• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Bury me in anime-trash gachas

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    let me tell you about a game that has six star units with a .5% gacha rate

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Instead we can talk about how Fate/Grand Order is getting an English release this summer!

Hope you like your 1 percent gacha rates for 5 stars!

I am still plugging away at FFBE

So apparently I do

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    Bury me in anime-trash gachas

Just figure out how to live in an app store and your wish can be granted.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    I really just want Zhuge Liang because for some reason it's just grown up Waver Velvet?

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    For real though it's cool it's coming over because it means it could open the door for some of the other big gachas to comes out west*

Do we know if it's simultaneous or if it'll be on a delay from jp like most gachas

*except granblue obviously

• Options
    edited April 2017
    For real though it's cool it's coming over because it means it could open the door for some of the other big gachas to comes out west*

Do we know if it's simultaneous or if it'll be on a delay from jp like most gachas

It'll be on a delay because they want the English audience to experience it the same way the JP players did, is the reasoning

Quality of life improvements will reportedly be in from day one, however, so it's just a content delay

Maddoc on
  • Options
    Instead we can talk about how Fate/Grand Order is getting an English release this summer!

So apparently I do

be is one of the ones I rotate in regularly

My permanent staples are granblue and super sentai legend wars

Currently also have ensemble stars, kamen rider battle rush and ffrk installed

• Options

So apparently I do

God, FFBE used to be so much worse, too

Cuz at first that was just a 1% rate for a 5* crystal, not a 5* unit

So you could see that rainbow and get excited only to be rewarded with a 3* unit that was just fully awakened.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options

It'll be on a delay because they want the English audience to experience it the same way the JP players did, is the reasoning

Quality of life improvements will reportedly be in from day one, however, so it's just a content delay

That seems sensible

It couldn't work with granblue though because of the licensing stuff: at some point they wouldn't be able to license something and there'd just be a gap in the game

Which can't really happen

• Options
    Honestly, I would have dropped BE long ago if a) Rikku wasn't an S-tier character in JP and b) it didn't have a friend system that can carry you.

But since I can just save up stupid amounts of tickets and get carried by whales, I can just wait for the best moments to draw for a power boost.

The Trust Mastery system is super dumb, though, and is only a reasonable investment of time if you can set up a macro on an emulator.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Localization seems a little wonky though because apparently they have to pass all the names by the Japanese team

So Artoria ended up as Altria?

They've also confirmed that it'll be Japanese voices with subtitles in the English release.

They also did something kind of interesting and acknowledged how many English players are playing the JP version, saying that version transfers wouldn't be possible, but that there wouldn't be any sorts of bans going out to US and Canadian IPs on the JP version.

• Options
    Honestly, I would have dropped BE long ago if a) Rikku wasn't an S-tier character in JP and b) it didn't have a friend system that can carry you.

But since I can just save up stupid amounts of tickets and get carried by whales, I can just wait for the best moments to draw for a power boost.

The Trust Mastery system is super dumb, though, and is only a reasonable investment of time if you can set up a macro on an emulator.

Like many gacha systems it's a cute idea carried to a tedious exploitative extreme

• Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Who do I write to to tell them about my idea for a slot machine hero collector featuring heroes that are all bird themed? A Gatchaman Gachapon?

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I know it's just linguistic happenstance but I really like that gacha sounds like the english word "gotcha" ie. "haha I tricked you". It's the perfect onomatopoeia. Being tricked into endlessly turning a crank.

• Options
    I really just want Zhuge Liang because for some reason it's just grown up Waver Velvet?

I actually looked this up on the Type-Moon wiki cuz I couldn't figure out how the hell that worked.

And then I asked my best friend who loves the Nasuverse because reading the wiki just made me confused in a different way.

I'm still not sure I understand it.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options

I actually looked this up on the Type-Moon wiki cuz I couldn't figure out how the hell that worked.

And then I asked my best friend who loves the Nasuverse because reading the wiki just made me confused in a different way.

I mean, heroic spirits are weird, I guess?

But also Waver Velvet is rad

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Localization seems a little wonky though because apparently they have to pass all the names by the Japanese team

So Artoria ended up as Altria?

They've also confirmed that it'll be Japanese voices with subtitles in the English release.

They also did something kind of interesting and acknowledged how many English players are playing the JP version, saying that version transfers wouldn't be possible, but that there wouldn't be any sorts of bans going out to US and Canadian IPs on the JP version.

...They mangled the name of the main character? That's been localized multiple times already?

