Options

Clone [Chat]

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    More Dvorak

Seriously, starting at 9 seconds here- doesn't this sound like Rey's theme or am I nuts?

https://open.spotify.com/track/7xYHz1wlQ9ok72d7CuHOAy

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Ghandi, the poser partyboi.
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    @Elldren
    By 25 September, the area occupied by the Lonsdale Force saw heavy fighting against self-propelled guns, flamethrower tanks, and infantry. There were no PIATs available to the force by now; instead Cain armed himself with a two-inch mortar. Mortars are muzzle-loading indirect fire weapons but Cain was forced to fire it on an almost horizontal plane due to the enemy's proximity. His citation states that his leadership ensured that the South Staffordshire gave no ground and drove the enemy off in complete disorder. By the end of the battle, Cain had been reportedly responsible for the destruction or disabling of six tanks, four of which were Tigers, as well as a number of self-propelled guns.

I think when you see a Major hip firing a mortar at tanks then you are officially having a bad day.

Holy shit.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Joan of Arc, the moody goth.
    Someone needs to post Ghandi eating the muffler

Flip the pool!

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    Kruite wrote: »
    Vegans don't eat honey? What the hell is wrong honey?! The lil bee buggers won't miss it

same thing as like milk

no animal products

Milk is easier to identify with relateable animal suffering

With bees, it's harder to identify suffering and I feel that the more persuasive arguments are environmental/ecological or maybe rights-based.

• Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    This dude I have had on who is streaming Stellaris just had the Unbidden appear in his space and is completely unprepared for them.

When they show up early because some idiot got greedy it can really mess up your game. I do like that it can become an epic galactic war though.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    This dude I have had on who is streaming Stellaris just had the Unbidden appear in his space and is completely unprepared for them.

When they show up early because some idiot got greedy it can really mess up your game. I do like that it can become an epic galactic war though.

They dug too deep?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    @Elldren
    By 25 September, the area occupied by the Lonsdale Force saw heavy fighting against self-propelled guns, flamethrower tanks, and infantry. There were no PIATs available to the force by now; instead Cain armed himself with a two-inch mortar. Mortars are muzzle-loading indirect fire weapons but Cain was forced to fire it on an almost horizontal plane due to the enemy's proximity. His citation states that his leadership ensured that the South Staffordshire gave no ground and drove the enemy off in complete disorder. By the end of the battle, Cain had been reportedly responsible for the destruction or disabling of six tanks, four of which were Tigers, as well as a number of self-propelled guns.

I think when you see a Major hip firing a mortar at tanks then you are officially having a bad day.

Holy shit.

That was after this:
    On the afternoon of Thursday 21st two tanks approached Cain's position. Guided by a colleague in a building above him, Cain waited in a trench until the first tank—actually a StuG III self-propelled gun (SPG)—was close enough to engage. The SPG fired at the building, killing Cain's colleague and showering him with masonry but despite this, Cain kept his position. Staff Sergeant Richard Long of the Glider Pilot Regiment remembered that through the clouds of dust, Cain fired round after round from his PIAT until the SPG was disabled, but whilst engaging the second tank a round exploded in the PIAT with a bright flash and Cain was thrown backwards. Cain recalled thinking he was blind and "shouting like a hooligan. I shouted to somebody to get onto the PIAT because there was another tank behind. I blubbered and yelled and used some very colourful language. They dragged me off to the aid post."

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    (The whole anti gluten fad drives me a bit crazy. In my opinion there are legit environmental, ethical, and health reasons to avoid animal products. There are no reasons to avoid gluten! Gluten is fine! Unless you are in the small minority of people who do legit have to avoid it for medical reasons.)

(And also, perhaps I am biased, but I think you can make vegan baked goods that are delicious that you cannot tell are vegan, but you cannot do the same with gluten free. There is another vegan bakery in town that is also gluten free and their stuff is...not terrible, but it definitely tastes like weird diet food. Meanwhile this Viking place's donuts are p amazing)

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular

Yeah, he has been in a huge galatic spanning war with the opposing evil federation of slavers for a bit. Bad luck of it showing up near his capital at one of his huge energy planets. He is at the 25k fleet level, if he maxed his fleet capacity he would be around 60k I think.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    The outlets on the bus do not work of course

As a seasoned traveler I got off the bus to walk onto the first ferry to be guaranteed an outlet here

I mean I always walk on board if there's time because those are the only two opportunities to smoke if it's not stopping in Haugesund but

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    So hard to search for good wireless access points when results gets filled with wifi repeaters.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    http://www.slate.com/articles/life/food/2008/07/the_great_vegan_honey_debate.html
    You'll never find a self-respecting vegan downing a glass of milk or munching on a slice of buttered toast. But the modern adherent may be a little more accommodating when it comes to the dairy of the insect world: He may have relaxed his principles enough to enjoy a spoonful of honey.

