people who are getting divorced, they often become unreasonably angry when they interact with someone the same gender as their ex-spouse. So gender segregation is usually the least risky way to organize a support group."

So like that group's gotta be like an MRA soft pitch right?

Why is there an immediate assumption that a men's support group is negative simply because it's a men's support group?

because of the high correlation?

You're right, men should just hold it in and never be in groups larger than 2.

Honestly, that's not a bad plan.

Precisely. It's better to be a suicide statistic than it is to risk the danger that a man might let their anger out productively in a group setting.

Holy false dichotomy, Batman.

Although, honestly, I can't imagine anything worse than a group of like 10 cisgender hetero white men

Replace race and gender and we've got quite a fucking comment here, don't we?

Wow.

Can't imagine anything worse than a group of like, 10 gay jew men.

Can't imagine anything worse than a group of like, 10 lesbian black women.

How the fuck

Man being in control of everything in a country for hundreds of years will fuck a group of people up!

Being an reasonable fuckhead to people you don't know is a shitty fucking attitude. So fuck you.

I mean, of course there are arrangements of 10 of us that wouldn't be terrible but l, like, on average? I dunno man!

Sounds incredibly shitty.

If someone said that about black men you'd call them a racist, and you'd be right.

Your attitude sucks, and picking a certain target that is en vogue for other groups of people is not an excusable methodology.

I don't know that it's stylish or whatever but lots of white men voted to like build a wall and shit! It's weird. I don't want these things but people that are like me do. Most people like me, even.

I don't think "most white men" want a shitty wall. I mean he did lose the popular vote.

I mean, I could be wrong but I hope I'm not.
    Exit poll data found that 52 per cent of white women voted for Mr Trump, compared with 63 per cent of white men. By comparison, 80 per cent of black men voted for Hillary Clinton, who also attracted the support of 93 per cent of black women.
    Fuck I'm wrong we're doomed shut it down
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-elections/who-voted-for-donald-trump-white-men-and-women-most-responsible-for-new-president-elect-voting-data-a7407996.html

We aren't doomed, andI don't find it problematic to voice my opinion that white men in general need to get their shit together
    A lot of women voted for trump too. It's not just a white men thing, it's a white people thing, women need to get their shit together as well.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    The hell is going on in here.

Last thing I know we're talking about burning man, I leave for 20min and come back to this shit?

BAD CHAT!

I'm getting the hose!
    We went from burning men to mens rights.

Burning men shouldn't have rights.

Excuse me

y'heard me, ya lousy burny.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    credeiki wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    credeiki wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    Ah yes, "fuck men in particular", we were overdo for that comment in chat.

I remain not a fan of that sentiment

but it is interesting to figure out why we have such negative reactions to a men's group, whereas for a women's group we'd probably think 'hm, yeah, makes sense, maybe she needs a safe space because she was abused, or like maybe she didn't work or do the finances and now needs help being independent'

...and I don't really like that train of thought either? Yeah, in principle, given the reality that both men and women often feel more comfortable bro'ing out/opening up within gender lines, there's nothing wrong with the concept of gendered support groups.

all very hetero-assuming here of course

Safe spaces should be safe. If someone doesn't feel comfortable venting about things their wife did or didn't do in front of other women, that's 100% understandable to me. Last thing you want is an ex husband or ex wife to denigrate someone's experiences and pain because "you should've just been better" or "maybe you should've done more" which is what happens frequently when there's a mixing of ideologies (or genders in this case).

It's uncomfortable and it's part of the reason men find it difficult to talk to other people about their problems.

Yeah I agree with you.

I don't think it's good to default assume with no evidence that a group of men is sexist or toxic, even jokingly/lightheartedly. It's...not helpful and I feel it's actively unhelpful.

it could be a breeding ground for toxicity, if members of the group bond over their common experiences and negative reinforces negative - but that can be true of almost any support group

it does seem shit to assume a group for divorced men is automatically an MRA recruitment facility

override367 on
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    I kind of want to make out with someone

How can I solve this conundrum without the inevitable transformation into a woman-hating MRA

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    God I hate retail I feel like my life is draining out of my body and I have 4 more hours left

go find some artisinal potpourri and take a big whiff of it and let the overwhelming smells reinvigorate your weary soul.

