Options

Completely unprepared for [chat]

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Honk wrote: »
    Marvel movies are like fast food, taste good because they're created in a lab to be appealing. But they lack the soul of a good home cooked meal.
    I'm going to have that engraved on my tombstone.

...I could go for a tombstone pizza though, I might pick one up on the way home.

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Ilpala wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Inside Out was okay but has too many weird questions for me to like it. Zootopia is delightful but also hilarious when you think about it. There's a tiny town of tiny animals, how the hell do the police work with that? One rabbit as a cop becomes an all seeing eye of super government oversight because they can literally see the entire town standing in one spot and just crush anyone who dares oppose them.

What does the rodent mafia do when they need to knock over some establishment run by elephants? What weapons do they even take to that fight?

You mean the rodent mafia that had a bunch of gigantic polar bear enforcers?

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    I'm with @Arch

Pixar movies are good

But imo they're never great

Visually, sure. I always enjoy watching but I never come back to them.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Firefly was okay and everyone just needs to let it go and move on.

Firefly's lesson: Don't bother going to the stars it'll all just be filled with rednecks anyway

Somebody in the March for Science Facebook group made and posted a sign with a picture of Serenity and the quote, "I was on the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one."

I was like... yeah... that's not a good message for American politics.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Ilpala wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Inside Out was okay but has too many weird questions for me to like it. Zootopia is delightful but also hilarious when you think about it. There's a tiny town of tiny animals, how the hell do the police work with that? One rabbit as a cop becomes an all seeing eye of super government oversight because they can literally see the entire town standing in one spot and just crush anyone who dares oppose them.

What does the rodent mafia do when they need to knock over some establishment run by elephants? What weapons do they even take to that fight?

They hire some elephants to beat up those elephants.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    I think Dr. Strange is the worst Marvel film

Iron Man 2 was bad but it was more interesting even as it was bad

Dr Strange was just so boring and rote. The best part of the film was the stinger after the credits.

dammit em

did you like dr strange you fkin deviant

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    Iron Man 3 IS the best Iron Man

Iron Man 3 is the second or third worst Marvel film.

yo, it is easily the worst marvel film. the plot is a mess, it came right after the avengers but it was not the avengers, and is like afraid to reference the avengers in all but the most oblique ways. it handling of ptsd is stupid.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    And also I have watched the OT, right before Force Awakens and that shit still holds up. It's amazing.

To compare, go watch Star Crash or whatever on the new MST3k

Holy shit that's a bad movie. That guy has magic powers! And that woman loses more clothing in each scene! And there's a robot..with a southern accent!

Also new MST3k is really good.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Pony wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    But let me join in.

Rogue One is EASILY the worst "Star Wars" film.
    What is this, hot take Thursday?

it's not that hot a take

rogue one is a rote series of events that banks almost entirely on structure and imagery with no characterization and paper thin plot

the prequels are disasters, but at least they fuckin' tried

rogue one farted out the laziest bullshit and slathered it in enough nostalgia to choke patton oswalt and kevin smith if they were mouth-to-mouthing a double-ender

i don't hate rogue one

but "i felt cold and emotionless" accurately describes what watching it made me feel
    hahahaha okay Pony, whatever you say. I guess George Lucas sitting in an armchair all day when filming and being very literal & trite and using the laziest of camera shots was him being a genius.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    It's not the worst film with Star Wars in the title but it's the worst "Star Wars" film. I stand unmoved
    I don't even understand what this means

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    I have no allies here. Some of you don't like zootopia and some of you don't like iron man 3 and you're not always the same people.

but allies can have differences...

ludious, it takes all kinds

You don't like the original Star Wars trilogy. What did you think I forgot you agent provocateur

nobody likes the OT. they just pretend to like it because of nerd pressure or because they can't bear to let go of what they liked as children, wrapped in their own nostalgia like a kitten in yarn

in fact i believe nobody has even watched the OT in over ten years, they've just pretended to

back when we started dating porp made me watch the OT cuz id never seen it

I remember finding the story interesting but thinking a lot of the acting and dialogue being p cringey bad

I haven't gone back and re-watched it since, but that's true of just about every movie that isn't Houseguest or Uncle Buck or one of porp's rom-coms she loves (Enchanted, literally any Sandra Bullock Movie, Bridget Jones)
    :whistle:
    That's how you knooooooow.... he loves you...

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Jesus y'all are going full on m'lady about Star Wars up in here why not take a minute and blow some vape clouds before you get nasty.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    The MCU movies are sameish sure. But compare it to the Fantastic 4 and DC offerings and you can see how good we have it. Even the worst Marvel movie is watchable. Suicide Squad on the other hand..

• Options
    i think inside out was a beautiful little film

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    I find Ludious' opinions on Rogue One to be more upsetting than his opinions about a person refusing to give up their life saving magic blood.

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    As long as you're not first in line, you stand a really good chance of beating me.

I don't care. Line up. All of you. Except SIG, I guess.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular

Dr Strange was just so boring and rote. The best part of the film was the stinger after the credits.

dammit em

It might be my favorite or second favorite of the MCU.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    I'm with Arch

Pixar movies are good

Point of Order.

Toy Story was great.

