Options

[E3] 2017 Thread - All Done Till Next Year

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    And now Mario Odyssey next, probably again an area not on the show floor. This is mirroring the Zelda show from last year.

Mario Rabbids Kingdom Battle is looking great system-wise, even if I'm not jazzed about Rabbids. Skill trees with significant choices to make, weapons to buy, interesting strategy in the battles.

And Ubisoft went all out with the animation and charm. They took this opportunity at a partnership seriously.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    According to this, Dragon Quest 11 was confirmed for a Western release?

https://www.koi-nya.net/2017/06/13/e3-2017-sony-confirma-la-localizacion-dragon-quest-xi/

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    KiTA wrote: »
    According to this, Dragon Quest 11 was confirmed for a Western release?

https://www.koi-nya.net/2017/06/13/e3-2017-sony-confirma-la-localizacion-dragon-quest-xi/

That's like non-news sorta news.

Technically they hadn't said it but no one had any doubts about it.

The question is when.

Which is the part I was hoping to get at e3.

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Mario Odyssey has a character called Jaxi. jacksie is a British slang for a persons arse. and they keep talking about Jaxi. every other word right now is basically 'arse' to my ears.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Also no, it's been confirmed that it doesn't say that.

Link to the actual press release:

https://www.sie.com/en/corporate/release/2017/170613.html

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    Mario Odyssey has a character called Jaxi. jacksie is a British slang for a persons arse. and they keep talking about Jaxi. every other word right now is basically 'arse' to my ears.

You British are so weird with your slang.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    What if Mario is just some other entity that the hat possessed a long time ago

The webcomic Demon.

But with Mario.

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    ok the 3DS Mii RPG thing has a move called 'Butt Jab'. Nintendo are just fucking trolling at this point.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    And now Mario Odyssey next, probably again an area not on the show floor. This is mirroring the Zelda show from last year.

Mario Rabbids Kingdom Battle is looking great system-wise, even if I'm not jazzed about Rabbids. Skill trees with significant choices to make, weapons to buy, interesting strategy in the battles.

And Ubisoft went all out with the animation and charm. They took this opportunity at a partnership seriously.

I mean, you don't often get a chance to play around with the most iconic video game characters in existence, and I imagine it would behoove you not to fuck it up if you want to have another go.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    new 3ds game reveal apparently approaching

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »

"Metroid!"

"Wait, what do you mean we already announced that?"

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    "All these games are coming to PlayStation!"

• Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    "I've been dead the whole time!"

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    action puzzle sushi striker

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    I can honestly say I did not anticipate this, so gj calling that, Nintendo.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    I'm kinda wishing they hadn't teased that so I wouldn't get hyped up for nothing...

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    The main takeaway is that Nintendo is getting really good at deciding what to include in their E3 shows and what to cut.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »

I mean, you don't often get a chance to play around with the most iconic video game characters in existence, and I imagine it would behoove you not to fuck it up if you want to have another go.

*cough* OTHER M *cough*

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    I'm kinda wishing they hadn't teased that so I wouldn't get hyped up for nothing...

additonal tease for mother from the arms announcer biff

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Miitopia looks pretty fun. Whoa, there's a demo later today.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »

*cough* OTHER M *cough*

Heh, Metroid is weird because of how unpopular the series is in Japan. I still don't think Nintendo proper knows why it's liked globally because of that. Other M reviewed really well in Japanese outlets iirc.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    BlueBlue wrote: »

additonal tease for mother from the arms announcer biff

I'm glad I'm not the only one who caught that.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    The whole locking abilities thing in Other M was also weird.

• Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    The director of Kong is interviewing Kojima right now at the E3 Coliseum. About movies. Don't get caught in the hype, but check it out if it interests you.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular

"Metroid!"

Henry Hatsworth sequel!

If we're going to dream.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »

*cough* OTHER M *cough*

Heh, Metroid is weird because of how unpopular the series is in Japan. I still don't think Nintendo proper knows why it's liked globally because of that. Other M reviewed really well in Japanese outlets iirc.

My cynical side would lean towards the chauvinistic storyline polling better with Japan's Otaku, but the fact that it also still got 8s and 9s with the big western reviewer establishments points to other things. Most smaller reviewers however hated it, which is an interesting dichotomy.

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    I thought Other M was pretty fun to actually play. I understand why everyone hates the story, especially since it completely contradicts the personality the fandom had created in her silence.

Dirty on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Ignoring the story, I also disliked how Other M played. Going from third person to first person to fire missiles never felt good.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »

"Metroid!"

Henry Hatsworth sequel!

If we're going to dream.

Hmm, if we're going there, how about Boom Blox 2 (3?)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Only 1 new game shown off by Nintendo today. I could've sworn the end of the tourneys would have been the perfect time to show off Smash. Oh well.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    KizmittKizmitt Registered User regular
    Well they still have another day and an unused tourney stage sitting right there..

• Options
    Dr. Phibbs McAtheyDr. Phibbs McAthey Registered User regular
    That's it for Nintendo for the show, right?

• Options
    That's it for Nintendo for the show, right?