How?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options

I mean, heroic spirits are weird, I guess?

But also Waver Velvet is rad

Yeah, Waver is great, and his bromance with Iskandar is the greatest.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    I'm always vaguely interested in type moon stuff but every big fate fan I know of is the kinda anime dork I want to avoid at all costs

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    If gacha games weren't FTP I'd probably like a few of them a bunch.

But I always start them and enjoy them until I hit the grind and then go do something that respects my time more.

Give me like a Puzzle and Dragons Z for Granblue or something.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Every big fate fan I have ever known is the kinda dude who complains about missing vagina bones

• Options
    I'm always vaguely interested in type moon stuff but every big fate fan I know of is the kinda anime dork I want to avoid at all costs

I'm very much a casual Type Moon guy

There's plenty of stuff I dig about it, but also just as much I avoid because it can get pretty dumb

I watched one episode of the magical girl AU

Never again

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Every big fate fan I have ever known is the kinda dude who complains about missing vagina bones

YEP that sounds about right.

I too am a Type Moon mark but don't really kick it around for the same reasons.

• Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    Why is there no SMT gacha game? You'd think it would be good for it because of all the demons.

• Options
    turtleant wrote: »
    If gacha games weren't FTP I'd probably like a few of them a bunch.

But I always start them and enjoy them until I hit the grind and then go do something that respects my time more.

Give me like a Puzzle and Dragons Z for Granblue or something.

See I wanted to like padz but couldn't find it compelling at all

The long term draw of gacha games isn't the f2p stuff: that's the way they get bursts of population

The constant cycle of events and addition of new content to shake up the meta is what makes them interesting, I found a static version of that to be very dry

• Options
    So another bit is that while the 5* rate is 1%

The 4% rate is also only 3%

Because so much of the gacha table is taken up by "Craft Essence", which is basically equipment

• Options
    I generally love the non-fucking parts of Type Moon's characters and world building, and their weird metaphysical concepts

• Options
    So another bit is that while the 5* rate is 1%

The 4% rate is also only 3%

Because so much of the gacha table is taken up by "Craft Essence", which is basically equipment

I have very little time for that, and generally don't like gachas that use equipment in their gachas period

I just want new kids

• Options
    edited April 2017
    I still look forward to drawing new characters in Granblue even though realistically speaking I could never draw another character and be totally fine

(I'm also up to 165 draws saved up out of 300)

Maddoc on
  • Options
    Thetheroo wrote: »
    Why is there no SMT gacha game? You'd think it would be good for it because of all the demons.

To make a guess: that's a game that would be loaded off on sega's burgeoning mobile division and subsidiaries, most of whom are occupied

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    i got a fully kitted out OK and TGCid from the ffrk event, its good

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    Considering their troubled history with consoles it's hard to overstate how well Sega has done in the mobile space

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    I only have time for Brave Exvius, FFRK and PAD, with the latter two getting considerably smaller cuts as time goes on. I play GBF every couple of months and then take time off again. I also keep a game called Blazing Odyssey on my phone, but I only collect the login bonuses and pull when I can because the game's art style is pretty cool. It also seems to have no global community despite my searching so I have no idea if anyone I pull is any good or if the game has different roles per character or how to play.

• Options
    Thetheroo wrote: »

I think most people are more willing to pay for waifus than penis chariots. maybe not people here, but elsewhere

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I can't really get into Gacha cause I have yet to play one with gameplay I liked...

Hmmm except for that one Mistwalker game I guess but I lost my original account.

• Options
    When they started introducing new rarity levels and DNA recode shit in Terra Battle is about where I stopped

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Considering their troubled history with consoles it's hard to overstate how well Sega has done in the mobile space

I'm kind of curious what the revenue streams of console/PC/handheld gaming pull in for them as compared to mobile; their mobile division has to be real strong, even with them having some significant hits on other platforms

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Wyborn wrote: »

I'm kind of curious what the revenue streams of console/PC/handheld gaming pull in for them as compared to mobile; their mobile division has to be real strong, even with them having some significant hits on other platforms

I mean

They own the idolm@ster franchise, which had made 10 billion yen as of four years ago and is even bigger now

• Options
    edited April 2017
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    I can't really get into Gacha cause I have yet to play one with gameplay I liked...

Hmmm except for that one Mistwalker game I guess but I lost my original account.

the only gacha game I have stuck with actually has no gameplay, which made it easier to stick with because you don't get bored of the mechanics. long on, let it run, and you're good.

Jars on
This discussion has been closed.