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    But let me join in.

it's not that hot a take

rogue one is a rote series of events that banks almost entirely on structure and imagery with no characterization and paper thin plot

rogue one farted out the laziest bullshit and slathered it in enough nostalgia to choke patton oswalt and kevin smith if they were mouth-to-mouthing a double-ender

i don't hate rogue one

but "i felt cold and emotionless" accurately describes what watching it made me feel
    hahahaha okay Pony, whatever you say. I guess George Lucas sitting in an armchair all day when filming and being very literal & trite and using the laziest of camera shots was him being a genius.

broseph if you can't handle us talkin bullshit in chat without being like this

you know what, i'm just gonna stop engaging you

this is the second time today and i'm kinda done

• Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    Oh are we arguing about Rogue One again

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    I'm with Arch

Pixar movies are good

i disagree. Toy Story, Toy Story 3, The Incredibles, Finding Nemo, Monsters Inc and Up are all great movies

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    It's not the worst film with Star Wars in the title but it's the worst "Star Wars" film. I stand unmoved
    If they put the Star Wars name in front of Schindler's List would that be a good "Star Wars" movie?

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Jesus y'all are going full on m'lady about Star Wars up in here why not take a minute and blow some vape clouds before you get nasty.

You're about to blow some vape clouds due to all the spicy Jamaican food you ate.

*finger snaps*

• Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    If you strike the prequel trilogy from the record, I could entertain a conversation about Rogue One being worse of a Star Wars than the OT. Otherwise I cant even

• Options
    Rogue One lacking characterization is a complaint I have heard and completely don't understand. And the plot seemed entirely solid and actually explained away a long standing nerd dumb thing
    Why does the death star have a stupidly exploitable weakness? Because the designer put it there on purpose!
    and it's amazing and ahhhhhhhhhhhh I can't take the hot takes anymore

• Options
    prozd is genuinely fucking hilarious and has excellent comedic timing

• Options
    Iron Man 3 IS the best Iron Man

Iron Man 3 is the second or third worst Marvel film.

yo, it is easily the worst marvel film. the plot is a mess, it came right after the avengers but it was not the avengers, and is like afraid to reference the avengers in all but the most oblique ways. it handling of ptsd is stupid.

"afraid to reference the Avengers" in the same sentence as critiquing its handling of PTSD where Stark is literally having flashbacks to the events of The Avengers is a creative criticism

• Options

dammit em

It might be my favorite or second favorite of the MCU.

i swear to god you get weirder every month.

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    I have no allies here. Some of you don't like zootopia and some of you don't like iron man 3 and you're not always the same people.

but allies can have differences...

ludious, it takes all kinds

You don't like the original Star Wars trilogy. What did you think I forgot you agent provocateur

nobody likes the OT. they just pretend to like it because of nerd pressure or because they can't bear to let go of what they liked as children, wrapped in their own nostalgia like a kitten in yarn

in fact i believe nobody has even watched the OT in over ten years, they've just pretended to

back when we started dating porp made me watch the OT cuz id never seen it

I remember finding the story interesting but thinking a lot of the acting and dialogue being p cringey bad

I haven't gone back and re-watched it since, but that's true of just about every movie that isn't Houseguest or Uncle Buck or one of porp's rom-coms she loves (Enchanted, literally any Sandra Bullock Movie, Bridget Jones)
    That's how you knooooooow.... he loves you...

i randomly sing that song at porp all the time

how does she know that you love her
    how does she know that you need her

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular

You're about to blow some vape clouds due to all the spicy Jamaican food you ate.

*finger snaps*

No I'm about to blow e-liquid.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    If they put the Star Wars name in front of Schindler's List would that be a good "Star Wars" movie?

I dunno, is the fucking death star in it

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular

The best.

If they gave it the Star Wars aesthetics, even better.

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    I'm with Arch

Pixar movies are good

i disagree. Toy Story, Toy Story 3, The Incredibles, Finding Nemo, Monsters Inc and Up are all great movies

Those are all the ones I went back to watch a second time.

And my reaction about partway through was always "why am I watching this?"

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    But let me join in.

it's not that hot a take

i don't hate rogue one

I dunno, I really wasn't expecting the ending
    either everyone to die or the film to literally run into the beginning of episode 4

I won't really give the prequels much credit for trying either because I feel like Lucas wasn't really trying, I don't get any passion or caring from those train wrecks like I do for something like Jupiter Ascending - where I feel the Wachowskis legitimately were trying to do something interesting even if it was a complete mess

but I can see why you wouldn't like Rogue One, even if it does work for me

override367 on
  • Options
    Rogue One was pretty bad. I liked the robot. I felt nothing about the rest of the film, which was rushed and earned none of the pathos it tried to exploit in its ending. I almost agree with Ludious but the prequel trilogy is pretty hilariously bad

• Options
    My internal narration was like " - wait I'd buy that"

And then they went there

Yup

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    rogue one sucked real fuckin bad

• Options
    there are marvel properties that are afraid to reference each other

basically all of the Netflix shows are like this, with Jessica Jones derpily referring to the Avengers by weird names that you would hear in a Pepsi commercial about "the other guys"

but the iron man films are deffo not one of them

This discussion has been closed.