Owner has poor soap taste so it all smells too much and creates a headache-causing perfused air thing over the course of the day :(
    I did go smell some earlier before my day was ruined and it was nice then tho so it's possible that I just hate soap rn because I am mad in general

DONT GET MAD
    GET GLAD
    BFBw8Alm.jpg

WIMPY WIMPY WIMPY

HEFTY HEFTY HEFTY

The body of a woman

the butthole of a man

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Yesterday a therapist suggested that I could try going to a men's divorce support group

"I, uh... look I'm sorry but why would that even be gendered? That seems kinda dumb."

"Ah! Well. Lots of people who are getting divorced, they often become unreasonably angry when they interact with someone the same gender as their ex-spouse. So gender segregation is usually the least risky way to organize a support group."

Why is there an immediate assumption that a men's support group is negative simply because it's a men's support group?

Precisely. It's better to be a suicide statistic than it is to risk the danger that a man might let their anger out productively in a group setting.

Although, honestly, I can't imagine anything worse than a group of like 10 cisgender hetero white men

Wow.

How the fuck

Man being in control of everything in a country for hundreds of years will fuck a group of people up!

Being an reasonable fuckhead to people you don't know is a shitty fucking attitude. So fuck you.

I mean, of course there are arrangements of 10 of us that wouldn't be terrible but l, like, on average? I dunno man!

If someone said that about black men you'd call them a racist, and you'd be right.

Your attitude sucks, and picking a certain target that is en vogue for other groups of people is not an excusable methodology.

I don't know that it's stylish or whatever but lots of white men voted to like build a wall and shit! It's weird. I don't want these things but people that are like me do. Most people like me, even.

I don't think "most white men" want a shitty wall. I mean he did lose the popular vote.

I mean, I could be wrong but I hope I'm not.
    Exit poll data found that 52 per cent of white women voted for Mr Trump, compared with 63 per cent of white men. By comparison, 80 per cent of black men voted for Hillary Clinton, who also attracted the support of 93 per cent of black women.
    Fuck I'm wrong we're doomed shut it down
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-elections/who-voted-for-donald-trump-white-men-and-women-most-responsible-for-new-president-elect-voting-data-a7407996.html

We aren't doomed, andI don't find it problematic to voice my opinion that white men in general need to get their shit together

But that's a lot of work, can't we just blame everyone else instead?

Now Playing:
    Celeste [Switch] - She'll be wrestling with inner demons when she comes...
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular

Wow.

How the fuck

63% of white men who voted /= all

• Options
    Eddy wrote: »

If you're not more specific this is a recipe for regret

• Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular

Wow.

How the fuck

A lot of white women, too. And a lot of minorities and young people didn't even bother showing up to vote.

Still not an excuse.

But, like, less

I mean, if you want to continue making unreasonably goosey remarks about people according to their race and sexual orientation, have at it.

I suppose you are right in that it is unreasonable shorthand, and I apologize for offending you jrx, it wasn't my intention in continuing this thread of conversation, but as was posted above a strong majority of white males all agree on some troublesome political positions. I'll think more about this topic before continuing it

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    Hakkekage wrote: »

... or great success?

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

How can I solve this conundrum without the inevitable transformation into a woman-hating MRA

Sup cutie

• Options
    PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular

DONT GET MAD
    GET GLAD
    BFBw8Alm.jpg

WIMPY WIMPY WIMPY

HEFTY HEFTY HEFTY

The body of a woman

the butthole of a man

Strong enough for a man

pH balanced for a butthole

Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    if I get married I'm going to force the wedding party to prepare and perform a synchronized tango to the Smash Bros mix of Gerudo Valley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPsrvtzGI5w

Have this played as the guests arrive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLQU1gqdgXA

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular

Make out with a black lesbian?