There is no more contentious question in the world of veganism than the one posed by honey. A fierce doctrinal debate over its status has raged for decades; it turns up on almost every community FAQ and remains so ubiquitous and unresolved that radio host Rachel Maddow proposed to ask celebrity vegan Dennis Kucinich about it during last year's CNN/YouTube presidential debate. Does honey qualify as a forbidden animal product since it's made by bees? Or is it OK since the bees don't seem too put out by making it?

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    I think that guy was the Manxman who ended up being Jeremy Clarkson's father in law. He did a documentary about VC winners a while ago and went through Cain's story in some detail.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    The outlets on the bus do not work of course

As a seasoned traveler I got off the bus to walk onto the first ferry to be guaranteed an outlet here

I mean I always walk on board if there's time because those are the only two opportunities to smoke if it's not stopping in Haugesund but

the outlets on the bus do not work

do not work

do not work

the outlets on the bus do not work

all through the town

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    No power because it doesn't​ work and no wifi because it never works

For the nice sum of 500 kroner

Grumble grumble

And also the bus is full which is worse.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    I had Shrimp Diane last night at my parents for Easter dinner and now it's like an inverted oil well fire every time I poop.

Curse you Paul Prudhomme

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    So hard to search for good wireless access points when results gets filled with wifi repeaters.

Pretty much any wifi router can be used as an access point, as can many repeaters.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options

Yeah, he has been in a huge galatic spanning war with the opposing evil federation of slavers for a bit. Bad luck of it showing up near his capital at one of his huge energy planets. He is at the 25k fleet level, if he maxed his fleet capacity he would be around 60k I think.

Yeah, they popped up right beside my main cluster of core worlds and attacked me almost exclusively. I was running 50k fleets but all theirs were 60ish, so it was rough going and I only started winning after I made battleship-only fleets with giga cannons and kinetic batteries to shred them before they close.

If the federation hadn't shown up to attack the portal, I would never have had enough breathing room to destroy the anchors.

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    This poll has no Neco option so I will not vote

• Options
    edited April 2017
    @BronzeKoopa This might work for you.

https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-TL-WA901ND-Wireless-450Mbps-Repeater/dp/B002YETVXC/

It's listed as a repeater but you can plug a cable into it and use it as an access point.

Feral on

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2017
    JFK, the preppy jock.
    I mean sure, some vegans do eat honey

'no animal products' is what I'd suggest if you need to feed/gift something to a vegan and you haven't quizzed them on their philosophy

like, shit, I wouldn't give a vegan jewelry made out of shells
    I don't even know if that's a thing or not but I bet there's someone out there who cares

Aioua on
    life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular

Yeah, they popped up right beside my main cluster of core worlds and attacked me almost exclusively. I was running 50k fleets but all theirs were 60ish, so it was rough going and I only started winning after I made battleship-only fleets with giga cannons and kinetic batteries to shred them before they close.

If the federation hadn't shown up to attack the portal, I would never have had enough breathing room to destroy the anchors.

The one time they showed up in my game I was sporting 80k fleets and had taken out a FE. So I made short work of them.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    today, in the joy of job search:
    The Data Science Process & Solution Analyst will join a Knowledgeable, High Performant Team of Thought Leaders who take Pride in the Consistent Delivery of High Quality Work and who Collaborate effectively with our business stakeholders, are Continuously Discontent with the status quo and operate in a model that provides Flexibility and Agility to deliverables while ensuring Trust and Accountability with our partners…all while having fun.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    Frances Cain was unaware of her father's VC until after he died because, according to Clarkson, "he'd never thought to mention it".

• Options
    JFK, the preppy jock.
    Neco wrote: »
    This poll has no Neco option so I will not vote

this is so joan

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
  • Options

'no animal products' is what I'd suggest if you need to feed/gift something to a vegan and you haven't quizzed them on their philosophy

I don't even know if that's a thing or not but I bet there someone out there who cares

I just endlessly mock them until they stop being my friend.

ezpz

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Abe, the lovable everyman.
    @Aioua I was that giraffe

• Options
    JFK, the preppy jock.
    bowen wrote: »

I don't even know if that's a thing or not but I bet there someone out there who cares

I just endlessly mock them until they stop being my friend.

ezpz

you're fired

• Options
    today, in the joy of job search:
    The Data Science Process & Solution Analyst will join a Knowledgeable, High Performant Team of Thought Leaders who take Pride in the Consistent Delivery of High Quality Work and who Collaborate effectively with our business stakeholders, are Continuously Discontent with the status quo and operate in a model that provides Flexibility and Agility to deliverables while ensuring Trust and Accountability with our partners…all while having fun.

On your First Day you shall be transported back to the 17th Century where the Rules of Capitalization were more Liberal than they are Today.