They have a livestream tomorrow as well.

• Options
    Dr. Phibbs McAtheyDr. Phibbs McAthey Registered User regular
    Awesome! The list I found didn't have anything for Nintendo on Thursday so I was hoping it was incorrect.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    So... What was the game?

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    So... What was the game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rr_tWiwW42E

Sushi Striker

Which is about as out of left field as it's possible to be.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    Whew, just caught up on yesterday's news and posts because I was too busy (and then tired) to keep up with everything.
    Now it turns out it isn't even PS4 exclusive.

The rumor didn't claim that, it already said they didn't care if it made it to PC.

Except we already know it isn't just PS4/PC, it's also coming to Xbox.

Read.
    vbSyqyK.png

Yeah, and? We're meant to believe Sony "paid big" for a game that's coming out on Xbox, while Capcom were ready to throw handhelds in the trash? That makes no sense to me. I think it makes a lot more sense Capcom just wanted to push Monster Hunter to a worldwide audience, while also planning on bringing back Monster Hunter Portable for Japan on Switch.
    Nosf wrote: »
    MS came out and said "Here's a really big pile of games we're making, some of these are coming out this year!"
    Sony trotted out a lot of the same stuff they showed last year, and it still isn't coming out this year. Plus some other things that we'll get god knows when. Man, why even make another zombie game when you have the cauliflower zombie game? Also, first flickers of big lead arrogance start to show with the refusal to participate in Minecraft cross platform.
    Nintendo, I dunno, they're making more Nintendo games. What do you want?

For me the only real suprise was that Sony didn't throw enough cash at Capcom to get a total exclusive on MH:W. Fuck, I'm astounded that somehow Capcom gleaned that people aside from owners of third rate hardware will play their game!

I feel jaded and indifferent to E3 to be honest.

MH:W is a hail mary for Japan on the PS4. The PS4 is dead in the water in Japan, it only just passed the WiiU, famed failure. They don't care about PC and XB1 because neither of those things matter in Japan.

I doubt it's going to work.

Uh, what? FYI, the PS4 is tracking ahead of the PS3 launch aligned and passed the Wii U almost an entire year ago (not that the Wii U was a huge failure in Japan anyway, it did decently for a few years). The PS4 isn't doing amazingly in Japan but it's doing decently. Not even remotely "dead in the water."
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    So apparently Minecraft online play on Switch will require... an Xbox Live login.

https://mynintendonews.com/2017/06/14/minecraft-ceo-confirms-xbox-live-login-on-nintendo-switch/

Starting to get a better feel for why Sony objected. And it's kind of amazing Nintendo agreed.

if it was just Minecraft sure, but Rocket League doesn't require a Live login and Sony aren't likely to budge on that one either.

Yeah, I can understand why Sony blocked Minecraft but there's no such excuses for Rocket League. I don't think they'll ever allow XBL logins on PSN but hopefully they'll change their mind on Rocket League.

Anyway, Nintendo's showcase. Mario and Xenoblade 2 looked amazing. The Fire Emblem Warriors trailer was terrible. Kirby and Yoshi weren't the biggest announcements but decent ones for their fanbase. Metroid Prime 4 would've been a huge FFVIIR sized announcement IF they had more than a f'n logo to show for it. As it was, it was a cool announcement but didn't blow me away. And Pokemon Switch was a terrible announcement of something that was obviously going to happen eventually. Oh and Reggie's segments were terrible. I really don't understand why Metroid: Samus Returns wasn't part of the showcase. I give them a B-.

So my final scores:
    EA: D+
    Microsoft: C
    Bethesda: D
    Ubisoft:A-
    Sony: B-
    Nintendo: B-

So Ubisoft had by far the favourite conference at E3 2017... WTF?

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    Whew, just caught up on yesterday's news and posts because I was too busy (and then tired) to keep up with everything.
    Now it turns out it isn't even PS4 exclusive.

The rumor didn't claim that, it already said they didn't care if it made it to PC.

Except we already know it isn't just PS4/PC, it's also coming to Xbox.

Read.
    vbSyqyK.png

Yeah, and? We're meant to believe Sony "paid big" for a game that's coming out on Xbox, while Capcom were ready to throw handhelds in the trash? That makes no sense to me. I think it makes a lot more sense Capcom just wanted to push Monster Hunter to a worldwide audience, while also planning on bringing back Monster Hunter Portable for Japan on Switch.

What do you mean, yeah and? I had to correct you twice because you didn't even bother to read it, and apparently just assumed it said the game was PS4 exclusive. It didn't...therefore as stated earlier, it got a surprising number of details correct, lending credence to the rumor.

You're arguing with zero basis that "Capcom just wanted to push MH to a worldwide audience," and then we get some pretty clear indications today that they don't plan on localizing XX in the west. How does that fall in line with what you're saying? Doesn't sound very "maximum western audience potential" to me.

But if the rumor is right, then everything falls nicely into place.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    https://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2017/06/14/hard-mode

THE ACCURACY OF THAT LAST PANEL THOUGH

2d86b8aw7vzj.jpg

that shit is fucking perennial