• Options

... or great success?

let me rephrase

roll d20 on disadvantage. you have to beat an 18 to succeed

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular

Wow.

How the fuck

And a lot of them didn't vote for Trump so much as they voted against Hillary Clinton. Apparently she has a great many detractors.

• Options
    Makeout party at Eddys

• Options

Wow.

How the fuck

Yeah but that's why I said a group of 10!

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    I bet the mod forum looked like Twitch Plays Pokemon thanks the the last few pages, reports just scrolling and scrolling down the screen too fast to be read.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    Bogart wrote: »
    Elki wrote: »
    DISGRACED Cheshire East councillor Brian Silvester has been spared jail but must pay almost £70,000 after admitting putting vulnerable lives at risk at his rented property in Crewe.

@Elki because of course this cunt is a slumlord.

I just think it's awesome how he hung that flag between two garbage cans.

Brexit will be red, white, blue, green, a kind of smear against textured grain, some color between vomit yellow and baby diarrhea neon green.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User, Moderator mod

DONT GET MAD
    GET GLAD
    BFBw8Alm.jpg

WIMPY WIMPY WIMPY

HEFTY HEFTY HEFTY

What are Coo Chee (CUCE) wipes? :O

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Geth, roll 1d20 for making out

making out:
    1d20 14 [1d20=14]

Burnage on
  • Options
    if I get married I'm going to force the wedding party to prepare and perform a synchronized tango to the Smash Bros mix of Gerudo Valley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPsrvtzGI5w

Have this played as the guests arrive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLQU1gqdgXA

I'm gonna have the priest say "If anyone should object to this union, play the Song of Time on your ocarina to return to the First Day"

• Options

Critical Failure you suffocate and die

• Options
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    What are Coo Chee (CUCE) wipes? :O

for keeping your coochie clean, of course

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Breaking it down ultra-simplistically, men, especially white men, have held a position of power and privilege in the various societies and cultures of the world since the dawn of society and culture. They've gotten up to some pretty heinous shit. No one here will disagree with this, I trust.

Some of us who are members of this group but actively attempt to "be better" and treat everyone as equals get tired of modern western culture making us the villains. We acknowledge that men have historically been dicks. We spend a lot of time introspecting and improving ourselves so as not to fall into those same behavioral patterns and assumptions, and we do not want to be judged for our anatomy or skin color any more than the groups our group has historically repressed.

I am certain some people are thinking "tough shit" as they read that last sentence. This is the reality of the situation. For many in society, it's not about equality. It cannot be about equality, because the only way to achieve "equality" is via retribution. The oppressed cannot truly be equal until the former oppressors have been subjugated. There must be punishment before the situation can feel just.

And there is nothing that can, or should, be done about it.

I acknowledge that my view of humanity and power dynamics is fairly pessimistic, but neither do I feel that my assessment is wrong. Human history is the study of conflict, and I don't see any end to this. There will always be tribes that seek to hold their power and subjugate outsiders, and there will always be outsiders seeking to become the new oppressors. This is the way we are.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    geth roll 1d20 for Save vs. Willpower

Save vs. Willpower:
    1d20 1 [1d20=1]

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    yes

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    It seems like I should get a Hulu subscription and watch Legion.

• Options

Critical Failure you suffocate and die

I am reminded of several past relationships

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    I think I would feel better in a makeout party if I were blindfolded, the psychoanalysis of which I don't really want to examine under the hood

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular

Get fucked

• Options

Oh no

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular

Wow.

How the fuck

And a lot of them didn't vote for Trump so much as they voted against Hillary Clinton. Apparently she has a great many detractors.

i mean, most white people aren't even american so your generalisation is waaaay off base

• Options
    Krathoon wrote: »
    It seems like I should get a Hulu subscription and watch Legion.

yooooooo

it's crazyyyyyy

we just started watching. we're on episode 4

DOGGGGGGG

This discussion has been closed.