• Options
    They've stopped advertising the free wifi

Because it was like well yes, technically, there is a wifi network to connect to, and there was also a hypothetical internet connection

But once in a nearly empty bus we passed through two municipalities in the time it took to load half an article (at which point it froze)

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Feral wrote: »
    http://www.slate.com/articles/life/food/2008/07/the_great_vegan_honey_debate.html
    You'll never find a self-respecting vegan downing a glass of milk or munching on a slice of buttered toast. But the modern adherent may be a little more accommodating when it comes to the dairy of the insect world: He may have relaxed his principles enough to enjoy a spoonful of honey.

There is no more contentious question in the world of veganism than the one posed by honey. A fierce doctrinal debate over its status has raged for decades; it turns up on almost every community FAQ and remains so ubiquitous and unresolved that radio host Rachel Maddow proposed to ask celebrity vegan Dennis Kucinich about it during last year's CNN/YouTube presidential debate. Does honey qualify as a forbidden animal product since it's made by bees? Or is it OK since the bees don't seem too put out by making it?

The issue as I've heard it is that dozens of bees are crushed and killed whenever you harvest, no matter how careful you are, so it's still harming animals.

That and the fact that bees are badly exploited and shipped around to pollenate though that's a separate issue maybe

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular

Tinkles, set phaser to kill.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    I enjoy plant AND animal foods.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    wandering wrote: »
    Haha, the FAQ page for my local Viking-themed vegan bakery:
    Q: Do you do gluten free?
    A: No

Q: Do you offer organic?

Q: How about now? Gluten free?
    A: Still no

Q: Do you use artificial pigment?
    A: Only by request

Q: Do you offer sugar free?

Q: Do you offer grain free/paleo?

Q: Do you do vegan items?
    A: All of our products are free of dairy, egg, honey, and other animal products. We also strive to make veganism approachable to all by utilizing “accidentally vegan” ingredients like Oreos and Fruity Pebbles. You can read more about accidentally vegan products here: http://www.peta.org/living/food/accidentally-vegan/. Because of this, some of our products will contain foods processed on shared equipment and will contain traces of common allergens. If you have any allergen concerns, please contact us.

Q: Have you tried making gluten free?
    A: Yep. It’s not what we do. We do not offer gluten free

Q: Are your doughnuts gluten free?
    A: No. See above.

Q: Can I special order gluten free?
    A: No.
    :heartbeat:

There seems to be a common theme here.

Is it that they're dicks?

Now Playing:
    Celeste [Switch] - She'll be wrestling with inner demons when she comes...
  • Options
    JeanJean Heartbroken papa bear Gatineau, QuébecRegistered User regular
    Last week of semester!

i'm getting annoyed at my teammates. They are nice people but definitively not the most efficient. I had to correct most of the work they did.. quite frankly, it would had been less effort and less frustration to do the project alone, doing it right the first time.

At least I am satisfied with the result now. Doing this project is also preparing me for the exam.

"You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
  • Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »

Pretty much any wifi router can be used as an access point, as can many repeaters.

Currently I have an old wireless-g router that I converted to an access point, I want to replace it with something with updated stuff like dual-band AC speeds.

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular

I actually had tremendous success with fleets completely without battleships. I had stacks of 1:2:4 cruisers:destroyers:corvettes with energy torps to clear shields and plasma throwers to eat hull through armor. I was eating 50K fleets with my 30-35K fleets (of which I was fielding like 4)

• Options
    I enjoy plant AND animal foods.

You're not supposed to eat fertilizer, AH.

• Options
    HerrCron wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    wandering wrote: »
    Haha, the FAQ page for my local Viking-themed vegan bakery:
    Q: Do you do gluten free?

Q: Do you offer organic?

Q: How about now? Gluten free?
    A: Still no

Q: Do you use artificial pigment?
    A: Only by request

Q: Do you offer sugar free?

Q: Do you offer grain free/paleo?

Q: Do you do vegan items?
    A: All of our products are free of dairy, egg, honey, and other animal products. We also strive to make veganism approachable to all by utilizing “accidentally vegan” ingredients like Oreos and Fruity Pebbles. You can read more about accidentally vegan products here: http://www.peta.org/living/food/accidentally-vegan/. Because of this, some of our products will contain foods processed on shared equipment and will contain traces of common allergens. If you have any allergen concerns, please contact us.

Q: Have you tried making gluten free?
    A: Yep. It’s not what we do. We do not offer gluten free

Q: Are your doughnuts gluten free?
    A: No. See above.

Q: Can I special order gluten free?
    A: No.
    :heartbeat:

There seems to be a common theme here.

Is it that they're dicks?

Yes, people who aggressively repeatedly ask for gluten-free options from a bakery are dicks.

• Options
    JFK, the preppy jock.
    what happens if you're a vegan but you live on that one planet from Speaker for the Dead

This discussion has been closed.